WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP crowd and Sturgis this year

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I will be out and staying the entire two weeks at GlenCoe along with Lunatic Fringe and a couple of other peeps. I don't usually stay for much longer than a weekend out there (been there many times) but I will be on the road anyhow, they charge you for two weeks regardless so I am going to use every day of that two weeks...lol

If anybody wants to do a ride or have a group BBQ deal let me know in here or via PM.

Who else is going to be in attendance?

Lunactic Fringe
DILLIGAF

westair

Reaction score
We're stayin at the Full Throttle .... just my wife and I. Never been and we're on no time schedule, we should last a few days! RDP meetup sounds good!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I will be out and staying the entire two weeks at GlenCoe along with Lunatic Fringe and a couple of other peeps. I don't usually stay for much longer than a weekend out there (been there many times) but I will be on the road anyhow, they charge you for two weeks regardless so I am going to use every day of that two weeks...lol

If anybody wants to do a ride or have a group BBQ deal let me know in here or via PM.

Who else is going to be in attendance?

Lunactic Fringe
DILLIGAF
We will be there 7th - 12th, leave havasu on the 3rd. Staying at the Hampton Inn.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We're stayin at the Full Throttle .... just my wife and I. Never been and we're on no time schedule, we should last a few days! RDP meetup sounds good!

We will be across the street from you guys.

westair

Reaction score
We will be across the street from you guys.
Unfortunately that would be the Full Throttle that burnt down ..... now located up on the 79, about 7-8 miles from Glencoe.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Unfortunately that would be the Full Throttle that burnt down ..... now located up on the 79, about 7-8 miles from Glencoe.

I thought they rebuilt FT at the same location? I think the last time I went was the year before it burned down.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I thought so too. We will be in Spearfish from July 18-Aug 8th, I believe. Might stretch it out a couple more days, depending on the Ultra 4 race at the Buffalo Chip. Not sure of the details of that yet.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Wife and myself are going to try and make it for a couple days of it. Not sure of the logistics yet. One of our sons will be there the whole time tattooing.

westair

Reaction score
I thought they rebuilt FT at the same location? I think the last time I went was the year before it burned down.
Had to look it up to make sure I'm going to the right place ....lol .. the owner of Full Throttle bought the old Broken Spoke campground with 600 acres and started rebuilding there.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I thought so too. We will be in Spearfish from July 18-Aug 8th, I believe. Might stretch it out a couple more days, depending on the Ultra 4 race at the Buffalo Chip. Not sure of the details of that yet.

Hope to see you and Jeff out there. You are there for Ultra 4 Race prior to the run? What is that?

calkid

Reaction score
We will be there again with a few Havasu friends. Made the Sturgis/Covid ride last year and still had a blast. I didn't notice much of a deference in the crowds from previous years but we usually ride the Black Hills and Beyond every day. Generally stop in Sturgis for a few hours one day and party one night there. We always stay in Spearfish. FYI, the tornados had gone through Spearfish Canyon just before last years event and there were probably 1k trees down, pretty wild to see.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We have zero plans other than the Kid Rock concert. As we get closer we might start locking in a few things but for now thats all we are firm on. Will be doing plenty of rides.

Nice to see peeps will be out there from RDP. We will get a ride scheduled, a ride or something.

Starters....who is going to see Kid Rock?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We have zero plans other than the Kid Rock concert. As we get closer we might start locking in a few things but for now thats all we are firm on. Will be doing plenty of rides.

Nice to see peeps will be out there from RDP. We will get a ride scheduled, a ride or something.

Starters....who is going to see Kid Rock?
4 VIP tickets, they sold out of those within hours, can’t wait

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Bucket list for me. Been there off season need to go one of these years during the event. Be sure to have all your PPE in order as you go into this super spreader event. :looking:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Bucket list for me. Been there off season need to go one of these years during the event. Be sure to have all your PPE in order as you go into this super spreader event. :looking:

I need to go there off season some day :)

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Hope to see you and Jeff out there. You are there for Ultra 4 Race prior to the run? What is that?

