Rack Storage at its finest!!

Tank

Reaction score
Rack city, rack rack city! @LargeOrangeFont

Coming to havasu soon. šŸ˜šŸ˜

71E1620F-78B2-48A4-92CB-446000333C3C.jpeg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Why can't you cover a boat in storage? Throw on one of those elastic dust covers just before it get racked...

Tank

Reaction score
That is literally the entire rack storage market in Havasu right there in the picture šŸ˜‚.

We shall see. My money
Is on it being a huge hit and booked solid / no room available.

Tank

Reaction score
Why can't you cover a boat in storage? Throw on one of those elastic dust covers just before it get racked...

You can. All three boats in the middle have covers on.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We shall see. My money
Is on it being a huge hit and booked solid / no room available.

I agree for the dozen or so people that want to spend $1500-$2k a month on storage.

We wonā€™t know for another decade either way.

As Iā€™ve always said, someone will start a valet service instead. Way lower overhead.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Open building every day, Desert wind and dust blowing through.. every boat will be dusty all the time and need a full wipe down before use. Dust will get under the cover, and wet boats above your leaking dirty water into your boat..

Tank

Reaction score
Open building every day, Desert wind and dust blowing through.. every boat will be dusty all the time and need a full wipe down before use. Dust will get under the cover, and wet boats above your leaking dirty water into your boat..

Boat detailed, fueled iced down and beer and food stocked, sitting at the dock ready to go when you walk up. The program works. People love it. It's gonna be HUGE in Havasu. ;) :) šŸ‘

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Boat detailed, fueled iced down and beer and food stocked, sitting at the dock ready to go when you walk up. The program works. People love it. It's gonna be HUGE in Havasu. ;) :) šŸ‘

I just want you to notice a rack is not in that paragraph... I agree. šŸ˜‰

Springfield

Reaction score
I saw last week the Havasu planning turned down a new 3 story rack storage in north Havasu. Well maybe it was just storage. šŸ˜‚
Was that your place LOF?

bocco

Reaction score
I used to store my boat at Whiskey Slough Marina on the Delta. It worked great. They used a huge fork lift to put the boat and trailer on the racks so your boat was always on the correct trailer and not just 2 pieces of wood. Dust and dirt weren't a problem and the trailer tires were always out of the sun and off the ground. They did launch and retrieval with tractors. They would pull me out as soon as I got back. Then I could clean and cover.

I do prefer my boat close to home so I can tinker with it.

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
There is probably no better time than now, to pitch the City for another marina. You just need to point out the traffic and ramp problems that you would be solving. Itā€™s calledā€¦ā€¦ Whatā€™s in it for them! Then propose to put up all the funding for a 99 year lease.

If anybody is interested in pursuing the aboveā€¦ā€¦ I will be a big investor, and provide all the legal representation. There Is a lot of profit in owning a marina.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There is probably no better time than now, to pitch the City for another marina. You just need to point out the traffic and ramp problems that you would be solving. Itā€™s calledā€¦ā€¦ Whatā€™s in it for them! Then propose to put up all the funding for a 99 year lease.

If anybody is interested in pursuing the aboveā€¦ā€¦ I will be a big investor, and provide all the legal representation. There Is a lot of profit in owning a marina.

The current "New" Marina was promised to be done over 3 years ago :) It might be open before next boating season.. maybe.

Reactions: DWC

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Yeah I think rack storage will find a place anywhere land or water access is limited. If u can stack 3 high you triple your revenue? Itā€™s not quite that simple I know

Tank

Reaction score
I used to store my boat at Whiskey Slough Marina on the Delta. It worked great. They used a huge fork lift to put the boat and trailer on the racks so your boat was always on the correct trailer and not just 2 pieces of wood. Dust and dirt weren't a problem and the trailer tires were always out of the sun and off the ground. They did launch and retrieval with tractors. They would pull me out as soon as I got back. Then I could clean and cover.

I do prefer my boat close to home so I can tinker with it.
I'm curious to see if they plan on doing boats on trailers or no trailers. I know there's the two different ways but it does seem most rack storage places across the country do the non-trailer storage. Which as LOF pointed out, people then need to store their trailers. In Florida they actually have huge lots that just store empty trailers for those boats that are rack stored.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if they plan on doing boats on trailers or no trailers. I know there's the two different ways but it does seem most rack storage places across the country do the non-trailer storage. Which as LOF pointed out, people then need to store their trailers. In Florida they actually have huge lots that just store empty trailers for those boats that are rack stored.

