WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Just listened to the end of that episode, wondering what Robby is referring to about the Artic Cat being a personal embarrassment to him?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Just listened to the end of that episode, wondering what Robby is referring to about the Artic Cat being a personal embarrassment to him?

It's a failure in the market place and they wouldn't let him take the car to the level he wanted to.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
How about a bet on if they announce delivery dates at Sand Sports?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bet you it doesn’t come by November. See how that works. I asked for a bet on a time you specifically quoted. Then you asked for more time. You re not very good at this.

Sounds like you just can’t afford to lose any money 😉.

I said by (meaning before) Feb 1 which would be anytime in the month of Jan 2022, which is what I stated when you asked initially. I can’t make it any clearer than that. Everyone but you and Looking Glass seems to see that.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It's a failure in the market place and they wouldn't let him take the car to the level he wanted to.

Exactly. Robby had an entire design, Textron took it and bean countered it in the boardroom to death. They thought there was no market for a turbo car and none for a 4 seater. I believe RG said he has more committed sales for Speed 4 seaters than Textron even made in Wildcat XXs to date.

DLC

Reaction score
Just in case you gamblers need some data!

7DE27214-8F93-410F-A3F8-A61416B59328.png
F4693846-FA58-403A-AB97-CF789D2A4246.png

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How about a bet on if they announce delivery dates at Sand Sports?

I’d be interested to see if they would commit to that. They keep saying 60-90 days from when they push the “Go” button on the assembly line. I assume they are going to be testing these production cars out here in Havasu until around UTV world Championship time... that is about 3-4 weeks of testing between the sand show and UTVWC. If they said “Go” around UTVWC, that puts delivery on the low side mid Dec, and the high side mid Jan.

Reactions: DLC

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I’d be interested to see if they would commit to that. They keep saying 60-90 days from when they push the “Go” button on the assembly line. I assume they are going to be testing these production cars out here in Havasu until around UTV world Championship time... that is about 3-4 weeks of testing between the sand show and UTVWC. If they said “Go” around UTVWC, that puts delivery on the low side mid Dec, and the high side mid Jan.

I think that if they don't announce a delivery schedule at Sand Sports they are going to get really hammered by the general public and deposit holder's. That said, I don't think they are going to commit to Jack Shit for delivery dates at the show.

My master number is 762 and I was really looking forward to offroading all winter in Havasu. I think I'm going to have to settle for three months at the end of the season.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

basically one of the best cars out there (which you own). Sucks compared to this.. is what he was saying

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bet you it doesn’t come by November. See how that works. I asked for a bet on a time you specifically quoted. Then you asked for more time. You re not very good at this.

i normally agree with most of what ya say..

you threw a bet.. he threw another. You can either agree or don’t.

he didn’t ask for more time he made a different proposition.

Singleton

Reaction score

It sounds like he is getting hammered by the same questions over and over again and finally broke during a live session. His communications director needs to get control over this, or RG will explode on someone during the Sand Show and be recorded live yelling at someone. We all know everyone will be asking the same question if they don’t release a target production start date at the show.

I just had similar conversation with one of my developers working on a proof of concept for a customer. Told the developer when I ask you 6 times over a 3 weeks period for a status update and you don’t respond this is the result (EIP was created with HR and I might of yelled at the developer as well). Told the team member the way you could of avoided this was saying “I don’t have an update, I am pending feedback from the customer and the customer point of contact is out of the office until Sept 10.”

Same goes for RG, he has no new info on when production will start. He wants it to start ASAP as well. He just needs to say, “we are going to test the pre-production units for X weeks and if all goes well production will start a few weeks after testing has been completed. If we find any issues in testing, then everything gets pushed while those issues are resolved and retested and I can’t give any specifics until the first round testing has finished.”

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cool update tonight on parts and the race car builds for the Sand Show next week.

They got in a ton of production parts to put on the race cars. The parts are showing look really good. The CV cover and bracing system looks bad ass. - Full cast aluminum CV covers with quick release latches. Integrated clutch support bearings tying both clutches together, cast in provision to add a cooling fan (fits same fan that is on the radiators). You’ll need gloves to change a belt though, that thing will be warm!

All the suspension hardware is 19mm / 3/4” except the rear trailing arm bolts, and there are only like half a dozen different bolt lengths that hold everything on.

No they are not using Dodge truck light switches, they have their own. Car will be keyless start with a fob and a push button. There will be the 300 HP key, a regular key and each has a valet mode.

Looking forward to next Friday night when they pull the covers off these things at the show.

702sandman

Reaction score
Cool update tonight on parts and the race car builds for the Sand Show next week.

They got in a ton of production parts to put on the race cars. The parts are showing look really good. The CV cover and bracing system looks bad ass. - Full cast aluminum CV covers with quick release latches. Integrated clutch support bearings tying both clutches together, cast in provision to add a cooling fan (fits same fan that is on the radiators). You’ll need gloves to change a belt though, that thing will be warm!

All the suspension hardware is 19mm / 3/4” except the rear trailing arm bolts, and there are only like half a dozen different bolt lengths that hold everything on.

No they are not using Dodge truck light switches, they have their own. Car will be keyless start with a fob and a push button. There will be the 300 HP key, a regular key and each has a valet mode.

