WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California non-compliant semis...

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
There was a thread on here about guys thinking of using them to tow their boats, and I'm not able to find it.

Are there non-CA-compliant trucks that could be bought for out of state use? Literally asking for a friend... :)

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
There is a mileage exemption (5k a year?) that you can apply for on non CA Legal trucks... otherwise, illegal is illegal, registering it private doesn't help.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Only illegal if registered in California?

Sure... but you open up a completely different can of worms with registration in other states being used here. You might aim to fuck the smog guy... but the tax man may end up doing the fucking in the end!

fmo24

Reaction score
Sure... but you open up a completely different can of worms with registration in other states being used here. You might aim to fuck the smog guy... but the tax man may end up doing the fucking in the end!
I believe @HydroSkreamin is Midwest. I’m sure lots of good deals on aging out Ca trucks

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I believe @HydroSkreamin is Midwest. I’m sure lots of good deals on aging out Ca trucks

Not from what I am seeing in c4500 crew cabs... Prices in CA are still higher than Texas for similar miles/ equipment. Not as bad as it used to be, but it's not a fire sale either.

fmo24

Reaction score
Not from what I am seeing in c4500 crew cabs... Prices in CA are still higher than Texas for similar miles/ equipment. Not as bad as it used to be, but it's not a fire sale either.
My brain went to heavy trucks. Have a buddy with dumps and tractors he can not use in Ca any longer so I was thinking along those lines.

dspracing

Reaction score
We had to remove two trucks from our fleet. Figured people would be snatching them up. ended up selling for pennies on the dollar. One went to a farm up north and the other went to the Bahamas.

Mikes56

Reaction score
Theres a black guy that delivers firewood to your campsite in California City. He has a F650 that he uses to haul a huge trailer full of firewood. The last time there he was moving his business to Nevada because he couldn’t register the F650 in CA any longer. It pissed me off, this guy works his ass off to make a living and CA is fucking him.

WYRD

Reaction score
I lost two units for my business as well. Sold for half of the value they should have gone for and ended up purchasing a newer replacement for 20% more then it should have cost. 🖕 CA

Vote YES on September 14th!

HBCraig

Reaction score
It's Carb. I.e., California Air Resource Board

They refuse to allow any of my used mobile cranes into CA. Even if you bought from me last money and want to bring it in, they won't allow it. Its crazy

• Angry
Reactions: DWC

welldigger00

Reaction score
This is the reason I am no longer a business owner, and now an employee. Wiped me out, my entire fleet. I sold all my gear a year and a half ago, and now I punch a clock. Fucking gangsters. No way was I going I debt again like I did 25 years ago like I did the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@HydroSkreamin , lots of heavies sold out here in AZ for cheap, ss they get aged out of Cali. The C4500's and such still draw a good number though as a lot of those buyers are toy people, and may have an address out of state. As a whole though, working type trucks seem to be had fairly cheap. You can find a few good deals in Craigslist in Phoenix, Yuma and Tucson...some of those trucks will be moved to Mexico as well.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
My buddy hauls logs in WI, and he’d like to add a 3rd truck to his fleet, and if they’re illegal in CA but legal in WI, he should be considering a search for a CA truck that can no longer be licensed there.

If anyone has a link to stuff like this for sale, I’d pass it on to him.

I truly feel for you guys that were driven out of business by your government. That’s just asinine.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My buddy hauls logs in WI, and he’d like to add a 3rd truck to his fleet, and if they’re illegal in CA but legal in WI, he should be considering a search for a CA truck that can no longer be licensed there.

If anyone has a link to stuff like this for sale, I’d pass it on to him.

I truly feel for you guys that were driven out of business by your government. That’s just asinine.
Is he looking for a daycab or a sleeper, and the next question, 2 or 3 axle? I don't have any idea about what logging trucks are setup like there. It seems here, the logging trucks look like hay haul retirees...single axle daycabs on their last leg :oops:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Is he looking for a daycab or a sleeper, and the next question, 2 or 3 axle? I don't have any idea about what logging trucks are setup like there. It seems here, the logging trucks look like hay haul retirees...single axle daycabs on their last leg :oops:
2-axle, preferably able to lock the second axle, and no sleeper preferred, but if the right truck came along, I don’t think it would be a deal breaker. He’s looking to possibly do out of state hauls with beer, cheese, and produce, so a sleeper would come in handy for that.

Logging trucks around here have to be able to deal with mud and snow, plus be able to haul 2-3 loads per day, running 500-600 miles a day.

Due to them being used exclusively for logging, they can generally run a bit heavier than normal as well. His primary truck is legal for 98,000, the secondary truck is legal for 90,000. The 90,000 truck can run the interstate, so it gets to the mill quicker.

Last edited:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Soooo….anyone able to share a contact or truck dealer that might have some of the non-compliant trucks available for out of state purchase?

Would appreciate any links or business recommendations.

Thanks!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd probably start out with Pacifitrux...that's how they spell it. They're in Long Beach.
There was a yard in Fontana my friend used, but can't remember the name...lots of truck sales and service yards in Fontana.