WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates Hot Boat Event Incident.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Hoping all these positive signs continue and he has a speedy recovery.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Those boats are no joke to drive. Im sure after being up all night partying at his big Boat show at Pirates Den and then putting on a show that next morning takes a toll on the reaction times.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Those boats are no joke to drive. Im sure after being up all night partying at his big Boat show at Pirates Den and then putting on a show that next morning takes a toll on the reaction times.

Donโ€™t be a Dick. Save your bullsshit for another time. Canโ€™t wish the person well, move the fuck on. Thank God not everyone is perfect like you. ๐Ÿ–•

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Im sure after being up all night partying at his big Boat show at Pirates Den and then putting on a show that next morning takes a toll on the reaction times.

One of Chris Schock's posts yesterday on fb:

Chris Schock
20h ยท

As most of you know by now Scott was injured this morning at our show driving K-5 in Parker Az. I understand some of you have been saying partying might have something to do with this let me make this clear to everyone we collectively yesterday had 5-beers yesterday. Scott had two and I had three all day. And it was all for the reason to put on the best exabition of K-boats ever for us and you possible. Scott Steele is a giver as most of you know and would and has given the shirt off his back to anyone just because. My friend could use your thoughts he's in need. I'm at the hospital with him and Parker and would like to update you all. The hospital and family have aloud me to see him but will not allow visitors unfortunately. Scott is pretty banged up and is in stable condition with bleeding on the brain. Doctors say this is common and expected in head trauma injuries. His body checked out ok and his left arm which opened up pretty big will be fixed later today. He's a tough SOB and my good friend and as hard as it is to see this I can't wait to get back out there with him and haul ass. I will update you all as I learn more but please
๐Ÿ™

instagator

Reaction score
No failure, just a trifecta of events
Very few people drive flatbottoms over 100 MPH, In the old days i would ask," do you ever use the up pedal' ... Whats That..? Any one who drives a Flatbottom has to
have extreme talent, nerve and skill to feel what the boat is doing under you. No other type boat is as hard to drive, none . A predictable boat turns Un- predictable with almost any variation, wake, current in the river, ect.... Hope he recovers so he can climb back on that horse and give her Hell,,Get well Soon.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

ASSumption or do you know something others dont

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Scott puts on a great show.He has some badass boats and drives them that way. We started praying for him as soon as we heard.i assume heโ€™s trying to figure out how to put a motor on that hospital bed and of course paint it red! Hope he gets back on the water soon๐Ÿ‘

poncho

Reaction score
Donโ€™t be a Dick. Save your bullsshit for another time. Canโ€™t wish the person well, move the fuck on. Thank God not everyone is perfect like you. ๐Ÿ–•
I really, really hate that shit. Years ago an older guy had a heart attack behind the wheel and ran his boat into a covered marina dock, first 10 people "He was Drunk"....Not one of those Fuckers apologized later....That pisses me off. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I love watching vids of K5...that thing is a rocket. Seen lots of pretty fast boats, but usually people didn't have the guts or skills to turn them. Go straight, go fast, and then coast to idle, turn around and hammer down again.
There are risks in every motorsport. There is also a drive to be better at the ones you choose. Very few give up, if they can make a recovery. The drive to be better, and being stubborn as all hell, sometimes compliment one another.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
Very few people drive flatbottoms over 100 MPH, In the old days i would ask," do you ever use the up pedal' ... Whats That..? Any one who drives a Flatbottom has to
have extreme talent, nerve and skill to feel what the boat is doing under you. No other type boat is as hard to drive, none . A predictable boat turns Un- predictable with almost any variation, wake, current in the river, ect.... Hope he recovers so he can climb back on that horse and give her Hell,,Get well Soon.
The video looked like he wasn't driving his Flatbottom, I think it was his all fiberglass 20ft Rayson Craft, but a v- bottom boat can also be a hand full at times

Last edited:

Clank123

Reaction score
Thank you for such an insightful post!
Unlike multiple others in this thread that just threw out a bunch of BS theories, you captured the very essence of why we love to watch Flatbottoms run.
In the hands of a talented driver, like Scotty, itโ€™s a thing of beauty.
Itโ€™s the same reason those of us who drive them love it! There truly is nothing like it in motorsports.

I ran my first NDBA race in a Flatbottom in 1975 and have driven both circle boats and drag boats over 130mph.
I have also taken the same life flight route from Parker to Phoenix, with a left leg that was spiral fractured 180 degrees along with some internal injuries, that Scotty took yesterday.

Iโ€™ve known him for over 20 years.
He drives hard and plays hard.
He more than knows what it takes to run a K boat as hard as he does.
There is no question that he would never get in that boat impaired.

I missed seeing Scotty by about an hour yesterday.
Wish I had.
You canโ€™t help but smile being around him.
If you Pray, please continue to do so.
He has many days of recovery and therapy ahead of him and will need them.
My guess is he will come through all this with flying colors and that Scotty Steele smile and laugh will once again be back with us really soon.
Get well soon my Friend!
Dave

DUN

Reaction score
Glad to hear that it is not as severe as first stated. Best wishes for Scott's recovery.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hope he gets well soon and back doing what he loves

Ty N

Reaction score
Dam. Hope heโ€™s ok. Sounds like Scott Steele. boat strippers and blow. Think his is k5
Yess it was his boat with him driving. Last we heard he was going to recover. Broken arm, concussion, etc. Didn't blow engine.

baja-chris

Reaction score
Scott if you read this, my wife Dyanne Stewart sends her love and prayers for speedy recovery.
Blast from the past, eh? Get well man.

