WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a witness

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Everything makes more sense when you have all of the facts.

Also, insurance or not, a witness is always important. Your insurance doesn't want to pay either. You don't want to lose your deductible because you don't have a witness.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He has. That’s the problem. Every asshole on FB has chimed in, and of course done nothing but add their 2 cents to the events they know nothing about.

Posting shit on FB is like trying to heard cats in a rain storm..

I am wondering why Chad didn’t just post it on here? He used to post all the time.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I am wondering why Chad didn’t just post it on here? He used to post all the time.

It's a Catch 22... you post the whole story with all of the facts and people are like "Wow, are you a writer?" or "Too long, didn't read." Then they still say a bunch of dumb shit.

You post a few, quick sentences with pics and ask for a witness and everybody gives their opinion with 10% of the facts. I watched him giving more and more facts in the comments in response to off the mark opinions.

It happens here too but River Whips seems to have some of the lowest cognitive ability river goers. Don't get me wrong, it's a great, large group for trying find this or that. But you have to sift through the zombies to find it.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I had a similar experience at Havasu marina, tied up waiting for passengers and boat reverses hard in to my pontoon. Smashed the log and put a hole in it. Dude says sorry, buy you a beer later under the bridge…
I start taking pictures and call the cops, tell him he better not leave. Gives me his info, call my insurance and start claim. Pull the boat out of the water and go in to town, dude welds it up for $40. Go boating all weekend. Adjustor shows up couple days later, totals the boat. Little damage on other log when it got pushed against the dock. Buy salvage, boated for years like that.
People would ask why the log was smashed with a bullet hole in it.

Best of luck getting it resolved!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's a Catch 22... you post the whole story with all of the facts and people are like "Wow, are you a writer?" or "Too long, didn't read." Then they still say a bunch of dumb shit.

You post a few, quick sentences with pics and ask for a witness and everybody gives their opinion with 10% of the facts. I watched him giving more and more facts in the comments in response to off the mark opinions.

It happens here too but River Whips seems to have some of the lowest cognitive ability river goers. Don't get me wrong, it's a great, large group for trying find this or that. But you have to sift through the zombies to find it.

I was saying I don’t know why Dave (28Elim) started the thread instead of Chad (ibeplumbjng)

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I was saying I don’t know why Dave (28Elim) started the thread instead of Chad (ibeplumbjng)

Yeah, I was saying RW is great for finding a witness. It just becomes a part time job sifting through the BS. Maybe he wanted to keep his searching to one platform?

I think he posted on the RDP Facebook page?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Is he the one that started a call out thread about foxes or somewhere in Parker and a waitress, and then you called him out on what actually happened?

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Since there's a lot of specualtion going on here, I'll add mine;
It looks like the Velocity was hit on the right side.
If the Malibu owner says the Velocity was under way ... even at 1 mph, in a no wake zone ... he (Malibu owner) will say he had the right-of-way.
Takes a real piece of shit to do this... especially becasue this looks like a HARD hit.

Hopefully Velocity owner finds a wittness.

rrrr

Reaction score
I'd try escalating that with police, seems like doing a little investigative work (i.e. tracking them down and looking for visible damage based on your buddy's statement of the collision) would make perfect sense.

Exactly what I was thinking. You know, do some police work.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Isn't this what we pay insurance for?

You hand all the info to the insurance company, and they follow up from there? One look at the other boat would tell the whole story?

Why is a witness required?

I agree with you completely. However i'm just the messenger here trying to find out if anyone witnessed what happened.

He indicated that something like this had happened before, and his insurance company raised his rates substantially as a result. I don't know anymore about it. I've had 2 claims on mine in the last 4 years, and my rates are still the same. One of them was over 16k.

Mototrig

Reaction score
You would think insurance co adjustors would investigate, determine fault and make the at fault party's insurance pay up. Steve Wonder can see the at fault here.

Plenty an accident report had been written by LE after the fact. Ridiculous this did not happen. Maybe at fault is not insured?

Kinda the job they get paid to do. Call an Insurance Inspector for your own company. Raise the issue.

I've included my own insurance co in a Civil suit, and I've shitcanned insurance companies for less.

And we thought the Shitshow was done upon boat retrieval. Good luck.
I would get in contact with the LEO's superior and ask that the LEO determine who was at fault based on the damage and circumstances. That doesn't seem outrageous.
How can the Malibu operator claim that his boat didn't hit the Velocity boat if the Malibu has damage the same shape as the velocity....

I've seen CSI enough to know how to find a murder weapon LoL

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is he the one that started a call out thread about foxes or somewhere in Parker and a waitress, and then you called him out on what actually happened?

No I don’t think so?

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Ive been trying to remember my password and email I had this set up on for days. Ended up having it written down in a desk on a sticky note lol. Thank you for posting 28E. I don't want to put out too many details until we get this settled. I'm trying to be extremely careful with what I say in this situation. I'm happy to answer anything however. I have nothing to hide. I want to assure everyone that I am the victim here, having done nothing wrong. I was floating in the no wake, with my boat off, on the phone with my wife in our truck while she was in line for the ramp. I am not going to publicly elaborate more at this time. I don't need additional issues with this person. Police report was filed. I am attempting to work this out with the person involved, not trying to get rich or screw anyone. I want my boat fixed. I really just am looking for a witness to back up the truth. That is all.

Lol RD, I probably am going to change my password. At least that one I would be able to remember lmao.

