WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

Meaney77

Reaction score
Bumping this thread....

I never really paid attention to everyone's feedback because I never planned on getting the jab. As of Friday the company I work for mandated vaccine requirement for all staff by November 1st. Now I need to figure all of this out.

The irony to all of this is I work for a large company that manufactures medicine. We all know and understand the amount of time and money it takes to get a new product to market which also includes years of clinical trail data which these 3 new vaccines are lacking yet they are requiring all staff get the vaccine.

As of today Pfizer received full FDA Approval which is good I guess.... however still not sure which to choose. Each of the 3 choices seem to have differences with side effects, efficacy, etc.

Getting vaccinated against my will.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I don't plan on getting the vaccine, but if I have to I believe will choose the J & J. I realize the blood clot issue with it, but I don't have confidence in the mRNA with Phizer and Moderna.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Good bump on this informative thread..... this vaccine subject is still a moving target .....

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I don't plan on getting the vaccine, but if I have to I believe will choose the J & J. I realize the blood clot issue with it, but I don't have confidence in the mRNA with Phizer and Moderna.

Agreed 100%. If I had to make the choice to remain employeed I would go J & J.

Havazoo

Reaction score
I walked into a restaurant to have dinner tonight….

Hello.

Hi, table for two, please.

Sure, and your name.

Bob.

Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?

We do....Can you tell us who our server will be?

Um, looks like Tom will be your server tonight.

Great. Can you show us Tom’s vaccination card?

Um...

And also, can you provide me with proof that Tom is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases?

Um...

Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc., so if you could provide us with Tom’s most recent tox-screen, that would be great.

Um... Let me get the manager for you.

That would be great, thanks.

Bajastu

Reaction score
I received the vaccine and contracted breakthrough Covid. I’ve had very mild symptoms, feels like a head cold. The worst part is the isolation. Living in my office on a blowup mattress makes me think that I need a fold out couch bed added 😂. I’m on day seven of a ten day quarantine.

On a serious note, my best friend’s dad just passed away from this. This is definitely still a hot topic.

Singleton

Reaction score
Agreed 100%. If I had to make the choice to remain employeed I would go J & J.

looks like that is the direction I am heading. I work in sales engineering and while my company has not stated required, my customers are going to require it for me to be onsite.

Meaney77

Reaction score
looks like that is the direction I am heading. I work in sales engineering and while my company has not stated required, my customers are going to require it for me to be onsite.
The company I work for is also requiring all onsite vendors and service provider to be vaccinated as well.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
So I will add a side-effect to my earlier posts. I didn't realize this was a side-effect until I saw an article on this particular side-effect and it had happened to me, but I never made the connection. I finally stopped having menstrual periods Spring 2020. Happy day!! Then, sadly, they began again in March of this year. I figured that I wasn't really done, but would be soon. No big deal. Then I saw an article stating that post-menopausal periods were a side-effect of the Moderna vaccine. I received my first shot in Feb and my second in March.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56901353

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...tween-covid-vaccine-and-menstruation/2495593/

https://qz.com/2045518/does-the-covid-19-vaccine-affect-womens-periods/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...k-having-coronavirus-vaccine-post-menopausal/

There is no way I would recommend teenage girls or women who want to continue having children get this. Who knows what it does to the reproductive system?

BTW, this appears to have been only temporary. After a couple of months, they stopped again.

Bear Down

Reaction score
So I will add a side-effect to my earlier posts. I didn't realize this was a side-effect until I saw an article on this particular side-effect and it had happened to me, but I never made the connection. I finally stopped having menstrual periods Spring 2020. Happy day!! Then, sadly, they began again in March of this year. I figured that I wasn't really done, but would be soon. No big deal. Then I saw an article stating that post-menopausal periods were a side-effect of the Moderna vaccine. I received my first shot in Feb and my second in March.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...tween-covid-vaccine-and-menstruation/2495593/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...k-having-coronavirus-vaccine-post-menopausal/

There is no way I would recommend teenage girls or women who want to continue having children get this. Who knows what it does to the reproductive system?

