WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Have you ridden in a Tremor? It has a 24 degree v all the way to the transom. I've spent time in both the Rage and Tremor. The rage is a much smaller boat with less Deadrise. and way way faster.... The Tremor crushes the Rage in the rough.

The Tremor in Mohave in 3 to 4 foot windswept waves in the Tremor through the basin. 55 to 60mph skimming the wave tops on the transom. BiG fun..

The Rage. Running for shore......
pretty spot on reply,.. but, not for one of my nordics..

RCDave

Reaction score
pretty spot on reply,.. but, not for one of my nordics..
With nordic. A 28? Lol.

The 25 rage is more like a 23 foot boat. The 25 Tremor. Offshore 102" beam real 25 foot boat....

Crawl around both back to back. The difference is significant

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
With nordic. A 28? Lol.

The 25 rage is more like a 23 foot boat. The 25 Tremor. Offshore 102" beam real 25 foot boat....

I only had one heat the rest were the rage... out of the box they were just like what you post..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
With nordic. A 28? Lol.

with both powered the same, the rage is faster..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
My Rev4 23 runs like a Bravo 25. I like the ride better with the Rev4 23 than the Bravo 24.
the bravo 25 was ,is more for out boards... shorter tube and smaller ears,...Kinda hard to find, the vent holes worked better on out boards... but,.. drilling holes in a bravo helps to fine tune a real close prop that struggles to get on plane , I put 1/4"" holes... works like a stall converter

Runs2rch

Reaction score
the bravo 25 was ,is more for out boards... shorter tube and smaller ears,...Kinda hard to find, the vent holes worked better on out boards... but,.. drilling holes in a bravo helps to fine tune a real close prop that struggles to get on plane , I put 1/4"" holes... works like a stall converter
This is where the Bravo FS comes in. Short tube, less cup, for more bow lift.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Have you ridden in a Tremor? It has a 24 degree v all the way to the transom. I've spent time in both the Rage and Tremor. The rage is a much smaller boat with less Deadrise. The Tremor crushes the Rage in the rough.

The Tremor in Mohave in 3 to 4 foot windswept waves in the Tremor through the basin. 55 to 60mph skimming the wave tops on the transom. BiG fun..

The Rage. Running for shore......
that for sure was the problem with the rage,... they would what I call case the jump , bang hard and kite...wot this would just increae so you had to go slow as to not damage the hull..

RCDave

Reaction score
that for sure was the problem with the rage,... they would what I call case the jump , bang hard and kite...wot this would just increae so you had to go slow as to not damage the hull..
The Rages bottom design is for efficiency and speed

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
might be what I need for the deck boat... for some reason it runs bow heavy with no passengers with the rev 4... the fast cat doesn't have much rocker and needs to pac air,.. thats why they are a whole differant boat at 70 mph... at slower speeds with a stern lift prop, you can feel the sponsons grab... and way way worse with a whale tail.... like said,... who ever set this boat up wake boarded at a slow speed and ran it on a 35 mph lake...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The Rages bottom design is for efficiency and speed
very true,... but with a ride plate it handled waves like a shock wave... and stopped the kiteing,.. in fact,... the rage problem was why I tried the ride plate the first time,... then found, like the ride plate on jets,... lots of differant hulls had a benefit people use to follow me to the beach at mead to ask what prop I was running cause their rage would not run in the same water..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
back in the day, people would cut some of the tube off the rev 4... now you can buy it that way,... also, late 60's and early 70's we would drill holes in the props,... now you can buy them that way,.. when i was young, I was what was called a budget racer, you had to try and figure stuff out yourself..... wallet racers would just buy the boat after you dialed it in

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Could be prop pitch isn't what it is claimed as well...
we took a stack of bravo 26p props and checked them on a pitch block.. not one the same... most varyed 2in in pitch... thats why when you chage out a bravo and get a differant one results vary

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm technically boat less, but using the 30 has been nice. Have been on the hunt for over a year now.
another 210??? I know of a cheep 210 that might be coming up for sale... 30k type cheep...

HBCraig

Reaction score
well, took the boat out to mead... ran flawless,.. steered as it should,... but...over fifty you could feel the stern lift with the whale tail,,, @ 4000 rpm, it did 50 mph,.. went to the beach and took it off, same prop,... it did 54 mph @ 4000 rpms,... so picked up 4 mph... I still say who ever owned this boat, never drove it faster than 40 mph...

next, the prop... still too much stern lift so next time out I'll take props to try.... oh, and it was bitchin at mead this afternoon...
Was this with the dog ear prop or the bravo?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
up date,... wind finally settled down so I took the cheetah out... first I tried the mach 26... little too much prop for mead... did 70 at 4500 rpms,... so took it of and tried the 23p 5 blade...ran 70 at 5000 rpms... but with throttle left, the 26 made the motor feel lazy... where as the 23 p 5 blade rolls over on plane @2500 rpms, good punch al the way thru the rpm range, this I think is perfect as you could load the boat and have it still perform,... oh, and before anyone asks... the boat is sold and gone...

