WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flo rida

badluck

Reaction score
Made it to Florida for my kids bjj tournament tomorrow. Pans, it’s one of the biggest tournaments in the USA. Wish her luck. We are making a mini vacation out of it. Starting off in Kissimmee with a tournament tomorrow, owc on Sunday. Kids get a private wakeboard lesson then some cable riding. Hopefully she gets some help landing her first flip. It’s a heel side front roll landing switch. She’s been landing them but unable to ride away. Monday we are getting surf lessons at coco beach. Still looking for things to do Tuesday and Wednesday. Any suggestions? No Disney for these kids. Not interested (thankfully). 10 yr old boy and 12yr old girl. Oh yea she won gold in Vegas, Fresno, and Stockton. Silver in la and double gold in Reno. I think she will get promoted tomorrow if she does well. Fingers crossed

CobraDave

Reaction score
Pretty cool. The amount of training and brains you need to be good at it is amazing. It’s such a mind game. Send some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Awesome. If I had a girl I’d try to get her in BJJ, Kickboxing, etc. Super important to be self sufficient. Good luck!

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Made it to Florida for my kids bjj tournament tomorrow. Pans, it’s one of the biggest tournaments in the USA. Wish her luck. We are making a mini vacation out of it. Starting off in Kissimmee with a tournament tomorrow, owc on Sunday. Kids get a private wakeboard lesson then some cable riding. Hopefully she gets some help landing her first flip. It’s a heel side front roll landing switch. She’s been landing them but unable to ride away. Monday we are getting surf lessons at coco beach. Still looking for things to do Tuesday and Wednesday. Any suggestions? No Disney for these kids. Not interested (thankfully). 10 yr old boy and 12yr old girl. Oh yea she won gold in Vegas, Fresno, and Stockton. Silver in la and double gold in Reno. I think she will get promoted tomorrow if she does well. Fingers crossed

Kennedy Space Center is always an excellent choice and only an hour away from Kissimmee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Good luck we have a few students from the school I train/teach at competing also.

Reactions: DWC

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
There’s rental boats available in Deland, and in Astor. Come check out the St. John’s river. You can make your way to silver glen springs. Kissimmee is about 90 minutes from here.
9816FAF2-B155-4379-9EAD-8ED1D2B494A7.jpeg

Send me a p.m. if you want some more info.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That’s so awesome [emoji106]

My plan is to start my 5 month old little guy in BJJ when he’s older…my niece’s BF is a pro fighter and instructor, says he teaches kids as young as 4 years

How old did you start her in BJJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

badluck

Reaction score
That’s so awesome [emoji106]

My plan is to start my 5 month old little guy in BJJ when he’s older…my niece’s BF is a pro fighter and instructor, says he teaches kids as young as 4 years

How old did you start her in BJJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Started my son around 6 and daughter around 8. She did it 1-2 times a week for the first few yrs. lost first 2 tournaments and turned on a switch. She trains 5-6 days a week 3-4 hours a day. For this tournament she trained 5 days a week for 8 hrs a day, for 2 months. She used to play 2 soccer teams softball and bjj at the same time. We are only doing bjj at the moment. She’s hooked. It’s good to start them young but the learning is slow at the young age.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I saw flo rida on accident at a music festival. I hate rap. Hate. But holy shit it was fun. House wives were getting naked.
Right! I totally agree RR. I saw Flo Rida at ”The Tortuga Festival” in 2019. It‘s 3 day country concert on a Ft Lauderdale beach and Flo Rida was on the 3rd stage in the back. We’ll he killed it. The energy was outstanding, he knew how to interact with the crowd and he had the whole damn beach venue full of cowboys, cowgirls, hillbillies…..they were all going crazy over his performance.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
No particular order……..

Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour

Rent Swan Peddle Boats on Lake Eola in downtown Orlando

Air boat tour on Lake Jesup - The most alligator infested lake in all Florida

Downtown Disney - This is just a huge place

Universal Studios

Legoland

Rent boat - Go to Ponce Inlet and sandbar

St John’s River

Treasure Island - This is a fun Beach near Tampa

Windermere chain of lakes boat tour - This is very close to Kissimmee

Milenia Mall

Go to a timeshare presentation - now I am just being funny

Mount Dora - Quaint city with boat tour - Fun and touristy

Drive your rental car on beach in Daytona or New Smyrna Beach (NSB is much better than Daytona)

Go to Captain Hirams in Sebastian Florida - A fun bar that is huge

That’s all I can think of……

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Suppose to do Treasure Island this fall with a group of friends.

badluck

Reaction score
No particular order……..

Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour

Rent Swan Peddle Boats on Lake Eola in downtown Orlando

Air boat tour on Lake Jesup - The most alligator infested lake in all Florida

Downtown Disney - This is just a huge place

Universal Studios

Legoland

Rent boat - Go to Ponce Inlet and sandbar

St John’s River

Treasure Island - This is a fun Beach near Tampa

Windermere chain of lakes boat tour - This is very close to Kissimmee

Milenia Mall

Go to a timeshare presentation - now I am just being funny

Mount Dora - Quaint city with boat tour - Fun and touristy

Drive your rental car on beach in Daytona or New Smyrna Beach (NSB is much better than Daytona)

Go to Captain Hirams in Sebastian Florida - A fun bar that is huge

That’s all I can think of……
Going to Clearwater tomorrow! Starting the morning off at cocoa beach surfing then over to clearwater. Had a blast over at ocw. Wakeboarding went well and had a blast on the aqua park with the kids. We surfed for about 1/2 hour until lighting ended that.

DWC

Reaction score
Gold! All 3 by submission!
Congrats to her. Young lady is on a great path. Super impressive to sub out. What’s her go to move?

Jiu Jitsu tourneys are the most stressful things you can ever do. The amount of training, dieting and prep for what could be a short weekend is nuts. My first Maga tourney I lost 0-0 with a lost advantage. None of the stuff i used in training worked. My OG medals:oops:.
535B4D4C-AD68-4196-8700-80C0DD54882C.jpeg
9F6FB87E-5671-4B7B-A173-846C46C50908.jpeg

badluck

Reaction score
Congrats to her. Young lady is on a great path. Super impressive to sub out. What’s her go to move?

Jiu Jitsu tourneys are the most stressful things you can ever do. The amount of training, dieting and prep for what could be a short weekend is nuts. My first Maga tourney I lost 0-0 with a lost advantage. None of the stuff i used in training worked. My OG medals:oops:.
View attachment 1030070 View attachment 1030071
Impressive!
1st match cross choke brim the back
2nd match was Kimura
3rd match was arm bar
Finished every match in under a minute.
her go to she says is whatever it takes!

Yesterday she rode away from a heel side front roll landing switch on a wakeboard.

DWC

Reaction score
Impressive!
2nd match was Kimura
3rd match was arm bar

Yesterday she rode away from a heel side front roll landing switch on a wakeboard.
That’s no joke. Congrats again. The sport has come so far it’s awesome to see.

Tooned Up

Reaction score
Impressive!
2nd match was Kimura
3rd match was arm bar

This is beyond OUTSTANDING and you must be extremely proud!!!