WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Would be cool to get a few different vehicles and just have a few folks watching for cross traffic and set up a couple mile “stage” letting everyone one individually and time it. A friendly competition and learn about the capabilities of each other’s cars.

What you are describing is exactly what I told him then... driving a race car is a pain in the ass and full of compromises most don’t want to make. The SXS is slower but way more nimble and handles better. A U4 is a sledgehammer.

And yea my car is the same as yours, just a ‘16, mostly stock.
They used to do this in Glamis. Cone off a course and time your run. Best run in the class was king! We could do the same

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The race I want to do is from concrete plant to the cabin. It’s about 20 miles. With a large chunk of it in a wash. It’s got trails, washes, tight canyons, boulders, ect.

I’ll bet 500$ I’ll beat wizard to the cabin in my rzr than his ultra 4 on that route.

Anyone else want to try?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The race I want to do is from concrete plant to the cabin. It’s about 20 miles. With a large chunk of it in a wash. It’s got trails, washes, tight canyons, boulders, ect.

I’ll bet 500$ I’ll beat wizard to the cabin in my rzr than his ultra 4 on that route.

Anyone else want to try?

No way.. it’s washes for most of it.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
The annoying part is having to correct misinformation because you can't read, and you are just annoyed that I've been mostly accurate.

I have never ever said the car was perfect, will ever be perfect, the process to build them was perfect or RG was perfect. I have outlined the risks as I see them multiple times.

I will however hold up my track record of shit I have said that actually happened in this process vs. yours where you haven't been right about anything you have said in here. Chalk up this post as another incorrect prognostication.

You literally claimed their new tire has had zero failures. Bullshit.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
AF0E73F2-A25E-4EA8-B4CE-B9C786308014.jpeg
CEDB11A7-2D1C-4384-A143-22A5E9E202CF.jpeg
1493E541-C569-4506-9CFF-E5EED46D5935.jpeg
C49E1337-14BF-4F8F-919C-146274092395.jpeg
BC6B2276-25AC-4297-9237-E27BA823CAC5.jpeg
A0AC33E5-C277-4BB4-BAF9-DA3FB1AADBC5.jpeg

They used to do this in Glamis. Cone off a course and time your run. Best run in the class was king! We could do the same

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
And the point I have always made is Robby will be late on when it comes to market. I am correct so far on that. How am I wrong on 2 years and no cars to the public. You also aren’t getting a car on Feb 1 or whatever the hell you wanted to claim.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well she doesn’t have a back seat or storage but she’s wizard approved for family fun. 😳🤪

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And the point I have always made is Robby will be late on when it comes to market. I am correct so far on that. How am I wrong on 2 years and no cars to the public. You also aren’t getting a car on Feb 1 or whatever the hell you wanted to claim.

How is it two years? I was there the day he announced them. They originally had “hoped” for t day the following year? Which I believe was last thanksgiving? That would be about ten months late…. During a pandemic that has literally shut down a global economy.

You are talking on Robby.. but in fairness aren’t mentioning that nobody can even buy a new truck? Or hell even wheels for the truck?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No way.. it’s washes for most of it.

That would be actually be damn good race actually.

It would come down to driver in an NA car. I think a Turbo car would have an easier time being able to get up to higher speeds in the washes. It gets dicey through some of that wash.

It comes down to how much faster the SXS could get TO the wash.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Huh? I said the cars will be late 2 years ago, and in the first page of this thread, are you parroting me now?? :)

The cars were never coming out 2 years ago, they were announced 2 years ago. If you actually knew what you were talking about this wouldn't be so sad.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You literally claimed their new tire has had zero failures. Bullshit.

The 12 tires on the 3 test cars didn't suffer any failures, yes. I didn't say all the Speed tires are impenetrable.

Dude, whatever meds you are on... double them up tonight.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Huh? I said the cars will be late 2 years ago, and in the first page of this thread, are you parroting me now?? :)

The cars were never coming out 2 years ago, they were announced 2 years ago. If you actually knew what you were talking about this wouldn't be so sad.

