PRIMO

Reaction score
8E5575EF-C9D5-42F2-8F38-13C4487A9680.png

4Waters

Reaction score
So day 5.

Actually slept pretty good last night, I'm able to breathe through my nose. Still nothing in my chest so I guess my routine is working. I've kept up on the advil for my fever but gonna try to cut that today as advil is hard on the kidneys, fingers crossed.

I'm sure you guys have seen that I have been pretty aggressive with my therapies to fight this and I feel that is why I'm doing as good as I am. If I continue this path to recovery I will post my daily meds and routines for others.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Guy at work just went through it last week . Described it as a major sinus infection and a lot of fatigue . Lots of sleep and vitamin c . He never had chest issues . Tested positive though . Makes me wonder about the testing . Im glad your getting better

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So day 5.

Actually slept pretty good last night, I'm able to breathe through my nose. Still nothing in my chest so I guess my routine is working. I've kept up on the advil for my fever but gonna try to cut that today as advil is hard on the kidneys, fingers crossed.

I'm sure you guys have seen that I have been pretty aggressive with my therapies to fight this and I feel that is why I'm doing as good as I am. If I continue this path to recovery I will post my daily meds and routines for others.

Good to hear the news!!!!

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Guy at work just went through it last week . Described it as a major sinus infection and a lot of fatigue . Lots of sleep and vitamin c . He never had chest issues . Tested positive though . Makes me wonder about the testing . Im glad your getting better
The loss of taste and smell is a dead give away of Covid. The list of symptoms for Covid pretty much covers every symptom known to man, it just depends on which ones a person gets. My wife only lost taste and smell, nothing more. When I had Covid a little over a year ago, my symptoms were about the same as @4Waters. Mild fever of 101*, body aches, chills, sweats, head aches, massive fatigue, loss of taste and smell (smell is still jacked), and pretty bad brain fog. I felt like shit for about 5 days and then started to get better. Strange side effects like fatigue, brain fog, head aches and taste and smell lasted for awhile after. I had no breathing or lung issues, but my cardio fitness took a big hit. My cardio took about a month to come back as my exercise routine returned.

TrojanDan

Reaction score

Glad you are doing good. Remember your daily meds and routines you post may differ entirely from the unvaccinated. Best wishes on a full recovery.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The loss of taste and smell is a dead give away of Covid. The list of symptoms for Covid pretty much covers every symptom known to man, it just depends on which ones a person gets. My wife only lost taste and smell, nothing more. When I had Covid a little over a year ago, my symptoms were about the same as @4Waters. Mild fever of 101*, body aches, chills, sweats, head aches, massive fatigue, loss of taste and smell (smell is still jacked), and pretty bad brain fog. I felt like shit for about 5 days and then started to get better. Strange side effects like fatigue, brain fog, head aches and taste and smell lasted for awhile after. I had no breathing or lung issues, but my cardio fitness took a big hit. My cardio took about a month to come back as my exercise routine returned.
Loss of taste isn’t a given though, I never did so I thought it was a cold or allergies for awhile and did the best I could as a super spreader before I decided enough is enough, let’s get tested

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Day 10……Went for my second round of IV today.
84676CFD-E065-4E44-B6D9-B263DBAA73A8.jpeg
14DCBCC6-9BE2-4D04-9054-B1A03FBBBE65.jpeg

At this point I’m ready to go back to work and will be back Monday.

The only things that are really still getting to me but from what im reading will be around a bit.

The fatigue is no joke. I’m not the type of person that takes napes…..ever. But have found my self taking one every day.

brain fog.My head is still “cloudy” so I really have to focus on things to stay on top of them.

taste and smell are still gone and not showing any signs of coming back just yet.

4Waters

Reaction score
Day 10……Went for my second round of IV today.
View attachment 1042819 View attachment 1042820

At this point I’m ready to go back to work and will be back Monday.

The only things that are really still getting to me but from what im reading will be around a bit.

The fatigue is no joke. I’m not the type of person that takes napes…..ever. But have found my self taking one every day.

brain fog.My head is still “cloudy” so I really have to focus on things to stay on top of them.

taste and smell are still gone and not showing any signs of coming back just yet.
The fatigue is the worst part by far

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Loss of taste isn’t a given though, I never did so I thought it was a cold or allergies for awhile and did the best I could as a super spreader before I decided enough is enough, let’s get tested
The point I was making is that if you loose taste and smell it is Covid. I don't know of any other virus that a person looses their taste or smell?

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
This taste thing is weird. I can barely taste toothpaste and mouth wash and I mean barely, wife brought me a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's for lunch, I could taste the spice barely but nothing else, could not taste the onion or tomato nothing else. She made pasta with alfredo sauce for dinner and it was like eating salt. I absolutely can't smell a thing.

