WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
[mention]2FORCEFULL [/mention] sorry for the bad luck.

You should upload some progress videos on YouTube [emoji1689][emoji1689][emoji1689]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Haha, don't bet on it buddy.
fuc I hate getting scammed by flippers...pretty good one though... these guys are the same guys that sold the fountian to dilligaf's son...
here's the add I responded to..

2007 cheetah fast cat deck boat, 24ft, 496 with 195 original hours, runs great, really nice sound system, EMI Thunder headers, boat is in almost perfect condition, interior and gel coat like brand new. Custom pin striped trailer and out drive with drive shower. Double high speed stainless bimini tops, Comes with full cover. You won’t find one any cleaner than this. $55,750

best way to get ahold of me or if you have any questions is to call or text me. 951-757-8509

no where does it say, this a boat we are flipping...

so I call.... talk to the son,.(if thats even true)... he says It's my Dads boat and he don't know how to do computers and put up pics, I don't know a lot about the boat it's his.. but I could give him your number and have him call you,.. so my wife ends up doing the texting back and forth,.. and I do the driving.. we get the address,.. and we're off... story starts to change.... dad has company and doesn't have time to deal with the boat, we get there and now the story changes again... before we get there , I tell my wife... this guy don't know shit about the boat,.. bet you it's not his..we get to the house where the boat is,.. so sure enough,.. the dad says,... I bought this boat from my best friend, his wife died from cancer and he can't stand to look at the boat be cause of all the fun times and memories... and that he was selling it because he doesn't have time to take it out... tells me he just did a full service , water pump and serviced the drive and gimbal... goes on to tell me how fast and great the boat runs, needs nothing... lol....

I knew he was a lying pos and was just flipping the boat,... that doesn't bother me... the part that bothers me is that he lied about the whole deal,.. he never drove the boat, I think the boat is good to go, and now I have to fix it... there have been people trying to fix the steering,... thats why half the screws are missing from the steering wheel.... but one thing you can bet on,... I WILL fix it...

Report Edit Delete

6 minutes ago
[IMG alt="2FORCEFULL"]https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/data/avatars/m/1/1117.jpg?1525954833[/IMG]
2FORCEFULL

JoinedJan 26, 2008Messages26,701Reaction score13,636
here's more,.. the boat was delivered 07 of 2005 so it's not even a 2007.... I got it titled to me and it's titled an

guest hs

Reaction score
Supporting the cause!
E4106E48-14B3-494F-9B5A-84916B9431FB.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Interesting....so 60mph on the water is different than 60 mph on the highway?
I never realized that....
Thanks for educating me tho...lol
it's very differant, and any one that builds bimini's will tell you, when the boat is on the water the air is clean and flows through the bimini.. but behind the truck its turbulent air..... kinda like being in an rv and getting close to a truck,.. rv starts to move around,... same with towing a trailer... truckers like to get up close and take the wind off you trailer and watch it start to whip.... so yes, you did learn something... same with bimini 's with straps... they go faster than ones with poles..

guest hs

Reaction score
Cheers buddy,... I had to get into the captin morgan tonight.... you wanna work on this boat??? probley needs to swap out the steering box,.. and flush out the oil cooler...
Sorry Steve I appreciate the work but I will have to pass on this one. Good luck to you. Maybe try Iguana Marine.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@namba860 dam haha turning down work. Buisness is good I see. If you get your hands on it we can see all the dry wall screws everyone speaks of.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Sorry Steve I appreciate the work but I will have to pass on this one. Good luck to you. Maybe try Iguana Marine.
is there an up grade from the teleflex that can use the same cable???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was 3 days off. Re-rigging process starts TOMORROW at 0600.

