WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cross country trip....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Chillin having beers with the bitch relaxing at my feet ;)

65C9F574-6720-40EB-8FE6-6E48BA978201.jpeg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Glad we got to spend a couple week's with DILLIGAF in Sturgis. Thanks for showing us the ropes.
27 hours after leaving we're home. 22+ hours driving, 3 hours of sleep and a couple fuel/coffee stops.
First long distance trip using the Freightliner to pull the toy hauler and all went well.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Glad we got to spend a couple week's with DILLIGAF in Sturgis. Thanks for showing us the ropes.
27 hours after leaving we're home. 22+ hours driving, 3 hours of sleep and a couple fuel/coffee stops.
First long distance trip using the Freightliner to pull the toy hauler and all went well.

Glad ya got home safe. Thats quite the rig you have. Jealous on that turning radius. You left at the right time. Tons of smoke here now. I have been outside already today and its a heavy smell ;( See you two around October.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was inside on calls all day but the smoke here is really bad. I guess its from fires in ID and Montana. Hoping these clears up so I can go for some rides over the next few days. 100 degree temp with smoke everywhere would not be enjoyable. Rain coming Thursday I guess with lot lower temps.

i did score on a few tshirts today. 2 for 24 and they were going for 25. Per during the run.

all in all a relaxing day after the damn phone calls.

CHEERS!

If you've never been to the headwaters of the Colorado river, I highly recommend that trip!

Three separate lakes form the head waters, and all of them are beautiful.

You could easily spend a week exploring on a Harley. Super fun! 👍👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If you've never been to the headwaters of the Colorado river, I highly recommend that trip!

Three separate lakes form the head waters, and all of them are beautiful.

You could easily spend a week exploring on a Harley. Super fun! 👍👍

I am thinking of staying out here towards the midwest simply due to fires and smoke out west. I think I have been thru there before but not 100% sure.

Thanks for the tip. I will decide a direction by the end of the week. This smoke sucks and I sure don't want to drive-ride into more of it

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you have Dilligaf on the upper back of your vest you appeared in one of the many 2021 YouTube Vlogs.
I've been trying to scrub back and find the scene in one of 50,, no luck yet.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If you have Dilligaf on the upper back of your vest you appeared in one of the many 2021 YouTube Vlogs.
I've been trying to scrub back and find the scene in one of 50,, no luck yet.

I am someone who stays below the radar TPC. Only patch I have says Cave Creek on it. No DILLIGAF except a helmet which I don't wear unless I have to legally.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Just had a conversation with a retired army vet here in the park. He had one of the smallest dogs I have ever seen. His pup is very old and brittle and when Roxy met her Roxy was very gentle. Initially I was watching as his dog shit his little rat size poop with him not picking it up. I was gonna say something but cut him slack. The shit is literaly the size of a rat shit. Glad I did as it turned out to be a nice conversation.

so he was in the army during the Korean Conflict but did not get sent there. They sent him to Austria which he said was a great post. He could ski on weekends and really enjoyed it there.

he told me he rides his Harley every year from Newport News VA where he lives to CA and back to visit the Wall on 911. Was telling me about some ice cream shop in Ontario CA that loads up the ice cream. Piles a two scoop cone so high its hard to finish…lol.

nice guy and he has to be in his late 80’s or possibly even 90s.

oh….his old dog is 13…when I told him my pup is about 15.5 he could not believe it. Lol

good start to the day. Only going to be about 85 today with some winds with rain likely the next few days. Going to get a short ride in today.

have a good one peeps

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Couple of pics on my ride today. The ride here had lots of sweeping turns at 25 mph from 45 mph and I can see newbies really messing up a nice ride. Feels great without all the traffic. Passed the Wonderland Cave area and currently sitting at a country store in Nemo. The owner said they were over the top busy during the run. Very cool little piece of Americana. Lots of off roaders here as well

another biker saw my Cave Creek and came over to talk. They had a group of about 5 bikes and the one guy was wearing a Hideaway shirt and was from Surprise. Told me his son stays in Rio Verde off of 138th. Small world.

anyhow…a beautiful ride today at a pace you can appreciate.

on my way back I am going to drive onto the forest and see if this one area can accommodate my rig.