You’re sick and you eat a Wendy’s fuckin chicken sandwich? Wtf. You need some healthy food pal, no processed chemical.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I won't eat then, I can at least taste the spice a little. Wife made me a sandwich, took 2 bites and threw it away.

Soups were my favorite when I lost taste/smell. Only thing I could eat because chewing on something that was just textures was horrible. I don’t blame you wanting to taste something spicey. At least with soups I could taste salt and just drank it from the bowl. The sensation of chewing “something” was disgusting. I would’ve lost 50 lbs had I tried to continue doing that. Soups were legit and I’d “eat” dinner in under a minute lol

Two kids in my 12 year old daughters classroom tested positive this past Monday for Covid and she and my son along with their Mom are all sick with Covid symptoms as of this morning. All three got tested today but I’m sure they’ve got it. My daughter can’t taste anything.

4Waters

Reaction score
Soups were my favorite when I lost taste/smell. Only thing I could eat because chewing on something that was just textures was horrible. I don’t blame you wanting to taste something spicey. At least with soups I could taste salt and just drank it from the bowl. The sensation of chewing “something” was disgusting. I would’ve lost 50 lbs had I tried to continue doing that. Soups were legit and I’d “eat” dinner in under a minute lol

Two kids in my 12 year old daughters classroom tested positive this past Monday for Covid and she and my son along with their Mom are all sick with Covid symptoms as of this morning. All three got tested today but I’m sure they’ve got it. My daughter can’t taste anything.
Keep them active.

4Waters

Reaction score
18 hours since I took advil and still no fever.

Just had a nice time with the wife, we left our phones in the house and went outside and sat and 12 feet apart and talked, she's been getting extra hours at work plus I have been shuddered to the bedroom we haven't been able to talk, I enjoyed that time. Can't wait to get a hug from her and the kids, I'm really missing the physical aspect of affection.

4Waters

Reaction score
SOB!! My wife was gonna set up appointments to get my kids PCR tested Monday afternoon so they can go back to school on Wed. We don't want to add to the official count so we tested them both here at home to be safe and my daughter is positive, even did a 2nd test from a different box. My wife is negative still she and my son are moving to my parents house. Until further notice. FUCK!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
18 hours since I took advil and still no fever.

Just had a nice time with the wife, we left our phones in the house and went outside and sat and 12 feet apart and talked, she's been getting extra hours at work plus I have been shuddered to the bedroom we haven't been able to talk, I enjoyed that time. Can't wait to get a hug from her and the kids, I'm really missing the physical aspect of affection.

My fevers were essentially non existent. There were a few instances of some hot flashes. And chills but went away as quickly as they showed up.

wishing the best for your family.

4Waters

Reaction score
Gonna vent a little.

So Sunday I woke up not feeling very well, took a home test at about 11 and it came back positive. I immediately called my coworker that I was almost certain gave it to me since the previous Saturday he got back from a vacation to Mexico, 6+ hours on a plane. I told him that I wasn't feeling good and took a home test and it came back positive, his response to me was...

"Yeah, I have been feeling under the weather for a couple days now"

WTF!! I kept calm but I was pissed, phone call would have been nice, like yesterday.

Seriously, it's one thing to get me sick, it's another to get my kid sick. If he would have called me Saturday morning I would have kicked the wife and kids out and sent them to my parents and we probably wouldn't be here in this situation now.

Bonehead move.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Gonna vent a little.

So Sunday I woke up not feeling very well, took a home test at about 11 and it came back positive. I immediately called my coworker that I was almost certain gave it to me since the previous Saturday he got back from a vacation to Mexico, 6+ hours on a plane. I told him that I wasn't feeling good and took a home test and it came back positive, his response to me was...

"Yeah, I have been feeling under the weather for a couple days now"

WTF!! I kept calm but I was pissed, phone call would have been nice, like yesterday.

Seriously, it's one thing to get me sick, it's another to get my kid sick. If he would have called me Saturday morning I would have kicked the wife and kids out and sent them to my parents and we probably wouldn't be here in this situation now.

Bonehead move.

The irresponsibility and selfishness that people are displaying with regard to this virus is mind numbing to me. If you don’t feel good stay home. It doesn’t seem that complicated.

I could tell stories for days where someone didn’t feel well and came around myself, school functions, you name it.. then they go and test positive and think nothing of it.

if you don’t feel well stay home! If you were around someone that has it, then yes you have been exposed.. don’t go exposing everyone else

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The irresponsibility and selfishness that people are displaying with regard to this virus is mind numbing to me. If you don’t feel good stay home. It doesn’t seem that complicated.