BTW, this appears to have been only temporary. After a couple of months, they stopped again.
My wife is on the same wavelength as you. She said things changed for her and our then 19 yr old.
We'll be very resistant with our 6 yr old daughter....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
My wife is on the same wavelength as you. She said things changed for her and our then 19 yr old.
We'll be very resistant with our 6 yr old daughter....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Now that I have covid my in-laws are pushing us to get our 14 year old daughter vaccinated, what changed? If you don't mind me asking. PM is fine as well.

For the record we won't be getting her vaccinated with MRNA for sure

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score

I'm in a similar situation. My job requires travel, and I cannot travel to internal company sites or to customer sites without being vaccinated. I opted for the Pfizer jab since there seems to be the most data on it, but there are risks to all of them as well as risks to not getting it.

I just got my 2nd jab today. I didn't have any side effects from the 1st shot beside a slightly sore arm where I got the shot for a couple of days. I've heard that side effects from the 2nd shot can be rough for a day or so but we will see.

Bajastu

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. My job requires travel, and I cannot travel to internal company sites or to customer sites without being vaccinated. I opted for the Pfizer jab since there seems to be the most data on it, but there are risks to all of them as well as risks to not getting it.

I just got my 2nd jab today. I didn't have any side effects from the 1st shot beside a slightly sore arm where I got the shot for a couple of days. I've heard that side effects from the 2nd shot can be rough for a day or so but we will see.

My second jab side effects were worse than having my breakthrough Covid. The jab has a shorter duration as well.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
May be nothing but who knows. Got both Pfizer back in March. Had a very mild breakthrough in July after flying to and from Hawaii (I’m guess on return based on dates). Had a bad cough that lasted a week then gone. This last Saturday I felt exhausted like I never had before and late in the day got a 101* fever. Went to bed at 6:30 and woke up Sunday at 8:00 as if nothing happened. Was I exposed again? Trippy times. Definitely fucks with your head.

PRIMO

Reaction score
Scott Gottlieb Former FDA Commissioner
Now sits on Board of Directors for PFIZER who just got the green light by the FDA to
Push the JAB !

Attachments

• 6B7CF1F7-4A64-4D9D-8A2C-92F5F4B974FE.png
    6B7CF1F7-4A64-4D9D-8A2C-92F5F4B974FE.png
    751 KB · Views: 60

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I’m all in. Getting the Moderna booster on 8/24. It’s been 4 and a half months since I had my second shot. Too many folks around me that have been seriously sick including my kids, co-workers and friends. While the vaccine is clearly not a cure all, I do believe it helps.

1st shot a bit sore. 2nd shot I developed a minor fever and was weak. Will update tomorrow after I get the 3rd later today.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but that is a pro-vaccine figure. 6000 out of 164M is 0.004%. Deaths per cases is 594k out of 33.3M or 1.8%. So you do have a decent chance of survival but case per population is 11%. You stand a far better chance of catching it, a slight chance of dying from at and a minuscule chance of having a vaccine complication. Oh, and the first mRNA vaccine was tested on animals in the 90’s, 30 years ago.

awful lot of stories in this thread and the other for that complication to be minuscule.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am considering only leaving peoples actual experiences in this thread and then moving all the other posts into a new thread..

I also started a similar thread that ended up with a bunch of random posts and jokes..

Dalton

Reaction score
Covid positive December 2020

J&J vaccine June 2021

First day fine no reaction, second day bad stomach ache, third day right calf muscle pain, and right wrist pain. The calf muscle pain lingered about 4 days.

No side effects since that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
My boring experience..

Moderna first shot 3/17... sore arm at injection site 2 days
Moderna second shot 4/19... sore arm at injection site 2 days

No side effects so far. My parents are getting up there in age and mom has had a kidney transplant. They both took the shot, I wanted them to feel safe around me.

It should be a personal choice imo. I would never hold it against anyone that doesn't get it. My guys at work is pretty much 50/50 that have received the jab.

4Waters

Reaction score
I am considering only leaving peoples actual experiences in this thread and then moving all the other posts into a new thread..

I also started a similar thread that ended up with a bunch of random posts and jokes..
This thread went off track a few times but actually did pretty good, it stayed on topic enough that the mods left it in the lounge like I asked. I know it helped a lot of people (members and lurkers) make the best decision for them. Many won't go into the dungeon.

