WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Catalina Ski Race Live Feed

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
We will be trying the live feed broadcast again this year. Hopefully it is better than previous year's.

Here is the info you will need to watch:

Option 1 - Goto Facebook Catalina Ski Race page, "Like" the page, "Follow" the page to get notifications when LIVE video is being broadcast.

Option 2 - Goto the CSR website, www.catalinaskirace.net/live/

If all goes well you should get some coverage of the turn and the finish and possibly some footage in between. Don't shoot the messenger. 😁

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
The logistics of a Catalina Live feed is mind boggling... But it should give the Aussies something to do in the middle of the night since they cant be here.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
2 1/2 hours an this was the best they ( the catalina race.net, ) could do ?......I watched starting a bit after 7:00 am an I STILL can't figure out if they are coming or going !..........fukit, I'm gonna go shovel the horses corral's .....................MAYBE next year ( I've said this for the last 4 years :(..............hopefully SOMEBODY will post the results HERE on RDP ..................

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Back up live - watch the finish! Coming up.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I've just been hearing sponsor info. Is this the correct stream? Would have been nice to know who was leading, hit the turn first, etc.

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
687 coming through! Let's go Brian!

4th place and a little pressure from another skier. Pretty cool

4 the overall is my best finish. We fought hard to catch Mason and I some how found something deep in me to get around him and finish hard. My crew was incredible and a class act

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
4 the overall is my best finish. We fought hard to catch Mason and I some how found something deep in me to get around him and finish hard. My crew was incredible and a class act

Super pumped for you as was the announcer on the live stream. I’m guessing you know each other. How was the water out there?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Super pumped for you as was the announcer on the live stream. I’m guessing you know each other. How was the water out there?
Almost everyone in water ski racing knows each other. Jeff Barrus was doing the announcing on the live stream, as well as coordinating all of the cameras and broadcast as he has for years. I have observed in his boat in races, and actually driven his boat to pull him in at least one race in recent years. Actually, looking at the field of racers, I have known many of them for 30 years and longer. I have helped various skiers learn to make "wrapped" starts, observed for a number of them in their first ski races, and helped some into the sport. There are not nearly as many skiers now days, hard to believe I have been around it more than 50 years, even though my family never had a boat when I was growing up.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
2 1/2 hours an this was the best they ( the catalina race.net, ) could do ?......I watched starting a bit after 7:00 am an I STILL can't figure out if they are coming or going !..........fukit, I'm gonna go shovel the horses corral's .....................MAYBE next year ( I've said this for the last 4 years :(..............hopefully SOMEBODY will post the results HERE on RDP ..................

If you think it's easy step up and do the job.

1627261419098.png

KevinR

Reaction score
A big congratulations to all the teams. Thank the Lord it was a clean day. All who prepped and dropped in are to be commended. Big time.
Special congratulations to the teams that took their classes. Awesome.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, you'll have no budget, zero. We are doing this on donations from people, of $$$, equipment and their time.
I commented on the other thread, great job on the livestream in spite of the technical difficulties. I enjoyed being able to get a sense of what was going on at the race even though I wasn't there.

Big thanks to all of the volunteers who made this happen