WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB down at Buckskin

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the water on Parker but the turns around the sandbar can get your attention depending on boat traffic and water flow. You can feel it get a little squirrelly around the first bend heading up river.

View attachment 1028753

I almost rolled my HTM on that last right hand turn headed into the sandbar…admittedly coming in too hot kinda sliding around the turn and hit a big roller…smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
I almost rolled my HTM on that last right hand turn headed into the sandbar…admittedly coming in too hot kinda sliding around the turn and hit a big roller…smh

That corner reminds me of California drivers in the rain. Boats are either at full throttle or completely off and panic. Same with heading around the reeds at the entrance to the river. Two spots that get full attention.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
LOL YA right....

Yeah wishful thinking there. If they get all the fluids changed and the motors running that would be a major victory and dodging a big bullet though.

The electronics are surely smoked,

I’m sure the guys wife will be ready to go out on the boat tomorrow with a broken collarbone.

Swain

Reaction score
I saw a video walk around of the boat last night, It looks untouched. They are flushing the motors today. It could be a possibility

What motors were in it? Guys a douche so that's why I was saying lol. He came to look at a boat I had for sale like 12 years ago.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I saw a video walk around of the boat last night, It looks untouched. They are flushing the motors today. It could be a possibility
The faster you do the flush and pickle the motors and drain the water and get everything hot again the better. Heat will cook off all the moisture.

A couple years ago, my buddy and I were out on his boat early one morning and one of the hose blew off in the bilge. We parked it in the slip and went and had breakfast. It sank up to the gunnels by 11 am. We got it out of the water and drained. I drained the oil and got it flushed and refilled and we were back out that afternoon. The only thing that got hurt was one stereo amplifier.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Lol how you going to judge someone 12 years ago.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The faster you do the flush and pickle the motors and drain the water and get everything hot again the better. Heat will cook off all the moisture.

A couple years ago, my buddy and I were out on his boat early one morning and one of the hose blew off in the bilge. We parked it in the slip and went and had breakfast. It sank up to the gunnels by 11 am. We got it out of the water and drained. I drained the oil and got it flushed and refilled and we were back out that afternoon. The only thing that got hurt was one stereo amplifier.

Very true. I’m sure all the gauges are smoked, and I wouldn’t trust them running the boat at this critical time though. But getting the engines and drive up to temp will absolutely save them.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It was a 4k Jet boat, He called to tell me it wasn't nice enough I said what do you expect for 4k....

Who do you think owns or was driving this boat?

bripar77

Reaction score
Tres Martin School is a must for a High Performance Boat especially a Cat. He teaches how to work the wheel during a turn.
Also he will talk you into wearing your vests at all times especially in a Cat (because you can get to fast speeds so easy).

JFMFG

Reaction score
Incorrect. He sold the boat. And was not driving it or in it. He did come help recover it.

There’s always gotta be that person.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Tres Martin School is a must for a High Performance Boat especially a Cat. He teaches how to work the wheel during a turn.
Also he will talk you into wearing your vests at all times especially in a Cat (because you can get to fast speeds so easy).
For any cat or twin step boat peeps should take the class, unfortunately so many people think they know how to drive and are surprised at how low of speeds things can go wrong.
i've been driving boats for over 30 years and was amazed at what i learned.

Boats now days are amazing and so much better than in years past but they are also a lot less forgiving, just for example when following a boat going around a curve in a cat you need to set the boat up completely different than doing the same thing in a twin step v hull

TAKE TRES'S CLASS

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
The River Karens only come out when it’s a rental or a jet ski. No one with a DCB has ever has an at fault accident.

So true! Everyone is always bashing HTM’s but DCB has had quite a few accidents over the years and they go under the rug pretty quick. Goes to show anything can happen no matter the boat.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Yeah RDP Facebook is way different than the forum.
Apparently there were kids in the boat and the Facebook Moms are chiming in.

That corner is sharp and the inside is shallow for maybe 30' off the corner. The end result is a tighter turn than one would expect.
Also the large cliff face area directly across from Buckskin is pretty deep. Seems a better situation where the boat ended up.

Yes, its an odd corner, the water can get very nervous, seldom do I carry any more speed than 35-40 though that section, its a blind corner to start and as stated depth is not at all consistent. Water depth drops off quickly on the Ca. side to about 56 ft if I remember correctly. With the rock face across the river the rollers don't dissipate. there is a nervous spot about the rock pile that is also very deep and creates nervous water with lots of current.

that's a center pod boat right? if so, you'd think it would have had better directional stability (if that's what happened)

happy to see its all working out, could have been different story

GETBOATS

Reaction score
For any cat or twin step boat peeps should take the class, unfortunately so many people think they know how to drive and are surprised at how low of speeds things can go wrong.

