WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supercars by the sea Huntington Beach now

boatpi

Reaction score
Until 10 AM Beach Boulevard entrance
E213E19C-4E8E-49BC-B951-8A71A5BEC229.jpeg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Any ACRs? Just as I think I’m getting close enough to be able to afford one as a weekend toy, I check out the prices and they skyrocketed to $175k+. New they were around $125k. Lol 😭

spectras only

Reaction score

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

boatpi

Reaction score
Thx, the green Aventador posted above is mine. The white Aventador just beyond the yellow and red ones is NHRA funny car racer Paul Lee!!

We and a couple of over a Aventador owners walk together for about an hour today looking at all the cars and commenting. Really nice show.

boatpi

Reaction score
Yellow Diablo is one of my closest friend he’s owned the car for 25 years. His daily driver is a new 2021F8. My car, the green bomb, will be rolling along with 25 other Lamborghinis to Pismo beach and Santa Barbara beginning next Friday.

C6087C94-86C0-4AF8-8EB5-358E0BE30353.jpeg

boatpi

Reaction score
Btw, the red z63 and Paul Lee’s svj are worth 670k+ on today’s market.

nowski

Reaction score
Yellow Diablo is one of my closest friend he’s owned the car for 25 years. His daily driver is a new 2021F8. My car, the green bomb, will be rolling along with 25 other Lamborghinis to Pismo beach and Santa Barbara beginning next Friday.

View attachment 1051247

Love that color on your Lambo!!!

Can you give some Details on your trip to Santa Barbara, part of a show, road trip or both? My son lives up there, maybe he can relive his Car's and Coffee Irvine Days...

boatpi

Reaction score
The trip is called the Central Coast Bull Run. Both nor cal and so cal get together once a year. We are hitting the back roads, wineries, etc. staying at Vespera in Pismo Friday And Saturday,

Sunday and Monday at Ritz Bacara in Santa Barbara. I’ll have more later. On one day we will show for local children, maybe Santa Maria, more on that later but I will post.

We tried to show and let local disabled kids jump in at Pismo, the city turned our application down. Go figure!

as to super show, just google it, once a month I believe. Next huge HB event is Cars and Copters, then Caterinas Club Gala at the Anaheim White House, all celebs and political plus charity folks will be there, a sell out every year for Bruno’s charity.

My green Aventador S color is called Verde Mantis pearl.

Last edited:

ATKpilot

Reaction score
The trip is called the Central Coast Bull Run. Both nor cal and so cal get together once a year. We are hitting the back roads, wineries, etc. staying at Vespera in Pismo Friday And Saturday,

Sunday and Monday at Ritz Bacara in Santa Barbara. I’ll have more later. On one day we will show for local children, maybe Santa Maria, more on that later but I will post.

We tried to show and let local disabled kids jump in at Pismo, the city turned our application down. Go figure!

as to super show, just google it, once a month I believe. Next huge HB event is Cars and Copters, then Caterinas Club Gala at the Anaheim White House, all celebs and political plus charity folks will be there, a sell out every year for Bruno’s charity.

Cars and Copters? That sounds really cool, do you let the copters come in first so you don't get sand blasted?

nowski

Reaction score
The guy with that white Tesla got a lot of attention with his car. He had a sound system unlike I've heard before. You pick the car (e.g. Ferrari, Audi, Porsche or Lambo etc) and his car will not only rev that sound but the car also vibrates like it's got a real engine in it. Just imagine pulling into your local smog check station with this car. That would get a good laugh and probably fail Ca emissions based on modified exhaust alone...

TCHB

Reaction score
The first picture was my old power station for years. Nice car pics

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

View attachment 1051247
Love the old Diablos.... remember when there was a Lambo dealer in CDM in early 90s near Quiet Woman. They'd roll a few Diablos out onto PCH on Saturday mornings and stop traffic. That was pre Hairy Knuckle era.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I enjoyed the ones down at Crystal Cove.... heard Irvine Co moved em outta there way back. This looks like a good meet up spot... I used to get a kick out of the Mopar/ Muscle car section folks vs the exotic folks sections. Much different taste in colognes used between those two groups, lol. Kinda an Aqua Velva vs Dolce Gabbana thang ha.

boatpi

Reaction score
Every month they feature a different Marque, but it’s always real interesting who shows up to these events.

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
I was there too, with the AMG group. Didn’t know you were there or I would’ve come over and said hello. Now I know.

January’s SXS event is tentatively planned and scheduled with AMG’s being the themed cars.

Taboma

Reaction score
Love the old Diablos.... remember when there was a Lambo dealer in CDM in early 90s near Quiet Woman. They'd roll a few Diablos out onto PCH on Saturday mornings and stop traffic. That was pre Hairy Knuckle era.

In an effort to remain current with da lingo, I believe you've used the term "Hairy Knuckle" twice now. Once regarding something about a Lambo's mirrors and now again, referring to Lambos. I'm guessing it refers to a particular customer demographic, but not quite sure how. Is this term synonymous with the more familiar "Knuckle Dragger" ?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
In an effort to remain current with da lingo, I believe you've used the term "Hairy Knuckle" twice now. Once regarding something about a Lambo's mirrors and now again, referring to Lambos. I'm guessing it refers to a particular customer demographic, but not quite sure how. Is this term synonymous with the more familiar "Knuckle Dragger" ?
Fair question..... I've coined a couple phrases over the years through my associations with the fine folks from the Middle East who have settled in my area. I'm a big hugger/ lover type and whenever I'd squeeze one of these dudes they're porcupine like back hair would rise through their man blouses and stab me. Then came those hands... some wax/ shave their backs but there's no getting over those knuckles. Its one of my top phrases.... RDP taught me "Spokes" last week so I'm always adding to my vocabulary. Perhaps you are as well....:cool:

Taboma

Reaction score
Fair question..... I've coined a couple phrases over the years through my associations with the fine folks from the Middle East who have settled in my area. I'm a big hugger/ lover type and whenever I'd squeeze one of these dudes they're porcupine like back hair would rise through their man blouses and stab me. Then came those hands... some wax/ shave their backs but there's no getting over those knuckles. Its one of my top phrases.... RDP taught me "Spokes" last week so I'm always adding to my vocabulary. Perhaps you are as well....:cool:

"Porcupine like back hair" 😂😂😂
Ok, well there's a mental image I won't soon forget 😖 You are referring to the male members of the Hairy Knuckle tribe, right ?
If not for RDP, I'd be much further behind the times than I often feel I already am. 😁
It is however comforting to note, that often if I keep reading a thread, either somebody else will ask, or it will get answered in a subsequent post. In the case of the hairy knuckles reference, I was left to consider I might be the only one who didn't know. Now I hope I can restrain myself from using that hairy knuckle term, but I'm really liking "Porcupine Back" 😂.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time for this RDP educational moment. 👍👍👍

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
"Porcupine like back hair" 😂😂😂
Ok, well there's a mental image I won't soon forget 😖 You are referring to the male members of the Hairy Knuckle tribe, right ?
If not for RDP, I'd be much further behind the times than I often feel I already am. 😁
It is however comforting to note, that often if I keep reading a thread, either somebody else will ask, or it will get answered in a subsequent post. In the case of the hairy knuckles reference, I was left to consider I might be the only one who didn't know. Now I hope I can restrain myself from using that hairy knuckle term, but I'm really liking "Porcupine Back" 😂.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time for this RDP educational moment. 👍👍👍
It is indeed my pleasure, lol..... so much meaningful knowledge here.... I thank our fearless leader for developing this site everytime I get the chance.
You have my heartfelt permission to use "Porcupine Back"TM and don't forget "Man Blouse"TM they often go together! I laid that "Hairy Knuckle"TM out there wondering if any members would ask.... so you get the curious bright guy award! I use RDP to escape any tendencies I develop towards political correctness.