WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outboard battery setup

Duramax

Reaction score
When I first got my Daytona I had a crazy battery setup. Four, Bosch AGM's (one for each motor and 2 for the stereo!) They were like 60lbs each and I wanted them gone. I ended up going to the Odyssey PC925's (one for each motor and just one for the stereo). The PC925's had cold cranking of 330, even though they said the first few seconds were 900? I love Odyssey, as I have them in everything, but these little batteries just didn't have enough juice to spin my 2.5's over fast enough. I heard that you need at least 700cca for the 2.5s? Anyway, my 21 has enough weight on the back with the twin offshores, so I started looking and ended up going with these, Antigravity. I have group 24, which is like 12lbs and has 1500cca. They also have what they call, "restart", which is if your battery ever goes dead, you push a button and it jumpstarts for you.
They have a great website that answers a bunch of questions about lithium too. These are not your RC batteries that will start on fire. I got some cool battery connects too.
batteries.jpg

Duramax

Reaction score
Like anything else I think is cool or I use, I become a dealer for them. If you are interested message me. For my boys here I will do cost, just pay for shipping.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
What's the cost on these?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stingray11

Reaction score
I think$750 Ionic seems the way to go with there system that will swap batteries as you run for charging from motor plus Bluetooth app for checking battery state of charge.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

ChrisV

Reaction score
Badass batteries. We use them on the race cars.

Duramax

Reaction score
I think$750 Ionic seems the way to go with there system that will swap batteries as you run for charging from motor plus Bluetooth app for checking battery state of charge.

Ionic? I haven't heard of the system. I will check them out for sure. You can get the app that let's you monitor these too.

Duramax

Reaction score

Just looked at Ionic. It is for a sure a cool system, but they look really limited on sizes? If you are a bass fisherman that wants to run everything off of the deep cycles like that, looks to me they are it. I wanted multiple sizes, and super light weight. The small Ionic is the same weight as my Odyssey, and the bigger one is over 30lbs. Looks to me they have only two sizes? Still really cool and could be a sweet setup or sure.

stoker2001

Reaction score
). The PC925's had cold cranking of 330, even though they said the first few seconds were 900? I love Odyssey, as I have them in everything, but these little batteries just didn't have enough juice to spin my 2.5's over fast enough. I heard that you need at least 700cca for the 2.5s? cool battery connects too. View attachment 1036262
the antigravity are bad ass and they will put a hurting on your wallet..the Odyssey 925s are MORE then plenty as far as cranking amps go to crank a pump gas 2.5..You got bad info,just saying.I run a baby PC625 Odyssey on my Drag 2.5 with tight heads (185PSI)cranking compression.And I have the original drag wimpy 16A stator/charging system.Granted I have to religiously charge at end of day and I don't have stereo,but I have Knarly Weldon 2015 fuel pump that pulls way more amps then bosch pump.

Duramax

Reaction score
the antigravity are bad ass and they will put a hurting on your wallet..the Odyssey 925s are MORE then plenty as far as cranking amps go to crank a pump gas 2.5..You got bad info,just saying.I run a baby PC625 Odyssey on my Drag 2.5 with tight heads (185PSI)cranking compression.And I have the original drag wimpy 16A stator/charging system.Granted I have to religiously charge at end of day and I don't have stereo,but I have Knarly Weldon 2015 fuel pump that pulls way more amps then bosch pump.
I have the bad boy Weldons too, just got some new A2005's to replace my OG Weldons. My 260's are 135-137psi, I have a stereo, but I also have a Simon alt kit. A couple things to add to my story. I find out that my alternators were basically dead but I did not know because I did not have battery gauges (do now). The first start of the morning would always take 4-5 shots, which you could already feel the 925's going low. I'm sure if my alternators worked during the day it might be a different story, but I hated that the motors were so lame in the morning. After a bunch of research, I saw this was common with Brucatos....the hard starts in the morning. Many people told me I needed more cold cranking, along with a smaller vacuum nipple on the horn (.60 to a .20) to change what my digital Brucato sees instead of my analog Merc computer saw. Joe also hooked up my fuel enrichment buttons as with the old analog computer you could buzz the injectors in the morning like a choke. All of which seemed to work a charm, but the biggest was the speed of the starter (not my words, Joe). My Antigravity are half the weight of my PC925's, and almost 5 times the cold cranking.

They are pricy but that's why I became a dealer...

stingray11

Reaction score
Just looked at Ionic. It is for a sure a cool system, but they look really limited on sizes? If you are a bass fisherman that wants to run everything off of the deep cycles like that, looks to me they are it. I wanted multiple sizes, and super light weight. The small Ionic is the same weight as my Odyssey, and the bigger one is over 30lbs. Looks to me they have only two sizes? Still really cool and could be a sweet setup or sure.
They have many batteries a 50ah deepcycle, a 100ah deep cycle, a 300 ah deepcycle,a 125ah that is the cranking battery. And they have several smaller deep cycle as well.plus they have several 24 volt and 36volt batteries. I think the most amazing thing is there charger that turns into a management system to actually charge different batteries on board as you drive your boat around really cool check the videos out. I Agree they are tailored to the bass boat fishing community since there are probably more bass boats than any other kind of boat on the water.

Duramax

Reaction score
Went out for the first time this last Sunday, and all I can say is wow! This batteries are absolutely amazing. Everything is faster, engines start easier, and I have plenty of power left over. The price at first might catch you off guard, but in my mind they are worth it.

stingray11

Reaction score
What batteries did you go with?