Bugginout

Reaction score
He was put in induced coma. At 4 oโ€™clock they were doing a head ct scan. His basic body seemed to be ok they were worried about head injuries.
I didnโ€™t see it but was told it grabbed a chime in a slow right turn and rolled. Some spec that the chute hung up.
All speculation but heโ€™s a tuff cookie.
This is exactly what it looked like watching it go down. Chute jacket caught on the steering column is what I was told by a buddy that helped get him out. I watched the crash from my boat. He is a good guy and I hope he pulls through.

rivergames

Reaction score
Word is that our Buddy Scott hasn't woken up yet.

This reminds me a lot of when I got hit on the head from the race boat and was in a coma for 5 days.

I pray Scott wakes up and has a quick & full recovery!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Sketches me out just to STAND next to one when they fire them off on dry land . . . can't imagine the level of confidence, talent, and focus it must take to actually drive one.
Prayers & well-wishes to that dude and his friends and family . . . sounds like a stud. ๐Ÿ™

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Sketches me out just to STAND next to one when they fire them off on dry land . . . can't imagine the level of confidence, talent, and focus it must take to actually drive one.
Prayers & well-wishes to that dude and his friends and family . . . sounds like a stud. ๐Ÿ™

Next time you are around one that is running, place your hand on the hull. The solid motor mounts make the whole boat feel alive!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
โ€ฆDont know Scottโ€ฆ But being a flat bottom guy myself I wish him a full and speedy recoveryโ€ฆ I have come close to getting spit out of my Sanger Runnerโ€ฆScary dealโ€ฆ

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Latest update from Chris Schock:

The latest update on Scott is what we've been all waiting for. It's small progress but it's big in recovery from brain injury like this he went from fluttering his eyes yesterday a couple of times to opening them for very short periods of time to people talking to him today.(loudly of course๐Ÿคช) We have been told he has crossed his feet a few times probably because his ass hurts from laying around and he's trying to get comfortable. He is breathing on his own,His color looks good his vital signs are good the arm will heal and he's starting to give us something to cheer about.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Slow rolling now, but his speed of recovery should pick up...crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

I'm really happy to hear this. Brain injuries are scary things, and I want to see him making more noise on the water.

oldschool

Reaction score

The latest update on Scott is what we've been all waiting for. It's small progress but it's big in recovery from brain injury like this he went from fluttering his eyes yesterday a couple of times to opening them for very short periods of time to people talking to him today.(loudly of course๐Ÿคช) We have been told he has crossed his feet a few times probably because his ass hurts from laying around and he's trying to get comfortable. He is breathing on his own,His color looks good his vital signs are good the arm will heal and he's starting to give us something to cheer about.
Great news and thanks for the update.

500bbc

Reaction score

Thanks for the update Jerry.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I recieved a similar post from a mutual friend :

James Quinlisk

1Sa1hgsed ยท

From Chris Schockโ€ฆ
The latest update on Scott is what we've been all waiting for. It's small progress but it's big in recovery from brain injury like this he went from fluttering his eyes yesterday a couple of times to opening them for very short periods of time to people talking to him today.(loudly of course
๐Ÿคช
) We have been told he has crossed his feet a few times probably because his ass hurts from laying around and he's trying to get comfortable. He is breathing on his own,His color looks good his vital signs are good the arm will heal and he's starting to give us something to cheer about. The other good news Parker, Kathy and Spicolli were able to see and talk via zoom with Scott yesterday which was huge for the family spirits. Hospitals Covid rule restrictions are keeping them from visiting but we have a secret weapon working with the family who is working on changing the rules just for Parker. She is not the kind of person who takes no for an answer if you know what I mean and for now wants to remain anonymous. The family and I feel really good about this everyone and now I need Scotty to hear you cheer him on with
๐Ÿ™
๐Ÿ™
He's got this with our help peoples
โค
On a lighter note who can't look at this picture and tell me hes not explaining how he was a helicopter pilot flying over the jungles one day blah blah blah While Joe's sinking in the background

Attachments

• scott steel.jpg
    scott steel.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 290

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

Latest Update:​

Chris Schock

21m ยท

I have some positive news to report on our friend Scotty fuckin Steele. He's been moved out of ICU to the Nurological ward where the care will be more guided and focused on his recovery. He is moving all his extremities, breathing on his own he's been restless at times and mumbling something probably bad words. This may not sound like a lot everybody but trust me I've been there it means a whole lot how far hes come in such a short period of time. This is not a short road to recovery this is gonna take some time but none of us are going to give up faith this boy is as strong as an ox and hes not a quitter we all know that. Keep the positive vibes going I hope to have something new to tell you guys tomorrow it's on a positive note and I can't wait to share it with you. Like Scott always says stab and steer baby stab and steer
๐Ÿค˜
๐Ÿ™
โค

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Happy to hear some good news, thanks for the update.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sounds like progress is being made! Hoping for the best and a quick recovery

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Is this from the day of the crash?
No, itโ€™s from the Outlaw Nationals at Sundance last November.
Like I said was just looking through pictures on my work phone and saw the pic.