WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spider webs??

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Every morning there are new webs full of gnats around the windows and doors of our Havasu house this time of year. But there isn’t any spider. There are lots of trapped little bugs but nobody around to eat them. Wipe them off every day and they are back each morning.

I’m guessing the bugs are attracted to the outside lights and get caught, always wondered what eats them though.
DC332BFB-04D1-47C9-BE76-84BD9E52C3A2.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

oldschool

Reaction score
Every morning there are new webs full of gnats around the windows and doors of our Havasu house this time of year. But there isn’t any spider. There are lots of trapped little bugs but nobody around to eat them. Wipe them off every day and they are back each morning.

I’m guessing the bugs are attracted to the outside lights and get caught, always wondered what eats them though.
View attachment 1057244
Oh, they are there, you just haven’t seen them.

oldschool

Reaction score
I’m out walking citrus groves almost every day and constantly dealing with spider webs. Walking through them gives me the hebby jebbies, but when there’s a big spider in front of your face as you walk through the web takes it up a notch.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
The randomness of the web looks like a black widow built it, but they don't do webs and abandon them. They also build mostly in concealed spaces, not in the open like that. I doubt a poisonous arachnid is responsible, so don't burn down the house yet.

Your best bet in identifying the spider is to search web types with photos on the internet.

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m out walking citrus groves almost every day and constantly dealing with spider webs. Walking through them gives me the hebby jebbies, but when there’s a big spider in front of your face as you walk through the web takes it up a notch.

Those Orb spider webs, especially with that big plump bastard perched in the middle is the shit horror movies are made of. :eek: If you walk into it, you're freaking because the web is like monofilament fishing line and you just know that big bastard is now in your hair. 🤯

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
If that type web is in a dark corner somewhere it would be a black widow.
So you know there are A LOT of black widows in the refuge. Watch what you pick up out in the yard
When we were building homes there they would love to go inside a framed home.
We were getting ready to put rock down up in Williams and this giant wolf spider? was just sitting there.
As big as a silver dollar.
Resized_20210926_105238(1).jpg

Always see tarantulas there too but they seem harmless and just go on their way
IMG_1394.JPG

2Driver

Reaction score
He’s living in your window sill or window frame somewhere. Does his biz at night.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
This year at the ranch has been the worst , I theorize lack of rain , I have cobwebs on cob webs around the property , I hate most all BUT love me some Tarantulas , just missed this guy last week creeping across my road (compare to the tire track)

Attachments

• Resized_20210925_110008_3814.jpeg
    Resized_20210925_110008_3814.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 17

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Spray the webs. If it is black widows making them, they injest their webs. Spray the web and you will find a dead spider near by soon after.

We have monthly pest control at the Havasu house and never have had any issues.