I could tell stories for days where someone didn’t feel well and came around myself, school functions, you name it.. then they go and test positive and think nothing of it.

if you don’t feel well stay home! If you were around someone that has it, then yes you have been exposed.. don’t go exposing everyone else

X1000

Bear Down

Reaction score
I had felt crummy last week (I'm vaccinated) I knew it was a stomach issues I had, but I had a low grade fever and a nasty headache... i paid the $100 for a rapid covid testing by the house to make sure I didn't give it to family or co-workers while waiting for results with the standard free tests.. i was prepared to get a hotel room and shack up for a week... luckily inwas negative and followed up with a free test and confirmed it. Anyhoo... consideration is a huge key in the spread or not spreading

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score

I agree Dave. People still think this shit is fake and doesnt matter to them. Yes, its a crap shoot on how it affects people, but why risk it?

Stop spreading. Is a vacation or concert really worth this amount of pain to peoples families? Use some common sense.

My friends kids tested positive last week, and that same day I see them in “first dayof school “ pictures in social media. I go bro, wtf! He says, they feel fine. Are you serious?

I have personal stories where I can almost 100% trace an infection that indirectly killed someones family member. Even when confronted, Patient Zero doesnt even seem to be bothered.

4Waters

Reaction score
The thing that really sucks is my son has been waiting 2 years to play football again, 1st game is tomorrow and he can't play, now there's a possibility that he will miss game 2, if he doesn't test positive between now and next Saturday he can play. He's not taking that too well😔.

RCDave

Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. A co workers kid caught covid. But he kept coming into work saying, well I had a negative c19 test. A few days later he and his wife have covid.

NO DUH.....

Common sense isn't so common

Singleton

Reaction score

while I agree, if sick stay home or away from folks, it is getting harder to know when you are sick.
I have constant sinus issues (occurs whenever my body changes climates), no other issues. So should I be staying home?

Have a vaccinated friend that just tested positive with zero symptoms. Has to get tested for work weekly (even though he is vaxed). He has zero symptoms and had no idea until he was tested Wednesday for work. IMO, that is a problem.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I had felt crummy last week (I'm vaccinated) I knew it was a stomach issues I had, but I had a low grade fever and a nasty headache... i paid the $100 for a rapid covid testing by the house to make sure I didn't give it to family or co-workers while waiting for results with the standard free tests.. i was prepared to get a hotel room and shack up for a week... luckily inwas negative and followed up with a free test and confirmed it. Anyhoo... consideration is a huge key in the spread or not spreading

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
You felt it was ok to expose the hotel staff though ?

Bear Down

Reaction score
You felt it was ok to expose the hotel staff though ?
The plan was to have my wife get a Motel Room.... and leave the room open and I walk in and Veg out for the time needed... Didn't plan on chest bumping anyone or sitting poolside ordering cocktails and poolside nachos at the local motel 6. The bank account availability would have greatly limited my temporary bachelor options greatly. No other option to relocate 4 family members when everyone is back in school/work.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Hotels and staff are prepared for this and know how to deal with it, they expect people to get out of their house to protect their families.
I've been staying at a hotel 3 days a week for work the last few months in San Diego, after check in (which could be done from a distance) i have zero contact with staff for the duration. But, does the vid live after I'm gone?????

4Waters

Reaction score
I've been staying at a hotel 3 days a week for work the last few months in San Diego, after check in (which could be done from a distance) i have zero contact with staff for the duration. But, does the vid live after I'm gone?????
They say it survives on a surface for 3 hours or something like that (hours not days)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Now is the time that you should come on over for a home cooked meal at our house. Once you are covi
Tell me about it. My wife uses the smoke detector as a timer . She could burn water.

Funny....my wife is the same. A neighbor joked one day that the smoke detector went off. Oh, Gen was cooking. LOL When we first were cooking in a our remodeled kitchen I had the smoke detectors go off and Gen was so happy that I finally did it. THen I learned to use the range hood fan. LOL

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That's what my pulmonologist was telling me as well.

My wife (An RN that use to work Respiratory ICU at cedars) says to lay on your stomach. That's the best way to lay if you have covid and are having breathing issues. And lots and lots of fluids

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I never loss a sese of taste or smell. I had the metallic taste in water for a few days. My wife lost her sense of taste and smell.

The point I was making is that if you loose taste and smell it is Covid. I don't know of any other virus that a person looses their taste or smell?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I won't eat then, I can at least taste the spice a little. Wife made me a sandwich, took 2 bites and threw it away.

