WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$17.95 sandwich on the river

Your ad here

Reaction score
Its ridiculous and even in town restaurant prices are ridiculous. Last time I was in Havasu I tried a place recommended on here. Paid $14.50 for a medium small cheeseburger combo. Pretty much a kids size meal. I was out last night and left this morning. I packed meals from home to get me through. Probably $8 in groceries and better than 90% of the places anywhere.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Even the havasu springs resturant raised their prices. Must be the new floor they installed really took the place up a few notches. I'm not complaining, I still like the place.

Pirates on the other hand I've only been there twice. Likely not going back.

Reactions: DWC

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm not much of an eat-out guy . . . but I did go to Norms the other day with my Dad for a chicken fried steak breakfast. Didn't notice any major price increases, but I'm sure they went up some. The staff was noticeably friendly and service was great. I tipped our waitress a few extra bucks, I could tell she was very happy to be working, which was nice to see.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Even the havasu springs resturant raised their prices. Must be the new floor they installed really took the place up a few notches. I'm not complaining, I still like the place.

Pirates on the other hand I've only been there twice. Likely not going back.
I'll gladly with a big smile pay a lil extra for the springs food. Not those other mention spots. 😊

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Its ridiculous and even in town restaurant prices are ridiculous. Last time I was in Havasu I tried a place recommended on here. Paid $14.50 for a medium small cheeseburger combo. Pretty much a kids size meal. I was out last night and left this morning. I packed meals from home to get me through. Probably $8 in groceries and better than 90% of the places anywhere.
$8 in groceries? I call bull shit. $8 don’t buy anything.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Holly shit I didn’t see that coming. I won’t mention what place. Wasn’t even as good as last year. Service was good though. I think I will continue bringing food with me to the lake / river

What kinna sandwich??

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
You think that’s bad, last year the wife and I had breakfast at Big Bend, Ho Ree Phuk, $18 for an omelette! Nothing special, just ham, sausage, bacon, and mushrooms. But it did come with cold toast with hard butter on the side.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Have you seen the price of a new custom boat lately?🤗

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I want to go down to T’s with you and order a cheeseburger.. something went weird there because I can barely finish them.. lol. I’ll buy!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Wait now i gotta call bullshit.... everytime i buy hot dogs there are 8 dogs and 10 buns!
Now wait a minute, you mean I'm getting ripped off by two buns on the one's we buy!! Phuck where do you shop??? J

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
As an former OTR truck driver I've had my share of sandwiches and you can't beat a homemade sandwich.. There always better than a restaurant meal (imo). FUCK I cringe looking at subway billboards and signs now!!

nowski

Reaction score
We've even gone as far as tying the boat up at LBR and take an uber to Angelina's for and early dinner. Get back to the boat and close the lake down, that's how we roll on occasion...

Reactions: DWC

sintax

Reaction score
If the service was good you can’t be talking about Topock.

I’ve only had fairly good experiences at Topock, but then again I only go midweek in off months. They’re always attentive the foods as good as it ever is, which is only ok, but it’s better than my usual PB&J id make.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Holly shit I didn’t see that coming. I won’t mention what place. Wasn’t even as good as last year. Service was good though. I think I will continue bringing food with me to the lake / river
This is what happens when you have to pay burger flippers $25 per hour to get them off their couches because Jao is paying them $750 per week to stay home.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
@RiverDave if my boat gets done in time are we making a night run to topock for Steak and Lobster?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I want to go down to T’s with you and order a cheeseburger.. something went weird there because I can barely finish them.. lol. I’ll buy!
Yea , somethings off , their burger with cheese and bacon is a solid meal

River Runnin

Reaction score
9 bucks for a dbl cheese burger (weekends only) at outer harbor! Fook'n awesome! ;) ..... Same @ river Island market! ... but less $'s:)

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I have been known to cook up a few hot dogs before we hit the water, wrap the in foil and lay them on top of the motor. Nice and warm when we are ready for a little snack.

It worked when I was driving forklift too.

Ha
My dad used to tell stories about doing this all the time in Vietnam. He drove a truck and would put his MRE’s in the air filter box before a drive. Bragged he always had a hot meal.
Years later Dad died of cancer. Correlation? Who knows. Just sayin’. 😮

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Got take out from Chao Praya last night. Fed four of us for $40. Ad didn't have any, he told us all about the sandwiches he packed for $8

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Ha
My dad used to tell stories about doing this all the time in Vietnam. He drove a truck and would put his MRE’s in the air filter box before a drive. Bragged he always had a hot meal.
Years later Dad died of cancer. Correlation? Who knows. Just sayin’. 😮
My dad would do the same but with burritos from Las Golondrinas in capo Beach. Placed them on the boat motor and went fishing out of Dana Point. We did that for 20 years. Always had hot burritos.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
My dad would do the same but with burritos from Las Golondrinas in capo Beach. Placed them on the boat motor and went fishing out of Dana Point. We did that for 20 years. Always had hot burritos.

Did that with 7-11 frozen burritos... Ford diesel radiator, two hours later, a hot burrito for breakfast.
Radiator burritos... Mmmmm

Dan'l

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
You know you can’t beat a couple slices of turkey on a mayo’d roll, with chopped pepperonis, chopped Clausen pickles, and chopped roma tomatoes - the kids called those “River Sandwiches” because that was the staple we’d have all those years in Parker, before we had a boat that could take the Havasu chop.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
$8 in groceries? I call bull shit. $8 don’t buy anything.
Remember that next time someone says you are poor 😂.
$8 will buy you a lunch. He didn’t say how good the lunch would be :)

I can grab an OK river lunch for the 4 of us for $12 at Smiths. $10 sandwich kit at the deli has - .5 lb cheese, and 1 lb of meat, and a $1.99 loaf of bread. They have all the free condiment packets there. For $15 I can add a bag of chips. For $18 I can add a 16oz sour cream and a dip packet.

2 sandwiches for $8 is totally doable out of the deli.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Before Covid we would spend $500-$600 a month dining out not including a major event dinner

Since covid its $50 a month if that.