WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cross country trip....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Thought I would add a bit about my visit with another solo traveler the other night.

Stayed at the Tractor Museum Sunday night via Harvest Host again. When I checked in the volunteers were both in their late 80's. You are suggested to spend $20. as I have stated previously. I was going to get a shirt but they did not have one any bigger than a L which isn't going to cut it. So.....I grabbed 3 popcorn balls and gave them $20. They wanted to give me change ($2. per) and I declined. They were so happy for the donation. We talked a bit and they were again fascinated with my decisions in life. As the others I met here they really haven't been anywhere else. Grew up here and stayed. The town is only 700 people. We laughed and we all appreciated the interaction. They don't really get a lot of people stopping by and I think some of them do it just for the social interaction. I told them I already had a walk thru of all of it and they said I could have the run of the place.....go where ever I wanted to. I told them to consider myself their on site security dog for the night.

I disconnected and ran the truck over to fill up with diesel as it was 2.99 per gallon. In the back of the gas station they had a truck stop BBQ, restaurant with a bar and some slot machines. It caters to the truck drivers but locals were in there. Not really a wide choice of eating places in their small town. I went ahead and ordered a brisket sandwich and had a cold beer. I think the place was called Bittys.....It was OK and I was starving so I wolfed it down. I then headed back to the museum.

When I got back there was another newer, smaller trailer behind my rig. It was a lady named Bonnie from Minnesota and she came over and introduced herself. She travels solo also but not full time and not the distances I have been traveling. She was on her way to Raid City to visit some friends for a while. We had some small talk and she was very engaging and pleasant. Most Minnesotans are....lol

I hooked up the truck and changed into some shorts and a t-shirt and grabbed a beer and Roxy and went out to sit on the picnic table gazebo deal they have there. Bonnie comes over and has a wine cooler and we start talking. She is completely sick of the political environment in MN and talked about her daughter who works in a Bio lab and is dogging her to get a vaccine and wear a mask. Her daughter sounds like a nightmare. She told Bonnie that when she gets vaccinated she can have the kids visit her. Bonnie is anti-vax and doesn't wear a mask. She seemed pretty versed in all the controversy surrounding vaccines, C19, political environment, masks, etc. She has no respect for Biden etc. All of this conversation just flowed naturally and none of it was forced or anything like that. Another Patriot met along the way. She wasn't anywhere near the type of woman I would be attracted to but really enjoyed talking to her. I told her I would be out early in the AM and hope I don't wake her. She said no worries. Said our good byes and hit the sack.

Nice stop over for sure......I enjoy the conversations along the way. Now, if I could only find that fine ass woman like that along the route I would be set.....lol

Hunkered down in IA now before proceeding to FL. My path will be thru areas that will get a lot of rain etc from the hurricane. Want to give it a chance to settle down before proceeding.

And so it goes :)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Not sure what your route is looking like, my travels from IA to FL usually took me down the avenue of the saints toward STL. There’s a state park down in SE Iowa I’ve stayed at a few times

I haven’t been there since they renovated, I recommend site 30, your rig should fit. They used to be 30 amp sites but I think they upgraded everything last year when they updated the place.

20B77674-7962-4905-BEBA-73A189A1B936.jpeg
1F9864F5-932D-4F48-813B-DD3DC70640AD.jpeg

Attachments

• FBE64742-99A6-4B28-B8FA-8043F0A04551.jpeg
    FBE64742-99A6-4B28-B8FA-8043F0A04551.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 45

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Not sure what your route is looking like, my travels from IA to FL usually took me down the avenue of the saints toward STL. There’s a state park down in SE Iowa I’ve stayed at a few times

I haven’t been there since they renovated, I recommend site 30, your rig should fit. They used to be 30 amp sites but I think they upgraded everything last year when they updated the place.

View attachment 1044205 View attachment 1044210

Looks like a cool place. I try to fade far away from any cities. I will put it in my GPS so if it is close by a stop area for me I will head on in.

