WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Police shoot, kill armed man in Huntington Beach

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Looks like a taser was the first option used by HBPD in the clip below.
The second video (NSFW) appears to show an outline of a weapon in the end. The report states no body cams were worn. Case closed. Suicide by cop.

HBPD wears bodycams

boatpi

Reaction score
Some people just don’t get it and never never will until they’re in those shoes

let me just lay out a simple fact that he probably still won’t grasp;

If I’m a cop and I walk up to you face-to-face in your hands in your pockets if I tell you to pull your hands on your pocket. I will guarantee you my handle come out of my pocket and shoot you dead before you even touch your weapon.

and now what are you waiting for a bullet to be fired from under that dumb ass little towel and you and your partner take one in the head.
maybe then you’ll think about shooting him or maybe not. Smell the salt wake up to reality.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The last link above says it all. Looks like one shot (taser or gun, can’t tell) brought him down. They said stop moving. He deliberately reached for the shirt (gun) they killed him. Good riddance.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
From the news clip...it's clear he deserved it.

1632775189589.png

1632775460326.png

Last edited:

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I can't think of a worse background for a shooting. My guess is the only reason it wasn't ended earlier and by every cop was because of the potential for civilian casualties.
Well done HBPD.

boatpi

Reaction score
Background was as bad as what you think he knows I kept walking closer and closer so they were shooting at about a 20° angle downward into the sound

Dalton

Reaction score
So ten people at the beach start yelling “gun” to LEO all while recording and dialing 911. This scenario would put any individual in the same precarious situation. Once LEO arrives adrenaline kicks-in and paradigms change how they views the situation. I have still yet to find a weapon at the scene. But hey black shorts, tee shirt, tube socks pointing two fingers under a tee shirt. Execute the person.
View attachment 1053518 View attachment 1053519

Your reaction is exactly what the dude wanted by hiding the pistol under the shirt.

Perps that get shot by police will also play victim to anyone fresh on the scene or bystanders that didn’t see everything unfold.

Now I guarantee even with all the evidence, gun, there’s a group of people that will still slam the police over this, “they could have shot the gun out of his hand!” etc…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
How I see it.....

Dude robs a store earlier at gun point and gets away.
People call 911 man with a gun on the sand in HB and determined same guy.

Now your a cop, your not a psychiatrist, phycologist, of have any experience with this individual. Based on the previous reports you already know this dude is ARMED.
You don't know his motives. The CRIMINAL (remember robbing a store with a gun) now has some reel playing in his mind on how all this will play out. He's ready for death but likes the martyr approach however, officer does not get to know that ahead of time. Fucking screwed either way.

Your now on scene and there is allot of people. OK so the guy isn't a random shooter, maybe a cop hater, maybe suicide? Evaluate all this in 1.5 seconds. Let try less than lethal knowing full well you could get shot.

Perp decides to block the taser or got lucky, not to shoot his weapon (he could have), makes sure the cops see it or something pointed at them.
The Cops are in a war at that second. Bullet proof vest on but everything else exposed to well, death. Remembering Gun reported, robbery at gun point, Fucking screwed, sees his fingers or a gun either way cant risk it. Its a beach full of people, again screwed.
Its over and he dies (not right away) later at the hospital, perp knowing that the controversy will be huge and perhaps his family will win a lawsuit against the PD. After all its Huntington Beach.

The Perp made this decision way earlier in the day or even months ago. He's had some kind of mental break, focused on how he wants his final day to end.

I just don't see how you can blame a cop for this situation.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Our freedoms are precious and need to be defended but armchair quarterbacking on RDP isn’t protecting our freedoms or people on the sand in HB.

Hindsight is typically 20/20 but not in this thread. In this case Stevie Wonder could see what needed to be done but others here somehow cannot.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Impressed by the officers to keep walking towards him to make the perfect shot down to the sand if it came to that. Those are instincts from continued training......not a lot of if/then thinking going on... Terrible place with all those kids to have this go down...

D19

Reaction score
Impressed by the officers to keep walking towards him to make the perfect shot down to the sand if it came to that. Those are instincts from continued training......not a lot of if/then thinking going on... Terrible place with all those kids to have this go down...

I think it sets a great example for the kids to not be a retard.

I think if we went back to public hangings, there would be a lot less crime.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Also, crime is going down....
Because no one bothers to call, the police won't take reports and makes no arrests. Criminals now receive a citation and sign a promise to appear.
San Francisco is now putting together a committee to address the issue of shoplifting...... Shoplifting wasn't an issue, until they decided it was a victimless crime and everybody looked the other way as thousands of dollars walked out of every retail store in the city.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So ten people at the beach start yelling “gun” to LEO all while recording and dialing 911. This scenario would put any individual in the same precarious situation. Once LEO arrives adrenaline kicks-in and paradigms change how they views the situation. I have still yet to find a weapon at the scene. But hey black shorts, tee shirt, tube socks pointing two fingers under a tee shirt. Execute the person.
View attachment 1053518 View attachment 1053519
He sure wanted to get to that "tee shirt" real bad.... cop training is a seconds to react thing..... not a wait and see why gig. I'm going with suicide by cop deal.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
So this was interesting. These highly edited videos highlight how the news media deliberately edits clips to make them more inflammatory.

The video clips released by the so called news don’t show the full context of what happened. They were clearly edited by them and this was clearly done to raise some doubt.

The full unedited video above shows a FULL and clear depiction of what ACTUALLY transpired and clearly shows the perp going for a gun.

Bottom line is the biggest scum in this situation is the news media. Not their fault ratings have been down and they gotta sell Toyota’s

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score
Maybe they could've come in on horseback like in the old westerns . . . you know, with a 'Lasso' spinning over their cowboy hats, . . . then threw it over his feet , tied him off and raised their hands to get the time !!!! 😎 🤣 😎 🤣

(Did I just use the word 'Lasso' ???. . . awesome)
Then shoot the gun out of his hand after a quick draw.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Should have shot the double barrel in the air and if that didn’t work, shot him in the leg… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Police do not "shoot in the air" or "wound the suspect". They Shoot to kill. That's what they do and are trained to do. Its not a movie or a game on the streets, In this case, (IMO) its a justified shooting and LEO did what they are underpaid to do. EVEN IF THE GUY HAD NO GUN, it would be deemed "justified" because of the situation that unfolded and the actions taken by the suspect. Imagine if this had turned into an actual "fire fight" with the crowds etc? Cops would be raked over the coals for "not doing enough". Thank goodness only 1 person was killed- the right person and all LEO and citizens went home safe.

BTW- Who won the surfing contest?

HB2LHC

Reaction score
Police do not "shoot in the air" or "wound the suspect". They Shoot to kill. That's what they do and are trained to do. Its not a movie or a game on the streets, In this case, (IMO) its a justified shooting and LEO did what they are underpaid to do. EVEN IF THE GUY HAD NO GUN, it would be deemed "justified" because of the situation that unfolded and the actions taken by the suspect. Imagine if this had turned into an actual "fire fight" with the crowds etc? Cops would be raked over the coals for "not doing enough". Thank goodness only 1 person was killed- the right person and all LEO and citizens went home safe.

BTW- Who won the surfing contest?
Griffin Colapinto from San Clemente and Caitlin Simmers 15 yrs. old from Oceanside.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Griffin Colapinto from San Clemente and Caitlin Simmers 15 yrs. old from Oceanside.
Nice. wow, 15 years old girl and taking Huntington. Good for both of them and to add a bit more to their win, local surfers too!