DWC

Reaction score
Scott Gottlieb Former FDA Commissioner
Now sits on Board of Directors for PFIZER who just got the green light by the FDA to
Push the JAB !
Nothing to see here. Move along. :oops:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You should see all of the .gov workers who’ve retired to cushy Defense Contractor gigs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MagicMan

Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Move along. :oops:

I received the Pfizer Dec 2020 no side effects. Pfizer

Wife received moderna December 1st dose bad headache couple hours following Day. Second dose no side effect.

Daughter Dec 2020 pfizer minor discomfort, no major side effects. She treats covid patients.

Son pfizer June 2020 no side effects.

Daughters boyfriend June 2020 pfizer no side effects.

My Parents, my In-laws, all my siblings and their families pfizer no side effects.

Family members who gotten Covid only one my brother in law age 30 ; full recovery said felt like bad cold this was pre vaccine.

All co-workers have been vaccinated maybe 30% were reluctant. Side effects nothing major some had chills some had headaches. As of recent the 30 percent were mandated to take it or they would have been placed on leave this week. I work in healthcare. Everyone will be fully vaccinated by October I don't see anyone quitting over the mandate.

One co-worker close buddy of mine caught the delta variant 2 weeks ago. He was hospitalized for 1 week. Treated with Redemisvir and oxygen treatment got over it within the week and released. He was vaccinated with Pfizer his wife Moderna both caught it. Nurses treating him said he recovered quicker than the non vaccinated patients.

I will receive the booster as well. Been getting the flu shot for years since working in healthcare. Never had any side effects, ive had the flu once in 20 years. Hope this helps.

Magnuman

Reaction score
Had J&J vaccine in March. I was tired for about 2-3 days. No energy, but no other symptoms.
Just received Moderna supplement two weeks ago.
Sore arm at injection site and again tired for a day. No other symptoms.
Heading to Europe and just wanted a little more protection.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Boy, thats something for the ladies to consider seriously. Informative post!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yep. It fucked with my cycle bigtime. Thankfully we chose not to have kids, but I too would worry about giving the vaccine to a young woman who may want to have babies.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
May be nothing but who knows. Got both Pfizer back in March. Had a very mild breakthrough in July after flying to and from Hawaii (I’m guess on return based on dates). Had a bad cough that lasted a week then gone. This last Saturday I felt exhausted like I never had before and late in the day got a 101* fever. Went to bed at 6:30 and woke up Sunday at 8:00 as if nothing happened. Was I exposed again? Trippy times. Definitely fucks with your head.
Good to hear no smell/ taste issues. Fever definitely a Covid symptom.

Reactions: BTR

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This thread went off track a few times but actually did pretty good, it stayed on topic enough that the mods left it in the lounge like I asked. I know it helped a lot of people (members and lurkers) make the best decision for them. Many won't go into the dungeon.
Great thread for real info.... its stayed on point better than any other and we'll be entering a new phase soon it appears.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I received the Pfizer Dec 2020 no side effects. Pfizer

Wife received moderna December 1st dose bad headache couple hours following Day. Second dose no side effect.

Daughter Dec 2020 pfizer minor discomfort, no major side effects. She treats covid patients.

Son pfizer June 2020 no side effects.

Daughters boyfriend June 2020 pfizer no side effects.

My Parents, my In-laws, all my siblings and their families pfizer no side effects.

Family members who gotten Covid only one my brother in law age 30 ; full recovery said felt like bad cold this was pre vaccine.

All co-workers have been vaccinated maybe 30% were reluctant. Side effects nothing major some had chills some had headaches. As of recent the 30 percent were mandated to take it or they would have been placed on leave this week. I work in healthcare. Everyone will be fully vaccinated by October I don't see anyone quitting over the mandate.

One co-worker close buddy of mine caught the delta variant 2 weeks ago. He was hospitalized for 1 week. Treated with Redemisvir and oxygen treatment got over it within the week and released. He was vaccinated with Pfizer his wife Moderna both caught it. Nurses treating him said he recovered quicker than the non vaccinated patients.

I will receive the booster as well. Been getting the flu shot for years since working in healthcare. Never had any side effects, ive had the flu once in 20 years. Hope this helps.

I'm confused about how these people got vaxxed in 2020? Especially June?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

Yep. It fucked with my cycle bigtime. Thankfully we chose not to have kids, but I too would worry about giving the vaccine to a young woman who may want to have babies.

