WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert bash 2021

cakemoto

Reaction score
13 days tickets on sale.I remember when RD said he was going to have a off-road poker run…. Maybe 2 more weeks😁
See you guys there

Attachments

• FEE26F86-3613-450D-8EB4-199A9258528C.png
    FEE26F86-3613-450D-8EB4-199A9258528C.png
    487.8 KB · Views: 167

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
13 days tickets on sale.I remember when RD said he was going to have a off-road poker run…. Maybe 2 more weeks😁
See you guys there

I said we were gonna have a couple off road trips! Still planning it! Want to do one down in Parker and set up a sort of scavenger hunt.. and I’d like to do one out at mesquite ranch! Possible trip to the cinders and some other places as well!

FYI we will be at desert bash for sure

riverroyal

Reaction score
Last years course was horrible. I said never again.
Does anyone know if its changed significantly?
50 miles of washes last year

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Probably the same course. You need shock work :)

To your point, a good rainstorm in early December is ideal.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Anyone planning on doing the UTV World Championships Poker run this year? They have not released details yet, but I expect it to be Oct 13 or 14. It was a lot of fun last year. Was the same course as Desert Bash.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Scavenger hunt.
So waaaay back in the day a magazine used to put on an “Easter Egg Hunt”.
It would start with a airplane flying in a specific area of the desert. It had 100 deli type containers, you remember those paper ones used to get miso soup in, 90 were painted green, 10 painted pink. Everybody watch this airplane make its laps throwing out these contain. Then you would line up like Hare and Hound desert race. Ready, go, and everybody would take off and look for these containers.
So my dad being my dad, found a pink one.
He won a motorcycle. One of the first Kawasaki in the U.S. They were so new he went to dealers trying to trade it in on another bike and no one would take it because they never heard of Komawasalki’s before.
I realize you’re not going to throw stuff out of an airplane but the concept is the same.

cakemoto

Reaction score
OK better suspension I didn’t feel nothing

cakemoto

Reaction score
Anyone planning on doing the UTV World Championships Poker run this year? They have not released details yet, but I expect it to be Oct 13 or 14. It was a lot of fun last year. Was the same course as Desert Bash.
Was still warm last year.If it’s that week and I definitely can’t my son’s birthday is that weekend but I might be interested.I’m gonna be getting the car ready for glamis very shortly after that

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here’s a course…..

Start….. Osborn Wash

Breakfast……. Bouse

Lunch……. Quartzsite

Finish……. Desert Bar

There are too many routes to count, but this is a basic outline……. It’s a long haul from Quatzsite to DB, but doable and interesting. I’ll admit it’s been a while since I did this run, but how much can a desert change?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Was still warm last year.If it’s that week and I definitely can’t my son’s birthday is that weekend but I might be interested.I’m gonna be getting the car ready for glamis very shortly after that

It was a good day, we made a guys trip out of it. It was a little warm but we were done with the Poker Run by lunchtime, went home, showered, had a couple drinks then piled in the boat and were on the lake until sunset.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
I think im out. 4 years in a row. Last years course was ridiculous.
Stop with the "you need shock work"
If im going to drive in washes all day i dont need to pay someone.
It sucked, sorry.
The company and people were great, other than the few that think theres a trophy for passing.

Good news is all the other trails that day will be empty.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think im out. 4 years in a row. Last years course was ridiculous.
Stop with the "you need shock work"
If im going to drive in washes all day i dont need to pay someone.
It sucked, sorry.
The company and people were great, other than the few that think theres a trophy for passing.

Good news is all the other trails that day will be empty.

Ok, you need a Speed Car then. 🤣

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If you don’t have Parker Pumpers for the start in the wash, expect to exit the wash with 10lbs of shit in your lungs. Then you’ll get on the trails and get stuck behind people thinking they are rock crawling on 3” rocks at half a mile per hour.

Sorry but it’s too many people and miserable if you ask me. I’ve done it three times and every time I say never again. Same with the one in Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Signed up.
If you don’t have Parker Pumpers for the start in the wash, expect to exit the wash with 10lbs of shit in your lungs. Then you’ll get on the trails and get stuck behind people thinking they are rock crawling on 3” rocks at half a mile per hour.

Sorry but it’s too many people and miserable if you ask me. I’ve done it three times and every time I say never again. Same with the one in Parker.

Horn and a bump usually gets them to move

Reactions: DLC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
175 tickets left as of 11:00 am
53 camping spaces left

I will be camping but not going to pay for if. Who else is camping? Not in there campgrounds

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

I've done it the last 4 years I've never seen you. Maybe you're doing it wrong 🤔 lol.
We are the last to leave, you know @RiverDave style. Ride a little stop grab a drink. Fun times

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I've done it the last 4 years I've never seen you. Maybe you're doing it wrong 🤔 lol.
We are the last to leave, you know @RiverDave style. Ride a little stop grab a drink. Fun times
We just leave in the first couple groups. There is some dust in the first leg usually until everyone spreads out.. then it isn't much of a problem.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Dust last year was minimal. Super windy, dust wasnt bad. We last and lounged at card stop 1.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Becauses theres a trophy with a big dick on it at the finish for winning
No becasue people are clueless and don’t realize someone is going 20 mph faster than them. Pull over let us by continue on your way. It’s that simple

riverroyal

Reaction score
You do realize its just a poker run and 95% are out for nice cruise. Do you not line up in the 1st group? Maybe get out of the card stops quick to stay out front.
I think you like to pass guys, which is fine. But not paying attention to a guy going 20mph faster is actualy your issue not theirs.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You do realize its just a poker run and 95% are out for nice cruise. Do you not line up in the 1st group? Maybe get out of the card stops quick to stay out front.
I think you like to pass guys, which is fine. But not paying attention to a guy going 20mph faster is actualy your issue not theirs.

That is like saying its your fault the guy in front of you in the Prius is going 45 in the fast lane on the freeway.

They can go whatever speed they want, but check your mirrors, listen for a horn, and pull over for faster traffic, that's all.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Correct, that’s why I use the horn to let them know I am there and to find a safe spot to pull over so I can go by