Thanks for the info

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So staying here via HH and picked up some more moonshine. This is located right off the 40 in Jackson TN. Friendly folks and told me to let Roxy have the run of the place.

another RV is here…a younger couple with a small girl. They are from Hollister CA so we talked about whats going on there. I know hollister very well growing up in the Monterey Bay and been to many July 4th Harley Runs there. Hollister is well known for this run and is in the HAs back yard so it is kind of their deal. Lots of Top Hatters and HA in attendance when it is held. Small world.

pics from today

thats the Mississippi and Memphis. Sorry…not the best pics ;(

last few pics are Roxy and I hanging out on the front patio after closing with the sun getting ready to go down. Nice pleasant night at about 80 degrees right now.
6513B11D-A00A-4B97-BE9E-42443C752434.jpeg
6513B11D-A00A-4B97-BE9E-42443C752434.jpeg
5ABE43FF-8B62-4E69-BE9D-4950102C01DF.jpeg
78E21518-59F9-4162-A60B-AF29AA971731.jpeg
9180EB3D-3EA1-430A-B358-0D1F7CAE9836.jpeg
F2A4F94E-9DE1-442E-8AEC-5A04BA98506E.jpeg

Last edited:

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Are you going to ride Tail of the Dragon while in Tennessee?

sirbob

Reaction score
So staying here via HH and picked up some more moonshine. This is located right off the 40 in Jackson TN. Friendly folks and told me to let Roxy have the run of the place.

another RV is here…a younger couple with a small girl. They are from Hollister CA so we talked about whats going on there. I know hollister very well growing up in the Monterey Bay and been to many July 4th Harley Runs there. Hollister is well known for this run and is in the HAs back yard so it is kind of their deal. Lots of Top Hatters and HA in attendance when it is held. Small world.

pics from today

thats the Mississippi and Memphis. Sorry…not the best pics ;(

last few pics are Roxy and I hanging out on the front patio after closing with the sun getting ready to go down. Nice pleasant night at about 80 degrees right now. View attachment 1047015 View attachment 1047015 View attachment 1047017 View attachment 1047018 View attachment 1047019 View attachment 1047020

It sounds like you blew through Memphis but that Bass Pro Shop is their flagship store.

It has a hotel inside with pontoons and bass boats in the water / all inside that building. They also have one of the coolest gun museums on the second floor. I used to go to that town for work and would always go there and hang out rather than sit in my hotel room.

It looks like a good time to start heading to FL now that fall is coming!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It sounds like you blew through Memphis but that Bass Pro Shop is their flagship store.

It has a hotel inside with pontoons and bass boats in the water / all inside that building. They also have one of the coolest gun museums on the second floor. I used to go to that town for work and would always go there and hang out rather than sit in my hotel room.

It looks like a good time to start heading to FL now that fall is coming!

ya…It was about point A to B yesterday. The drive from Jackson TN to NC was absolutely beautiful. Well except for the pass thru Chattanoga.

interesting couple next to me at the farm in NC. Bikers that are coming back from an opening party in Vermont for a chapter just opened up there. They are based out of FL and we chatted about all sorts of stuff. The wife is a critical care nurse and loves Desamtis as their governor. They are both vaccinated but states its a personal decision but people with other issues should probably get vac but whatever.

today is cleanup and laundry day for me.

its friggin cold this AM. Almost had to put the heater on.

pics later

Taboma

Reaction score
Couple of pics of the fog this AM. Havent seen much of this since I moved from Monterey a longggg ass time ago

What did this farm produce for sale ? Seems the other HH stops included some type of business or store.
Sure enjoyed tagging along on this journey, thanks for taking the time to share. 👍 👍 👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
What did this farm produce for sale ? Seems the other HH stops included some type of business or store.
Sure enjoyed tagging along on this journey, thanks for taking the time to share. 👍 👍 👍

this one is beef. I had stayed here in late June I think. Their steaks are excellent. I am pretty sure I posted pics from here at that time.

Fog is all gone now. Going to be a great day.

laundry done, septic cleaned out and taking a few minutes before cleaning up the inside. Will just hang here today and maybe run to the local tavern for a late lunch.
F2DCDFDB-D9C0-41FF-B9CC-F6A4E1656374.jpeg
85B92F24-DF20-4573-9C0A-A0A6E9196F1B.jpeg

one more stop prior to getting to LuckyStrikes

Taboma

Reaction score
this one is beef. I had stayed here in late June I think. Their steaks are excellent. I am pretty sure I posted pics from here at that time.