I have to ask.

So would we then build an indoor storage facility for all the quadruple throw down trailers all the Havasu folks have? No one is going to leave those to rot in the sun. Would that be another rack type storage... or would that just be a normal storage community with garages like every other one in town?

If it is another storage community with garages... why wouldn't you just store your boat on the trailer in said garage?

Again, I agree that the valet SERVICE would sell. I just don't see the business model boat, trailer, and logistical infrastructure working out, unless it was funded by the state somehow. If I am wrong, I should start building a trailer storage facility for these poor saps.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I have to ask.

So would we then build an indoor storage facility for all the quadruple throw down trailers all the Havasu folks have? No one is going to leave those to rot in the sun. Would that be another rack type storage... or would that just be a normal storage community with garages like every other one in town?

If it is another storage community with garages... why wouldn't you just store your boat on the trailer in said garage?

Again, I agree that the valet SERVICE would sell. I just don't see the business model boat, trailer, and logistical infrastructure working out, unless it was funded by the state somehow. If I am wrong, I should start building a trailer storage facility for these poor saps.
Store the trailer on the side of your house? You could even store your boat there too? Oh wait why would you need the rack storage if you could do that. People are lazy that's why. I think some people would buy boats without trailers if they could.

Tank

Reaction score
I have to ask.

usually how it works is boat owner is responsible for storing trailer. Sometimes some of the storage facilities have offsite yards to store them. But as you said, when you have a 100-250k tilt trailer you don't really want it to be sitting outside.

However, I think you underestimate this business model and who it's catering too. I personally know a few people that are already chomping at the bit to get their boats in there. Their plan is to leave the trailer in their home garages. The ease of calling up the valet and having it pulled out of rack storage, placed in the water and ready to go so you and your friends park the car (or the plane after you fly in) get to the dock, jump in and go. End of day, tie it up and throw them the keys. Byyyyyyyye. It's a different world man and it's SUPER appealing to people with big money. People at that level will keep their high dollar trailer in a storage unit or their house. Aint no thang to them. And it's not a handful of people that can and will do this. It's a LOT. But it's not for the "family boater" with their 20-28 run-a-bout. It's for the ballers. and if you build it, they will come. There's nearly 2 mil in boats sitting in that pic above and that's just a few boats that TNT (where that pic was taken) stores. People with big money consider time = money. Less time dicking around getting shit ready and cleaned up after the more time they can focus on other shit.

Valet service to have someone pick up your boat from storage and launch it and tow it around town and shit comes with liability issues and other hassles of launching etc. One stop shop is very appealing. I'm telling you, rack storage does not fail in any city it's offered. Whether it's Florida, Michigan, Newport harbor, LOTO, Delta or anywhere else, there's 9 times out of 10 a waiting list to get in.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Store the trailer on the side of your house? You could even store your boat there too? Oh wait why would you need the rack storage if you could do that. People are lazy that's why. I think some people would buy boats without trailers if they could.

Not uncommon elsewhere at all to not have a trailer. I dont think that will be the case often in Havasu but I'm sure some will opt for that route.

PlanB

Reaction score
Not uncommon elsewhere at all to not have a trailer. I dont think that will be the case often in Havasu but I'm sure some will opt for that route.

My Cig did not come with a trailer. I think most people on the West coast assume every boat comes with one from the factory.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
The current "New" Marina was promised to be done over 3 years ago :) It might be open before next boating season.. maybe.
I talked to a Rivera sales person last month about rack storage. I was told it will be one of the last improvements to be built. I got the impression that it will be late 2023 or 2024.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
usually how it works is boat owner is responsible for storing trailer. Sometimes some of the storage facilities have offsite yards to store them. But as you said, when you have a 100-250k tilt trailer you don't really want it to be sitting outside.

However, I think you underestimate this business model and who it's catering too. I personally know a few people that are already chomping at the bit to get their boats in there. Their plan is to leave the trailer in their home garages. The ease of calling up the valet and having it pulled out of rack storage, placed in the water and ready to go so you and your friends park the car (or the plane after you fly in) get to the dock, jump in and go. End of day, tie it up and throw them the keys. Byyyyyyyye. It's a different world man and it's SUPER appealing to people with big money. People at that level will keep their high dollar trailer in a storage unit or their house. Aint no thang to them. And it's not a handful of people that can and will do this. It's a LOT.

Valet service to have someone pick up your boat from storage and launch it and tow it around town and shit comes with liability issues and other hassles of launching etc. One stop shop is very appealing. I'm telling you, rack storage does not fail in any city it's offered. Whether it's Florida, Michigan, Newport harbor, LOTO, Delta or anywhere else, there's 9 times out of 10 a waiting list to get in.

I agree with you, just not anywhere near the scale of 300 boats. No one wants a boat trailer sitting in their garage (maybe 30 guys do, again, not 300).

Everyone says it is a great idea until you tell them it will be $2k a month to store their boat, and trailer, and whatever $300 fee everytime they use the boat to prep, clean and reprep for storage. No one with even a 300k boat is going to pay that much for storage. Letā€™s not even talk about the fact that no stackable rack storage facility will be able to handle the new pontoon boats as They are too tall, youā€™d either have to limit the storage spaces and only stack them 2 high, or build a 5 story building.

And with any service of the boat you incur that same liability you are trying to avoid, driving all over town getting trailers, putting boats on trailers, dragging them around for service, and all again on the backside. The boat, the lift, the rack, the storage.. all liabilities as well.

I get that is works elsewhere at a larger scale because there are storage constraints elsewhere and the boating culture is a little different elsewhere.

Again I agree with you it is viable for 30 maybe even 50 boats. I just donā€™t see that being enough to justify the infrastructure.

300 boats? Letā€™s get 300 houses in the Riviera first šŸ˜‚.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I talked to a Rivera sales person last month about rack storage. I was told it will be one of the last improvements to be built. I got the impression that it will be late 2023 or 2024.
It's Havasu, that means 2033 or 2034. :) But yes, I can see that as a low priority.

Tank

Reaction score
I agree with you, just not anywhere near the scale of 300 boats. No one wants a boat trailer sitting in their garage (maybe 30 guys do, again, not 300).

Everyone says it is a great idea until you tell them it will be $2k a month to store their boat, and trailer, and whatever $300 fee everytime they use the boat to prep, clean and reprep for storage. No one with even a 300k boat is going to pay that much for storage. Letā€™s not even talk about the fact that no stackable rack storage facility will be able to handle the new pontoon boats as They are too tall, youā€™d either have to limit the storage spaces and only stack them 2 high, or build a 5 story building.

And with any service of the boat you incur that same liability you are trying to avoid, driving all over town getting trailers, putting boats on trailers, dragging them around for service, and all again on the backside. The boat, the lift, the rack, the storage.. all liabilities as well.

I get that is works elsewhere at a larger scale because there are storage constraints elsewhere and the boating culture is a little different elsewhere.

Again I agree with you it is viable for 30 maybe even 50 boats. I just donā€™t see that being enough to justify the infrastructure.

300 boats? Letā€™s get 300 houses in the Riviera first šŸ˜‚.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ‘

We shall see.

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The High n Dry rack storage business is booming in Florida. The prices have doubled just in the past 3 years. They are not just for ballers either. Itā€™s a convenient way for those who would rather not trailer their boats. Itā€™s not $2,000 either for the average boat. More like $600 to $900 per month. Now if you want your 30ā€™ boat to be in rack storage at Marine Stadium in Miami, that will be approx $1300 per month. The state of the art, new high n dry in Fort Lauderdale, that is all computer controlled, and will lift your, up to 48ā€™ yacht, 13 stories, is only $2500 per month. I recently toured it when it was under construction.

Lots of homeowners make side cash by storing trailers in back yards. I pay $480 per year to store my trailer at a horse ranch. There is approx 40 trailers there. No boats allowedā€¦ā€¦ just your trailer.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I agree for the dozen or so people that want to spend $1500-$2k a month on storage.

We wonā€™t know for another decade either way.

As Iā€™ve always said, someone will start a valet service instead. Way lower overhead.
Just a note.... Rack storage for a 30' in Newport Beach 5 years ago was $650/ mth. They flush, wipe and store.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just a note.... Rack storage for a 30' in Newport Beach 5 years ago was $650/ mth. They flush, wipe and store.

Indoor? No one is letting their boat bake on a rack outside in Havasu.

