WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

High school kids

Swain

Reaction score
So my sons on the Football team and all the kids think it’s fun to toilet paper everyone. I’m ok with that but they keep doing it to our house and once poured beans on our lawn. Ok I’ll have the Gardner mow it up. They came back again and egged the truck which is mine they thought was my sons. The paint on my truck spider cracked in three areas. I found out who did it sorta. They threw a receipt in the trash they threw over and it said a Blue SUV going throw Canes drive through. I found the car today and got the plate number. My cop friends going to run the plate for address. Do I show up to his parents with quotes for a paint job? Looking for ideas what to do. I know he knows I figured out who it was.

Swain

Reaction score

Attachments

• BCB3106B-87B2-4BB8-9D92-C789ACD8A6C1.jpeg
    BCB3106B-87B2-4BB8-9D92-C789ACD8A6C1.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 441
  • EEA814EA-F1AC-4C38-A54E-A05340744922.jpeg
    EEA814EA-F1AC-4C38-A54E-A05340744922.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 432
  • 5572E47C-961B-4E0B-A266-71689B6B3E18.jpeg
    5572E47C-961B-4E0B-A266-71689B6B3E18.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 425

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So my sons on the Football team and all the kids think it’s fun to toilet paper everyone. I’m ok with that but they keep doing it to our house and once poured beans on our lawn. Ok I’ll have the Gardner mow it up. They came back again and egged the truck which is mine they thought was my sons. The paint on my truck spider cracked in three areas. I found out who did it sorta. They threw a receipt in the trash they threw over and it said a Blue SUV going throw Canes drive through. I found the car today and got the plate number. My cop friends going to run the plate for address. Do I show up to his parents with quotes for a paint job? Looking for ideas what to do. I know he knows I figured out who it was.

A receipt from a drive thru describes the car? And you found the receipt in your trash?

Swain

Reaction score
A receipt from a drive thru describes the car? And you found the receipt in your trash?

found it in the trash they threw over my wall with the toilet paper. Raising canes writes the car and time of the order on the receipt. Then two days ago I saw the blue SUV drive off right when they threw the eggs. Even have the last 4 of his Visa number on it

JB in so cal

Reaction score
found it in the trash they threw over my wall with the toilet paper. Raising canes writes the car and time of the order on the receipt. Then two days ago I saw the blue SUV drive off right when they threw the eggs. Even have the last 4 of his Visa number on it
What are you waiting for?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
TP'ing and beans, soap, forks on the grass is one thing. Fairly harmless and innocent. Causing property damage..... whole other thing. Take it to the parents. If the parents don't want to do anything about, I'd tell them if you ever catch their kids vehicle at your house on your camera again, the evidence goes to the police.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Take it to the Football coach too.
If the coach values his team, reputation and is setting out to be a role model for these boys… it sound also be handled on the field.
Whole team runs until the culprit steps forward..

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If the coach values his team, reputation and is setting out to be a role model for these boys… it sound also be handled on the field.
We had some guys on our team go camping after one of the school dances and got hammered, and the girls they took with them as well. Well one of the girls mom's didn't like that one bit and called the school. Coach made all of us seniors do up downs for 2 hours or until the one that bought the alcohol confessed. Worst 2 hours of practice ever. I mother fucked that guy left and right for being a bitch and never stepping up.....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well now...kids aren't as sneaky as they used to be. Throwing trash with receipts...with Visa numbers...this kid isn't too sharp.
Before heading over to the parents, make damn good and sure your kid hasn't been up to any "shady dealings". TP'ing a house of a teammate is one thing, trashing it multiple times is another. This isn't the typical team bonding deal...something isn't right.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Karma-
Kid I know from HS went away to school in Colorado-
He and some dorm buddies went out shooting in the woods.
They left shotgun shells, ammo boxes, a shot-up computer screen and........ the receipt for the ammo from the sporting goods store still in the plastic bag.
Turned out that was in a national forest/park and after cleaning up the site the rangers tracked down the CC info on the receipt and he was arrested on federal warrant and then released. Dumbass. Turns out he paid like $5000 in fines. I'm a big "pack it in- pack it out and leave with more trash than you came with so this was a story with a happy ending.