@2FORCEFULL It looks like they changed the helm Steve. That helm is too new for the boat. I was going to mention that when I said it was missing the 4 screws on the steering wheel. Figured they lost the screws during the helm change.
I'm still try'n to understand this post??????? why would they change out the helm?????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If it’s a tilt helm, they are junk. I’ve replaced a shit ton of them. The only tilt helm worth a shit is the Imco billet full hydraulic helm.

spot on buddy,.. I really don't need the tilt,.. whats a good box the will use the same cable...???

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
no need to do any of that.... guess i'll take my hicky when I put it in the water... I know these boats well and what could be wrong.... IMHO,.... there is no competition to this boat.... it the best riding , and fastest in the 24' and under class....
So you took your “hicky”? Is this for sale yet? Lol. GLWTS

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So you took your “hicky”? Is this for sale yet? Lol. GLWTS
lmfao.... this is a lesson your kids usually get.. but I'm 68 and have never done a deal that I wouldn't un wind... for sure the next day or close.. some people get to warm and fuzzy when your money is in their poctet and will lie ther ass off to make it happen,... for me,... this boat will never be for sale the way it sits,... though Me nore anyone else so far wants to fix it. it will never be for sale in the shape it's in.... the fix will probley be cheep,.. but take up a lot of time.... I have a lot of money,... but not much time left.... and for sure this late in the game I'm not gonna let greed make me be partners with the guy in the red pajama's.... live with the "my word is the most valuable thing I have " and you will live a rich life".... I have 3 sons and told them all the same, I gave you a name, it up to you to make it worth anything... if you are not worth your name you are worthless...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve is drinkin tonight lol
fuc you,... if we were in havasu I'd would have 5 dollar hollared down to where you are.... I feel like shit that you invited me to a fun time and wasn't able to go....

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If it’s a tilt helm, they are junk. I’ve replaced a shit ton of them. The only tilt helm worth a shit is the Imco billet full hydraulic helm.

even thoght we beat this dead horse,,,, the light just came on.... here what I think is happening.... the Columbo version,... you have to do a more forensic view of the clues... the first is the missing steering wheel screws on the steering hub... and what does that tell you,...first reply would be... guess I need to buy some screws... but some one educated would ask... what happened to the screws,... and why were they removed??? .. when I seen the missing screws, I told my wife... I bet you 2 bj's and a hot dinner that those missing are because they are stripped.... but never put it all together till now... and for sure this is the rum talking ,...... the steeering box is done,... that I figured out in a 5 minute test ride.... but. what I just figured out, even though we talked about it for an hour.... the Columbo verson.... and the reason that it was such a cheep repair that wasn't done .. they stripped the screws on the hub try'n to pull the hub with a steering wheel puller... anyone that has tried to do this knows that if it doesn't slide right off stop before you pull the threads out of the hub... and there is a fix.... what I do is drill and tap 3/8 bolt hole to where the steering wheel covers the holes... and then use the puller...... I'm old school and have own 50's and 60's boats,... jets outboards. and inboads... the common thing was the junk steering and cables.. I was like 60 before I could afford hydraulic steering... and it seems like on my 57 biesmeyer the steering box new was 18 bucks.... seems cheep, but cigs were 25 cents a pack, and gas about the same, so it cost little more than a tank of gas to buy a steering box...

but thats what I'm guessing... they couldn't figure out how to get the hub off and sold their sole to the devil...the crops you sow is what seeds you plant

LincolnCraft

Reaction score
fuc I hate getting scammed by flippers...pretty good one though... these guys are the same guys that sold the fountian to dilligaf's son...
here's the add I responded to..

