WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well, it's my turn......

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
For sure on the 02 levels. For me that was key. I think I was in the 70s when I went to the hospital. Shortly afterwards they got that stabilized and let me out.

I still remember the face of the old woman that was waiting for assistance in the waiting room. She had that blank look of terror as she sat there all alone and not knowing when they were going to get to her. It was a disturbing vision for me as my Mom had died earlier in the year (not of covid) and nobody was allowed in to sit with her as she was dying. They would not allow anybody in there except us waiting to get checked in. I had a few words with her but not much as my energy level was down the tubes. We waited on our fate. I wonder if she ever recovered......

Thats a scary scene the way you described it, but a sad reality for how it goes down for ER visits, surgeries, chemo treatments, etc during Covid. Nobody to support you,

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Thats a scary scene the way you described it, but a sad reality for how it goes down for ER visits, surgeries, chemo treatments, etc during Covid. Nobody to support you,

I just got back to Missouri from PA supporting my Dad during an aortic valve replacement. He was allowed to have 1 support person at a time & only 2 people on his list, thankfully. I can't begin to imagine not being allowed to be there for him. I'd probably be in jail.

badgas

Reaction score
I got the Covid beginning of 2020 then I started to get it again about 2 weeks ago.

HB I'm curious Did you test for it two weeks ago or just made an educated guess based on symptoms or exposure ?

My Son and some coworkers were sick with bad colds that included cough and fever but were all negative for Covid.

Glad you are feeling well

Get well soon 4Waters 🙏

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We got ours from Xpress Urgent Care in Huntington Beach, it's called Regen Monoclonal Antibody Therapy. They administer it thru an IV, takes about 40 to 50 minutes. My wife was pretty sick and she felt about 80 percent better the next day.
Our realtor in TX, who is in her early 80s, got COVID last week and got the antibodies as well. Same story, she said she was at 75-80% the next day. Definitely check it out.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Mr and Mrs Lunatic Fringe were there but were asked to stay outside. That old woman though.....:(
If you show up at my wife's hospital in labor your spouse has to be vaccinated or have a negative test within the last 72 hours. Thats all fine and good if the delivery goes as planned. They have couples coming in now, mom went into labor a few weeks early, dad didnt get his vax yet or timed the 72 hours thing wrong. Sorry dad wait in the car.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If you show up at my wife's hospital in labor your spouse has to be vaccinated or have a negative test within the last 72 hours. Thats all fine and good if the delivery goes as planned. They have couples coming in now, mom went into labor a few weeks early, dad didnt get his vax yet or timed the 72 hours thing wrong. Sorry dad wait in the car.
Could you imagine if the worst happens during the delivery and the baby doesnt make it? Or the mom doesnt make it? For either of the parents to be forced to be alone during that time is damn near criminal.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Hospital is same here negative test or 2 weeks after second shot. My Dad asked me Saturday why nobody was visiting him in Hospital. Said they wouldn't let us in. Except 1 sister but She is sick with covid. He called yesterday saying he might be released today but needs someone vaxxed to pick him up or negative test. My Girlfriend might have to or 1 of my Guys or there wife's. Bullshit.

As far as people testing positive I know 10 times more this go round than last. It doesn't matter if there vaxxed or not. Friend I got my boat from called his buddy passed and he was vaxxed. His 2 brothers not that sick no vax.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Ok new symptom, I can still taste but things taste different right now. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets, I don't want to lose my taste.

This was our experience as well. Things just did not taste as we would expect them to, everything was kind of bland, even water. Went away in about a week.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
4Waters... Sending your positive vibes and a quick recovery. Stay active, keep the lungs working and stay hydrated.

4Waters

Reaction score
This was our experience as well. Things just did not taste as we would expect them to, everything was kind of bland, even water. Went away in about a week.
So I've narrowed it down, I can taste things but I don't taste the sugar (sweetness) of it.

4Waters... Sending your positive vibes and a quick recovery. Stay active, keep the lungs working and stay hydrated.
Just got off the elliptical 20 min ago, I don't have the energy to go full tilt but I did about a 1/2 mile, I felt good respiratory wise. I'll get back on this afternoon/evening

copterzach

Reaction score
So I've narrowed it down, I can taste things but I don't taste the sugar (sweetness) of it.