713A9243-C8BA-4CDF-8855-CCFCB59B9F12.jpeg
5F2EA8F9-ADA0-4BF8-A892-200CEE43CA83.jpeg
CD8FC9FD-4E45-4DF5-9E7E-0D47DCA7CBD0.jpeg
B7B87B5D-3E81-4C2D-9C9B-B34D74FB37DC.jpeg
236F0470-85AF-4F2A-8780-97862C413F13.jpeg
9BAB2F1D-2F84-4311-986A-E544476C082C.jpeg
2A937707-587F-4B6A-A7B6-D9880911AC15.jpeg
5DC5504B-DF9E-4F0E-A82F-33987785210A.jpeg
C19C8775-A969-412F-8335-A5355CC75C15.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So yesterday we got heavy rain and today more coming. I decided to extend for one more week here.

after today a nice warm up for the coming week so there will be some great riding days. Plus, I will be here when the Mustang rally starts which should be cool to see. Some big ass car show in Deadwood to kick it all off.

today will be a day of just putting everything in order in the trailer.

oh…almost forgot. On my pin box I had a situation that didnt look right. Contacted Andersen Hitches and they sent me out some new parts at no charge. Got them in two days and will install-replace with the new parts. They said there was no risk in pulling but think replacement is best. The red piece is just plastic and helps with sliding in the ball but in reality is more cosmetic IMO. Great service from Andersen.
CF23B132-B257-4E34-8958-735C8964B1E3.jpeg

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Had to put on the heater this morning. First time during my travels so far.

OK.......Struggling a little bit watching the train wreck in Afghanistan and reading the political stuff. I need to pull the plug and just get back to talking more with the other travelers and locals across the USA. The thing is that everybody now is starting to talk about all of this crap going on. Maybe its me starting the conversations.....I am not sure

The shit being put out via the media this AM has me feeling anxious. Might have to reset here and unplug so I can start chilling again.

In the meantime...."Yes.......I will have a second cup of coffee" lol (You old dudes will get it)

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We've had some rain and the campgrounds are starting to empty out in Western Montana. The smoke was pretty bad for about a month.

We have some tweaking to do on the coach, but plan to head to Bozeman area Labor Day weekend. Crossing our fingers the bugs in the engine are all worked out. Got the full wall slide open finally this morning ($3500 and we had to do it ourselves!). We will be in Moab From mid Sept to Mid-Oct. Then Zion for a couple of weeks. Jeff and I recently got new phone numbers, so I will message you.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We've had some rain and the campgrounds are starting to empty out in Western Montana. The smoke was pretty bad for about a month.

We have some tweaking to do on the coach, but plan to head to Bozeman area Labor Day weekend. Crossing our fingers the bugs in the engine are all worked out. Got the full wall slide open finally this morning ($3500 and we had to do it ourselves!). We will be in Moab From mid Sept to Mid-Oct. Then Zion for a couple of weeks. Jeff and I recently got new phone numbers, so I will message you.

thats great you finally got back on the road. Uggghhhh on the money going out ;(

smoke is cleared up now Angie? Been very hesitant to head west because of that. I am here in Sturgis till next Sunday.

got your PM. Tx

clarence

Reaction score
Having lived with your set-up now a bit, anything you'd change?

Go larger/smaller? RV/van/camper?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Having lived with your set-up now a bit, anything you'd change?

Go larger/smaller? RV/van/camper?

not really any but…….

i am noticing as I travel there isnt as many off grid places as I thought there would be and many can not accommodate my rig size wise anyhow. I am talking about no hookups at all.

I have found I am capable of fixing up a lot more stuff than I thought. Last couple of days I have been doing small projects around here. Replaced my Andersen Hitch pin bracket as it was showing some wear, Re screening a screen etc.

Could I go smaller? I have thought about it just to open up more off grid locs but I really like the space internally I currently have so I dont think so.

no regrets or changes at this point. I am not real motivated to leave Sturgis either so just staying here for a while still.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
not really any but…….

i am noticing as I travel there isnt as many off grid places as I thought there would be and many can not accommodate my rig size wise anyhow. I am talking about no hookups at all.

I have found I am capable of fixing up a lot more stuff than I thought. Last couple of days I have been doing small projects around here. Replaced my Andersen Hitch pin bracket as it was showing some wear, Re screening a screen etc.