You can’t read I guess. I said 2 years ago the cars would be late. I didn’t say there were due 2 years ago. I just said whatever RG says for a date. He will be late. So far I’m right.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Well she doesn’t have a back seat or storage but she’s wizard approved for family fun. 😳🤪
Almost. It's not 4WD.

Some of us don't have kids and how much storage do you need out there? I don't need to bring a pair of crutches, a walker, and a case of smokes...😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You can’t read I guess. I said 2 years ago the cars would be late. I didn’t say there were due 2 years ago. I just said whatever RG says for a date. He will be late. So far I’m right.

I said that too. So the only thing you were right about in this thread came from me, got it. 😂

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I said that too. So the only thing you were right about in this thread came from me, got it. 😂
The 12 tires on the 3 test cars didn't suffer any failures, yes. I didn't say all the Speed tires are impenetrable.

Dude, whatever meds you are on... double them up tonight.

The point is to stop taking every single thing they tell the public as face value facts.

Lol oh ok. The speed car might be great. It might not be. But you all because did a go fund me sxs at this point or a kicker starter account to get a car.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The point is to stop taking every single thing they tell the public as face value facts.

Lol oh ok. The speed car might be great. It might not be. But you all because did a go fund me sxs at this point or a kicker starter account to get a car.

Relaying what was said publicly or what I hear from the source is just that, relaying what was said for the other interested parties - take it for what it is worth. Correcting people like you that don't care to read the information to begin with is just me choosing to deal with stupidity. Like you saying the cars are assembled in China over, and over and over, and being wrong every time you say it.

Yea a bunch of us got in early and got a car for cheaper, and then a pandemic happened that affected supply and prices when up. So yea we are guilty of potentially getting a good deal on a SXS that sounds like it might be decent. It also might explode on the first day I use it, but I doubt it.

So are we done here or do you want to back peddle some more?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Geeez some long winded shit in here. Can we keep it to the cars please.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Relaying what was said publicly or what I hear from the source is just that, relaying what was said for the other interested parties - take it for what it is worth. Correcting people like you that don't care to read the information to begin with is just me choosing to deal with stupidity. Like you saying the cars are assembled in China over, and over and over, and being wrong every time you say it.

Yea a bunch of us got in early and got a car for cheaper, and then a pandemic happened that affected supply and prices when up, Yea we are guilty of potentially getting a good deal on a SXS that sounds like it might be decent..

So are we done here or do you want to back peddle some more?

1. Assembled in USA isn’t the same as made in USA.

2. You literally cannot say anything bad about the car and when I confronted you about the shitty welds you brushed it off as a non issue. Fan boi much? Get paid by Speed, you have been accused of that already. I don’t think so but people think it

3. The car will be later then RG told anyone.

4. You are a go funder not a car owner at this point.

Now I’ll wait for you to pound your keyboard to a short novel next lol. Prove me wrong sucka

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Assembled in USA isn’t the same as made in USA.

No one ever claimed it would be "made in the USA" or made from all US parts, ever. No SXS is anyway.

It is robot welds on a preproduction car.. it is a non issue for me or anyone else that bought a, it was not a customer car.
I've said plenty about the risks of the car and the potential gaps.

You are too worried to lose a grand on my bet that cars will be delivered by Feb 1, so I pretty much own you already.

Backpaddle even more? Or are you done?

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
1. Assembled in USA isn’t the same as made in USA.

2. You literally cannot say anything bad about the car and when I confronted you about the shitty welds you brushed it off as a non issue. Fan boi much? Get paid by Speed, you have been accused of that already. I don’t think so but people think it

3. The car will be later then RG told anyone.

4. You are a go funder not a car owner at this point.

Now I’ll wait for you to pound your keyboard to a short novel next lol. Prove me wrong sucka

You and Wizard Live in "orange peel's" Head.