Last edited:

jailbird141

Reaction score

This. Pressure from the coach and team are your best bet. If that doesn't work, then go introduce yourself to the parents. When the whole team pays for one person's poor choices, the problem usually gets solved pretty quick.

attitude

Reaction score
The kids parents would definitely be paying to repaint my car. When I was in high school my sister was on the cheer team and they would TP each other’s houses, well that escalated to them going to the breaker box and cutting all power to the house. It never happened to us but I know other parents were not amused.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Wouldn't your son know who TP'd the house? That narrows it down.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Sucks you've gotta deal with this . . . but I agree . . . the little shits gotta be held accountable, . . . with all the crap people are getting away with, I'd look at is a 'life-lesson' for them, and you're actually doing them a favor.
I did something stupid when I was really young . . . it cost me an Elk hunting trip in New Mexico, my parents even made me call my Uncle Louie and explain to him why I couldn't come. I'll never forget him saying to me on the telephone, "Don't do anymore bad things so we can go next year" . . . that twisted my guts at the time.

Taboma

Reaction score
When I was in HS, be it the misguided youthful antics of my fellow football team or some student ass-clown, if somebody pulled some stupid shit with me, or especially our home, I'd find out who to blame and then I'd handle it.
That always seemed to send the proper message. Life was much more simple back in the 60's.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
My stupid kid was part of a group that TP'd and egged a girl's house. An ex-boyfriend was the instigator.

The mother of the girl didn't fuck around. She found a receipt from the dumb ass who left the shopping bag on her lawn. They went to WalMart and watched the video of these boys buying eggs and TP. Cops involved.

She ended up suing every kid involved. One of the other kids' mom was supposedly handling it, but that went sideways. Some bitches just don't get along with anyone. The victim got her house re-stucco coated, then painted front and back, and her Mercedes repainted with a brand new convertible top too. It went though each kid's homeowner's insurance policy. She cleared $84,000 in damages. My son had to work all summer to cover the cost of the deductible.

An expensive lesson.

So yeah, you can get your car fixed. Ask them nicely first, but if they don't play ball take em to court.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Talking to the Parents = complete waste of time.
File charges with Police. Have them go there. Now you got their attention.
Tell them what you want or go to court. Be prepared for civil court.
I work full time for our HS district. Athletic Photographer. I work for 6 HS's in our area.
For 15 years now. Believe me, I know HS kids and their Parents.
OR...... go buy a dozen eggs and even the score. Say nothing to anyone. Ever.
Nuff said.

nowski

Reaction score
Back in the day we toilet papered the wrong house, Santa Fe Spring homes all look alike. We realized that when we drove by the home the next morning and saw an elderly couple cleaning up the mess. We felt so bad we stopped and helped them clean up the disaster we created. We didn't mention anything about us being the culprits, some things are just better left unsaid and that was the last home we ever TPed...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As fragile as eggs shells are they definitely cut and chip car paint as the eggs lands on it and leave a circular/oval ring of damaged paint.... especially if thrown with any force. The egg white/yoke itself will etch the paint like acid unless washed off immediately.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Unless the football coach is a automotive painter i could care less how many miles he makes the kids run . Repainting your truck is key to making this situation whole . I know people that would not even want the vehicle anymore due to it no longer being a factory paint job . Good luck

j21black

Reaction score
Where we live now it is tradition for incoming Seniors to roll incoming juniors houses.

One night last fall they decided it was time to do ours. A couple of my daughters friends were in the group and stopped it from happening as they told my wife afterwards. Do you know her dad? Do you have a death wish? If he doesn't catch you in the act his cameras will and there will be hell to pay. Nothing happened at our house and I would suspect next year when my son is a Junior nothing will happen then either. After this my wife said, now I understand why you want them all to be afraid of you. I'm nice to all of them, they just know I don't F around.

They took it to far at ones house. Raw chicken meat in a car. I don't remember what happened but one of the parents called us asking for information on another kids parents. My wife basically told them we are friends with all parties and are not getting involved. I know the COPS were involved but not sure how it all panned out in the end.

Swain

Reaction score
My Son is about 5'6' these kids that did it are over 6' I think its just pranks but the egging is pissing me off

I heard a lot of the kids its happening to as well.

My buddy is going to run the plates today and get me the parents address

Also the Football Coach I know so he is aware.

Dettom

Reaction score
Kids don't own stuff. Parents are responsible for them and their actions until they're 18. Did I miss something else?
Worse part, parents will zealously protect their kids from any consequences, and challenge you to a fight. Then they wonder how their kids turned out to be such assholes. The apple don’t fall far from the tree in my experience.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
eggs have always been over the line.
Old school: Don't mess with cars or family.

Cars never got touched.
Never picked on kid brothers or sisters.

Plastic forks in the lawn were a good one though. Can't mow them, pain to rake them. Pretty much had to pluck them out.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
For a while I had the little utility key that opened up the toilet paper locks. So for a few months we stole TP from every school bathroom, and at other schools between our neighborhood and our six mile away high school. We stockpiled TP and those trifold wipes that they used instead of TP.