Just got off the elliptical 20 min ago, I don't have the energy to go full tilt but I did about a 1/2 mile, I felt good respiratory wise. I'll get back on this afternoon/evening

Good deal. Stay active. If you can get some sunshine. Short walk and soak up as much as you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score

My daughter is due any day now. I called Hogue and asked WTF was I supposed to do as I have no clue when she will arrive. They said dont worry, just take a rapid test onsite when I arrive. So that was a bit of good news. The problem now is telling EVERYONE to stay the fuck away from me as i will NOT Miss my daughters birth because they decided to go clubbing in Vegas. Label me as a Sheep, but STAY THE FUCK away right now. LOL

4Waters

Reaction score
My daughter is due any day now. I called Hogue and asked WTF was I supposed to do as I have no clue when she will arrive. They said dont worry, just take a rapid test onsite when I arrive. So that was a bit of good news. The problem now is telling EVERYONE to stay the fuck away from me as i will NOT Miss my daughters birth because they decided to go clubbing in Vegas. Label me as a Sheep, but STAY THE FUCK away right now. LOL
I can come over and have a beer with you if you like 🤣🤣

gqchris

Reaction score
I can come over and have a beer with you if you like 🤣🤣
Have you seen the movie John Q? Imagine me as John x10!

I actually have a contractor working at my house right now, and I am so fucking paranoid. (We have no choice and have to get this done before Baby arrives!) The guy is Vaccinated x2 with Pfizer which makes me ever more worried. I try to stay away but fuck me, I keep testing myself with the Binax at home kits. Only good thing is he is a smoker, and as RD mentioned, they are immune :D

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
HB I'm curious Did you test for it two weeks ago or just made an educated guess based on symptoms or exposure ?

My Son and some coworkers were sick with bad colds that included cough and fever but were all negative for Covid.

Glad you are feeling well

Get well soon 4Waters 🙏
Tested Positive. Yes I know all about that Bad Cold going around masquerading as Covid-19. My Son In-Law that works at a hospital had it a few weeks back. He was sick as a dog and he was sure he had Covid. Went and got tested and a Big Nope you just have a cold, lmao.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't think anybody in their right mind would fault you for that. We got lucky, when we had our last baby in October, they had just re-opened the hospital to 1 person with the patient so I was able to be in there with the wife, and when we were in the room we didn't have to wear our dumb masks, and most of the hospital staff would take them off when they came in as well. It was a bit of a refreshing sight.

badgas

Reaction score

I had a weird thing with sweet stuff. I would try orange jello and could not make out the flavor of it and it was barely sweet. Then 5 minutes later I would eat a real Strawberry and flavor was 10X the normal flavor. Same with soups, we had Pho and also chicken tortilla soup from some local spots we like and flavor was so rich and so strong I could barely eat it. At the same time my smell was 95% gone.

I would taste a grapefruit Lacroix sparkling water ( artifical flavor ) and it tased like salty metal. Then I would try a grapefruit spindrift sparkling water ( real juice ) and it was really good and tasted normal.

Smell is 90% back taste seems to be back but some things to me have more flavor. Fruit , Wine, Salsa etc. like real stuff is really good.

Take it easy, keep eating and hydrating.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I had a weird thing with sweet stuff. I would try orange jello and could not make out the flavor of it and it was barely sweet. Then 5 minutes later I would eat a real Strawberry and flavor was 10X the normal flavor. Same with soups, we had Pho and also chicken tortilla soup from some local spots we like and flavor was so rich and so strong I could barely eat it. At the same time my smell was 95% gone.

I would taste a grapefruit Lacroix sparkling water ( artifical flavor ) and it tased like salty metal. Then I would try a grapefruit spindrift sparkling water ( real juice ) and it was really good and tasted normal.

Spell is 90% back taste seems to be back but some things to me have more flavor. Fruit , Wine, Salsa etc. like real stuff is really good.

Take it easy, keep eating and hydrating.
I just had a real sugar Pepsi and I could taste the syrup but it wasn't very sweet, I'll have to try something with artificial sweetner🤔

gqchris

Reaction score
I don't think anybody in their right mind would fault you for that. We got lucky, when we had our last baby in October, they had just re-opened the hospital to 1 person with the patient so I was able to be in there with the wife, and when we were in the room we didn't have to wear our dumb masks, and most of the hospital staff would take them off when they came in as well. It was a bit of a refreshing sight.