2007 cheetah fast cat deck boat, 24ft, 496 with 195 original hours, runs great, really nice sound system, EMI Thunder headers, boat is in almost perfect condition, interior and gel coat like brand new. Custom pin striped trailer and out drive with drive shower. Double high speed stainless bimini tops, Comes with full cover. You won’t find one any cleaner than this. $55,750

best way to get ahold of me or if you have any questions is to call or text me. 951-757-8509

no where does it say, this a boat we are flipping...

so I call.... talk to the son,.(if thats even true)... he says It's my Dads boat and he don't know how to do computers and put up pics, I don't know a lot about the boat it's his.. but I could give him your number and have him call you,.. so my wife ends up doing the texting back and forth,.. and I do the driving.. we get the address,.. and we're off... story starts to change.... dad has company and doesn't have time to deal with the boat, we get there and now the story changes again... before we get there , I tell my wife... this guy don't know shit about the boat,.. bet you it's not his..we get to the house where the boat is,.. so sure enough,.. the dad says,... I bought this boat from my best friend, his wife died from cancer and he can't stand to look at the boat be cause of all the fun times and memories... and that he was selling it because he doesn't have time to take it out... tells me he just did a full service , water pump and serviced the drive and gimbal... goes on to tell me how fast and great the boat runs, needs nothing... lol....

I knew he was a lying pos and was just flipping the boat,... that doesn't bother me... the part that bothers me is that he lied about the whole deal,.. he never drove the boat, I think the boat is good to go, and now I have to fix it... there have been people trying to fix the steering,... thats why half the screws are missing from the steering wheel.... but one thing you can bet on,... I WILL fix it...

Report Edit Delete

6 minutes ago
[IMG alt="2FORCEFULL"]https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/data/avatars/m/1/1117.jpg?1525954833[/IMG]
2FORCEFULL

JoinedJan 26, 2008Messages26,701Reaction score13,636
here's more,.. the boat was delivered 07 of 2005 so it's not even a 2007.... I got it titled to me and it's titled an

Hi steve, this is Andrew (the real SON you talked to on the phone, if you do not believe that I can show you my birth certificate and Obama this whole thing)

I talked to you on the phone today for over an hour, and I tried to be nice, calm and understanding with you but I sat down on my computer about 10 minutes ago and started reading all these comments about me and my dad on this thread and my sell thread, Ive gotten a little irritated.

First off, no where in here did you mention you got the boat for $10,000 less then my dad was asking for it, Probably so when you go to sell it for 59K obo people aren't thinking your just doing it to flip, like you accuse my dad of doing. I can understand that tho, never leave the door closed if you can sell it and make quick $$, ive done it many times, my dad has done it many times, but this boat was not one of them and I've told you this many times. My dad paid 50K for this boat without tax and registration and all that bullshit. So 45k was not a great flip if you ask me. And no, he didn't do it because he knew it had issues and to just sell it and become the next guys issue like you told me he did. He did it for the exact reason we talked about on the phone when you first called, Boat market got crazy, he bought it at a high $$$ time and you were a buyer with cash and if he passes that up the next time a buyer has cash the market could be lower and he wont get the 45K he should have taken when he got offered it.

You first call and we shoot the shit most of time, which I did enjoy to be honest, you ask a couple questions about the boat, you jump offer 45K, I relay your sales pitch to my dad and he accepts. Yes I told you how nice it was and I also told you that I don't know much in detail about it because its not my boat, and I also tell you he has not had it very long and does not have a lot of info himself. You put on here that you took of then the story changed that he does not have time to deal with the boat because he has company, that is about a bent third piece of the story. You wanted me to take the boat to baker to meet you half way if my dad will take 45K, I said we probably can figure something out, and i was willing to do it but we never talked about a day or time or nothing. I sent you a PM on here at 10:43pm friday night and told he would do 45K call me tomorrow and we can talk about it, satuday morning my phones blown up when I come inside from working in my yard from you calling and your wife texting when are we meeting at del taco in baker today and what size ball do I bring, I call and tell you I was busy, my dad had company over this weekend and we work all week, but if you wait till next weekend ill bring it for you. You didnt want to wait and decided to take the drive to his house.

