WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverryder

Reaction score
You haven’t figured out yet that LOF is the end all, be all of every argument? You can’t even tow a lawn tractor on a harbor freight trailer unless it’s with an F-150. Whatever he owns, or in this case is waiting to own, is THE BEST shit on earth and there’s no debate. How dare you, sir.

Haha

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was was at the sand sport show and the cars looked great. All of the suspension welds were spot on and so were most of the chassis welds. Overall I am really impressed with the cars and the quality of all of the parts. Robby and crew are making great progress and hopefully they can pull the production trigger this year.

now why would an offroad race guy be qualified to make such statements.. we got a bunch of internet experts that weren’t there telling us the way things are! Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You haven’t figured out yet that LOF is the end all, be all of every argument? You can’t even tow a lawn tractor on a harbor freight trailer unless it’s with an F-150. Whatever he owns, or in this case is waiting to own, is THE BEST shit on earth and there’s no debate. How dare you, sir.

there is some truth to this. Lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

You forgot the pissing of excellence sir.

And you need an F450 to tow the Harbor Freight trailer. That is not my rule, talk to the RDP towing police.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
there is some truth to this. Lol

I didn’t think this car was going anywhere 2 years ago and was vocal it was just a bait and switch deal.

Half the people hating on the car just hate it because said I like it. The other half hate it today but want one in 2 years.

Last edited:

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Half the people hating on the car just hate it because said I like it.
You’re probably spot on with that one. For the record I don’t own a SxS nor am I in the market for one. Just call em’ like I see em’. I hope for all your sakes the “Chinese welding” is held to a minimum. Should be a badass car, but the ground floor peeps bear the brunt of the growing pains more times than not.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I didn’t think this car was going anywhere 2 years ago and was vocal it was just a bait and switch deal.

Half the people hating on the car just hate it because said I like it. The other half hate it today but want one in 2 years.

I was talking about the debating until the ends of the earth. Lol

I am thinking the rack storage is gonna be up in a couple years here so we can put that to bed. Lol.

keep up the good fight in the speed car, but realize haters gonna hate.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You’re probably spot on with that one. For the record I don’t own a SxS nor am I in the market for one. Just call em’ like I see em’. I hope for all your sakes the “Chinese welding” is held to a minimum. Should be a badass car, but the ground floor peeps bear the brunt of the growing pains more times than not.

Thank you.. I’ve said it a hundred times in this thread - I’m aware of what I’m getting into. All of us that got last year are.

Anyone that can read between the lines knows there’s a reason I haven’t sold my current RZR yet.

The QC on all of these UTVs isn’t great. Polaris is the best for sure. They are all robot welded in foreign lands. Speed will get it figured out, life will go on. The endeavor isn’t crumbling because of a couple bad welds and missing panels.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was talking about the debating until the ends of the earth. Lol

I am thinking the rack storage is gonna be up in a couple years here so we can put that to bed. Lol.

keep up the good fight in the speed car, but realize haters gonna hate.

Dave your addiction is smoking, mine is bludgeoning people with their own stupidity.

Rack Storage for 300 boats is happening only if Evergrande is paying for it :) we will all have Speed cars before that gets built 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave your addiction is smoking, mine is bludgeoning people with their own stupidity.

Rack Storage for 300 boats is happening only if Evergrande is paying for it :) we will all have Speed cars before that gets built 😂

My buddy sold his RZR 1000 for over $24k today, and yours is nicer.

lol

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
When you go to the Hisun website, there is no mention of them building the Speed cars or a relationship with Robby. Just wondering why, I'm #2053 and am hoping for the best possible results.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The irony is thick with that statement......

I knew that would bring you out quick.

AEC13065-04BA-4608-B7D6-8073E45E8A32.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When you go to the Hisun website, there is no mention of them building the Speed cars or a relationship with Robby. Just wondering why, I'm #2053 and am hoping for the best possible results.

I’m guessing a private label deal. I said this pages ago but Hisun builds more units of things worldwide than anyone. But this is the first project of this caliber I think they have done.,they certainly have the scale, but Speed will have to guide them on QC expectations for the product.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I’m guessing a private label deal. I said this pages ago but Hisun builds more units of things worldwide than anyone. But this is the first project of this caliber I think they have done.,they certainly have the scale, but Speed will have to guide them on QC expectations for the product.

How long will it take before the Chinese try to knock it off? My bet is less than two years. 😆

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How long will it take before the Chinese try to knock it off? My bet is less than two years. 😆

That would be a hell of a rant from RG. 😂 Is it Hisun that makes the exact replica of a Yamaha Rhino? I think it is someone else.

c_land

Reaction score
Release it already, geez! I think these are gonna be pretty good. They are gonna be hold yore ankles expensive though.

The engine upsize is gonna change things dramatically.
40k was the figure I heard, everyone better bite the pillow too lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One day Albert Einstein wrote on the blackboard:

9x1 = 9
9 x2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27
9 x 4 = 36
9 x 5 = 45
9 x 6 = 54
9 x 7 = 63
9 x 8 = 72
9 x 9 = 81
9x10 = 91

In class they mocked him and made fun of him because he had made a mistake, as the correct answer for 9 x10 is 90.

Albert Einstein waited for everyone to shut up and said: ′′ Despite me answering the first 9 questions correctly, no one congratulated me. Instead, when I got one wrong, everyone started laughing. This means that despite being very successful, society will only notice the smallest mistake and make fun of it. Don't let simple criticism destroy your dreams ".

MORALE.
Only those who do nothing don't make mistakes.
BDF97606-A733-4B70-A01D-1FC377051A75.jpeg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
One day Albert Einstein wrote on the blackboard:

9x1 = 9
9 x2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27
9 x 4 = 36
9 x 5 = 45
9 x 6 = 54
9 x 7 = 63
9 x 8 = 72
9 x 9 = 81
9x10 = 91

In class they mocked him and made fun of him because he had made a mistake, as the correct answer for 9 x10 is 90.

Albert Einstein waited for everyone to shut up and said: ′′ Despite me answering the first 9 questions correctly, no one congratulated me. Instead, when I got one wrong, everyone started laughing. This means that despite being very successful, society will only notice the smallest mistake and make fun of it. Don't let simple criticism destroy your dreams ".

MORALE.
Only those who do nothing don't make mistakes. View attachment 1051717
FBD15B29-42FD-4E8D-975C-7B6B3BC54A6A.jpeg

WildWest

Reaction score
Out of all of this (36 pages), if all we are complaining about are a few welds, I will definitely take it. I still have my current ride but it cost me almost 20k to get it to were it needed to be. I can fix a few welds if I have to in my sleep. Fixing welds = ~$100 or less. Replacing radius rods, tie rods, upper and lower arms, steering rack, upgraded cage, upgraded clutch, springs, gusset and double sheer kits, and exhaust = almost 20k and I still love and enjoy my ride. I got into the Speed car way late in the game but I have to say after seeing it at SSSS, the parts are definitely legit and beefy as hell which is why I decided on the purchase. I wouldn't care what manufacturer made this car. I just want a more hassle free car. All these parts are massive and better than I thought they would be...shocks, arms, spindles, cage are built to last. Every true off roader should be happy because all the other manufactures have no choice or excuses not to put out a better product now. I am not a fan boy to any manufacturer. None of them are loyal to their customers, only to their bottom line as why I choose what is best for me....Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Ram, Polaris, Cam Am.....doesn't matter. So yeah, I will take a few bad welds if I do see any over the cost of rebuilding my car with new parts any day.

As for American built? That's an oxy moron. If I only bought American products, I would be a rich man because nothing is made in America anymore which as a veteran and die hard American is shameful. If we had things our way as true Americans, we would all choose to close our borders to only products made in America, but its out of true American hands and left to the bureaucrats on capitol hill where 90% of them do not represent what a true American is. Life is too short to worry about things out of our control so we may as well enjoy as much of the short life we have.

I am not bagging on anyone here or manufacture, just pointing out it is what it is. Growing up in the high desert, I'm just an off-road enthusiast. The Speed car will not be perfect by any means, even after a few years as some say they are waiting for to work everything out. Polaris and Can Am have been making cars for 12-13 years and we are all still replacing the same parts, so no point. Get what you can when you can and just have some fun. Hell, the big 3 (Ford, Chevy, Ram) been doing it for a 100 years but recalls still exist....LOL. Peace.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Like I told Dave I think that money could have made a lot more money else where.

The other day I paid someone 1500.00 to take their spot. I can sell it today for 6000.00 more than I paid for. I could sell it in a couple days for 10,000 more. Or I can wait a couple months and sell it for 18,000.

I am terrible at the stock market.. I know where I am at on my 3 cars.. or hell we can call them my investments. Lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The other day I paid someone 1500.00 to take their spot. I can sell it today for 6000.00 more than I paid for. I could sell it in a couple days for 10,000 more. Or I can wait a couple months and sell it for 18,000.

I am terrible at the stock market.. I know where I am at on my 3 cars.. or hell we can call them my investments. Lol
I don’t follow tour math but I’ll take tour word for it. Your wife is a real estate agent. I’d be heavily investing in that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Like I told Dave I think that money could have made a lot more money else where.

A new UTV that was $20k 20 years ago is close to $30k today. Custom new UTVs that were $40K new are mid $50s today.

I gave them the deposit and invested the rest of the cash I was gonna use to pay it off. The deposit has even gained value in itself, and in locking in the low price.

The invested money... well use your imagination for the last 18 months. :)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
A new UTV that was $20k 20 years ago is close to $30k today. Custom new UTVs that were $40K new are mid $50s today.

I gave them the deposit and invested the rest of the cash I was gonna use to pay it off. The deposit has even gained value in itself, and in locking in the low price.

The invested money... well use your imagination for the last 18 months. :)
I’m not talking to you we all know you’re the smartest guy on rdp lol

Groper

Reaction score

On a Base Model ? So you just bought their spot even with no mark up ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t follow tour math but I’ll take tour word for it. Your wife is a real estate agent. I’d be heavily investing in that.

The price of the cars has gone up $6k and it is going to continue to go up. So for someone buying a car today, that $1500 is worth 4x. Then what is it worth for someone to jump to the front of the line?

Quadrupling your money in 2 years isn’t bad.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Uhhh because you are the biggest fan boy on the planet. 😜

Yep. A fanboy with a free SXS and another cashflow positive income property paid for with the profits 😀 of the “investment”.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
The keys to happiness:

An F150, a beat up Mazda Miata, a cobra 230 and an imaginary speed UTV. Wish I’d known this earlier.

Oh, and stay in California and havasu no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The keys to happiness:

An F150, a beat up Mazda Miata, a cobra 230 and an imaginary speed UTV. Wish I’d known this earlier.

You forgot the cash positive investment properties

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The keys to happiness:

Had you been following along closer you could have picked up on it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.