Ask the small country in Africa that Bill Gates tested the malaria(I believe) vaccine on and the majority of the women that took it ended up sterile.

"If we could lower the population by 15-20% world wide infectious diseases would be less common" -Bill Gates

Last edited:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ask the small country in Africa that Bill Gates tested the malaria(I believe) on and the majority of the women that took it ended up sterile.

"If we could lower the population by 15-20% world wide infectious diseases would be less common" -Bill Gates

I mean, honestly, the potential of sterilization sounds like a birth control plan my husband and I can get behind 😆, but it is a very serious and scary situation for women who want to have a family.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I mean, honestly, the potential of sterilization sounds like a birth control plan my husband and I can get behind 😆, but it is a very serious and scary situation for women who want to have a family.

Ohh I'm with ya on that one. Been with the ol lady for 23yrs no kids and no way I would have one now.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Both Pfizer shots for wife, daughter and me. All of us felt a little punky after shot 2. Wife got Pfizer booster shot last week, described side effect same as shot #2.

Spoke to a gentleman yesterday about the whole vaccine issue. His wife is an ER Dr., 50 years old. She had menopause before the shots. Surprisingly had 1 period after the Pfizer shots. She reported this was an infrequent side effect as others here have posted.

Just the facts, no commentary :)

MagicMan

Reaction score
I'm confused about how these people got vaxxed in 2020? Especially June?
Let me clarify, the post should have read June 2021 for other family members.

My wife daughter And I received in December 2020. We work in hospitals. We were among the 1st to receive vaccines.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Ohh I'm with ya on that one. Been with the ol lady for 23yrs no kids and no way I would have one now.
Wife and I for 42 years and never even considered bringing kids into this fucked up world!!!! It's been our thought since day one. No way no how could kids grow up the way we got to grow up. Hell, I even drank water out of a hose!! 😁

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
i had my 3rd (booster) shot of Moderna about 13 hours ago. Arm is sore and I’m a bit tired however, it’s minor. 2nd shot was worse.

revision: Now15 plus hours since the shot and am running a minor fever with some nausea..

Last edited:

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I had my 2nd Pfizer jab on Monday, and have been feeling fine. Yesterday (Tuesday) my arm was slightly sore where I got the shot, but besides that I have been fine. Today I feel 100% normal.

C-2

Reaction score
i had my 3rd (booster) shot of Moderna about 13 hours ago. Arm is sore and I’m a bit tired however, it’s minor. 2nd shot was worse.

revision: Now15 plus hours since the shot and am running a minor fever with some nausea..

What county?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I was fully vaccinated in March. My wife was vaccinated a week after me. We both received the Pfizer vaccine.

The first shot did very little to me other than a sore arm. I would compare the arm pain to a tetanus shot.

The second shot made me a little fatigued. I didn’t have any arm pain.

When my wife got her first shot it got her pretty good. She said the arm pain was severe and she ended up sleeping for 24 hours.

The second shot for my wife was pure hell. She was absolutely miserable. She ran a 100+ degree fever for 2 days and she was in so much pain she said her hair hurt. She hardly slept for 2 days due to the amount of pain she was in.

Since getting the vaccine I haven’t had any issues but I did get a breakthrough case of the Delta in June. The Delta was one of the scariest things I’ve ever been through. I went to sleep and woke up 30 minutes later, I couldn’t breathe and was gasping for air. I thought I was going to black out and was pounding on my inhaler. My wife thought she was going to have to call 911 but luckily after numerous inhaler shots I was able to breathe again. I ran a 100+ degree fever for almost a week, I felt very dizzy and my body was in a lot of pain.

My wife has developed a lot of issues since getting the vaccine. I won’t go into details but some of them are pretty awful and we are being told they are typical “long hauler” symptoms that some people get after having COVID. She got them from the shot.

I plan to get the booster when I can. My wife says he won’t get it.

Last week a good friend of mine from high school lost her husband to COVID. It happened very fast, he was having trouble breathing at home so they went to the ER. The entire household tested positive for COVID. 5 days after being diagnosed with COVID my friends husband lost his battle with COVID. He was 41 and leaves behind a wife and 2 children. His mother is now in the ICU with COVID.

We spent a week in California a little over a week ago. I went to visit and old neighbor and it was a difficult visit. He’s in his 70’s and completely out of it now, he cannot carry a normal conversation. According to his son, he was perfectly fine but after getting the second COVID shot he lost his marbles and has been messed up since.