Could I go smaller? I have thought about it just to open up more off grid locs but I really like the space internally I currently have so I dont think so.

no regrets or changes at this point. I am not real motivated to leave Sturgis either so just staying here for a while still.
Keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure there's a large % of people that would like to be doing the same!👍👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So…I replaced my brace today on the pin. I hope I got the torque right and all. I am becoming pretty handy on things that require fixing. The other day I reattached a screen that had come loose. All those little things that need maintained along the way.

started to go for a ride out to Spearfish today and ran into some rain drops. Headed to the Knuckle Saloon for lunch. Thats the beauty of no schedule. I will try the ride again tomorrow and its no big deal.

there are now four Grand Design Momentums here in the park. Pretty funny.

pics of the repair and potential failure point so it all got replaced.
6C84CE29-2B4B-4C84-9D8D-E57D103F7F13.jpeg
DE0608C8-B0BA-4BEF-A9E6-CB8B7F559333.jpeg
B6504687-B408-4AE8-BD54-0BBB5326CFD2.jpeg
6B76FAD7-987C-4E72-A8A3-DB7B7364A289.jpeg
DB9A96B0-768D-43F8-B398-351FF0C9497C.jpeg
253C6A9B-F9EC-44BC-8359-869F2D427CD9.jpeg
A3E0EC9A-59E4-473E-86BD-2394CAC5A920.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How's the knee holding up? I'm not seeing you talk about it so I'm guessing you didn't have any hiccups.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Keep in trucking muthaaaaaaa fuckkkaaaaaa!!!!
Lol....save travels homie👍😉

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
How's the knee holding up? I'm not seeing you talk about it so I'm guessing you didn't have any hiccups.

no issues at all with the replacement. Zero pain. Sometimes it kind of feels a little loose but thats because I havent been able to extend it for years. Weird but absolutely normal. The “good” knee needs scoped before the end of the year. Probably get that done in AZ when I get back.

thanks for asking.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
no issues at all with the replacement. Zero pain. Sometimes it kind of feels a little loose but thats because I havent been able to extend it for years. Weird but absolutely normal. The “good” knee needs scoped before the end of the year. Probably get that done in AZ when I get back.

thanks for asking.
I'm super glad it went well for you.👍
It's those kinda results that are encouraging me to do it sooner than later
Both my knees have blown out acl's.
I'm getting closer to doing my right knee, that's the one that I call my universal Screenshot_20201208-114806_Chrome.jpg joint knee. I blew that knee in '79 and never fixed it. 100% worn out, bone on bone.😖
My left knee needs a new cadaver ligament too.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I'm super glad it went well for you.👍
It's those kinda results that are encouraging me to do it sooner than later
Both my knees have blown out acl's.
I'm getting closer to doing my right knee, that's the one that I call my universal View attachment 1041524 joint knee. I blew that knee in '79 and never fixed it. 100% worn out, bone on bone.😖
My left knee needs a new cadaver ligament too.

One at a time. You do both and it would make it so much more difficult in recovery. Its going to be like the old saying goes...."I can't believe I waited this long to do this" IMO if you are in decent shape once you get it done your recovery will be a piece of cake. I say that based on the pain you have already been thru for decades. Do it at the beginning of the year......that way you can get the other one done in the same year. Talking insurance and out of pocket expenses yearly stuff.

Maybe do some buildup of the leg and core before going forward with it all. That helps a lot....especially your core

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
not really any but…….

This is why I went with a 26. That's the max size at most national parks, and I wanted to visit a number of those!

Id really like a bigger one now. Never camped with my Harley before. Looks nice. 👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
This is why I went with a 26. That's the max size at most national parks, and I wanted to visit a number of those!

Id really like a bigger one now. Never camped with my Harley before. Looks nice. 👍

But....BUt....BUTTTTTTT.....I live in this thing :)

Harley gives you a lot of good riding areas along the way

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Just saw John at the mail box
He said call or text him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I think a vehicle like this would be nice for exploring the backwoods areas. Sport Mobile

Store it at a convenient location in the US where you could drop your current setup. Explore a bit, then switch out for a bit, rinse, repeat as desired. More $$ and overhead, but would be cool in a perfect world.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I think a vehicle like this would be nice for exploring the backwoods areas. Sport Mobile

Store it at a convenient location in the US where you could drop your current setup. Explore a bit, then switch out for a bit, rinse, repeat as desired. More $$ and overhead, but would be cool in a perfect world.

Perfect world being the key.....lol

Lots of flexibility with it for sure

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

If the Sport Mobile could tow the 5th wheel.....now we are talking :)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score