WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu's most stupid listing

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I haven’t read the whole thread but one trend I noticed is % wise the smaller houses gained more ground than the larger ones.. For example from 2019 till now some houses might have gone from 375 to 600+.. where something that was a million might have only gone to 1.3-1.4’ish..

So that house even though it went up 500, % wise it may not have gained as much ground as a normal cheaper house.. maybe because vrbo on normal houses are driving the numbers up?

Affordability and perceived need is what I believe is driving numbers up.

Most people don't necessarily "need" all that comes with a $1.3 M house in Havasu, when they can get an RV garage, pool and an all around nice house for $700k. And also I think many people have a fundamental mind block to paying for something over $1M in Havasu. That market is small compared to the market for $500k-$800K houses, which seem to be the sweet spot.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I haven’t read the whole thread but one trend I noticed is % wise the smaller houses gained more ground than the larger ones.. For example from 2019 till now some houses might have gone from 375 to 600+.. where something that was a million might have only gone to 1.3-1.4’ish..

So that house even though it went up 500, % wise it may not have gained as much ground as a normal cheaper house.. maybe because vrbo on normal houses are driving the numbers up?

You read the thread at some point back then because I remember you or Stacy calling me and giving a rash of crap because of posting it......... 😬😬😬

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Affordability and perceived need is what I believe is driving numbers up.

Most people don't necessarily "need" all that comes with a $1.3 M house in Havasu, when they can get an RV garage, pool and an all around nice house for $700k. And also I think many people have a fundamental mind block to paying for something over $1M in Havasu. That market is small compared to the market for $500k-$800K houses, which seem to be the sweet spot.
people that don't have A MILLOIN DOLLAR BUDGET THINK that a million dollar home is gonna be a luxury home, luxury homes now start at 2 million.. a freind is looking at a tract home with a RV garage in vegas, price is 1.4 million, nice house , but it is still a tract home with 1/2 acre property...in havasu, probley a million or less... havasu is in high demand. even though they have nothing to offer as far as living amenities and good sold infrastructure ... but, people move from there sub standard neighborhood. where they were actually at the bottom or close in neighborhoods , to havasu where they are instantly pompous and have bragging rights that they now live in the upper class... kinda like people from cal not looking a north side of havasu because the south side snubs the north for what ever reason... havasu has no medical, no shopping, no restaurants, no night clubs, no gambling, but funny thing... people there have no problem driving all the way to vegas to save a buck on toilet paper.. but like i said... people are willing to spend a mill on a home in the foothills and act like they are upper class when the same home in cal would be over 2 mill...

Reactions: DWC

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Most people that bought in havasu in past year are from calif 40 percent of the new purchases didn’t appraise the paid on to make the loan work it’s nice for local realtors but when it’s done it’s done that’s when we come in

gqchris

Reaction score
people that don't have A MILLOIN DOLLAR BUDGET THINK that a million dollar home is gonna be a luxury home, luxury homes now start at 2 million.. a freind is looking at a tract home with a RV garage in vegas, price is 1.4 million, nice house , but it is still a tract home with 1/2 acre property...in havasu, probley a million or less... havasu is in high demand. even though they have nothing to offer as far as living amenities and good sold infrastructure ... but, people move from there sub standard neighborhood. where they were actually at the bottom or close in neighborhoods , to havasu where they are instantly pompous and have bragging rights that they now live in the upper class... kinda like people from cal not looking a north side of havasu because the south side snubs the north for what ever reason... havasu has no medical, no shopping, no restaurants, no night clubs, no gambling, but funny thing... people there have no problem driving all the way to vegas to save a buck on toilet paper.. but like i said... people are willing to spend a mill on a home in the foothills and act like they are upper class when the same home in cal would be over 2 mill...

I always thought same thing Steve, no damn way im paying a million dollars for a house in the middle of the desert. Lets face it, strip away the layers like you said and its a few
notches above Needles. Still a desert town in middle of nowhere.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You read the thread at some point back then because I remember you or Stacy calling me and giving a rash of crap because of posting it......... 😬😬😬

If I was concerned about the thread.. I woulda deleted the thread. 🤪

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Most people that bought in havasu in past year are from calif 40 percent of the new purchases didn’t appraise the paid on to make the loan work it’s nice for local realtors but when it’s done it’s done that’s when we come in

You come in and…???

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
do you really think the homes in 86406 can hold a value at 900 thousand it’s a weekend town son

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
do you really think the homes in 86406 can hold a value at 900 thousand it’s a weekend town son

Not anymore.... you see all the retired boomers there now? These aren’t people that are gonna lose their houses. These are people that have relocated or purchased a 2nd or third home.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And what happen,s when the river [ the attraction ] dwindle,s ?? nice place to visit but .

If that happens the place will be a snowbird and off-roading town. It’s the lowest reservoir on the Colorado. We will have plenty of warning if the water dries up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are moving dirt on your old property in the RE. Looks like someone will be building soon

I saw that.. one of the listings we went to was two houses away.