WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… thought I had this in my collection but I didn’t …so I bought it used in very good condition online and will go out and play it around dinner time…
… I hope I don’t start having acid flashbacks while I’m eating dinner and listening… As the first time I heard it…a bunch of us got together up in the Hollywood hills and let’s just say there were some chemicals involved …and for decades I wondered who the guy was sitting off to my left …I found out a couple years ago he was one of the key players in the musical Hair… I forget his name but he had a reputation for walking around his Hollywood Hills neighborhood naked… I am really glad he had his clothes on that night😳
3E3EA398-2585-4C97-8E99-9D59AA6D2200.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
… thought I had this in my collection but I didn’t …so I bought it used in very good condition online and will go out and play it around dinner time…
… I hope I don’t start having acid flashbacks while I’m eating dinner and listening… As the first time I heard it…a bunch of us got together up in the Hollywood hills and let’s just say there were some chemicals involved …and for decades I wondered who the guy was sitting off to my left …I found out a couple years ago he was one of the key players in the musical Hair… I forget his name but he had a reputation for walking around his Hollywood Hills neighborhood naked… I am really glad he had his clothes on that night😳
View attachment 1029381

I was watching a video of an audiophile writer showing off his $20K TONEARM, and he chose Tommy!

I wonder how much the rest of the table cost, lol.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I was watching a video of an audiophile writer showing off his $20K TONEARM, and he chose Tommy!

I wonder how much the rest of the table cost, lol.
… yikes…As I sit here and look at my pretty much hand me down components .., it has occurred to me ..,I don’t even know where I got most of them???…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Little feet… Craig Fuller and Linda Ronstadt doing the vocals…

Reactions: C-2

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… not sure when this was done but I would say from the looks of it… this was nearing the end of Arthur Lees days… he died from cancer😳

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
Now I feel like Willie! Spinnin' vinyl again and it sounds great.

My 80's stack system is almost done, I need to build the RCA interconnect cables and get another power conditioner.

I found a great deal on an unopened/new in the box Pioneer PLX-1000 direct drive DJ turntable from a kid in Fontana for $350. I didn't ask where he got it, the turntable retails for $700+. I felt kind of bad, he listed the item as "turn table" and few people saw it, the turntable sells used all day long for $500. It's not a Technics 1200 like I had before, but it's still at the low-end of audiophile quality.

I just finished dialing in a 40-year old Stanton cartridge, and I found an equally old NOS stylus for it. The stylus is so old the plastic is a bit yellowed...but it sounds great.

My equipment is stacked in/on a butcher block. I'm spaced challenged and I was worried about stacking components directly on the amp, so I added a fan that draws hot air out of the amp. I also added a CD player that is newer. All other components are Onkyo "mid-Fi" equipment I bought 36-years ago.

Next I will sell the two Stanton DJ tables I bought - the tonearms are too short and they chew records. I will get another DJ turntable with a conventional "s" arm and start some mixing/beat matching. I am also on the hunt for another pair of the kick ass Event 20/20 monitors I recently picked up - but I haven't seen a pair for less than $350 (I paid $80, they retailed in year 2000 for $700/pair).

IMG-5704.jpg

IMG-5705.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
And playing my first 45...Mason Williams/Classical Gas. Awesome tune, one of those "I remember that song" jams from your childhood.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Now I feel like Willie! Spinnin' vinyl again and it sounds great.

My 80's stack system is almost done, I need to build the RCA interconnect cables and get another power conditioner.

I found a great deal on an unopened/new in the box Pioneer PLX-1000 direct drive DJ turntable from a kid in Fontana for $350. I didn't ask where he got it, the turntable retails for $700+. I felt kind of bad, he listed the item as "turn table" and few people saw it, the turntable sells used all day long for $500. It's not a Technics 1200 like I had before, but it's still at the low-end of audiophile quality.

I just finished dialing in a 40-year old Stanton cartridge, and I found an equally old NOS stylus for it. The stylus is so old the plastic is a bit yellowed...but it sounds great.

My equipment is stacked in/on a butcher block. I'm spaced challenged and I was worried about stacking components directly on the amp, so I added a fan that draws hot air out of the amp. I also added a CD player that is newer. All other components are Onkyo "mid-Fi" equipment I bought 36-years ago.

Next I will sell the two Stanton DJ tables I bought - the tonearms are too short and they chew records. I will get another DJ turntable with a conventional "s" arm and start some mixing/beat matching. I am also on the hunt for another pair of the kick ass Event 20/20 monitors I recently picked up - but I haven't seen a pair for less than $350 (I paid $80, they retailed in year 2000 for $700/pair).

View attachment 1039459
View attachment 1039460
👍

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
And playing my first 45...Mason Williams/Classical Gas. Awesome tune, one of those "I remember that song" jams from your childhood.

That was pretty cool. I first saw the title and I’m thinking “what kind of ancient shit is this”?
Then I listened to it and realized “oh, I’ve heard this before”. Like you said though from childhood days.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
That was pretty cool. I first saw the title and I’m thinking “what kind of ancient shit is this”?
Then I listened to it and realized “oh, I’ve heard this before”. Like you said though from childhood days.

I figured you would know it, or were you already out of college by then? :D 😂

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… i’m about 100 pages into the autobiography of Phil Lesh the bass player for the grateful dead so I thought I would put on some Dead…
…Saw them live several times…
567B1ED3-769C-497B-B84C-115E1F2A0BC8.jpeg

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Another one of my wife's anthems....lol....fucking angry Italian. 🤣🤣
20210822_212712.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Unless you're from So Cal....you may not know about dis......🤘👍
20210822_220737.jpg