Looking forward to next Friday night when they pull the covers off these things at the show.

just out of curiosity has he raced these cars at all ? We run the full BITD series , world championships, the mint , and each car he has been in during the last at least 2 years hasn’t done to well ? So I was wondering if those were arctic cats or these speed cars. I know Todd has ran cars in Baja as well but not sure what cars they are.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
just out of curiosity has he raced these cars at all ? We run the full BITD series , world championships, the mint , and each car he has been in during the last at least 2 years hasn’t done to well ? So I was wondering if those were arctic cats or these speed cars. I know Todd has ran cars in Baja as well but not sure what cars they are.

No they haven’t raced them yet. New car will race at UTVWC next month though. They have been racing their Wildcats this whole time.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Have they done the national safety institute stuff yet? Dont you need this to get insurance or even buy one?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Have they done the national safety institute stuff yet? Dont you need this to get insurance or even buy one?

I believe they have done all the rollover testing, yes. That was talked about awhile back that the testing would be done.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I picked up another one yesterday.. the number is in the low 2,000’s, but it was zero mark up.

Out of curiosity, what’s your plan with them? Take delivery and resell? Or just sell for profit now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what’s your plan with them? Take delivery and resell? Or just sell for profit now?

These will be worth much more when they come out vs. selling the spot for a couple grand.

No waiting for it, no dealer markups, no setup feels, and a sales tax free sale to the new owner if they keep it registered in AZ.

JayBreww

Reaction score
These will be worth much more when they come out vs. selling the spot for a couple grand.

No waiting for it, no dealer markups, no setup feels, and a sales tax free sale to the new owner if they keep it registered in AZ.

Smart, good luck!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

Until I make you an offer you can't refuse for your spot...

riverroyal

Reaction score
That’s all speculation. What if the brand new unproven motor grenades? What if the dealer network turns out crappy?

all of speed is a risk.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That’s all speculation. What if the brand new unproven motor grenades? What if the dealer network turns out crappy?

all of speed is a risk.

I can sell 2 of my spots for 5-10k more than I paid for them.. pretty risky.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have spot 113 and 326 & now 2000 something..

My plan is to take delivery of 113 and check it out from top to bottom. I will make my decisions after I get it..

Realistically though I will probably sell it for 15-18k over.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

My plan is to take delivery of 113 and check it out from top to bottom. I will make my decisions after I get it..

15-18k? That seems far fetched. So that’s a 58k SxS?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
15-18k? That seems far fetched. So that’s a 58k SxS?

How so? The $32K car is now $38K. That is $6K right off the jump. Now add in setup, taxes and other fees and ADM you'd have to pay at a dealer. And then you are getting it now instead of waiting. I can't count the number of people that would pay $5K just to have something now instead of waiting.

That $32K car will go for $45K. Then add in options.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

all of speed is a risk.

Dealer network is fully seeded with the mother ship in OC and Havasu. If the motor grenades, that is what the warranty is for. I wouldn't expect tons of parts to be hanging around initially, but that said, Havasu is going to be your best bet to get parts and service.

We are back to page one. Are they gonna have dumb little problems? Of course which SXS does not? People here routinely by $60K+ travel trailers that sit at the dealer more than they use them and they just accept it. :)

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A few folks are selling at cost in the speed FB - they don’t want to wait another year. Lower spots are selling anywhere from 5-8k over cost.

And that is right now.. When deliveries begin that markup figure will double.

Singleton

Reaction score
Dealer network is fully seeded with the mother ship in OC and Havasu. If the motor grenades, that is what the warranty is for. I wouldn't expect tons of parts to be hanging around initially, but that said, Havasu is going to be your best bet to get parts and service.

We are back to page one. Are they gonna have dumb little problems? Of course which SXS does not? People here routinely by $60K+ travel trailers that sit at the dealer more than they use them and they just accept it. :)

Mothership in Havasu has had zero work done! Any work down on the OC location.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Pretty much what I plan on doing with #497.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Im not sure you have seen the hasting building lately. Not much action.
Coyne is solid

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Mothership in Havasu has had zero work done! Any work down on the OC location.

Yep it has been pretty quiet, I really don't expect to see anything much going on there until they announce production. at the end of the day, I know going in that if it needs big parts or service for the first few months, it is gonna be a waiting game. These guys are gonna be focused on delivering the first 3 batches of cars at a minimum. I can do all the break in service myself.

The OC location is RG's shop in Anaheim.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Im not sure you have seen the hasting building lately. Not much action.
Coyne is solid

I've seen it. See my post above, I'm sure there are going to be gaps, that is why there was a discount for getting on board early.

That said I've been in the best SXS shops in town in Havasu... they are just tools and a couple lifts. It is not going to take much to get the place into "useable" condition as a showroom or service center.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Id go stand at the speed booth next week and listen....then sell a few there. Drive home 10k richer

Why when I can get more than that out of the first car?

Honestly I haven’t even decided If I want to sell it or keep it. I miss my can am something fierce.. not sure I want to run this RZR for another season. RZR is nice but it’s hard coming out of a 50k into a 24k RZR…. Much different cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.