Nordie

Reaction score
I think the new Speed car is gonna be badass, and a game changer. It will eventually show up, (orders will get filled) and the big corporations will take notice. I'm sure they already have to be honest.

This is where I think RG will make his money and get out of the game, he'll end up selling off to a big Corp or just fade off. My guess is maybe 3 years of cars, but I don't think that they'll sustain. That's where it will get scary for parts n such.

It's tough to beat those big corporations, essentially they'll eliminate him by any means necessary. Take that for what it is, but we have all seen this before.

The car is a hybrid of a custom build, but still a cookie cutter off of the factory floor. I can think of other instances in the boating industry, and remember that chopper craze? Big Dog choppers comes to mind, cookie cutter, but custom with an engine that mimics a Harley Davidson. You know who is still around?

I mean I know I am about to get flamed because, "I have no skin in the game", but I prefer to be on 2 wheels anyhow. You guys gotta let this shit go, the cars will come and happy customers will be happy, but I don't see them around for the long run.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think the new Speed car is gonna be badass, and a game changer. It will eventually show up, (orders will get filled) and the big corporations will take notice. I'm sure they already have to be honest.

This is where I think RG will make his money and get out of the game, he'll end up selling off to a big Corp or just fade off. My guess is maybe 3 years of cars, but I don't think that they'll sustain. That's where it will get scary for parts n such.

It's tough to beat those big corporations, essentially they'll eliminate him by any means necessary. Take that for what it is, but we have all seen this before.

The car is a hybrid of a custom build, but still a cookie cutter off of the factory floor. I can think of other instances in the boating industry, and remember that chopper craze? Big Dog choppers comes to mind, cookie cutter, but custom with an engine that mimics a Harley Davidson. You know who is still around?

I mean I know I am about to get flamed because, "I have no skin in the game", but I prefer to be on 2 wheels anyhow. You guys gotta let this shit go, the cars will come and happy customers will be happy, but I don't see them around for the long run.

Anything is possible. The only reason we are at this point at all is because the big MFGs aren't giving the customer what they want and left a gaping hole in the UTV market. RG and company have worked with 2 of those MFGs in the past, I know from my friend that worked at Textron, they didn't listen to him about a turbo 4 seat Wildcat.

Could he be bought out? Sure. Will the cars go away? I don't think so at this point. Hisun, their manufacturing partner could buy out Speed, or what I see as more likely is buy a stake of the company (maybe they already have a stake in it?). That would change Hisun's offering and lineup completely if the high end UTV market is something they wanted to get into themselves.

They (Speed) have spent a lot of time cultivating the dealer network, and again have over half a billion in backlogged orders to deliver. I think these are going to sell too well to just fall out of the market.

Taboma

Reaction score
500,000,000 cars or dollars of backlogged orders once fullfilled ? Surely you're talking finished unit dollars.

Nordie

Reaction score
Anything is possible. The only reason we are at this point at all is because the big MFGs aren't giving the customer what they want and left a gaping hole in the UTV market. RG and company have worked with 2 of those MFGs in the past, I know from my friend that worked at Textron, they didn't listen to him about a turbo 4 seat Wildcat.

Could he be bought out? Sure. Will the cars go away? I don't think so at this point. Hisun, their manufacturing partner could buy out Speed, or what I see as more likely is buy a stake of the company (maybe they already have a stake in it?). That would change Hisun's offering and lineup completely if the high end UTV market is something they wanted to get into themselves.

They (Speed) have spent a lot of time cultivating the dealer network, and again have over half a billion in backlogged orders to deliver. I think these are going to sell too well to just fall out of the market.

I know you're dubbed the cheerleader of this operation, and in fact I am too. I love seeing a private company stick it to the corporations, but half a billion is pennies to the big boys. I just can't see it sustaining for a long period of time, Speed will have to be adapting now to overcome what the other players are already doing.

They seem to be bringing a Promised badass car to market, which is fantastic! What do you think Polaris and CanAm are doing at this very moment, they have the same head start as Speed does. This has been going on for 2 years yeah? I would imagine the competitors R&D is miles ahead of what Speed is doing.

