WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Urgent…Someone with Phoenix or Vegas Hospital connections!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Might be a long shot and a long air ride but, OHSU in oregon I bet will take him and have top of the line care! But anything at this point is worth a shot!!

Hoping for the best for him!!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Might be a long shot and a long air ride but, OHSU in oregon I bet will take him and have top of the line care! But anything at this point is worth a shot!!

Hoping for the best for him!!
I’m passing everything on….

riverroyal

Reaction score
This entire thing is sad and odd.
Hosp is saying he is not going to make it and they are out of in~house options?
Are they saying they cant do more but other hospitals can?
Is it possible havasu is doing equal to what another would do? And how would you even know really.
Something is just odd. If another hosp has a bed available you would think they would take him. Its a business, especially the people that actually say send him. Are covid units full all over?

Such a unreal scenario. I lived it, the frustration is nothing anyone should go though.

Pretty amazing RDP family.. i dont know the man but Id drive the vehicle if that was a option. Im sure theres a long line in front of me

wet hull

Reaction score
Went through this with my father in law who passed from Covid in February. Its heartbreaking to be apart of this but with our experience maybe I can shed some light on why a move may be bad. I don't know full situation with how he is being treated so take as only my experience.

My father in law was on a vent, at least 6 different IV bags, blood thinners to help ease the oxygen transfer as well as prevent clots from being stationary for 3 weeks. He did have a Pulmonary Embolism or clot pass through the lung. It did pass but caused so much devastation so quickly his liver and kidneys went by next morning. From there we decided it was time to pull him off of life support as the doctors said he was essentially gone already and he never wanted to be a vegetable.

So with that said. If he has any of these same treatments in process the move could ultimately cause more harm with the bouncing, turbulence and stress to his body. Not sure if this helps shed light but maybe. My father in law was at one of the best hospitals this side of Mississippi but in the end it didn't matter as the Covid was just to much for him.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Such a sad turn of events. I met Roy once and like others said he is such a great person. I wish that there was something that I could do to help. Best to him and his family.

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
This is horrible, sad, and a very unfortunate situation to be in...I don't how to help other than to send prayers. My heart goes out to everyone involved. I keep opening the thread hoping for good news. Awful. Makes me sick to think this could be my family member or loved one in need. Tragic.

I hope this doesn't come out wrong but someone needs to go John Q in that hospital...

77charger

Reaction score
This sucks to read I was in the local hospital last month and they saved my life. Don’t get what’s so complicated I swear I’d say break out if there pop up in a town with good hospital you’ll be taken in which is sad you’d have to go to that extreme.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Can’t the family hire an ambulance to make the drive and go to the other hospital as emergency . It’s been over a week now. Sorry for my ignorance if I’m missing something. I just got out of icu for a month after hitting a deer on my motorcycle . Almost killed me . And I know hospitals suck but I don’t think they can turn you away.

Singleton

Reaction score
Can’t the family hire an ambulance to make the drive and go to the other hospital as emergency . It’s been over a week now. Sorry for my ignorance if I’m missing something. I just got out of icu for a month after hitting a deer on my motorcycle . Almost killed me . And I know hospitals suck but I don’t think they can turn you away.

accurate about turning you away when you show up. Once you are admitted and in ICU, your ability to leave is very difficult

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Wow I didn’t know that was the issue. Sounds terrible. I hope it all works out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
accurate about turning you away when you show up. Once you are admitted and in ICU, your ability to leave is very difficult
Talked with my brother about this yesterday to see if he had any secret speakeasy door knock to gain entry elsewhere. He indicated that another hospital accepting a patient on a vent is nearly impossible and even less possible in todays climate if the patient was not vaccinated. Sadly, in his very black/white PhD manner, tells me being on a ventilator without improvement indicators is generally not a good thing long term.😔
His hospital has seen a Cvd spike but also seen it drop off again since. ICU patients were in the 50 range early this year, now only about 5 in last few months........100% of those in icu, unvaccinated.
My hopes and prayers that something wonderful happens go out to Roy and his family.🙏

Riverryder

Reaction score
update on vegas valley. All the hospitals are full. The hospital im at today and yesterday we are inundated with patients. We have people that have been here for 2+ days waiting for beds upstairs.
with the first wave of patients last year we turned the waiting room to patientcare area with gurneys. They toke it down a couple months ago. But as of yesterday they are converting it back to that. We have hallways lined with gurneys. We also have had a record high of patients for the month of July.

like I said in my other post. I’m sorry to hear what’s going on. But it’s the harsh reality right now.They won’t transfer him just because family thinks it’s best(sounds harsh but that’s how they might see it).If the hospitals weren’t full like we usually are in the summer they would entertain it.
a transfer will only happen right now for higher level of care and even right now it’s hard to transfer thos.