Fog is all gone now. Going to be a great day.

laundry done, septic cleaned out and taking a few minutes before cleaning up the inside. Will just hang here today and maybe run to the local tavern for a late lunch. View attachment 1047533 View attachment 1047534

one more stop prior to getting to LuckyStrikes
Beautiful country, didn't realize it was that same location as before.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Incredible you guys find “Pumpkin Fine Cars” Franck Freon. Spend 5 minutes @ pumpkincars.com you would not want to deal anywhere else. No Doubt the guy has 100s of satisfied customers willing to pay what it takes to own fine automobiles.
Best Customer Service...Took care of shipping Door to Door Bought Sight Unseen only due to his reputation...Tags Title The Best..!!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Holy shit I was dragging today. From NC to FL which was almost 400 miles but google took me straight over the Appalachians or Smokies. Talk about white knuckles. YIKES. Tons of hairpin turns going down and up…down and up. Beautiful drive but…you really cant look too much or you will find yourself off the road immediately. This was literaly out of the box this AM. Set me up for a long ass day PLUS I lost an hour at that.

all good as this is where we are staying for the night. The owners just want you to enjoy their farm and says stay as long as you want. Very nice people thru Harvest Host. They dont want anything for staying but I am going to give them a nice bottle of champaign. The trees are are friggin awesome. The trim em up to about 20 feet into a canopy which is probably 50 feet high.
1AA09C58-C6E7-4CD8-910F-7B75B8627125.jpeg
7E6D892C-E87F-4123-A79B-17B31F98F915.jpeg
95CC18D1-3C81-4F5D-BCDF-CC5F14CA3432.png
FCD1F331-238A-43B6-BEEC-5A61006C1E2F.jpeg
D949CF38-D2BD-4C62-9FC9-026B6A16C63B.jpeg
EA013FF5-4CFF-448F-B161-BF2687BCECF2.jpeg
2DD6FF7B-45CE-4896-99E3-256442395BB2.jpeg

Tomorrow is a short 300 miles to LuckyStrikes.

here is where we are at

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Bought a few steaks. Bought them before and are from the animals on site. Very high quality

Last edited:

RichL

Reaction score
Holy shit I was dragging today. From NC to FL which was almost 400 miles but google took me straight over the Appalachians or Smokies. Talk about white knuckles. YIKES. Tons of hairpin turns going down and up…down and up. Beautiful drive but…you really cant look too much or you will find yourself off the road immediately. This was literaly out of the box this AM. Set me up for a long ass day PLUS I lost an hour at that.

all good as this is where we are staying for the night. The owners just want you to enjoy their farm and says stay as long as you want. Very nice people thru Harvest Host. They dont want anything for staying but I am going to give them a nice bottle of champaign. The trees are are friggin awesome. The trim em up to about 20 feet into a canopy which is probably 50 feet high.
View attachment 1048026 View attachment 1048027 View attachment 1048028 View attachment 1048030 View attachment 1048031 View attachment 1048032 View attachment 1048033

here is where we are at
Pic #1... The pup looks relieved the day's drive is over.
😄

RichL

Reaction score
lol. Ya…she was like…pushed it a little far for me today ;)

here the place is so big with nobody here she doesnt need to be leashed. She isnt a problem but I just always leash

here is one more in the same sequence of shots
View attachment 1048042
LOL. I met a Golden today. Belongs to newer member at our boat club. Pretty sure he and I are going to be good friends.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score

View attachment 1048026 View attachment 1048027 View attachment 1048028 View attachment 1048030 View attachment 1048031 View attachment 1048032 View attachment 1048033

here is where we are at
Like I said Try to make it by 1:00
I Got NFL And Rib eyes and Corn On The Fucking Cob...And Ice Cold BLs

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Like I said Try to make it by 1:00
I Got NFL And Rib eyes and Corn On The Fucking Cob...And Ice Cold BLs

going to try to get out of here by 7A. The ground is perfectly level so I didnt even have to unhook. Love this place.

will give an update when I am underway.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sitting at LuckyStrikes “Rehab Ranch Dog Pound RV Park” having BLs and watching some football.