I'm just bringing a different perspective from an outsider looking in.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I know you're dubbed the cheerleader of this operation, and in fact I am too. I love seeing a private company stick it to the corporations, but half a billion is pennies to the big boys. I just can't see it sustaining for a long period of time, Speed will have to be adapting now to overcome what the other players are already doing.

They seem to be bringing a Promised badass car to market, which is fantastic! What do you think Polaris and CanAm are doing at this very moment, they have the same head start as Speed does. This has been going on for 2 years yeah? I would imagine the competitors R&D is miles ahead of what Speed is doing.

I'm just bringing a different perspective from an outsider looking in.

Polaris has a new car.. they have been rumoring and leaking pictures of it for 2 years. They have a huge gap in their lineup right now, and they have no extreme performance SXS. So it stands to reason they will be announcing their new car soon. It is supposed to be 1.XL and NA with 220 HP. Basically it is over 1L in engine size with a transmission and 77ish” wide. If the regulations change to meet that car, that will could change the entire market. Speed does not have the money to lobby for those legislative changes. They did design their engine to go bigger though.

Can am had minor changes for 2022. The issue is that these MFGs aren’t going to make a new chassis from the ground up mid cycle. Polaris has their new car it just came out 2 years ago. Maybe something new will come from Can Am, but all that is in the rumor mill is a new transmission.

Add to the fact that Polaris and Can Am are giant corporations that report to shareholders, they are beholden to the good and bad that comes with that. They already have their lineup plans locked in for the next couple years. They are not going to make an investment until their marketshare is impacted. Speed is starting with a top performance car first. These highest spec cars are not the best sellers and everyone else does the complete opposite. They bring the highest performance models out last and bring the high volume/high profit models out first. Speed is just a performance SXS brand, It is a niche product. It does not represent a huge impact to the total marketshare of Can Am and Polaris yet, if ever. I don’t see them selling 30k of these a year, ever like Polaris and CanAm do.

Just my thoughts relative to your perspective.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Will someone take me for a ride in a Speed UTV when they are delivered?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Almost. It's not 4WD.

Some of us don't have kids and how much storage do you need out there? I don't need to bring a pair of crutches, a walker, and a case of smokes...😂

Your idea of cooler and mine are different Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will be really glad when these cars are delivered.

This thread ain’t gonna stop!

Wizard is gonna say they suck.. I’m gonna say bring it.. and then I’m gonna do donuts around his broken down U4 and film it while throwing hundred dollar bills on fire at him from all the money I saved by getting into a speed car early.

RD.

PS I’m gonna roost LOF just because he’s down the wait list

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Wizard is gonna say they suck.. I’m gonna say bring it.. and then I’m gonna do donuts around his broken down U4 and film it while throwing hundred dollar bills on fire at him from all the money I saved by getting into a speed car early.

RD.

FML.

yz450mm

Reaction score

RD.

Ho-lee-fook, that might be the funniest thing I've ever read. Thread closed, game over. Everybody go home.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Polaris has a new car.. they have been rumoring and leaking pictures of it for 2 years. They have a huge gap in their lineup right now, and they have no extreme performance SXS. So it stands to reason they will be announcing their new car soon. It is supposed to be 1.XL and NA with 220 HP. Basically it is over 1L in engine size with a transmission and 77ish” wide. If the regulations change to meet that car, that will could change the entire market. Speed does not have the money to lobby for those legislative changes. They did design their engine to go bigger though.

Can am had minor changes for 2022. The issue is that these MFGs aren’t going to make a new chassis from the ground up mid cycle. Polaris has their new car it just came out 2 years ago. Maybe something new will come from Can Am, but all that is in the rumor mill is a new transmission.