This whole thing is crazy. I think there’s still a lot that nobody knows. I do know one thing however. We have 6 kids ages 8-16. I will not allow any of the kids to get the vaccine. If the schools mandate it, we will home school our children.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Having to get vaccinated against my will for work mandate, I got my 1st jab of Pfizer yesterday. I Would say I am a petty healthy dude with no underlying issues , I'm 47 and exercise regularly. I am 6'1" and 225.

1st shot yesterday and my arm was pretty tender after and still pretty sore this morning. I did feel kind of down on energy and a bit tired after. Not sure if it was due to the shot or if I was just kind of drained. Maybe it was all in my head and I was just being a wuss.

19 days from now I get jab #2 and hoping it doesn't effect me too much. So over all of this bullshit, not so much the vaccine itself but the government over reach and the "you must get the vaccine or else we will make your life hell attitude" doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Follow up to my 3rd (booster) shot of Moderna.

1st and 2nd days were a bit difficult. Slight fever/chills/fatigue and a horrible case of the runs.

3rd Morning after I was back to normal.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I was fully vaccinated in March. My wife was vaccinated a week after me. We both received the Pfizer vaccine.

The first shot did very little to me other than a sore arm. I would compare the arm pain to a tetanus shot.

The second shot made me a little fatigued. I didn’t have any arm pain.

When my wife got her first shot it got her pretty good. She said the arm pain was severe and she ended up sleeping for 24 hours.

The second shot for my wife was pure hell. She was absolutely miserable. She ran a 100+ degree fever for 2 days and she was in so much pain she said her hair hurt. She hardly slept for 2 days due to the amount of pain she was in.

Since getting the vaccine I haven’t had any issues but I did get a breakthrough case of the Delta in June. The Delta was one of the scariest things I’ve ever been through. I went to sleep and woke up 30 minutes later, I couldn’t breathe and was gasping for air. I thought I was going to black out and was pounding on my inhaler. My wife thought she was going to have to call 911 but luckily after numerous inhaler shots I was able to breathe again. I ran a 100+ degree fever for almost a week, I felt very dizzy and my body was in a lot of pain.

My wife has developed a lot of issues since getting the vaccine. I won’t go into details but some of them are pretty awful and we are being told they are typical “long hauler” symptoms that some people get after having COVID. She got them from the shot.

I plan to get the booster when I can. My wife says he won’t get it.

Last week a good friend of mine from high school lost her husband to COVID. It happened very fast, he was having trouble breathing at home so they went to the ER. The entire household tested positive for COVID. 5 days after being diagnosed with COVID my friends husband lost his battle with COVID. He was 41 and leaves behind a wife and 2 children. His mother is now in the ICU with COVID.

We spent a week in California a little over a week ago. I went to visit and old neighbor and it was a difficult visit. He’s in his 70’s and completely out of it now, he cannot carry a normal conversation. According to his son, he was perfectly fine but after getting the second COVID shot he lost his marbles and has been messed up since.

This whole thing is crazy. I think there’s still a lot that nobody knows. I do know one thing however. We have 6 kids ages 8-16. I will not allow any of the kids to get the vaccine. If the schools mandate it, we will home school our children.

Man that sounds like hell.... thanks for sharing and do us a favor and give more detail as to the 'Inhaler" you mentioned. Always helps to state any pre existing conditions on the thread. I've got a buddy with asthma so watching all this closely.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Having to get vaccinated against my will for work mandate, I got my 1st jab of Pfizer yesterday. I Would say I am a petty healthy dude with no underlying issues , I'm 47 and exercise regularly. I am 6'1" and 225.

1st shot yesterday and my arm was pretty tender after and still pretty sore this morning. I did feel kind of down on energy and a bit tired after. Not sure if it was due to the shot or if I was just kind of drained. Maybe it was all in my head and I was just being a wuss.

19 days from now I get jab #2 and hoping it doesn't effect me too much. So over all of this bullshit, not so much the vaccine itself but the government over reach and the "you must get the vaccine or else we will make your life hell attitude" doesn't sit well with me.
Get them to sign paperwork that says they are liable for any and all side effects and that workman's comp will cover it as it's on the job.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk