WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Off-road season getting closer

69hondo

Reaction score
Still hot as a motha fucker out but I cant help but think we are getting close to off road season. That might be because my boat has been being a bitch but oh well.

So anyone have anything new for the season? Any trips planned?

I will probably hit johnson valley end of September early October and then Dumont for the big Halloween event followed up by Veterans event in mother G.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I got a Brand new SPEED car!

ya right….. we all know they are a make believe ponzi scam!

lol

i just serviced my can am! Thinking I might need a shock therapy Rack for it and can’t wait to kick up some dust! & a few Night rides

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I got a Brand new SPEED car!

ya right….. we all know they are a make believe ponzi scam!

lol

i just serviced my can am! Thinking I might need a shock therapy Rack for it and can’t wait to kick up some dust! & a few Night rides

I'm ready. The old reliable RZR is ready :)

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
New Tensors in the garage.
Can Am will be out of the trailer in the garage later this week for preseason service.
First big trip already booked for the end of Sept. Beginning of October.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Still hot as a motha fucker out but I cant help but think we are getting close to off road season. That might be because my boat has been being a bitch but oh well.

So anyone have anything new for the season? Any trips planned?

I will probably hit johnson valley end of September early November and then Dumont for the big Halloween event followed up by Veterans event in mother G.
I am in the same boat as you, my boat is broke and my season is done. Looking forward to some cooler weather and desert trips but still not ready to be done boating.

Hoping to plan a few trips to Glamis this season and trying some new places.

69hondo

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you, my boat is broke and my season is done. Looking forward to some cooler weather and desert trips but still not ready to be done boating.

Hoping to plan a few trips to Glamis this season and trying some new places.

Yeah I am not wanting to be done boating yet either. All though I wouldn't mind it cooling down a little.

What happened to you boat?

Reactions: TPC

Meaney77

Reaction score
Yeah I am not wanting to be done boating yet either. All though I wouldn't mind it cooling down a little.

What happened to you boat?
I lost a lifter while we were out over the 4th and it damaged the cam. Low compression in 2 cylinders also. Time for a rebuild!

DWC

Reaction score
No big rides scheduled yet. Picked up new wheels/tires at the end of last season. Need to do the annual service and dial in a radio gremlin..
67B67A67-6E93-4286-9D0D-B8E33FF6FE61.jpeg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Meanwhile waiting for my El Jefe to show up, there's a new destination ride spot bar/restaurant being built out in the desert. I can't say much more than that, except it will also eventually have cabins and wagons to stay in overnight.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Meanwhile waiting for my El Jefe to show up, there's a new destination ride spot bar/restaurant being built out in the desert. I can't say much more than that, except it will also eventually have cabins and wagons to stay in overnight.

Such a tease!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DLC

Reaction score
No big rides scheduled yet. Picked up new wheels/tires at the end of last season. Need to do the annual service and dial in a radio gremlin.. View attachment 1033808

looks great ! Get that radio gremlin figured out! So we can rally!

the rims / tires look good! Glad that finally worked out for ya

69hondo

Reaction score
I forgot I have the daughters CR125 that needs a top end and the other daughters TRX250r needs a bottom end. I better get to work.

Singleton

Reaction score
That prep works starts in Sept. The list is long and hope I am done before mid October when the ToyHauler comes home from the Islander.
Daughters quad - needs a full service
Wife’s quad - leaking oil from drain plug (purchased used and after first oil change it has a leak - looks like old owner over tighten the drain plug and stripped the threads in the block :(
My Jeep - new coils, front sway-bar end-links need to be replaced, rear diff is leaking (rock won) and new front bump stops.

all I need is time in the garage. slightly worried about the wife quad and stripped drain plug repair (need to research options) and my Jeep’s diff (Hoping new diff cover and seal resolves that issue).

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I think I heard about that one..

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Can't wait to ride..
New RZR pro finally fixed..
New toon waiting on parts to get fixed.. all the new toys had issues from the get go..
Covid built..lmao.
Might bring sxs to havasu next week 7-15 and try and get in a night ride..
Don't think toon will be fixed in time to get on water..

DLC

Reaction score
What happened to the toon?

Mine had a slight power steering leak / seepage when I first got it in 2017, but it’s been flawless ever since!

QUOTE="J&k x-flight, post: 4200454, member: 22193"]
Can't wait to ride..
New toon waiting on parts to get fixed.. all the new toys had issues from the get go..
Covid built..lmao.
[/QUOTE]

DWC

Reaction score
Can't wait to ride..
Covid built..lmao.
More power to you on the night ride! Saw a few out last weekend and had to double take. Damn it’s hot out right now.
E592C66F-891C-42AA-8E85-7E2D14262692.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Let’s hear it.. Between you guys and @Ziggy you’re killing me with all the secrets.
Lol, I know nothing about a bar in the middle of the desert with cabins😁😁 nor do I know about an open mine you can wander around in waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere.🤣😄😊😁

J&k beer can

Reaction score
What happened to the toon?

Mine had a slight power steering leak / seepage when I first got it in 2017, but it’s been flawless ever since!

QUOTE="J&k x-flight, post: 4200454, member: 22193"]
Can't wait to ride..
Covid built..lmao.
[/QUOTE]

port motor shift actuator went out our first time taken it out.
got that fixed.
next time out.
starboard motor took a dump. rod or piston went out.
then stereo stopped making noise.. then after got back to house it just died and wont turn on.. hopefully easy fix..

DLC

Reaction score
oh that sucks! I hope they get it squared away and back up running ASAP!

yes Covid Crap!

DWC

Reaction score
now why did you have to post that up...:eek::eek:
well maybe just be pool time and elks lodge for drinks..🍻🥂🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃
Sorry, i was mulling around the yard and would hear a SXS buzzing around, even later in the evening, and think “no damn chance”!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Can't wait to ride..
Covid built..lmao.

Pray for rain LOL.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
HCR kit on way in "two weeks". Missed yesterdays delivery of new wheels, lights should be coming next week.

gonna need some new whips.

Saw some dates for '21 Super Sand Show in CM for September 17-19 (?). Who else is watching for this?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Can’t wait to go riding this season. Last years season was cancelled when our Truck & Toyhauler were stolen right before Halloween. 🤬

Finally picked up our replacement trailer last month and just put a deposit on a Turbo S 4 Seater to replace our XP1K

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
HCR kit on way in "two weeks". Missed yesterdays delivery of new wheels, lights should be coming next week.

Saw some dates for '21 Super Sand Show in CM for September 17-19 (?). Who else is watching for this?

I’ll be there. What did you end up with? Pro XP?

There is stuff I could use, but nothing I “need”.

I have the GPS, intercom, radio, lights and mirrors ready to go on the new car whenever I get it 😂.

If there are deals on new Lowrance GPS units I may get the new Elite FS 7 and sell the Elite 7 TI 2 I have now.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
New battery installed yesterday. Grabbed a new belt at coyne today since i had to piss on the way home.
Im ready!

69hondo

Reaction score
Started on some of the kids bikes this past weekend. Daughter's 125 needs a top end. Other Daughter's trx250r needs a bottom end🤦‍♂️
IMG_20210808_152227_459.jpg
IMG_20210808_152016_352.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’ll be camping in Spangler this 25th for a week.
Trona Rd 5.1 miles East of the 395.
Plenty of easy camping room.

Pinnacles run, The Joint, and the SxS race and Husky monument.
9924C394-E81E-42D0-B384-C2D29B14AE7B.jpeg

69hondo

Reaction score

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

So how bout some pics you big tease!!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I really need to find a new motorhome since I sold mine 2 months ago lol

Sandcar: Need to have new tailpipes made after the turbos so it doesn't spit black condensation / soot mix all over the rear engine cage, fix a small coolant leak on the water pump intake fitting, change fluids, fix / recalibrate shift indicator and should be ready to go. Technically just needs fluids changed to be ready to go, but I'd like to get the other little issues taken care of.

LT80: needs to be rebuilt, I need to pull the motor and ship it to a guy back east that rebuilds these things into little rockets.

TRX250, trailer etc is all good to go. If I don't find a new motorhome, I might need to rent for a few trips or so.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Just an oil change for the X3 Max and install a half dozen accessories Ali ordered from Canned Ham.

Reactions: DWC

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
So how bout some pics you big tease!!

You want pics of all the parts that are piling up on my garage floor, cuz that's all I got so far.

The new norm of everything on backorder and placing orders for things to come in 6-12 weeks is worse that waiting for gel coat to dry in a mold.

intense

Reaction score

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Dunerking

Reaction score
Have to get our Wildcat XX back together after servicing the transaxle…not sure when I’ll have the time as I’m working 6 day weeks. My sons 150R I need to pull the forks off and service. My daughters 150F just needs a simple service. Looking forward to getting out with the family!
2ED69C5E-65B0-4BF8-8787-3939D4B268B7.jpeg
CAC0A4DC-C39F-4FA1-A8C2-15464A7386FB.jpeg