I was doing Hello Fresh for awhile. It definitely wasn't bad, but recently changed to Home Chef. Their meals are a tad better, and the instructions are Definitely better.

Would be perfect for your situation...

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
What are you talkin about, Wendy's is one of the fundamental food groups of the food pyramid, everybody knows that 🤣

oh, my mistake. Didn't know that. Only thing I know about Wendy's is that they use old burger patties for the meat in their chili.

<--- Never tried the chili.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
while I agree, if sick stay home or away from folks, it is getting harder to know when you are sick.
I have constant sinus issues (occurs whenever my body changes climates), no other issues. So should I be staying home?

Have a vaccinated friend that just tested positive with zero symptoms. Has to get tested for work weekly (even though he is vaxed). He has zero symptoms and had no idea until he was tested Wednesday for work. IMO, that is a problem.
I have said from day one that the injection would create asymptomatic super spreaders. This is one of the reason that we are seeing an up tick in cases.

Singleton

Reaction score
I have said from day one that the injection would create asymptomatic super spreaders. This is one of the reason that we are seeing an up tick in cases.

100% agree with that. But, if you try to discuss that datapoint you get blasted by those that think differently

EmpirE231

Reaction score
lol pump the brakes fellas.... this thing is gonna make its rounds. It's not IF, but when........ the quicker you realize that, and can live with it, the sooner life can continue without a constant state of fear.

when my wife got it, she was still trying to kiss on me, etc. I didn't really care...I didn't ban her to her room or quarantine her, she was still around the kids and I daily. I was in the "lets get this over with already" point. This was the end of December, week of Christmas- new years. My kids are in "in person" school (last year and this year)........am I not gonna hug them and kiss them because the fear that they might give me COVID? Anytime someone has a basic cold.... are we all gonna have panic attacks and tell them they should be home for 10 days? Most people don't even know they have this thing, unless they are ROCKED hard.... or lose the smell/taste..... otherwise, to MOST people.... it feels like a basic "cold"

Thankfully MOST people to this day still have very minor symptoms. If you are high risk... YOU should definitely take caution. If you are medium risk.... you gotta decided whether you want to hide out or live life........ at that point it is on you. I think if you knowingly have it, and go about not caring.... then that sucks, and you are an ahole. But if every time you have a little cough, you panic and get tested.... that is no way to live life.... you will prob die of a heart attack from the stress before covid ever gets you.

funny story, we were on a houseboat in lake Powell a few weeks ago.... 5 families. The one hardcore liberal family, that argued with me about how masks do work... and we should be vaccinated etc....... well they were the family that brought the one super sick kid, coughing his lungs out all over the boat / mild fever, wiping his snot everywhere, wouldn't cover his cough etc......pretty sure the little dude was a super spreader.... by the middle of the trip, his 2 sisters were coughing... one of my daughters was coughing and my sister in law was coughing. Pretty sure I had a little throat tickle for a day. Never thought about getting tested.... but who knows... maybe it was round 2 with the DELTA?

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

I'm with you on this.

I have year round allergies and Chronic sinusitis. I take bee pollen for it (which is a life saver), but if I stayed home every time I had cold like symptoms I'd never leave the house. I also get normal body aches and energy swings probably from my work outs and maybe from ageing.

Getting tested 5 days a week from feeling the same as I always have is unreasonable imo.

If the day comes where I feel sick beyond a common cold or loose taste and smell I'll stay home, but until then I'm doing what I do.

gqchris

Reaction score
I'm with you on this.

I have year round allergies and Chronic sinusitis. I take bee pollen for it (which is a life saver), but if I stayed home every time I had cold like symptoms I'd never leave the house. I also get normal body aches and energy swings probably from my work outs and maybe from ageing.

Getting tested 5 days a week from feeling the same as I always have is unreasonable imo.

If the day comes where I feel sick beyond a common cold or loose taste and smell I'll stay home, but until then I'm doing what I do.
This is what I use, real easy to find out if you are positive or not. Two Tests in a box. Any symptoms, test away and know.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I started feeling bad 8/14 and the next week had mild flu/cold symptoms and fatigue was the worst part. Tested positive 8/23 and today is the first day I feel almost normal. Thought the loss of taste/smell thing was overblown but it was 100% gone for me, actually tasted/felt the burn of the extra red pepper on my pizza today! No vaccine for me and have never had a flu shot, haven’t had the flu in years. Plan on getting tested again Monday.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
This is what I use, real easy to find out if you are positive or not. Two Tests in a box. Any symptoms, test away and know.

I'd be testing 3 or 4 times a week if I listened to so called experts. Not gonna happen but thanks. Maybe I'll pick one up in case the smell and taste symptom pops up.