My dad made the time to meet you, was nice about it, You didnt call my dad before you came down to ask him any questions or concerns you had, He offered to run it on the trailer for you and you said no, You could have even asked to do a lake test before spending that much $$$ or not buy it if he said no, but you came down, walked around it quick and took it. he didnt tell you he bought it from a friend that his wife died, he was selling this boat to buy another boat from this friend. he did not tell you he did all the services, he told you the guy he got it from said he did all those services to it and thats what he was told.

I talked to my dad a few times after we talked last, he was honest about the boat, he didnt have a issue with it the short time he had it, his problem is " Andrew, its a used boat if something happened like the impeller went out while he was using it and it overheated and damaged something Im left with a bunch of work and $$ to spend now that he wants to bring it back and me give him his money back, its a older used boat i cant say when something will go wrong it, or do i have to send him money every time it has an issue again? I didnt have any problems with the steering, what am i supposed to do about that?"
Problem is you call my dad with these issues and get hot quick tell him he was not honest and hes a liar and he needs to just trust you and it pissed him off. Now after he calmed down and me and him talked a few times after me and you talked last, we were thinking of something to do to help you, and i even told you on the phone, I dont have alot of money but if its a damn impeller and something small you want to change in the steering so you like the way it handles better, I will pay for it myself just to keep in good terms on Riverdaves and with you, and its not even my deal. But you going on here and bashing me and my dad, bending the story, and calling me and him lying mother fuckers and lying POS, it pissed us both off

Im a calm guy, and my dad is too until you cross a line with us. Im usually not the type that would ever put a post like this, I would take the shit and move on even if it got to me. I just felt like I had to say something this time. I dont mean to be rude or come off as an asshole especially to you Steve. I am 28 years old and was raised to be a man of respect, especially to the generations older than me that I could learn something from. But the way you talked about us and the stories you posted is not the way to do it either. I really wished you would have kept this between me and you till I talked to my dad and you again and we came to a agreement or not.

Dalton

Reaction score
Hi steve, this is Andrew (the real SON you talked to on the phone, if you do not believe that I can show you my birth certificate and Obama this whole thing)

I talked to you on the phone today for over an hour, and I tried to be nice, calm and understanding with you but I sat down on my computer about 10 minutes ago and started reading all these comments about me and my dad on this thread and my sell thread, Ive gotten a little irritated.

First off, no where in here did you mention you got the boat for $10,000 less then my dad was asking for it, Probably so when you go to sell it for 59K obo people aren't thinking your just doing it to flip, like you accuse my dad of doing. I can understand that tho, never leave the door closed if you can sell it and make quick $$, ive done it many times, my dad has done it many times, but this boat was not one of them and I've told you this many times. My dad paid 50K for this boat without tax and registration and all that bullshit. So 45k was not a great flip if you ask me. And no, he didn't do it because he knew it had issues and to just sell it and become the next guys issue like you told me he did. He did it for the exact reason we talked about on the phone when you first called, Boat market got crazy, he bought it at a high $$$ time and you were a buyer with cash and if he passes that up the next time a buyer has cash the market could be lower and he wont get the 45K he should have taken when he got offered it.

You first call and we shoot the shit most of time, which I did enjoy to be honest, you ask a couple questions about the boat, you jump offer 45K, I relay your sales pitch to my dad and he accepts. Yes I told you how nice it was and I also told you that I don't know much in detail about it because its not my boat, and I also tell you he has not had it very long and does not have a lot of info himself. You put on here that you took of then the story changed that he does not have time to deal with the boat because he has company, that is about a bent third piece of the story. You wanted me to take the boat to baker to meet you half way if my dad will take 45K, I said we probably can figure something out, and i was willing to do it but we never talked about a day or time or nothing. I sent you a PM on here at 10:43pm friday night and told he would do 45K call me tomorrow and we can talk about it, satuday morning my phones blown up when I come inside from working in my yard from you calling and your wife texting when are we meeting at del taco in baker today and what size ball do I bring, I call and tell you I was busy, my dad had company over this weekend and we work all week, but if you wait till next weekend ill bring it for you. You didnt want to wait and decided to take the drive to his house.

My dad made the time to meet you, was nice about it, You didnt call my dad before you came down to ask him any questions or concerns you had, He offered to run it on the trailer for you and you said no, You could have even asked to do a lake test before spending that much $$$ or not buy it if he said no, but you came down, walked around it quick and took it. he didnt tell you he bought it from a friend that his wife died, he was selling this boat to buy another boat from this friend. he did not tell you he did all the services, he told you the guy he got it from said he did all those services to it and thats what he was told.

I talked to my dad a few times after we talked last, he was honest about the boat, he didnt have a issue with it the short time he had it, his problem is " Andrew, its a used boat if something happened like the impeller went out while he was using it and it overheated and damaged something Im left with a bunch of work and $$ to spend now that he wants to bring it back and me give him his money back, its a older used boat i cant say when something will go wrong it, or do i have to send him money every time it has an issue again? I didnt have any problems with the steering, what am i supposed to do about that?"
Problem is you call my dad with these issues and get hot quick tell him he was not honest and hes a liar and he needs to just trust you and it pissed him off. Now after he calmed down and me and him talked a few times after me and you talked last, we were thinking of something to do to help you, and i even told you on the phone, I dont have alot of money but if its a damn impeller and something small you want to change in the steering so you like the way it handles better, I will pay for it myself just to keep in good terms on Riverdaves and with you, and its not even my deal. But you going on here and bashing me and my dad, bending the story, and calling me and him lying mother fuckers and lying POS, it pissed us both off

Im a calm guy, and my dad is too until you cross a line with us. Im usually not the type that would ever put a post like this, I would take the shit and move on even if it got to me. I just felt like I had to say something this time. I dont mean to be rude or come off as an asshole especially to you Steve. I am 28 years old and was raised to be a man of respect, especially to the generations older than me that I could learn something from. But the way you talked about us and the stories you posted is not the way to do it either. I really wished you would have kept this between me and you till I talked to my dad and you again and we came to a agreement or not.

would you say the boat has issues?

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
would you say the boat has issues?

What difference does that make?
Steve had every opportunity to slow his roll and do a better job checking all systems.
Steve thought he had a deal he could make a few bucks on and he probably still will.
Just not as much as he thought at first

It's interesting to hear 2 quite different takes on the same event.

Ultimately, Caveat Emptor, right?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

you know andrew, I also enjoyed talking to you... and do you remember us talking about the schiada deal??? and you telling me that this would not happen and that this boat needs nothing and it is as new????... you decieved everyone into thinking this was your boat with your add here on river daves.... not one mention of this is not your boat.... you wait till you have the fish on the line then reel them in.. the group on river daves has trust in one another,.. not just out to fuc someone out of their money... you and your dad are both in love with the dollar and not so much about being honest,...and now you wanna say that it bothers you that some one thinks you and your dad are crooks...??? I asked your dad to go run the boat and he said wanna hear it run??, and you are right... hearing it run says nothing, so i said no to not damage the power plant..I will make this boat right, but for you, it will never be right, because. you and your dad said what ever it takes to get my money in your pocket,,,I put the boat in the water and it has major issues.... issues that you or your dad should have disclosed..... there was a lot of lies told to me... what does that make you and your dad... fuc'n lyr's ,.. sorry to be so blunt,... there is effidance to back the problems the boat had... and like i said... I spent 12 hrs going to get this boat on your word and discripton, when it wasn't what you both said,...I offered to bring it back on my dime in the same condition and we go on with our lives..... your dad said... fuc you,.. I will not give a penny back to you, you bought it where is and as is and hung up on me.... but while we are bringing out the honest part,,. did you or did you not tell me that that all you and your dad do if flip stuff??? and we all know the way that works... do whatever you have to do to turn a priffit... even if that means sell your sole.. and again, I will make this boat right... bet money on that... or I will take a chainsaw and cut it up..

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and side with you,... you nor your dad had any idea about this boat, nether of you ever drove it, but to come on here and pass it off like it was yours and for sell??? the for sell section here is for member to sell their stuff they want gone... not for flippers to pass junk..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve had every opportunity to slow his roll and do a better job checking all systems.
Steve thought he had a deal he could make a few bucks on and he probably still will.

not at all,... your looked at the cover and wrote you're own novel... i'm too old to waist my 12 hrs of time to go get a boat to make a few buck.s..

all I wanted was a boat that I could get rid of one of my pontoons for.... what ever make you think that I would spend that much time trying to make a buck,... lol only means you don't know me..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

when you tell some one it is what you say,... then when it isn't,.. you should just unwind. and do a refund... when you won't and say no matter what I aint taking it back...that really tells the story..... if i would have just unhooked the trailer and left the boat floating in the lake it would not have made a differace in my life... but thinking about the younger group, and the group here that is honest with each other when selling something,,,, getting screwed like this doesn't sit well.... I don't know where every one now thinks you have to make a profit every time you do something,, i've watch the dollar drop to half over the last couple years... might as well buy a boat.... right???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I'm old enough to remember the day when Bad became good,.. fat didn't mean a girls ass cheeks, and sic didn't mean you were taking a day off work... but since 1957,... fabbing up a story toget someones money has been, and still is lying....

here's the add....

where in the add does it say that it's not his boat and he knows nothing about it???? sure it happens, but you read... this is not my boat!, I know nothing about it , just posting for a friend...

Last edited:

LincolnCraft

Reaction score
I
you know andrew, I also enjoyed talking to you... and do you remember us talking about the schiada deal??? and you telling me that this would not happen and that this boat needs nothing and it is as new????... you decieved everyone into thinking this was your boat with your add here on river daves.... not one mention of this is not your boat.... you wait till you have the fish on the line then reel them in.. the group on river daves has trust in one another,.. not just out to fuc someone out of their money... you and your dad are both in love with the dollar and not so much about being honest,...and now you wanna say that it bothers you that some one thinks you and your dad are crooks...??? I asked your dad to go run the boat and he said wanna hear it run??, and you are right... hearing it run says nothing, so i said no to not damage the power plant..I will make this boat right, but for you, it will never be right, because. you and your dad said what ever it takes to get my money in your pocket,,,I put the boat in the water and it has major issues.... issues that you or your dad should have disclosed..... there was a lot of lies told to me... what does that make you and your dad... fuc'n lyr's ,.. sorry to be so blunt,... there is effidance to back the problems the boat had... and like i said... I spent 12 hrs going to get this boat on your word and discripton, when it wasn't what you both said,...I offered to bring it back on my dime in the same condition and we go on with our lives..... your dad said... fuc you,.. I will not give a penny back to you, you bought it where is and as is and hung up on me.... but while we are bringing out the honest part,,. did you or did you not tell me that that all you and your dad do if flip stuff??? and we all know the way that works... do whatever you have to do to turn a priffit... even if that means sell your sole.. and again, I will make this boat right... bet money on that... or I will take a chainsaw and cut it up..

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and side with you,... you nor your dad had any idea about this boat, nether of you ever drove it, but to come on here and pass it off like it was yours and for sell??? the for sell section here is for member to sell their stuff they want gone... not for flippers to pass junk..

Steve, you are twisting my words again, I did not say the we are just flippers that buy and sell shit, I said we are a lot like you and we are just big kids and our toys have gotten more expensive, we buy these toys use them sell them, buy them don’t use them buy something cooler sell them buy the cooler one, we play, we don’t buy everything to flip, sure we have at times, and yes you have too, but this WAS NOT one of those, he liked it, bought it, got an opportunity to buy another, sold it to you, LOST MONEY, and moved on.

We did not experience any issue that you are having and the only reason he got mad is you came right out wanted money back and told him he’s a liar. And we were going to try and maybe help you till all this crap. And I even told you if I can afford it I would do it myself.

And in NO way did I purposely try to deceive anyone into thinking it was my boat, every person that called and asked about it, the first thing I said was it was my dads and I’m helping him sell it. And I don’t see how that makes it a shitty deal now? If you didn’t like that when I said I was helping him sell it not longer than us being on the phone 1 minute you should have not continued with it for what ever reason that bothers you.

I am not going to do all this back and fourth for ever, we were as honest as we can be with this deal and you just can’t accept that. I’m sorry that it had to come to this

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also,.. per ca. law... you must disclose,.. as is where is no returns...making a state ment that you will not find a cleaner one than this,... is deceptive to the fact that they are conveying they do know the item and have done reserch

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I

Steve, you are twisting my words again, I did not say the we are just flippers that buy and sell shit, I said we are a lot like you and we are just big kids and our toys have gotten more expensive, we buy these toys use them sell them, buy them don’t use them buy something cooler sell them buy the cooler one, we play, we don’t buy everything to flip, sure we have at times, and yes you have too, but this WAS NOT one of those, he liked it, bought it, got an opportunity to buy another, sold it to you, LOST MONEY, and moved on.

We did not experience any issue that you are having and the only reason he got mad is you came right out wanted money back and told him he’s a liar. And we were going to try and maybe help you till all this crap. And I even told you if I can afford it I would do it myself.

And in NO way did I purposely try to deceive anyone into thinking it was my boat, every person that called and asked about it, the first thing I said was it was my dads and I’m helping him sell it. And I don’t see how that makes it a shitty deal now? If you didn’t like that when I said I was helping him sell it not longer than us being on the phone 1 minute you should have not continued with it for what ever reason that bothers you.

I am not going to do all this back and fourth for ever, we were as honest as we can be with this deal and you just can’t accept that. I’m sorry that it had to come to this
well here's your add,... you have my money... wheres the boat that matches your description, where does it say it not your boat

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I

this shit bends me the wrong way,... you people that think that you can just buy shit and flip it with out making it right is bulshit... passing junk to make a buck... lying about everything to make a sale...

I called your dad to get some real history on the boat, and he said,... I'm not taking the boat back..... I don't really care what you do,... your day will come...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
all I know is this... we agreed on a price for a perfect boat... I'm still waiting for the boat... unwinding this deal made the logic sense.... even though it was costing me 2 days out of my life, and 300 in fuel,.I was willing to eat that to not to have to work on a boat that was told to me" It needs nothing and ready to go have fun on the water.... for them to be honest and say,... damn we had no idea,.. we never drove the boat.. what do we have to do to make this right.. if they are hungry, I would feed them... but don't steal from me...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so any way, lets get back to the facts about this deal... I know I can't fix the problems with the people that sold me the boat,
but I do know I can fix the boat... right now the focus is on fixing the steering,.... at what ever point,... the steering got so bad
that the boat became not sea worthy.... repair attempts didn't fix the problem... and like said,... they couldn't get the hub off the steering box the shaft is tapered like a prop shaft.... people never use any never seize on the shaft... you should be able to take the nut off and the hub comes off... when that doen't happen, on the steering, or the prop,,, you have to use a puller...so... I will get the hub off....as far as the over heating......my bet is the oil cooler is clogged......will see...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I

We did not experience any issue that you are having
so now you are saying you did drive the boat????

"We did not experience any issue that you are having "

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I guess, I am a sucker, $45K seems like a fair deal for that boat. Drywall screws and all, I bet the beer tastes just as good floating in that boat as any other as long as you're not floating with a paddle and rope in you hand waiting for a tow.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Valid points Steve. Just put in the ad the truth about the boat and dont exaggerate

Heylam

Reaction score
When you’re constantly buying and selling things, you have to accept the good with the bad. Sometimes you buy a diamond and sometimes you buy a lump of coal. When you end up on the short side, it’s best just to take your lumps and move on. In the buying and selling game, I’m sure you’re well ahead. Whining about it just makes you look like an ass.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
not at all,... your looked at the cover and wrote you're own novel... i'm too old to waist my 12 hrs of time to go get a boat to make a few buck.s..

all I wanted was a boat that I could get rid of one of my pontoons for.... what ever make you think that I would spend that much time trying to make a buck,... lol only means you don't know me..

LOL.
I wrote the novel? I've been reading your stuff dating all the way back to Glamisdunes.com and your King of the Hill stuff.

I never said your sole intention was to make a buck but if you were only interested in a pretty boat regardless of the financial outcome then congratulations! You're right where you wanted to be

You've been around the block enough buying and selling to know that the rule of the land is "Trust but verify".

The steering issue I could see asking for a little help on even though the seller apparently took $10,000 off his asking price already. Yes that's a decision he made willingly but so was yours to purchase without a thorough inspection despite all the warning signs you saw going in.

The overheating issue. If the seller can honestly say it never happened to him then I'd agree your own your own there.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
When you’re constantly buying and selling things, you have to accept the good with the bad. Sometimes you buy a diamond and sometimes you buy a lump of coal. When you end up on the short side, it’s best just to take your lumps and move on. In the buying and selling game, I’m sure you’re well ahead. Whining about it just makes you look like an ass.
I have bought stuff and flipped for profit. Sometimes I did well, sometimes I didn’t.

Pisses you off when you get the shit end of the stick. But that’s the risk you take.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
LOL.
I wrote the novel? I've been reading your stuff dating all the way back to Glamisdunes.com and your King of the Hill stuff.

I never said your sole intention was to make a buck but if you were only interested in a pretty boat regardless of the financial outcome then congratulations! You're right where you wanted to be

You've been around the block enough buying and selling to know that the rule of the land is "Trust but verify".

The steering issue I could see asking for a little help on even though the seller apparently took $10,000 off his asking price already. Yes that's a decision he made willingly but so was yours to purchase without a thorough inspection despite all the warning signs you saw going in.

The overheating issue. If the seller can honestly say it never happened to him then I'd agree your own your own there.
thanks DAD, I'm taking my hicky like said and fixing the boat..

Jay Dub

Reaction score
[mention]2FORCEFULL [/mention] sorry for the bad luck.

You should upload some progress videos on YouTube [emoji1689][emoji1689][emoji1689]

Im really sorry @2FORCEFULL is going thru all this with the new boat. It really bothers me that so many people these days are not trustworthy.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
The boat I just bought recently, the seller told me the trailer bearings were just done by LaveyCraft last year, I took his word for it...before my first trip to Havasu, I pulled the bearing buddy caps off, and there was literally water leaking out of one of them and grease oozing in the other ones...I pulled the worst hub off and the bearings were shot, so I pulled the rest off, and they weren't as bad, but still worn...I was pissed because I was lied to, but at the end of the day, I didn't check them before I bought it, and didn't call the guy to complain...just replaced the bearings and went on with my life..it sucks, but it happens.

On the flip side, I sold a Rhino a while back, had just done the clutch....they guys calls me 8 months later after riding season is over, says they took it out to Glamis 5 times, and the clutch burnt out, and wanted me to pay to have it replaced....lol...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
but here's the deal.... if some one said, it's a good boat, but it does have some problem that you will have to fix... I would have walked away because I don't want to buy a boat project, I want to buy a boat that is perfect, needs nothing, just serviced , and ready to go to the lake and enjoy... with in 5 min. of running, you have to idle back to the dock and hope you make it....I don't care what the work thats needs to be done is,... i don't wanna do it... and it should have been disclosed...telling people what you think they wanna hear to make a sell is called lying to them....