And BHC Vic, yes I did have an issue with the waitress yeeeears ago. We both discussed the issue, apologized to each other and moved on like adults. Me and her have since been great with no issues for years. You live and learn, and one thing I have learned is that no matter how correct you might be, there are always people who will be against you or throw their opinion in to attempt to discredit you. I no longer ask for opinions very often, because whether or not you are asking for them, you will receive them regardless. Considering the amount and length of time that I have commented over the years and the fact that you remember that and brought it up is pretty mind-blowing. But it's all good. I have nothing to hide. I'm an open book. I don't have many issues with people or many enemies. I'd like to think that me and my wife are pretty decent, honest, hard working, law abiding citizens who really try to do the right thing all the time, and all we want is to have a good time on and off the water. Many of you know me personally. I resolve issues I have, I don't let them linger. And I don't want problems or drama.

Thanks for the support guys. It is greatly appreciated!!

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Ive been trying to remember my password and email I had this set up on for days. Ended up having it written down in a desk on a sticky note lol. Thank you for posting 28E. I don't want to put out too many details until we get this settled. I'm trying to be extremely careful with what I say in this situation. I'm happy to answer anything however. I have nothing to hide. I want to assure everyone that I am the victim here, having done nothing wrong. I was floating in the no wake, with my boat off, on the phone with my wife in our truck while she was in line for the ramp. I am not going to publicly elaborate more at this time. I don't need additional issues with this person. Police report was filed. I am attempting to work this out with the person involved, not trying to get rich or screw anyone. I want my boat fixed. I really just am looking for a witness to back up the truth. That is all.

Lol RD, I probably am going to change my password. At least that one I would be able to remember lmao.

And BHC Vic, yes I did have an issue with the waitress yeeeears ago. We both discussed the issue, apologized to each other and moved on like adults. Me and her have since been great with no issues for years. You live and learn, and one thing I have learned is that no matter how correct you might be, there are always people who will be against you or throw their opinion in to attempt to discredit you. I no longer ask for opinions very often, because whether or not you are asking for them, you will receive them regardless. Considering the amount and length of time that I have commented over the years and the fact that you remember that and brought it up is pretty mind-blowing. But it's all good. I have nothing to hide. I'm an open book. I don't have many issues with people or many enemies. I'd like to think that me and my wife are pretty decent, honest, hard working, law abiding citizens who really try to do the right thing all the time, and all we want is to have a good time on and off the water. Many of you know me personally. I resolve issues I have, I don't let them linger. And I don't want problems or drama.

Best of luck getting this resolved soon .

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Sorry I didn’t mean anything by it, I just have a really weird memory, and I remember things that i read. It comes in handy when I’m taking tests. I thinks it’s also why I hold grudges with people on here, so not always good. @RiverDave at least I know I’m not crazy

Raffit78

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud, maybe he was doing the same thing as you were at the no wake? On the phone trying to call his driver not paying attention both distracted and bang. Why wouldn’t you be at fault or Vice verse? Not trying to stir the pot, just wondering why it’s automatically his fault and sounds to me both of you can potentially be at fault?

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud, maybe he was doing the same thing as you were at the no wake? On the phone trying to call his driver not paying attention both distracted and bang. Why wouldn’t you be at fault or Vice verse? Not trying to stir the pot, just wondering why it’s automatically his fault and sounds to me both of you can potentially be at fault?
My boat was off. I was floating, not in the driver seat, boat not under power or moving. He was under power, and moving. I am the equivalent of a parked car in this situation. I am still only looking for witnesses. I really am trying to not say more publicly than I have to until this is resolved. I want unbiased witnesses, that is all I am in search of.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t mean anything by it, I just have a really weird memory, and I remember things that i read. It comes in handy when I’m taking tests. I thinks it’s also why I hold grudges with people on here, so not always good. @RiverDave at least I know I’m not crazy
All good brotha! 🤙

28Eliminator

Reaction score

clearly he was nailed straight in the side.. I don’t see how that could be Chad’s fault. Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

FishSniper

Reaction score
WHAT THE HELL Happened to honorable people? so many unethical and bullshit people out there now it never ceases to amaze me at how there are so many Pieces of Shit now around, everyday we hear more and more of this crap. Plain and simple all he had to do is go up to the boat owner and say Sorry I fucked up lets get this fixed, here is my insurance or all my personal info and DONE! The cost of Honor and Integrity is easily held if one wants it....the loss has become widespread and is a sad state of our world today....
Exactly and my guess is we can guess what side politically the offending POS is.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I'm with you on the point of looking for a witness because the cops said its his words vs. theirs but the fact that the cop's won't run the registration numbers (they are required for a reason) and put in some effort to even investigate it baffles me.
They’re only going to run the numbers if it’s some thing that they can generate revenue with like a violation, dui, etc. shitty but true. The same cops that told you no will be waiting for you to skip a step in your flip flop on your way to retrieve your truck/trailer the min you put the key in the ignition

poncho

Reaction score
My boat was off. I was floating, not in the driver seat, boat not under power or moving. He was under power, and moving. I am the equivalent of a parked car in this situation. I am still only looking for witnesses. I really am trying to not say more publicly than I have to until this is resolved. I want unbiased witnesses, that is all I am in search of.
The other night I saw a post about this on FB and some Girl replied that her and her party saw the whole thing and were willing to give statements, did that pan out for you?...I hope so.