WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 19’SS repower

Bajastu

Reaction score
My 87. Like someone else said- your interior is NICE. I didn't see- Are you going to put a stereo in the boat? just curious, if you do, where are you going to put it ? space is limited. On the base of the back seat is good but high water zone. Between the front seat and the rear, along the gas tank is good but very shallow. Two under the bow, along where the cup holders would be good but thats only two speakers. Again, VERY nice Hallett
Super clean boat !
On this boat I just use a small portable Bluetooth speaker box. I own a wakeboard boat that has all the speakers you could want. This little Hallett is my toy. I just like to rip around in it and burn gas and haul ass.

Water Romper

Reaction score
"Hauling Ass" is correct, these little suckers are FAST, Hallett (Barron) knew what he was doing when he designed this hull, No, these are not alcohol burning flat bottoms, but they sure give the other guys a run for their money, especially north of 50-60 even 70 MPH, With the jack plate and the set back, she runs hard. Your new "Evin" ought to make that baby dance.

Bajastu

Reaction score
"Hauling Ass" is correct, these little suckers are FAST, Hallett (Barron) knew what he was doing when he designed this hull, No, these are not alcohol burning flat bottoms, but they sure give the other guys a run for their money, especially north of 50-60 even 70 MPH, With the jack plate and the set back, she runs hard. Your new "Evin" ought to make that baby dance.

With the Gill standoff and a 26 pitch, I was in the low 70’s. (72-73). With the jack plate I’m hoping to gain a few mph and move the engine a bit closer to the transom. The boat likes to chine a bit with the weight too far back. With the design of the Evinrude integrated helic steering, it really pushes the engine farther back than a Merc.

Water Romper

Reaction score
With the Gill standoff and a 26 pitch, I was in the low 70’s. (72-73). With the jack plate I’m hoping to gain a few mph and move the engine a bit closer to the transom. The boat likes to chine a bit with the weight too far back. With the design of the Evinrude integrated helic steering, it really pushes the engine farther back than a Merc.
Funny how an inch here or there makes a difference, I dont experience Chinning, or porpsing (sp?) For what ever reason, this boat lays down flat, holds strong and when trimmed and lifted, it hits a tad north of 80...but trust me, I am no boat guru and how accurate these numbers are, I am not sure I was told to slow down by Idaho Sheriffs when they "claim" they had me at 83...mmmmm, I dont think so but it made me feel good- haha regardless, these boats are FUN and believe it or not, are attracting a bit of attention. Would love to make the trek to Hallett's in Havasu

Bajastu

Reaction score
Funny how an inch here or there makes a difference, I dont experience Chinning, or porpsing (sp?) For what ever reason, this boat lays down flat, holds strong and when trimmed and lifted, it hits a tad north of 80...but trust me, I am no boat guru and how accurate these numbers are, I am not sure I was told to slow down by Idaho Sheriffs when they "claim" they had me at 83...mmmmm, I dont think so but it made me feel good- haha regardless, these boats are FUN and believe it or not, are attracting a bit of attention. Would love to make the trek to Hallett's in Havasu
80+ would be a wild ride.
I have a buddy with a 19SS V-drive and he hits 105-108 mph in it and it’s a handful.

I’m hopping to have it all wrapped up in time for Hallett’s in Havasu.It should be a good time.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Gotta love old school gel-colors and the wild interior 33 years old and still going strong. Mr Barron, bless your soul and rest in forever peace!

Hallett Bow.jpg
Hallett inside.jpg

Bajastu

Reaction score
Update. The boat is at Barron getting new SS rub rail and the whole transom beefed up. Thicker transom supports and a full aluminum support bracket should be plenty strong enough to support the heavy outboard. All of the holes are getting filled on the transom left by the Gill standoff bracket and a Bob’s Machine Shop jack plate is getting installed.
CB54C78C-FACE-4F32-98D1-02F0564F61FA.jpeg
0370DDE6-E1F3-49D1-B8EA-9DCF9B5B2285.jpeg
AF25E484-7203-48B6-AB22-A40A68A8A751.jpeg

Bajastu

Reaction score
5D4F5DCD-59F0-4361-BFAF-4F1BF9D4D137.jpeg
A10749CF-F7D8-4BB5-901C-C486FC3C9361.jpeg
58112C8C-8410-41F3-AA3D-8452ED4F719A.jpeg
Talk about a beefy transom. This should hold up. Re gel coated the swim steps too.

Reactions: DWC

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Slight change of subject, but I didn’t think it needed a whole new thread...

@Bajastu @Water Romper do y’all know if this hull’s been splashed? I’m guessing no, as Hallett, as far as I know, didn’t lend out their molds?

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I’m not sure what splashed means?
Meaning copied. So Hallett lends the mold out to another boat maker who uses it and puts their name on it. I guess an example off the top of my head would be the Spectra/Howard/DiMarco river cruiser I think are the same hull... the 22 Vaughn is a Schiada 24, etc...

If I’m wrong, I don’t mind others correcting me, as I’m always looking to learn.

lenmann

Reaction score
I am pretty sure "splashed" means a builder borrows or buys a hull or boat made by some one else, de-rigs it, flips it over and builds a mold over the hull. Essentially "splashing" glass and resin on a hull to create a mold that will reproduce the same hull. Some that did this sort of thing would make some minor mods to the deck (top half) to make their mis-appropriation of someone else's intellectual property different, unique, or their own design. Others did not.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I am pretty sure "splashed" means a builder borrows or buys a hull or boat made by some one else, de-rigs it, flips it over and builds a mold over the hull. Essentially "splashing" glass and resin on a hull to create a mold that will reproduce the same hull. Some that did this sort of thing would make some minor mods to the deck (top half) to make their mis-appropriation of someone else's intellectual property different, unique, or their own design. Others did not.

This is also how I understand it.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
So I guess often times it was a little more suspect than I assumed. I kinda thought boat builders were buddies and passed the molds on to other guys.

You learn something new every day...

Thx 😁

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
So I guess often times it was a little more suspect than I assumed. I kinda thought boat builders were buddies and passed the molds on to other guys.

You learn something new every day...

Thx 😁

Quite a few owners, sponsors, etc around here get VERY "testy" if you even mention a certain hull looks similar to another proven hull........

Bajastu

Reaction score
Where did you get that crane? It's freaking perfect for what I need to do. All I need to know is the correct name of it so I can find one. Please don't tell me it's custom built!
It’s just a simple gantry crane with a 1 ton chain hoist. Mine is a 1 ton Woodstock Crane. It adjusts from 8’ to 16’ tall. Check Craigslist or Offer Up. They come up for sale all the time.
07F4A6FC-6126-46EB-A76A-101662078736.jpeg