WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 Stock Market

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m a lot younger than most on here. My portfolio is pretty risky and I don’t mind taking risks. My 401k and my annuity are completely different. I do have them set to aggressive but I’m letting the pros handle that. I’m not too worried about Chinese stocks. I’m actually trading internationally now with moo moo. I wanted to get in on Tik tok when it goes public. I have about 30 years till retirement. 2030 I’ll probably reevaluate my strategy

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I underestimated the bounce back of coal. Bought BTU (Peabody Energy) last October. Up over 900%, but sadly put very little money in it.

recent bought LMND, WW, MCW, JWN (latter three I’m down 10% each).

CLNE down 40%, FSR & HYLN down 20% each, and even on PLTR.

AMC, I’m still waiting for $1000/share. Lol.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I underestimated the bounce back of coal. Bought BTU (Peabody Energy) last October. Up over 900%, but sadly put very little money in it.

recent bought LMND, WW, MCW, JWN (latter three I’m down 10% each).

CLNE down 40%, FSR & HYLN down 20% each, and even on PLTR.

AMC, I’m still waiting for $1000/share. Lol.
48 has been a strong resistance for amc. Let’s see what happens today

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about Chinese stocks? i've done well with Alibaba and Tencent in the past. Concerned that politics isn't favorable for continued investments in China.

Researching EV infrastructure - California is behind again, so i'm following @BHC Vic lead and bought CHPT today.

Is there a preferred platform for buying crypto?

I've done well on Luckin Coffee and Sino, with that said their financials are BS. You can lose everything you put into their stocks. I equate it to gambling.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I’ve seen some buzz on Wallstreetbets about IRNT. Might be the next squeeze. Looks like it already began.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve made a few buck on BCTX. It’s made some quick moves . Need to keep an eye on it but like I said I have made some good moves in it

C08H18

Reaction score
this week has been an E ticket ride.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 2.41.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 2.41.57 PM.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 48

Xring01

Reaction score
PLTR tested my patience, made me question my strategy, but I am very very happy with the direction is heading, and its still a long term hold for me.

DKNG - still holding

AMZN - I bought that dip and still holding those shares until it gets to $3600 area if not higher before I start to scale out

CLdrinker

Reaction score
PLTR tested my patience, made me question my strategy, but I am very very happy with the direction is heading, and its still a long term hold for me.

DKNG - still holding

AMZN - I bought that dip and still holding those shares until it gets to $3600 area if not higher before I start to scale out

I’m confident we will be very happy with PLTR 3-5yrs from now.

C08H18

Reaction score
I’m confident we will be very happy with PLTR 3-5yrs from now.

As a technologist, i like what they are doing. i held PLTR for a few months earlier this year. May get back in later this year.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
In the words of [mention]Xring01 [/mention] “BUY THE FUCKING DIPS”.

Good luck everyone. Stay strong [emoji1320]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I don't really have any reasoning for it, but back on the 24th of August, I closed all my positions in Robinhood and haven't made any trades since. Was only holding a couple and took a small loss on BMY and made a cool 11% return on RBLX so was happy. Closed a CAG position in my Roth and moved that to VTI and am holding LKQ in that account since I got in on that so cheap.

Crypto is getting hammered. Holding quite a bit of VET, ADA, MATIC, ETH and BTC. I am in it long so trying not to look at the bloodbath my accounts are taking right now.........lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
DNA is a good one to put on your watch list. I got in around 10

C08H18

Reaction score
ASML - semiconductor equipment manufacturer out of NL. 9.2% average return thus far, started acquiring on June 3 @ $665. increased holdings by 200% in Sept. I am very overweighted on ASML and will continue to hold.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.35.00 AM.png

Xring01

Reaction score
Feeling pretty good this am... I held all my positions thru the recent drop, Even picked up RKT on at the bottom.... yeah, I bought that fucking dip... :cool:
PLTR - OHHHH It putting a smile on my face.
AMZN - Doing good, but I expected it to be a slow several month climb and its performing as I expected.
RKT - It bounced at a 6mth low support level in the low $16, I picked up a small 25% position, mostly because of the support line. Felt that it will most likely go up for a easy 10% ROI. but I dont have much exposure, and I have a tight stop. If it breaks $16 downward, it could get really ugly really fast.
DKNG - been holding this one a long long time. Still very happy with it.

I am still bullish are the market overall. But I am getting more concerned over inflation/nat debt/gov spending talks. One misstep by the fed and we can easily see a 10-20% market correction.

Overall I have about 50% of this portfolio exposed, with 50% sitting on the sidelines looking for buying opportunitys.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Jumped back in a little bit yesterday. Saw a good trade present itself on one of my favorites so bought 40 shares of RBLX at $80.35

PaPaG

Reaction score
Nice return in the market since the down day....if you got in at the bottom I bet you are smiling right now......

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Coming back fairly well.
PLTR
BA has all my profits back.
V is hopefully heading back to 250

Xring01

Reaction score
Markets are showing some serious signs of weakness at the moment.
ALot of things that have me concerned.
Evergrande which impacts not only the Chinese Banks, but alot of US Mutual /Hedge funds.
Inflation
US Gov - Debt ceiling debate
US Gov - infrastracture spending

IMHO all of this combined is a key reason we are seeing the current pullback.
I believe this is a healthy pull back, and I am still holding everything that I had prior to this pullback.
On side note: I did sell RKT for a .50 cent gain, but that was all due to the technical read of the chart, which is what I stated when I bought it. If RKT pulls way back, then I will reload it.
Back to where I was.
As I had mentioned earlier. I had 50% of my $$$ invested and 50% on the sidelines waiting for good opportunities...

Guess what we should be able to find those opportunities with this pull back... When I get time. I will start reading charts and finding one or two swing trades.

Now it not the time to panic, unless your in really risky shit.
Now is the time to go shopping and do our best to determine the best chance of success going into the 4th Qtr. There will be alot of stocks on sale... its up to us to find them.

Please call out some high quality plays that you think are worth buying, lets discuss them here, and see if we can come to an agreement on what may be a good idea.

Thats my plan..

Lets buy the fucking dip....

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Markets are showing some serious signs of weakness at the moment.
ALot of things that have me concerned.
Evergrande which impacts not only the Chinese Banks, but alot of US Mutual /Hedge funds.
Inflation
US Gov - Debt ceiling debate
US Gov - infrastracture spending

IMHO all of this combined is a key reason we are seeing the current pullback.
I believe this is a healthy pull back, and I am still holding everything that I had prior to this pullback.
On side note: I did sell RKT for a .50 cent gain, but that was all due to the technical read of the chart, which is what I stated when I bought it. If RKT pulls way back, then I will reload it.
Back to where I was.
As I had mentioned earlier. I had 50% of my $$$ invested and 50% on the sidelines waiting for good opportunities...

Guess what we should be able to find those opportunities with this pull back... When I get time. I will start reading charts and finding one or two swing trades.

Now it not the time to panic, unless your in really risky shit.
Now is the time to go shopping and do our best to determine the best chance of success going into the 4th Qtr. There will be alot of stocks on sale... its up to us to find them.

Please call out some high quality plays that you think are worth buying, lets discuss them here, and see if we can come to an agreement on what may be a good idea.

Thats my plan..

Lets buy the fucking dip....

No panic here. Last time I did that it cost me a few grand. I ride out the storm. Time is on my side.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Xring thank you for mentioning PLTR to me.

Just signed $823,000,000 contract with the army.

Too the moon!!!

farmo83

Reaction score
Sold out of a lot of my oil stocks. I bought quite a bit last year and rolled it into the tech dip, we'll see how it plays out in the long run.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Looks like yet another red day.

Looks like the after hours PLTR pump fizzled out.

Xring01

Reaction score
Just sold AMZN to free up some cash. I still feel strongly that it should get near its 52 week high by the end of the year.
As you saw in the other threads, I am hoping to get the fuck out of Ca and move pretty soon.
So I am freeing up some $$$ for that transition.

I still have my long term holds of PLTR/DKNG. Those I will hold for along time.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Sold out of a lot of my oil stocks. I bought quite a bit last year and rolled it into the tech dip, we'll see how it plays out in the long run.
So did I, now they are moving up good.....story of my life lol

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I was thinking BA @ $230 was to god to be true and I should close it out.

Whoops should have listened to myself.

farmo83

Reaction score
Just unloaded 400 shares today to free up some cash

Incentive to keep prices propped up is quickly coming to an end. At 7.00 I'm going to buy into NRGD. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not totally out. I work for Chevron so buy a few shares of that a pay check.

boatpi

Reaction score
Avis Budget rent-A-Car stock code CARS, has been going crazy lately I think I mentioned this at the beginning of these threads about 10 months ago.

At the beginning of Covid it’s always been a good $50 stock it went down to about nine dollars we bought a ton at 12 and at $16.00.

Closed today at $153!!!!!!!!

boatpi

Reaction score
I thought it was good to go to $50 I guess I was wrong.

Attachments

• 724D26D0-FC2E-4D37-88E0-F18A55EE2AE8.png
    724D26D0-FC2E-4D37-88E0-F18A55EE2AE8.png
    382.6 KB · Views: 36

Xring01

Reaction score
I thought it was good to go to $50 I guess I was wrong.
Everyone knows your only as good as your next deal… sale or project..
Well in this case, I have very high expectations of your next stock pic…

So…. I am waiting… what is it?????

boatpi

Reaction score
I knew Avis would be a sure bet, I have been around this industry for decades. They have off airport locations, sound business. Hertz was nothing more than a name, a brand, upside down. Now Hertz is part of Dollar, and so so. I was crazy busy, wife spent $$, she did good on her picks, at the end of her spending I told her to buy CARS. Months later I asked of she purchased 10,000 shares, thought that was a good investment. NOPE, she purchased 1,000 shares......... So 10K in shares s $1,5300,000 today....... Such is life.

boatpi

Reaction score
Look at MGM, not much is happening of course the pandemic is starting to go by the wayside but they made several purchases recently including the Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas.

They were moved to an outperform today went up almost 10% of one day. I’m not an expert in the entertainment field but I think it could have some longer-term traction.