WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Palm Tree Removal

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Anyone on the board work for a palm tree farm? We have a couple palm trees that the previous home owner planted and they are starting to lift our walkway and I'm afraid they are going to start lifting the foundation to the house. Thought I would post here first.
I'll post up a couple of pics when I get home.
TIA

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
E35E653F-F974-4E85-BFED-DC6A2A5628E7.jpeg
724BAE35-9C11-457D-8EC0-C957FB8F445D.jpeg
38EF797B-0442-4A63-9894-19AFEA5054B6.jpeg

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Thats not good, they can come up through the garage floor, go through the sewer lines, and if you have post tension floors things could get really bad.
yep. Hoping I'm not too late.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
yep. Hoping I'm not too late.
You don't have a post tension garage floor but could still damage the concrete. Sewer could be a issue. I had to trim my palm tree away from my last house when I sold per the inspection because it was rubbing on the eaves.

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
Go rent a chain saw and cut it down and grind it. Pretty easy. I have to remove one of my palms this weekend. Told wife to call someone to do it. She just looked at me like REALLY??? I had to at least ask. Mine is a Queen palm about 25’ tall. I need to remove all my kings in back as they are too tall also

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Go rent a chain saw and cut it down and grind it. Pretty easy. I have to remove one of my palms this weekend. Told wife to call someone to do it. She just looked at me like REALLY??? I had to at least ask. Mine is a Queen palm about 25’ tall. I need to remove all my kings in back as they are to tall also

This will work. Once you cut the "head" off of a palm, it's dead. The roots will not continue to grow.

Taboma

Reaction score
Rats are going to be pissed when they lose their expressway to your roof. 😬

If you leave those stumps a few feet high, and make a level final cut, they make great pot stands. They won't grow anymore (As stated). When I cut a couple of mine down close to a walk and stairs, I left the trunks at about 3' tall. Put a 1" concrete cap on top, then sealed it and the truck with Thompsons. The concrete cap kept water from permeating and rotting the trunk, the Thompson's brought out a bit more color and now 11 years later, they're each still supporting two large but shallow succulent pots that hang like waterfalls.

Joker

Reaction score
Rats are going to be pissed when they lose their expressway to your roof. 😬

If you leave those stumps a few feet high, and make a level final cut, they make great pot stands. They won't grow anymore (As stated). When I cut a couple of mine down close to a walk and stairs, I left the trunks at about 3' tall. Put a 1" concrete cap on top, then sealed it and the truck with Thompsons. The concrete cap kept water from permeating and rotting the trunk, the Thompson's brought out a bit more color and now 11 years later, they're each still supporting two large but shallow succulent pots that hang like waterfalls.
EF17F8D6-C5DE-4184-9D90-A81DD3560CAD.jpeg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Rats are going to be pissed when they lose their expressway to your roof. [emoji51]

I didn’t know for the longest time that rats also nest up in untrimmed palms. Until we saw rats in the morning and evening running up down the palms our neighbors hadn’t trimmed in ten years. Thankfully after some persuasion they trimmed them a little. What a difference. No rats running over our feet in the back yard or my wife’s feet when she’s doing yard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
That should be a pretty penny....have some that may need it too eventually. Not near my foundation though. Last Mexican palm I had remove was like 4 or 500 bucks.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I had one cut down in the backyard that was a little ways from the pool. Left the stump about 6’ tall and found a guy in Riverside that will come out and carve it into a Tiki pole. Probably $500- $1000 bucks but I think it will be pretty cool.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I have 3 big ones to cut down too. I think the whole having someone come get them so they can resale isn’t a thing anymore. If you surf cl a lot of people are hopeful of the same thing.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
That should be a pretty penny....have some that may need it too eventually. Not near my foundation though. Last Mexican palm I had remove was like 4 or 500 bucks.

We have two by our pool that lifted surrounding concrete. Not to the coping or main structure of the pool so we chose to tear out the concrete and cut back the roots and try to detour how the roots spread. We will see.
500 a tree would of probably been cheaper in the long run but the little lady likes her palms (20 years on the making) so we tried this first.

Taboma

Reaction score
I had one cut down in the backyard that was a little ways from the pool. Left the stump about 6’ tall and found a guy in Riverside that will come out and carve it into a Tiki pole. Probably $500- $1000 bucks but I think it will be pretty cool.

I was going to give that a try, but my wife has some deep seated fear of Tiki God's 😂 Just to screw with her, I bought a small clay pot with a tiki god face on one side and a pineapple on the other. She always turns it so the pineapple is showing, so I turn it back around. 👹 😂

X Hoser

Reaction score
The expensive part of palm tree removal is the dump fees on the trunk rounds. I have always had my tree guy cut them up in 18” rounds and I throw 2-3 away in the trash each week until they are gone. Saves quite a bit in the cost.

4Waters

Reaction score
I didn’t know for the longest time that rats also nest up in untrimmed palms. Until we saw rats in the morning and evening running up down the palms our neighbors hadn’t trimmed in ten years. Thankfully after some persuasion they trimmed them a little. What a difference. No rats running over our feet in the back yard or my wife’s feet when she’s doing yard work

Rats also nest in these

images (1).jpeg

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
The expensive part of palm tree removal is the dump fees on the trunk rounds. I have always had my tree guy cut them up in 18” rounds and I throw 2-3 away in the trash each week until they are gone. Saves quite a bit in the cost.

This because they can’t go to green waste they’re considered trash.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Anyone on the board work for a palm tree farm? We have a couple palm trees that the previous home owner planted and they are starting to lift our walkway and I'm afraid they are going to start lifting the foundation to the house. Thought I would post here first.
I'll post up a couple of pics when I get home.
TIA
There is a place in Chino, south of the airport on Kimball, east of Euclid. I tried looking them up, but couldn’t find anything. I don’t know anything about them, but it might be worth checking out.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
There is a place in Chino, south of the airport on Kimball, east of Euclid. I tried looking them up, but couldn’t find anything. I don’t know anything about them, but it might be worth checking out.
I’ll be in that area tomorrow, I’ll look for them.
Thanks

Icky

Reaction score
My neighbor here in Rancho Cucamonga had one cut down for about 500, and they left the stump. He pulled it himself since it was wrapped around his water line

KevinR

Reaction score
I thought mature Palms were a tree in good demand? What about extracting it and selling it?

Dumb question?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
While I find that absolutely beautiful...damn I'd hate your tree bill lol I bitch about our 11 in Havasu 🤣
I pay my guy $500 every spring to trim them and haul it all away. I reality I should have it done twice a year as once is pushing it. I don't know how he makes any $$ on the job...