here are a few pics of the new pup Shorty. He is fascinated with Roxy.

making himself comfortable on Roxys bed. Oh oh
35A08FA6-5164-4CFD-8EEC-94358DD0CF23.jpeg
D990AAA8-B7AA-458E-B0E6-2BC2E4D868BB.jpeg
6939663C-A303-46BF-BFA7-2C8502B023ED.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
LOl i just hear it in a gruff voice THIS OUR BED NOW :)

that little Jack is in heaven with these pups. They will keep him straightened out when needed. Lol

roxy is like “Come on dude”. Lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Holy shit. Being on the road without a home cooked meal for a while but AJ knocked it out of the park tonight. Friggin steak was awesome…I havent had a steak like that in a bit and I ate every morsel of that bitch.

sign me off fat and happy right now.

long day with a perfect ending.

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Holy shit. Being on the road without a home cooked me for a while but AJ knocked it out of the park tonight. Friggin steak was awesome…I havent had a steak like that in a bit and I ate every morsel of that bitch.

sign me off fat and happy right now.

long day with a perfect ending.

Glad you made it safe...keep me in the loop on how your deal goes while there and what your plans for TX and AZ are.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So....insurance decided they wanted me to have an MRI before they will authorize the new surgery. Found this out after 5 on Friday. May have to reschedule which is a non-starter for me.

So....the Doc steps in and calls me Saturday....asks how my drive is going and we have some small talk. After discussing whats going on he says don't worry about it....I will get this handled. Asks me to text him Monday (today) around 7:30A to remind him to get the MRI scheduled for today. Done and had my MRI at 1P today.

He then sends me a text later and tells me and AJ to come over and have some drinks with him. We grab and ice chest, jump in the gator and head over. We hang out for a while and talk about all sorts of stuff including vaccines, Fauchi, boating, etc. I told him I have an appt with him tomorrow at noon. He tells me to just come in at 10:15 and tell the girls to do an Xray on my knee and he will be in at 11 to go over everything. Tells me he will get this done Wed and will do the scope or another knee replacement after he looks over the MRI and Xrays. Do I have a preference??? I said well....no drinking tomorrow night before surgery.....lol I told him I will do whatever his recommendation is.

He then asks AJ if he wants his MAKO boat that he doesn't use. Has a trailer and all and honestly....it just needs a good cleaning up. AJ asks him seriously....how much would you want for it Doc. It would make a great little fishing boat around the river near AJs house. Don't know how that will all end up.

Can't ask for any more than what I am receiving from Doc Fifer. First class Doc and I have complete trust in his work.

Ready to get this done

Had another great dinner with AJ and Patty and winding down now.

Life is good

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
So....insurance decided they wanted me to have an MRI before they will authorize the new surgery. Found this out after 5 on Friday. May have to reschedule which is a non-starter for me.

So....the Doc steps in and calls me Saturday....asks how my drive is going and we have some small talk. After discussing whats going on he says don't worry about it....I will get this handled. Asks me to text him Monday (today) around 7:30A to remind him to get the MRI scheduled for today. Done and had my MRI at 1P today.

He then sends me a text later and tells me and AJ to come over and have some drinks with him. We grab and ice chest, jump in the gator and head over. We hang out for a while and talk about all sorts of stuff including vaccines, Fauchi, boating, etc. I told him I have an appt with him tomorrow at noon. He tells me to just come in at 10:15 and tell the girls to do an Xray on my knee and he will be in at 11 to go over everything. Tells me he will get this done Wed and will do the scope or another knee replacement after he looks over the MRI and Xrays. Do I have a preference??? I said well....no drinking tomorrow night before surgery.....lol I told him I will do whatever his recommendation is.

He then asks AJ if he wants his MAKO boat that he doesn't use. Has a trailer and all and honestly....it just needs a good cleaning up. AJ asks him seriously....how much would you want for it Doc. It would make a great little fishing boat around the river near AJs house. Don't know how that will all end up.

Can't ask for any more than what I am receiving from Doc Fifer. First class Doc and I have complete trust in his work.

Ready to get this done

Had another great dinner with AJ and Patty and winding down now.

Life is good
That is exactly how things are supposed to work!! The fruits of surrounding yourself with good people and treating people right.