My buddy pulls up yesterday and starts walking to my door, his wife is a Sheriffs Deupty, and her partner tested positive last week! Im like, Dude get the fuck out of here, he goes, its OK im Vaccinated, Im like "You are the PROBLEM!!!!, Vaccinated is spreading this shit like wildfire. He got all pissy and left.

The Vaccinated think that they are protecting everyone because that the message the government has imprinted them with, when in fact, they are fucking killing us left and right. Sorry, Rant Over.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It started kicking my ass the last couple days. A buddy of mine reached out to me and referee me to his wife’s practice.
Got some IV meds. Will start ivermectin today with another round of IV Thursday.
B55E9DB7-A41D-46FE-B82F-651479BAEE89.jpeg
99D3A288-B75D-47D1-8996-66ED26679854.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score
It started kicking my ass the last couple days. A buddy of mine reached out to me and referee me to his wife’s practice.
Got some IV meds. Will start ivermectin today with another round of IV Thursday.
View attachment 1041557 View attachment 1041558
Let us know how it goes brother. Get Well! And also Is the Wife willing to prescribe Ivermectin? That's been a challenge for all of us here.

Last edited:

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
My Garmin reads my Pulse ox, it helped a lot when I had it to know I wasn't dipping in the no zone. I'm just now starting to feel better, tested positive on the 4th, I had 1 of the 2 Moderna shots, so I was considered unvaccinated. I can't help but wonder if I'd had both shots if my fatigue would not have been this bad. Hope you get better soon!

HB2LHC

Reaction score
Get well soon! I just got over it. Took 12 days to test negative. Seems like your on track to kick its ass.

4Waters

Reaction score
My Garmin reads my Pulse ox, it helped a lot when I had it to know I wasn't dipping in the no zone. I'm just now starting to feel better, tested positive on the 4th, I had 1 of the 2 Moderna shots, so I was considered unvaccinated. I can't help but wonder if I'd had both shots if my fatigue would not have been this bad. Hope you get better soon!
My fatigue is just as bad as last time

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes brother. Get Well! And also Is the Wife willing to prescribe Ivermectin? That's been a challenge for all of us here.

I was in rough shape this morning. Extremely nauseous, was exhausted after taking a shower. Now I’m feeling MUCH better. Had I known, I would’ve done the IV thing much sooner.

Hammer

Reaction score
Yes. The challenge now is finding a pharmacy to fill it. CVS has stopped filling all RX for ivermectin.

I just tried to get my Dr. to prescribe me ivermectin and it was denied. The pharmacy doesn't know how to dose it safely.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I just tried to get my Dr. to prescribe me ivermectin and it was denied. The pharmacy doesn't know how to dose it safely.

Lol that's ridiculous, it's been around for decades and won a nobel prize in 2015... They are playing dumb on purpose.

Good news is you can get it at Cal-Ranch or Tractor supply Co as heart dewormer for horses, it's the exact same stuff. You just dose on the sliding scale for weight.

Many members here have used it.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about anyone, particularly an inmate, having contacted COVID. 4Waters is fighting the real battle. But, it seems to be a different battle for each. Hearing about that poor lady alone in the ER waiting room hits really hard. How many can we multiply that by? Thousands, who knows?

They have been very quick in stating the percentage of non vaccinated in the hospital/ICU. But how about which brand of vaccine for all of those breakthrough cases. If they know an individual has been vaccinated, they also know with what they were vaccinated. But, you just don't see that very worthwhile information.

Yes, most everyone is different. But, particularly for those 60 and older, it certainly isn't anything to mess around with.

Joker

Reaction score

Push Health got it through to CVS. They also stated if CVS won't do it, to use Honeybee but that was close to 250.00 compared to two prescriptions at cvs for $62.00 a pop.

gqchris

Reaction score
Push Health got it through to CVS. They also stated if CVS won't do it, to use Honeybee but that was close to 250.00 compared to two prescriptions at cvs for $62.00 a pop.
Honeybee declined me on PushHealth.

Mexico is honestly the only viable option at this point unless someone has an "in" with a local pharm.