WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat seat problem....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
whats the fix here???? how do you stop them from flying out going down the freeway...or across the lake???

fmo24

Reaction score
LOL other than adding a strap and snap I have no idea. Only had a back seat cushion in my boat and it never moved

KevinR

Reaction score
Time to plump them up for a tighter fit? Maybe they aren’t their original size anymore.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My old Galaxie had hinges on the bow seats and rear bench, and the cockpit chairs had strong velcro...my Laveycraft has nothing on any of the cushions, they fit pretty tight, but I havent risked driving down the freeway with them like that..I remove them all and put them in the bed under the bed cover....I will be adding velcro this winter.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Add more velcro, then sit down in them to seat the velcrons and velcronettes prior to the drive.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read a suggestion recently to attach cargo nets across the boat to keep anything from flying out. I won't be trying it, as we don't have issues with this, but it did seem like it might work for someone.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score

SHEP

Reaction score
We have hinges on our deck boat seats, you pull from the front and lift from the back to open them. Might look at installing some of those.

rush1

Reaction score
those are the ones that fly out......
Replace the velcro, get the widest velcro you can. I used the black velcro from lowes and screwed that down to the seats ,don't rely on just the sticky stuff the heat makes it come loose.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We have hinges on our deck boat seats, you pull from the front and lift from the back to open them. Might look at installing some of those.
Yep, double motion hinges. Snug as a bug.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Have the upholstery/carpenter build the cushions so they actually fit snugly, they will never blow out even without velcro, snaps, etc.
This is the real answer. Many builders shortcut as much as they can. The top builders do not and it shows in things that you can’t always see.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Dont use the hook to cloth type velcro, it will fail.

Use the hook to hook type. This is what I use and staple it to the surface. Just be careful on how much you use per seat because if you use to much the seat wont come out, I found that out the hard way the first time I used it. Finally got the seat out and only had to do 1/4 of what I originally used and you still have to pull pretty good to get the seats off.
Screenshot_20210915-105120_Samsung Internet.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This is the real answer. Many builders shortcut as much as they can. The top builders do not and it shows in things that you can’t always see.
I always thought schiada and hallett were in the top,.. I don't even remember how many time I had to fish the open bow seats out of my 270 hallett,... that a scary mo fo when that seat gets loose and comes right at you...I lost a seat on the way to havasu ,went back and walked through the desert, there musta been 50 seats out there..

Javajoe

Reaction score
I think you are just bored and decided to kill time with posting this thread which is fine by me since this whole site is full of worthless threads which we all respond to 🙃

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I have velcro on the bottom of my seat cushions and I have to pull like hell to get them out. My long back seat has like 4 3x2" strips and you can borderline pick the boat up by the cushion.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think you are just bored and decided to kill time with posting this thread which is fine by me since this whole site is full of worthless threads which we all respond to 🙃
wasn't too board,... took the boat to the lake...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Can’t you just use small chain and with a snap hook connected to the underside of the seat? That way you can make sure it doesn’t fly out of the boat on the road and you can unhook it when you’re on the water

KevinR

Reaction score
Have the upholstery/carpenter build the cushions so they actually fit snugly, they will never blow out even without velcro, snaps, etc.

That was my point Racey. You just explained it much more clearly. As usual. 🤓. We’ve had boats and towed them for 60 years between my dad and me. Never had straps or snaps and never had a cushion take flight. We are also diligent in not having folks step on the cushions all the time and drape towels on the seats during the day to keep most the water off them. Cushions stay snug and plump!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
When you replace the steering cable, run them through the back seat cushions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
That was my point Racey. You just explained it much more clearly. As usual. 🤓. We’ve had boats and towed them for 60 years between my dad and me. Never had straps or snaps and never had a cushion take flight. We are also diligent in not having folks step on the cushions all the time and drape towels on the seats during the day to keep most the water off them. Cushions stay snug and plump!
When you have an actual custom boat made seat cushions don’t fly out

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This..

I also like the hockey pucks that Schiada does.