And for people asking no you can’t just call and ambulance to take the patient. Doesn’t work that way. If he was able to get up and walk out he could sign out against medical advise and then have someone drive him to another town.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone on here for the calls, texts, prayers, posts, etc. We have had some amazing opportunities through this network, however it looks like they have exhausted their efforts on the transfer and that won’t be happening. Please keep Roy and his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Singleton

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone on here for the calls, texts, prayers, posts, etc. We have had some amazing opportunities through this network, however it looks like they have exhausted their efforts on the transfer and that won’t be happening. Please keep Roy and his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Thank you for driving the effort.
Thoughts with Roy’s Friends and a family during this time. :(

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Fuck me. Just not right. We're the US and some of the best health care you can get and this is the best we can do.... 😖😥

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
A few of you guys know I spent about 4 months out in LHC. Roy was mostly the reason I decided to make the trek. This is jist a couple of pics I could grab out of quite a few that I took. We went to breakfast almost every day down at Campbells. We’d sit there and eat breakfast and talk about everything under the sun for hours. Chris was there almost every day too.
I met Roy on my first trip to LHC back in January of ‘17, the first time I met RD. We went up to a house party at Noah ad jennete’s (sorry about misspelling her name),

But we shot the shit for a while and exchanged phone numbers, and just always kept in touch. The guy was just wealth of knowledge, always had time to answer a question, sent me the most inappropriate memes, and was just an all around cool fuckin dude.
BDCE3F6B-40BD-46D5-9AB0-A86F5356C938.jpeg
B35074AC-DD93-405C-9838-B6D827F8A459.jpeg
CAF64966-D154-4927-A90E-51E582DF7E7C.jpeg
584672F3-3D7A-4149-AEBB-653FA6919152.jpeg

Roy made sure that his granddaughter Charlie, will never want for anything, and that will be his legacy. I hope she’ll always have the best memories of her grandpa. I know I will.

my heart hurts tonight.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm just going to pray for the best outcome, for him and his kin. Miracles happen, no matter what the naysayers tell us. In this time in the world, I'm sure there's a waiting list somewhere, but worth getting on that list for those we care about.

Never give up hope, regardless of odds and logic...

Headless hula

Reaction score
I'm just going to pray for the best outcome, for him and his kin. Miracles happen, no matter what the naysayers tell us. In this time in the world, I'm sure there's a waiting list somewhere, but worth getting on that list for those we care about.

Never give up hope, regardless of odds and logic...
Thanks for the kind words Kevin.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear he passed. I never met Roy, but is obvious he had an impact on many people.

RIP Roy!!

Sent Using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I met Roy one time through Sean.
He seemed to be one of those people that just stand out without trying.
Invited me to his shop but I never made it over there.
Damn. RIP.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We try to hope for best, and prepare for the worst. Nothing prepares us for some things though. I never had the chance to meet him, only communicated through here. He was always willing to share knowledge, even with those of us that aren't the most savvy in aspects of boating or fabrication.

I hurt for his family. They have been through so much at this point already. In my belief though, he is in a better place. None of us want to be in a hospital, and placed on machines...

Good water and faster boats. If your family needs help, there are more than a few willing.

Rest In Peace

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
This is truly a sad day. That pic you(Headless Hula) posted of us talking at the ramp brought back memories of one of the best days on the water I can remember. Roy and I in the OL doing the high speed pass by you and the whole time he and I are cracking up laughing about how you were probably freaking out because we appeared to be coming right at you....him saying no..no....little closer and we might get him to jump out of his boat 🤣 .....and we almost had ya brother. I loved hanging with Roy and I am truly going to miss him. Thanks for the pic Sean....means a lot buddy!😥

Backlash

Reaction score
Man this is just terrible news. So sad to hear this. RIP Roy, you'll be missed. 😥

Headless hula

Reaction score
This is truly a sad day. That pic you(Headless Hula) posted of us talking at the ramp brought back memories of one of the best days on the water I can remember. Roy and I in the OL doing the high speed pass by you and the whole time he and I are cracking up laughing about how you were probably freaking out because we appeared to be coming right at you....him saying no..no....little closer and we might get him to jump out of his boat 🤣 .....and we almost had ya brother. I loved hanging with Roy and I am truly going to miss him. Thanks for the pic Sean....means a lot buddy!😥
One of my favorite boating days also. We’re lucky to have known him for sure.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
This is terrible. Last time I saw him was at Tavern 99 he was having lunch with some friends and his granddaughter at the table next to me. Shot the shit for a few. This was a month or two ago. Everything was good. Life is short.

RIP Roy

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
My condolences to his family and all of his friends and acquaintances. I assume he had an idea of how many people were trying to help him which hopefully gave him some peace

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
So sad. Sorry to all he has left behind. God bless.

Hammer

Reaction score
Thoughts and Prayers to his family. Talented guy that will be missed. Rest easy Roy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk