WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Badenochs

LAKEMAN

Reaction score
Janice Herrick, the longtime owner along with her husband Bill passed away yesterday. Badenochs was the place to go to help ease that morning hangover with one of their legendary breakfast. Janice and Bill, who passed away several years back were two of the best people on the river and I have fond memories of pulling up a bar stool there. To me Parker was never quit the same after she closed down. If you are on the river and go by, give her a toast to the many memories you have of that place. Rest in Peace Janice.

Last edited:

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Miss that place. Anybody have a picture of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I remember going to Badenoch's a long time ago when my parents would stop there usually on the way to/from Havasu. RIP to them both

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When Badenochs closed down I was literally Devastated. Not just the amazing food, but having grown up in Parker it was just part of the experience. Bill fixed quite a few things for me over the years on the down low so my old man wouldn't find out. LOL. Both and and now Janice are missed but not forgotten.

RD

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Thanks Lynch, tresspased on your property to take pic. 👍

0CCCDE4E-DFF1-4FD3-928E-6358662EE8BF.jpeg

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I usually hate Bloody Marys but I don't think I had a breakfast at Badnocks without one. I thought there was a story here (RDP) about someone trying to reopen it a few years ago.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The floor as clean as the tables. I remember spending a few hrs there helping them re-felt the bar box.

Ice freaking cold beer. Just above the freeze line.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That really was my Favorite place for lunch. I glance that way every time I drive by, hoping someday it would reopen.

Always loved that place!

Thanks for all the great memories. 🍻

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Damn. I remember the last day myself and my 3 best friends ate breakfast and talked trash to each other there like it was yesterday. Even though I knew it would never reopen, I always had a glimmer of hope every time I drove by.
Final end to an amazing era. Thanks, Janice, for the memories.
Rest peacefully.

Hammer

Reaction score
Spent many of morning there with River Lynchmob and Riverbound. RIP Janice.

It was definitely a staple on the strip...

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We loved Badenochs. We ALWAYS made a stop there on our way out of town to have one last breakfast on the river.

Backlash

Reaction score
There was nothing better than water skiing down river first thing in the morning and smelling the aroma of their bacon! I've missed that place for sure! RIP Ms. Janice!

cofooter

Reaction score
RIP Janice. Best breakfast and nicest people on the River IMO. And those huge togo Mimosa's certainly got the little woman in the mood for a great day on the river if you know what I mean........

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I miss Badenochs a lot. It was clean and good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That was such a good place back then. The post says she just passed but then says they both passed away several years ago?

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Grew up going there everytime we went to Havasu. Loved that place

franky

Reaction score
That was such a good place back then. The post says she just passed but then says they both passed away several years ago?
You have to add the missing comma in your head. It all makes sense.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Used to stay a dozen or so houses up the street from Badenochs. We always walked down to get a great breakfast with a bloody Mary and try to recover for the new day. Truly miss being there.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Sure miss that place. I started going there when I was a teenager and then later in life would always take my kids there for breakfast on Sunday mornings whenever we were in Parker. RIP Janice and Bill. The river will never be the same without these 2 legends 😌

One2go

Reaction score
RIP .....Used to go there with my buddies uncle in the late 70 s when we were kids. Staying at Wheeler inn and seemingly everyone from the park would go up to play pool and drink in the afternoons. We would watch the flats come out in the afternoons and make passes.Probly why I had a flatbotom as soon as I could afford one.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Sorry to here anyone remember Sports Valley on the river?

I do. I was pretty young at the time, had to be in the early 1960's. We stayed at a place called the Califonian and a couple of the adults would take turns skiing down there and back. I was the little kid observer sitting in the back next to that screaming motor always wondering if it was gonna blow up and take me out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sad to loose a river icon.😔
Can someone phonetically tell me how the name was pronounced for me? I've always wondered about that.

rivergames

Reaction score
Always grubbed at Badenochs just about every trip to the river. Deeply missed spot. Rest Easy Janice :(

Sorry to here anyone remember Sports Valley on the river?

I grew up going to Sports Valley when I was a kid. I'd play in the arcade room or sleep under the pool table. My pops and uncle spent a lot of time in there playing the Horsies. I'll always remember the GREAT French Onion Soup!

Tommy Gun Images grabbed such a Bitchen shot years back of my old 20'!
1X7A5941.jpg

GETBOATS

Reaction score
We will always refer to the bend just up river as "Badenochs corner" A landmark for sure. sad to hear of here passing

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I rented a storage unit for many years from Bill and Janice….. RIP

Here is some trivia……. Badenoch’s was named after Boris Badenoch. Who was Boris Badenoch? He is a fictional character from the Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons (Boris & Natasha) Technically, his name is Badenov, but back then, they spelt it like it sounded….. Badenoch. I’ve always wondered which came first……. Badenochs or Road Runner, since both names play off of popular cartoons from the early days of television.

There were a couple of other places on the river named after cartoons, that no longer exist….. can you name them? (This is for the old school guys) Hint….. one was a burger place just outside the keys.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I rented a storage unit for many years from Bill and Janice….. RIP

Here is some trivia……. Badenoch’s was named after Boris Badenoch. Who was Boris Badenoch? He is a fictional character from the Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons (Boris & Natasha) Technically, his name is Badenov, but back then, they spelt it like it sounded….. Badenoch. I’ve always wondered which came first……. Badenochs or Road Runner, since both names play off of popular cartoons from the early days of television.

There were a couple of other places on the river named after cartoons, that no longer exist….. can you name them? (This is for the old school guys) Hint….. one was a burger place just outside the keys.

Whimpy's

cofooter

Reaction score
Sad to loose a river icon.😔
Can someone phonetically tell me how the name was pronounced for me? I've always wondered about that.
Bad - n- Knocks. Someones name, maybe original owners, don't know.

h2o225

Reaction score
Rip....Janice.
Badenochs was our daily lunch stop while on the river.