WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone ever live in a Yurt?

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I was just wondering, they have some pretty nice ones.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No...
But I did buy a nice round pen from a hippy couple in Seligman. The exterior looked nice, appeared to be 4x8 sheets of composite, with decent windows and door frame.

They were...odd...to say the least.

PlanB

Reaction score
Our neighbor's father lives in a Yurt on his property. Kind of a weird deal, but he is on 14 acres so you don't really notice it from the street.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
“Did you say yurt? What is a yurt?”
1627837715989.jpeg

Anyone else have to look up yurt?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I would in a heart beat. If you add in the implied other considerations. Such as creek, trees, isolated etc. Told the wife we were going to one day. She said I’m not living in a tent. I showed her Pacific Yurts, she said wow that’s cool I’d live there.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I used to watch that show. Are you this guy? He lived in a yurt when I used to watch the show.

Zeke-Tenhoff-bering-Sea-Gold.jpg
He still does. He was back on this past season with his brother and a friend. They is some whacky boys, I tell ya.🤪🤪😂

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
There’s a guy about a mile from Briannas parents cabin up north that lives in one...he’s around our age, weird guy to say the least but keeps to himself. I don’t see the point...guy is living on probably a half million dollar lot in a tent..

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
He still does. He was back on this past season with his brother and a friend. They is some whacky boys, I tell ya.🤪🤪😂

Wacky is right. His return is a bit more whacky than before.

rrrr

Reaction score
I used to watch that show. Are you this guy? He lived in a yurt when I used to watch the show.

Zeke-Tenhoff-bering-Sea-Gold.jpg

Yeah. I'm still trying to come to terms with Emily sleeping with everyone in Nome while we were together.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Wife and I camped in one for a week at Lake Cachuma (Santa Barbara County) was VERY comfortable but know it has no kitchen, no bathroom- its a "tent" on steroids'. It has electric hook ups and a small fridge, perfect for the two of us but could easily sleep a family of 5.
I would NOT want to live in one but for camping, it was great

530RL

Reaction score
I've tried to get the wife to do the 24 hours of Lemans or the British Grand Prix in some of the fancy Yurt's and glamping setups they have, but when I suggest it the wife just always looks at me and asks, "why do you want to pay a bunch of money to live like a homeless person in California"?

I just shrug having no reasonable response. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Event-Tent-1.jpg

kurtis500

Reaction score
Our friends run a Christian camp here in Utah and have Yurt's for the kids camping. Actually very nice. Ive been in them and they are bigger than I thought and more comfortable. Scroll down to the second one.. Concrete floors and etc.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Wife and I camped in one for a week at Lake Cachuma (Santa Barbara County) was VERY comfortable but know it has no kitchen, no bathroom- its a "tent" on steroids'. It has electric hook ups and a small fridge, perfect for the two of us but could easily sleep a family of 5.
I would NOT want to live in one but for camping, it was great

Neither does a house till you install all of that stuff once the walls are up.

We've looked pretty seriously at one for another place to sleep up at the lake. The high end ones are very cool. The large ones have enough room for sleeping lofts and other features.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
My (daughter) is looking to buy a acer or two a couple towns over in Pinion . I was thinking about putting a Yurt and a couple storage containers on it with a cover like this picture
20210706_122503.jpg