Add to the fact that Polaris and Can Am are giant corporations that report to shareholders, they are beholden to the good and bad that comes with that. They already have their lineup plans locked in for the next couple years. They are not going to make an investment until their marketshare is impacted. Speed is starting with a top performance car first. These highest spec cars are not the best sellers and everyone else does the complete opposite. They bring the highest performance models out last and bring the high volume/high profit models out first. Speed is just a performance SXS brand, It is a niche product. It does not represent a huge impact to the total marketshare of Can Am and Polaris yet, if ever. I don’t see them selling 30k of these a year, ever like Polaris and CanAm do.

Just my thoughts relative to your perspective.
I told you I wasn’t going to comment further, but....

I’m not sure you understand how R&D dollars are allocated to keep a market leader, a market leader. You’re commenting as though you have some inside tract into the Polaris BOD. Being a Motorsports company, their Board is likely comprised of a combination of bean counters and actual users and probably racers or racing enthusiasts. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday rings true.

Polaris (and others) likely are waiting watching while building and testing. The BOD will not allow their market position to be eclipsed by RD or Speed. Just common sense tells us this. Polaris likely has the next generation and probably the one after that in planning, testing and justified to remain the market leader.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love the David and Goliath story but it just doesn’t make sense. If he succeeds good for him. Money, marketing ting and common sense tell me otherwise.

The American Dream...reach for the stars RG.

RCDave

Reaction score
The reactions to this thread are predictable.

A bunch of guys bench racing about their man toys on the innerweb.

Led by a guy (no insult intended) that responds to each post involving every bolt, weld, millimeter, micrometer, centimeter, bolt, nut, suspension, shock, hp, tq, etc etc etc....

Naturally such intense defense of every aspect of a product creates an impression.....some guys wonder if there might be a financial advantage or benefit to investing so much time and energy on the topic. And paints a bullseye on the old forehead of said poster by those inclined to question and pot shot that level of intensity. Like installing neon lights 24/7 on this new car.

Lower the light and the pot shots will likely reduce significantly

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
LOF, to my point, you realize in 2018 Polaris purchased boat holdings in a 805 million ALL CASH deal? Made them the largest pontoon boat builder in the world.

You really think Speed represents even a speed bump to them?

Just outspend, out engineer him.

Let’s say Polaris offers a real whizbang SXS immediately after the Speed cars roll out. Does he possess the time, money or energy to re-engineer yet another, higher quality, higher performing car?

As far as price, Polaris has the money to sell a car that should be 50k for 35k just to starve a competitor to death. Speed isn’t there.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Just to add to the Non-Sense Polaris is rurmored to have big announcements in Nov 2021. I can not confirm nor deny what they will announce.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Just to add to the Non-Sense Polaris is rurmored to have big announcements in Nov 2021. I can not confirm nor deny what they will announce.
Exactly my point. Polaris has an exact battle plan in place. Makes zero sense to show their cards before Speed shows theirs

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
LOF, to my point, you realize in 2018 Polaris purchased boat holdings in a 805 million ALL CASH deal? Made them the largest pontoon boat builder in the world.

You really think Speed represents even a speed bump to them?

Just outspend, out engineer him.

Let’s say Polaris offers a real whizbang SXS immediately after the Speed cars roll out. Does he possess the time, money or energy to re-engineer yet another, higher quality, higher performing car?

As far as price, Polaris has the money to sell a car that should be 50k for 35k just to starve a competitor to death. Speed isn’t there.

I don’t disagree with you but that’s the position that Yamaha took with the Rhino and Polaris was gunning for the top spot and the RZR 800 landed and rocked the market.

If RG can keep the ego in check and instead surround himself with individuals who are much more intelligent than he is this car has the potential to send ripples in the market the way that the RZR did to the Rhino.

riverroyal

Reaction score
What size cooler? How many beers? How much ice? We need a fresh argument in this thread.
You talkin to me focker...ha
Prob some seltzers, few corona cans. Maybe a vodka can drink
10lb of ice. You gotta problem with that?

Ive been watching lillyhammer on Netflix, my gangster lingo is solid right now

Status
Not open for further replies.