WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UPS Rant ,,, Unfking belivable

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I ship world wide ... A Ups claim for a freight damaged jet sent to Idaho , I made the customer "whole" and rebuilt the drive with a replacement suction housing in less than a week at our expense , asking only basic questions and 0 out of pocket to my customer ................ over a month later after a dozen calls, photos and documents from a half dozen UPS and Crawford adjusters , These morons want to "snail mail" another group of docs ... all this for a 1k claim

* This email is being sent to inform you that based on an independent review of UPS’ inspection report, as well as the photos and information provided, it was determined that the approximate cause of the damage was abnormal handling. Because the damage was due to issues beyond packaging issues, we will be sending you claim forms. These documents should arrive at the shippers address , in approximately 7 – 10 business days, and will include instructions on how to proceed.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
there hope is you just say screw it dont do anything. its shitty but the way they operate. we have been using LTL shipments for anything over 80 pounds and have had pretty good luck with it. hope you get made whole on the deal.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I'm going thru the same thing with them but over $50 bucks lost. Not worth my time to pursue it.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
there hope is you just say screw it dont do anything. its shitty but the way they operate. we have been using LTL shipments for anything over 80 pounds and have had pretty good luck with it. hope you get made whole on the deal.
I get a pallet rate thru OD for Cali , but we ship world wide so I'm stuck with GSL , UPS,Fed ex and USPS

CSmith

Reaction score
Unfortunately isn't that how any successful business, insurance, refunds, etc are now today? That's why they are in business. Make it extremely hard and not worth people's time to file and get there money back. Most companies arent making money cause they do good business, they just find ways to cut corners 🙄

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'm really surprised they didn't blame it on Covid like EVERY other thing in this world we live in today.

intense

Reaction score
Tom another UPS rant but no answer? Like I said we should drop your ass.
Nothing is ever your own fault