WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Urgent…Someone with Phoenix or Vegas Hospital connections!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I was hoping it wasn’t Roy. I can only offer prayers at this point. I’m really hoping he gets the treatment he needs ASAP.

charred1

Reaction score
The fact that he is on a vent makes transport more difficult. It’s not as simple as an ambulance ride or air transport. Things might be different in Az, but in San Diego a vent patient transport requires a specialized nurse and specialized equipment for transport. It’s called a CCT (critical care transport). Hoping the best for this gentleman and his family.

gqchris

Reaction score
The fact that he is on a vent makes transport more difficult. It’s not as simple as an ambulance ride or air transport. Things might be different in Az, but in San Diego a vent patient transport requires a specialized nurse and specialized equipment for transport. It’s called a CCT (critical care transport). Hoping the best for this gentleman and his family.

Yup. But its not as hard as it sounds. When I worked for an ambulance company, we always had 3-5 flight nurses on call for CCT’s. Any of our rigs could transport in the back, as the vents are portable and attached to the gurney. I did a couple long haul CCT’s that took a few hours. Always tense though because if anything went wrong it coukd go downhill FAST.

Riverryder

Reaction score
vegas hospitals are crazy busy right now. hospitals wont transfer patient because family wants right away, tho's get put on the back burner in a sense, especially right now in vegas being so full with patients.
only way a transfer happens fast is if the hospital doesnt have something the patient needs. aka HIGHER LEVEL OF CARE. if he gets worse or the find something else then itll happen. hospitals all have transfer coordinators lake havasu case manager would need to call hospitals and shop around see if theyll take the patient but if the hospitals are like the ones here when they are full they wont take more even if the patient needs them.

idk how phoenix or other bigger cities are but i work at 2 hospitals in vegas and they are both full and then some.
hope he gets better!

arch stanton

Reaction score
vegas hospitals are crazy busy right now. hospitals wont transfer patient because family wants right away, tho's get put on the back burner in a sense, especially right now in vegas being so full with patients.
only way a transfer happens fast is if the hospital doesnt have something the patient needs. aka HIGHER LEVEL OF CARE. if he gets worse or the find something else then itll happen. hospitals all have transfer coordinators lake havasu case manager would need to call hospitals and shop around see if theyll take the patient but if the hospitals are like the ones here when they are full they wont take more even if the patient needs them.

idk how phoenix or other bigger cities are but i work at 2 hospitals in vegas and they are both full and then some.
hope he gets better!
are they full of kung Flu patients or is something else causing all the hospitals to be full ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let's try to keep this tread on track and about Roy instead of broader COVID issues.

@RiverDiva any update?

The only update I have heard is that his oxygen levels are getting better and no longer dipping when they turn him. He tried to wake up out of the medically induced coma, which I believe is a sign of getting stronger. Hoping to hear an update today.

RD

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
We need emergency help. Our lovely hospital has given up on our friend and he is still viable to survive. Every hospital transfer request has been tainted due to the hospital painting a dismal picture of his outlook. We need an in to an icu physician that would be willing to accept a difficult turnaround and give our friend a fighting chance. The only way we can make this work is to fill the receiving hospital physician in on what’s really happening with our friends care and where he stands. We are meeting with lead physicians at 10am to get the bad news.
Please call Damon or myself direct or text. We are out of time.
Damon 602-750-7898
Stacy 928-706-4200

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We need emergency help. Our lovely hospital has given up on our friend and he is still viable to survive. Every hospital transfer request has been tainted due to the hospital painting a dismal picture of his outlook. We need an in to an icu physician that would be willing to accept a difficult turnaround and give our friend a fighting chance. The only way we can make this work is to fill the receiving hospital physician in on what’s really happening with our friends care and where he stands. We are meeting with lead physicians at 10am to get the bad news.
Damon 602-750-7898
Stacy 928-706-4200

Stacy - is it possible to get a lawyer to advocate for transfer? Sometimes just the sight of having legal council makes people change their tune quick........
Im sure this has been thought of, but if not it's worth a lot.

Best of luck, horrible situation.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Stacy - is it possible to get a lawyer to advocate for transfer? Sometimes just the sight of having legal council makes people change their tune quick........
Im sure this has been thought of, but if not it's worth a lot.

Best of luck, horrible situation.
I passed this on. I can’t divulge all details online obviously. But any advice and/or contacts are still being utilized.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for some positive news. I wish I had some connections to help

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Damon 602-750-7898
Stacy 928-706-4200

Did you try calling Scripts? They wouldn't take him??

Wedgy

Reaction score
Praying for a positive outcome. Roy is much loved. Hang in there Team Roy. Loma Linda saved Pops more than once. Racking my brain along with everyone. Godspeed.
Is there a Medical Foundation that could provide support? Like the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation supports families with CF Kids?

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Praying for a positive outcome. Roy is much loved. Hang in there Team Roy. Loma Linda saved Pops more than once. Racking my brain along with everyone. Godspeed.
Is there a Medical Foundation that could provide support? Like the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation supports families with CF Kids?
I have no idea about a foundation. I imagine there is so much of this going on the lists must be long.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
May be stupid but what about just cold calling the hospital administrators at mayo etc. has anyone reached out to KRMC in Kingman? They are closely tied to Mayo including partnership on the rehab center east of town.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Hey Stacey, check your phone I just left you a voice mail

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ssc

Reaction score
Dignity? St Joseph? Banner?

Regards, Steve

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not knowing how this works, what happens if you just show up in an ambulance at the hospital of your choice?
They are supposed to help you to the best of their abilities. This may be an airlift deal, so I don't know if they could get in trouble. I thought about this as well, a prison break and run to a bigger provider.

Singleton

Reaction score
Not knowing how this works, what happens if you just show up in an ambulance at the hospital of your choice?

Roy is still on a vent or forced oxygen, so no ability to walk out the door and walk into a new one :(

poncho

Reaction score
This is terrible to see, on my one trip to Havasu he was the second person I met and in no time it was like old friends. Ended up spending a fair amount of time at his shop over a few days....The world needs Roy's.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
They are supposed to help you to the best of their abilities. This may be an airlift deal, so I don't know if they could get in trouble. I thought about this as well, a prison break and run to a bigger provider.

he definitely needs air transport.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
he definitely needs air transport.
I don't know who the transport folk are, don't know if there is a "clearance" they must gain to land. Being forced to accept a patient may upset the office staff, but to the treating doctors he is a patient regardless. This is if Havasu will release him...there will be a fight.

I wish I could help. I don't know anyone in the medical field or the legal types:(

grumpy88

Reaction score
I cant help but i am truly saddened by this . I am hoping for a miracle for all that are involved .