Boats now days are amazing and so much better than in years past but they are also a lot less forgiving, just for example when following a boat going around a curve in a cat you need to set the boat up completely different than doing the same thing in a twin step v hull

TAKE TRES'S CLASS

came across a tow boat throwing the biggest wake I've ever seen last Monday in the right hander coming up river at the keys, had to have been 5 footers, we were running 30-35, moved to the inside of the turn, slowed to just on plane and pushed over them. my boat is incredible for only 24 ft. but the point is you've got to know when to back off and just wait for some water without massive holes to complete your turn. add traffic.......sometimes its best to just circle back.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

TAKE TRES'S CLASS
Could not agree more, 40 years of driving fast boats, raced for about 10, thought I knew it all......took that class and I was amazed I hadnt killed myself already after learning how much I didnt know.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It is a treacherous corner...

I've sat there having breakfast at Big Bend and seen people take the corner so badly so many times. And I'm usually only there mid week in the spring and fall! It's amazing there aren't more accidents there.

Hoping for the best for everyone involved.

👍

instagator

Reaction score
Walt, what is the correct way? I will sometimes steer with adding throttle to the outside motor when trimmed up and going fast, never felt like it was going to spin. I have spun before in a single engine cat at maybe 40 mph, felt like it was going to roll but spun instead, scary.
I’d love to eventually hear the 1st hand account of this from the driver, purely as an opportunity to learn something. I’ve owned lots of very fast cats (3 Daytona’s and 1 speedster) and have my 5th cat on order with +/- 25 years driving these things from the 1/4 mile course to many fun runs. Myself and the friends I boat with (who also own cats) almost always roll around between 35-50 mph.

I’ve never, not once had one of my boats get out of shape while loping along, in a hard turn or otherwise. Do they lean to the outside, yes. Do you get a little wet if you’re in a turn and hit a wave, sure. But never would I have envisioned stuffing a sponson and rolling in anything that’s bigger than my old 21’ Daytona. Obviously it happened and I believe in the experience this owner had from what I‘ve read so I’m damn interested in what NOT to do.
In my F 29 , Slower tight turns you have to let the boat push out wider if it starts sponson turning,

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’d love to eventually hear the 1st hand account of this from the driver, purely as an opportunity to learn something. I’ve owned lots of very fast cats (3 Daytona’s and 1 speedster) and have my 5th cat on order with +/- 25 years driving these things from the 1/4 mile course to many fun runs. Myself and the friends I boat with (who also own cats) almost always roll around between 35-50 mph.

I’ve never, not once had one of my boats get out of shape while loping along, in a hard turn or otherwise. Do they lean to the outside, yes. Do you get a little wet if you’re in a turn and hit a wave, sure. But never would I have envisioned stuffing a sponson and rolling in anything that’s bigger than my old 21’ Daytona. Obviously it happened and I believe in the experience this owner had from what I‘ve read so I’m damn interested in what NOT to do.

I would argue you already know exactly what not to do. The fact that the initial commentary is blaming the incident on hitting a roller in a 32 foot boat at low speeds makes me think there is not a lot of value to be gleaned from a first hand account.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Many years ago a friend had his '72 ford pickup roll into the lake after launching his boat, ALL the way into the lake.

The tow truck driver gave some great advice, drain the oil out of the engine, put the plug back in and fill it to the top of the valve covers with diesel.

Then cover the seat with a tarp and put two bags of charcoal on top, cut the bags open, roll up the windows and park it in the sun to dry out the interior.

Being old and mostly free of electronics, the truck ran after new gas was in the tank and oil was put back in the engine. Only the radio quit working.

It is still running on that engine to this day.

mbrown2

Reaction score
My normal protocol for boat accident threads is come in....read and then comment ...."thoughts and prayers for those involved"...or something along those lines.... Then I get out and never come back.... cause even though the first day everyone is really nice and sensitive....by day 5 people are blaming invisible wakeboard boats, drivers cheapness not getting a tres school cert, to west coast center pods....to UFO's... One thing for certain is that train going off the rails will never find its way back...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My normal protocol for boat accident threads is come in....read and then comment ...."thoughts and prayers for those involved"...or something along those lines.... Then I get out and never come back.... cause even though the first day everyone is really nice and sensitive....by day 5 people are blaming invisible wakeboard boats, drivers cheapness not getting a tres school cert, to west coast center pods....to UFO's... One thing for certain is that train going off the rails will never find its way back...

You must be knew. We derail these bitches in 90 minutes now.

DWC

Reaction score
As JD says. Everything in this is true!

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Maybe a drive broke? We don't know exactly what happened.

I just prefer to wait and hopefully hear what happened. Most times we never know for sure.

I would also be curios to see where the trim was at.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

good post

oldschool

Reaction score
If pole vaulting to conclusions was an Olympic sport this place would have a bunch of gold medalists.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The RDP Facebook page seems to be getting more and more "Karen's" posting on it. It used to be a haven from the idiots on River Whips, but they are infiltrating the RDP page.

I gotta be honest I have been on the road so much I haven’t had any real time to moderate the page.. I’ll look into it.