WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

40 years of Metallica.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Yes, it's from 2019 and it's a live performance. Listen to this and tell me there isn't a truckload of talent here.

I seriously wish their would be more recognition for Kirk Hammett. Dude is really good not taking anything from the rest of the band members.

Dave Mustaine has a 1/2 dozen Metallica originals to his credit and happily for him he escaped and made a great self identifiable place for his talent mixed in with his love for being on TV Shows. Metallica has had its share of drama and Mustaine got to miss all that. Good for him.

I grew up moving between KROQ, KLOS, and KMET. I didn't listen to KNAC much until I was older and that stations time ran out on me.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The Miley thing was just fine and I can listen to it without breaking out in hives. Metallica fans are aging so I understand why. Don't forget they did the Gaga thing also. I liked that a ton less.

If the Beatles. Jimmy Buffett and Tom Petty get a channel. Metallica should. So should Zeppelin. I’d be fine alternating back and fourth between those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lasting through the end of September.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I seriously wish their would be more recognition for Kirk Hammett. Dude is really good not taking anything from the rest of the band members.

Dave Mustaine has a 1/2 dozen Metallica originals to his credit and happily for him he escaped and made a great self identifiable place for his talent mixed in with his love for being on TV Shows. Metallica has had its share of drama and Mustaine got to miss all that. Good for him.

I grew up moving between KROQ, KLOS, and KMET. I didn't listen to KNAC much until I was older and that stations time ran out on me.

One thing Mustaine didn’t get, is paid like Metallica.

His net worth ($20M) is 1/10th what Lars’ is ($350M), if net-worth sites are to be believed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Duramax

Reaction score
They lost me with the black album, however they are laughing all the way to the bank, on the other hand if I still paid for Sirius I probably give it a go to see if I could hear any of the songs that they cut from “not” them all, even though they were covers.
Black album really put them into the mainstream, although they were starting to soften. A buddy and I went to a Metallica/Godsmack concert years back and I don't think they played anything after Black, all old school, bad ass stuff. A ton of Kill em All, Master, Justice, and of course, Ride The Lightning.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Saw them close to 30 years ago at the LA Coliseum. I was my Nieces (and her friend’s) chaperone. They opened for Guns and Roses. They killed it. Made Guns and Roses look like an also played.

Had to have been around 92 or 93. Amazing how quickly time goes bye..