Ultra4 racing is what King of the Hammers evolved into. That little race that Jeff started back in 2007 ;) It's been nationwide since 2009 or 2010, I believe. I think 2009 were our first events back in PA and Missouri, oh, and Reno, LOL www.ultra4racing.com

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ultra4 racing is what King of the Hammers evolved into. That little race that Jeff started back in 2007 ;) It's been nationwide since 2009 or 2010, I believe. I think 2009 were our first events back in PA and Missouri, oh, and Reno, LOL www.ultra4racing.com

Got ya. I was always wondering what that was all about. Dots come together and it sometimes takes a few years. Lol

hopefully you guys made some money off of all that

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The FT is now just outside of town a few miles in a new location, place is all new, but I dont think the camping is at the same location where the bar is. We are leaving Havasu on Tuesday 8/3 and arrive in Sturgis on Saturday 8/7.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I’m going to be there 7th-13th. Staying at the Chip, right in front of pool, facing stage. Love to meet up w RDP peeps. DEFINITELY going to Kid concert

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I’m going to be there 7th-13th. Staying at the Chip, right in front of pool, facing stage. Love to meet up w RDP peeps. DEFINITELY going to Kid concert

You shouldn't have to go any where to see KR.....won't your spot be prime viewing? Sounds like a good spot for the meet up.....lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If anybody wants to try to get together for a ride or dinner deal PM me your phone number and we will try to work it out. I will be here for the entire two weeks staring Monday and will be at GlenCoe. A few other RDPs will be there as well.

A local today told me they are expecting up to 1m plus this year. Thats a lot of knuckleheads on the road. Between the deers and the RUBS this is gonna be like a battlefield of avoidance. Lol

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Last time i was there was 2008, pretty much the height of the "motorcyle mania"... I said if i ever went back i would come either the week before or after because of how insanely crowded it was.

Anyone been lately that was also there during the big crowds? I wonder if it has cleared out a bit since then.

I was also there in 2002 and 2004 those were crazy as well.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not going but if I was I would be catching Tesla at full throttle, great band.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Last time i was there was 2008, pretty much the height of the "motorcyle mania"... I said if i ever went back i would come either the week before or after because of how insanely crowded it was.

Anyone been lately that was also there during the big crowds? I wonder if it has cleared out a bit since then.

I was also there in 2002 and 2004 those were crazy as well.

been to may Sturgis rallies including the ones ending in 5 or 0. Those are when the crowds get big.

if over a million show as I was told that would probably be the biggest ever.

fuck me. Lol

Springfield

Reaction score
looks like we will be in for kid rock. probably leave on tuesday morning so we can get back to Mojave for the dam to dam run
Hey Danimal, are you in or out this year? Thought the new boat thing might put a damper on it?

Springfield

Reaction score
RD @RiverDave should or would this thread be moved to the new traveling hi-rollers professional Forum? 🤔

Springfield

Reaction score
lol

i dont know what that means? Currently Having beers at the Tractor Museum in SD. Lol
We have a new Forum for road trips. 2nd down from Lounge if correct. We are rolling your way Tuesday.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Headed out on Wednesday be there Thursday afternoon. Got a room in Spearfish, about 20 mins away. My ass is not conditioned for that long of a ride, bike is in a trailer.
My son is tattooing in the shop right on Main street. Pretty cool, they set up the tattoo shop just for the rally, then its back to being a bookstore.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Headed out on Wednesday be there Thursday afternoon. Got a room in Spearfish, about 20 mins away. My ass is not conditioned for that long of a ride, bike is in a trailer.
My son is tattooing in the shop right on Main street. Pretty cool, they set up the tattoo shop just for the rally, then its back to being a bookstore.

pm a number if you want to try to get a ride bbq or whatever together. Sturgis is going to be over the top crowded this year.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’m was hoping to get some ink done while there, can you send me his contact info so maybe I can schedule something?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I am over in OC now and will be leaving from here through Utah.
Gotcha, we did that route last year up to Montana to see some friends then due east over to Sturgis. We are going up through Colorado this year, Durango, Ouray, Estes Park, Million Dollar Highway, through Rocky Mountain National Park. The Utah route up to Powell, Moab etc., was just do damn hot last year, Colorado route is much cooler.

Springfield

Reaction score
Gotcha, we did that route last year up to Montana to see some friends then due east over to Sturgis. We are going up through Colorado this year, Durango, Ouray, Estes Park, Million Dollar Highway, through Rocky Mountain National Park. The Utah route up to Powell, Moab etc., was just do damn hot last year, Colorado route is much cooler.
Cya at the KR concert VIP. 😉