I think we had saved up like 243 rolls of paper and 60 of the trifold packs. It took us two hours of work to TP the house of a young female friend. They were out of town and returning the next day. The neighbors came out and watched. LOL It was...impressive. So. Much. Paper.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
True story here and I can show you the scars to prove it.;) Last time I ever TP'd a house was 8th Grade. My brother and a friend of mine were TP'ing a girls house we went to school with when suddenly the lights came on the dog came out. Not sure if it was chasing us or just barking but we took off sprinting into a field across the street. Me being the fastest of the three I was out in front when all of a sudden I stopped mid-stride and not by choice. It turns out I had run full blast into a barbed wire fence and I was stuck to it...stuck to it by my scrotum. I couldn't get off of it because every time I moved the barb would hit my testes. I sat on that fence for a good 20 minutes while my brother ran home and got bolt cutters. Needless to say my TP'ing days ended that night.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Bob and I did what was considered in our peer group as the ultimate to job on Stacys house. No house visible, just roof and white paper. Then shaving creamed the garage door”GOTCHA”. It quickly became known we did it. Then I found out the shaving cream stained the painted gotcha on the door.
I went to her dad and told him I would repaint the door but he wouldn’t let me. But after that I became his favorite “Damn Kids”.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I'm not getting egging a team mates car, might as well spray paint it also. I think talking to the parents and football coach would be a good start. My bring heat to your son so maybe even the score on the down low when you get the cast of characters. I probably just take a shit and wipe it all over the inside of their car and call it even.

77charger

Reaction score
Done some tp as a kid as well as other pranks too.But they were limited to what we could clean up if caught.No eggs or rotten things just tp placement of porch furniture etc.We knew better than to egg anything cause my parents would have beaten my ass.

I know if mine got tp well my daughter will have to clean LOL but if permanant damage is done there will be a price to pay if caught!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I would be careful stating that your cop friend is going to run the plates and give you the info.
^ This...

You friends in LE can get themselves in hot water over running plates. I would keep that part of the story hush hush

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
My kid was in band and the football team would pull some stupid shit every so often on band kids.
The final straw was band was practicing and a couple football player decided it would be best to run through band practice, run into kids etc. Idiot had no idea, the band was state champs and recorded practice since it was a competing field marching band. Since I knew the AD at the high school, we had a little meeting with the AD, Head Football coach and Marching Band Director. End result, 4 players who just got moved up from JV to Varsity were immediately removed from the football team and another 6 were assigned cleanup duty for the band. Those 6 spent 4 hours with me after football practice to setup and then remove band pratice items and then 2-3 hour after each home football game putting band stuff away while their friends were out partying. Since the band parent organization was a 401c, once the season was over each player received credit for 40hr of community service :)

So my advise, take it to the AD and Head Coach. State what you want fixed and if it is not resolved quickly you will go to the courts. Most likely with coach will pressure his players to make it right, or risk being kicked off the team.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My kid was in band and the football team would pull some stupid shit every so often on band kids.
The final straw was band was practicing and a couple football player decided it would be best to run through band practice, run into kids etc. Idiot had no idea, the band was state champs and recorded practice since it was a competing field marching band. Since I knew the AD at the high school, we had a little meeting with the AD, Head Football coach and Marching Band Director. End result, 4 players who just got moved up from JV to Varsity were immediately removed from the football team and another 6 were assigned cleanup duty for the band. Those 6 spent 4 hours with me after football practice to setup and then remove band pratice items and then 2-3 hour after each home football game putting band stuff away while their friends were out partying. Since the band parent organization was a 401c, once the season was over each player received credit for 40hr of community service :)

So my advise, take it to the AD and Head Coach. State what you want fixed and if it is not resolved quickly you will go to the courts. Most likely with coach will pressure his players to make it right, or risk being kicked off the team.
That's actually very cool that they got punished, but instead of getting a detrimental mark on their record could show they did 40hrs of community service. Some places like that on transcripts...looks a lot better than a criminal record.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
We did our TP’n in junior high because we couldn’t drive to house parties yet. Back then it was usually over a crush or milestone to one of the kids in the target family. Never permitted use of eggs but I specifically remember throwing homemade confetti. A few times we went a little too far (over a hundred rolls or bags of hole punches) or a water based paint graffiti on the garage door. If it wasn’t already cleaned up the next day by 10 AM we would stroll over and pitch in. I agree with the other post. Pursue the reparations but try to keep your kid in consideration on how this might impact them going forward. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk