WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates Hot Boat Event Incident.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Buddy just sent this... Hope driver is OK...

There was a guy in a flat bottom boat that’s been waking us up every morning. Super loud usually around 630. Today his engine blew up and it looks like it may have killed him.

Everyone said his engine blew up he’s slumped at the wheel lots of paramedics and firemen life flight came and shut down they’ve been here about half hour to 40 minutes and then they finally took off all slow like they are not in a hurry.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Dont know details but it is a red K-5. Prayers to all involved.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
:(
Not good, it's always an odd feeling...it's always somebody someone here knows. Even if not a "friend", one of us.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Got to love the internet. Goes from motor blew up and looks like it killed driver. To sunk and pulled driver under. Which is more likely as I’ve yet to hear of a motor blowing and killing someone in a flat. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

77charger

Reaction score
Got to love the internet. Goes from motor blew up and looks like it killed driver. To sunk and pulled driver under. Which is more likely as I’ve yet to hear of a motor blowing and killing someone in a flat. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Yeh sounded odd blown engine kills driver that kills ego more than anything.But rolling over sounds more like it and a blown engine can be a bad thing at speed in a flat.Hope it aint a bad deal though and he pulls through.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound good. I was told his jacket chute got tangled up in the boat and he went down with the boat. He was recovered with some serious injuries.

to my knowledge he doesn’t wear a chute jacket.

guest hs

Reaction score
to my knowledge he doesn’t wear a chute jacket.
9561403E-CD1D-43BC-9334-AEFFD33894E1.jpeg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Have been around a handful of medivacs in the desert, they never look like they are in a hurry. I wouldn't say that means good news or bad news.

attitude

Reaction score
I saw a low quality video of it, boat looks to have done a little hook and a barrel roll. Parents confirmed it was Scott Steele.

Didn’t look to be a extremely high speed crash, so hopefully his injuries aren’t too serious and he can make a speedy recovery.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It was Scott. He was unconscious but vitals were stable when being flown. Flew him to phoenix where they are monitoring him at this time.

Glad to see some positive news. That thread linked above to FB reminds me of why I don't have a FB account. Negativity and mob mentality galore.

Thoughts are with Scott!

bentprops

Reaction score
Actully a blown motor and a barrel roll out of no where makes sense. I would expect a boat of this caliber would have a whirl -away though. Prayers for the all involved Hope Hes doing well.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Actully a blown motor and a barrel roll out of no where makes sense. I would expect a boat of this caliber would have a whirl -away though. Prayers for the all involved Hope Hes doing well.

**correction** I had the wrong boat in mind…different cost was put back together.

boat was just put back together Thursday. I’m sure they will find out what happened Scott runs the wheels off his boats and is always enjoyable to watch. Hoping for a quick recovery for him.

From what I’m hearing from people there and in the know. Broken arm and severely rung bell. He was knocked unconscious.

Last edited:

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
I don't have a clue but the bow never really came up under acceleration maybe a cavitation plate malfunction with a hyd assist override, buried the nose?, propshaft came loose or broke and shaft and prop slide back and hit the rudder?, Like I said I have no clue but the video shows signs of bow down....just a thought.

I will be seeing his mother tomorrow and will post with some info as long as it is positive. I know that he is in a induced coma do to some serious head impact witch is pretty common in this type of injury, unfortunately he never wears a helmet.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm hoping he's alright. Got up to crap weather this morning here. Got on RDP a moment or two after this was first posted...and been checking in periodically today. Boats can be fixed, hoping for the best outcome for Steele.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
He was put in induced coma. At 4 o’clock they were doing a head ct scan. His basic body seemed to be ok they were worried about head injuries.
I didn’t see it but was told it grabbed a chime in a slow right turn and rolled. Some spec that the chute hung up.
All speculation but he’s a tuff cookie.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sedation can help with swelling of all injuries...his head got a boot to it, no matter how. The term "induced coma" will scare some, but it's a good tool for bad situations. I hope he improves and gets to going again quickly.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They ran his boat this afternoon. Motor sounded fine.

I spent the day at the show, had a boat on display. There were updates through the day. Last I heard, they were putting his arm back together from a pretty bad compound fracture. The other thing I heard was his head injury wasn’t as bad as originally thought. Take this with a grain of salt, it’s just what I heard, and I thought that it sounded positive.

Scott is a tough guy. I have faith he will pull through this. He needs prayers and support from the boating community. 🙏

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Again guys, let's keep the rumors to a minimum.... let's wait til he gets out of the hospital....
Yep, don't have the slightest clue what happened. I know I'd rather pray, think good thoughts or hope a guy gets out of the hospital, and tells his story.
Doesn't matter if it's a guy I run with, or just another river runner, first thing's first...get home, get to feeling better, then fill us in.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Chris Schock left the event yesterday and is at the hospital. Chris posted this about 2 hours ago.

Here's a small update on Scott he's stable all night long nothing's changed there he went in at 7 o'clock this morning to get the left arm break repaired and clean up the mess from previous damage done a couple years ago when he fell through his roof. It's gonna take a couple hours so we won't know nothing till later today the doctors won't let me back in and so I will update as soon as I get word from Parker.
🙏
🏴‍☠️

Scott wears a chute vest, but like most of us never hooks it up. He doesn't wear a helmet, but not for lack of friends encouraging him to wear one. I saw the video, but on a small phone. I thought the boat chined over easy. Maybe he was turning...?

MOUZER

Reaction score
Chris Schock left the event yesterday and is at the hospital. Chris posted this about 2 hours ago.

Here's a small update on Scott he's stable all night long nothing's changed there he went in at 7 o'clock this morning to get the left arm break repaired and clean up the mess from previous damage done a couple years ago when he fell through his roof. It's gonna take a couple hours so we won't know nothing till later today the doctors won't let me back in and so I will update as soon as I get word from Parker.
🙏
🏴‍☠️

Scott wears a chute vest, but like most of us never hooks it up. He doesn't wear a helmet, but not for lack of friends encouraging him to wear one. I saw the video, but on a small phone. I thought the boat chined over easy. Maybe he was turning...?

Thanks jerry.............he is in are prayers

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

🙏
🏴‍☠️

Made pass, turned left, then went right to line up and rolled