Jay Dub

Reaction score
up date,... wind finally settled down so I took the cheetah out... first I tried the mach 26... little too much prop for mead... did 70 at 4500 rpms,... so took it of and tried the 23p 5 blade...ran 70 at 5000 rpms... but with throttle left, the 26 made the motor feel lazy... where as the 23 p 5 blade rolls over on plane @2500 rpms, good punch al the way thru the rpm range, this I think is perfect as you could load the boat and have it still perform,... oh, and before anyone asks... the boat is sold and gone...
I like your style. you fixed the boat and dialed in the optimal prop then sold it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
How much did you flip it for?
70k I had it sold before i bought it,... then had to fix it,.. that pissed me off because I didn't want the boat, nore did I want to fix it... so I had to get the boat right to not unwind the deal..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I like your style. you fixed the boat and dialed in the optimal prop then sold it.
i sold the boat before I knew it needed repairs, I said it runs and drives perfect... so I had to fix it and make it right...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Nice. Never would have guessed that.

👍🏼
you don't see fast cats for sell that often , most owners have buyers waiting for them to decide to sell... yeah, they get a bum rap,... but not from the owners, from those that have never owned or drove one..

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So wait you sold that boat, even when it was running 70 at 4500 rpm with a 26, that must’ve been a full blown unicorn at 5% slip.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So wait you sold that boat, even when it was running 70 at 4500 rpm with a 26, that must’ve been a full blown unicorn at 5% slip.
cheetah speedo,... not gps, but, those mach drivers with full cup bite good,.. the small tunnels on the fast cat 24' pac air good

LincolnCraft

Reaction score
70k I had it sold before i bought it,... then had to fix it,.. that pissed me off because I didn't want the boat, nore did I want to fix it... so I had to get the boat right to not unwind the deal..
I thought you bought this boat to keep it?

78Southwind

Reaction score
Looks like Flipper Wars is starting up again. Can't wait for the next episode... :D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I thought you bought this boat to keep it?
I did too, when i bought it, multilabel people siad,.. let me know when you want to sell it I want it... as I have always said, best time to sell is when you have a buyer.. So the plan was , keep the cheetah and selll one of the pontoons... well that came to a halt the first time out,... wife say's there is no way I would sell one of our new pontoons and keep this old boat.... why don't we just buy another new wild cat,...? my answer was cause i'm not spending over 100k for a boat..... so keep what we got.... so going by what I was told , I told everyone that came over to my house,... this boat is show room perfect... and needs nothing,...well replacement to buy a new one with what it has would be over 100k... wouldn't make sense to but a fast cat for the same price as a wild cat///... the wild cat runs faster and better than the fast cat with the same power... so... i told everyone of the problems, and that I want'd to take it back....well you all know how that went....... so the buyers that I had lined up wanting the boat all said the same thing..... just fix it, you know how to make it right.... and when it's fixed I'll buy it.... now the new problem.... boat is sold, though I never said ok to anyone,... the ones that didn't get it are pissed at me,... the ol, I seen it first, how come you didn't call me, I was waiting for this boat..... well as we all know.....fiber glass deck boats with 200 hrs start at 100k,... I see magics for sell , If you can find one, for 30k more than they were knew... not un heard of to see a conquest 20 years old for over 100k... and they sell... not to me... but I guess when the only option is to go put 50k down and spend the next year hoping you get a boat , that the price creeps up to 150k... a boat that you can take to the lake the next day, turn key and a 30 day warranty looks pretty good... I did not warranty the power though, people can fuc up a ball bearing in a rubber room.... the boat was guaranteed to not have issues....new prop, just serviced, put on a scanner and out drive serviced... sure... if the motor would have blown up the first time out, I would do a refund and take the boat back.. but we are past that, the sea trial went perfect.. and every one is happy... boat ran absolutely perfect and it's pretty much flaw less, my only comp was this 24 fast cat for 70k, plus tax and no warranty, also 6.2 power , and no $2500 new lowered bimini

00W0W_h2bOw0R1tdyz_0jm0aT_600x450.jpg

so anyway, looking for seadoos, jet boat, 210 hallet.... all of which are way over priced...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this whole problem is in my head.... I don't mind having a 40 50 mph toon.. if i also have a real boat , I feel boatless with 2 tri toons...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I really think this cheetah had problems from day one.... and was used on a 35 mph lake... and not knowing better, thought thats how they work....

anyway, it's fixed now...and everyones happy...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I really think this cheetah had problems from day one.... and was used on a 35 mph lake... and not knowing better, thought thats how they work....

anyway, it's fixed now...and everyones happy...wife wants me to buy a new wild cat.