Its near $500/month for an indoor unit in Havasu for a 50 foot space. No flush, no wipe down, no valet. Want a climate controlled unit? about double that, not that the rack storage will be climate controlled at all.

You have to store the boat, also the trailer, Just that is double the storage costs. Now you have to pay for a new facility at the most expensive time to build anything, ever. It is the only facility like it in Havasu, so you can't tell me they wont charge a huge uplift for the exclusivity. Now you'll need a boat wash and prep, that gonna be $50-75 minimum each time you request it. Now add in the fees to take the boat down to get serviced. Now add in the valet services each time you use the boat - fuel, ice, food, etc.

Now look at Tank's picture in post 1. No rollbar boats are going to fit, no pontoons are going to fit. Ok, now we reduce the number of rack spaces to address a wider market.. what does that do to the price?

How many of these 300 boats are gonna be used every weekend? I can't see them doing more than 10% of that... they would be prepping boats all morning... and putting boats away all night. What are you gonna do, have to schedule your pickup time OK. Now you are scheduling your return time? No? Ok, now you going to leave your half a million dollar+ boat at the dock for some Havasu kid to figure out how to drive it and not bounce it off the docks? Now throw in winds and monsoons.

And everyone here is pissed they have to pay $20 to beach at Pirates.

I freely admit all of the above are solvable problems, however there are few with the follow through in Havasu to be problem solvers of this magnitude, when an offsite storage facility nearby solves ALL the problems I outlined for far cheaper at a greater scale.

@Tank - Can one boat lift potentially lift a pontoon, a center pod cat, a non center pod cat, and a V? Or does reconfiguration to the lift need to be done when you change boat hull types? I see a toon being a potential challenge.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
SO how much to you think this Valet service will run?

I'm thinking it's around 4-6 hours of work, including specialized skills to have a crew launch and retrieve big boy boats like those.

Add in insurance, time and grocery money (if you are stocking for them) and I'm thinking 2-3k every time you launch it.

Are you going to provide concierge service daily to each customer to keep them stocked, or at least offer it? Another 500-2k depending on what they want.

Just curious to see what big boy ballers would consider a deal as far as the time=money exchange.

You would need a fucking solid group of responsible individuals to pull this off....and I am starting low purposely. I actually think those prices would be double.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score
Now if this "valet service" was willing to take your boat at 3am, find a spot in the channel to park it, set up your ez up and wait for you to get there. Then come pick it up when you are done. Now that would be a moneymaker!! These channel rats would be stoked as they wouldn't even have to drive their own boat!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I use to leave my cig at TNT during the winter, it actually might be the middle boat on the second level up in tanks pic. but it was $800 month.
call them ahead of time and it was waiting in the water when we showed up. totally awesome. come back take our bags and go to the airport.
they would wash and flush it and back in the rack. had to have the trailer stored someplace else thou. and when buying boats out there a lot of them don't come with trailers.

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here a video of my local High N Dry.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

However, I think you underestimate this business model and who it's catering too. I personally know a few people that are already chomping at the bit to get their boats in there. Their plan is to leave the trailer in their home garages. The ease of calling up the valet and having it pulled out of rack storage, placed in the water and ready to go so you and your friends park the car (or the plane after you fly in) get to the dock, jump in and go. End of day, tie it up and throw them the keys. Byyyyyyyye. It's a different world man and it's SUPER appealing to people with big money. People at that level will keep their high dollar trailer in a storage unit or their house. Aint no thang to them. And it's not a handful of people that can and will do this. It's a LOT. But it's not for the "family boater" with their 20-28 run-a-bout. It's for the ballers. and if you build it, they will come. There's nearly 2 mil in boats sitting in that pic above and that's just a few boats that TNT (where that pic was taken) stores. People with big money consider time = money. Less time dicking around getting shit ready and cleaned up after the more time they can focus on other shit.

Yup.... I waited 6 mos in Newport. Chose to just use the launch service at Dunes.... I woulda had to pay add'l ~$150 just to store my trailer in a dirt lot if went with racks. That'd put storage total to $800/mth, lol......Sure did like the idea of leaving boat for them to hassle with though! My buddy using rack said I'd be unhappy with the black asphalt foot tracks the cleaners would leave in my oh so clean boat.

Its near $500/month for an indoor unit in Havasu for a 50 foot space. No flush, no wipe down, no valet. Want a climate controlled unit? about double that, not that the rack storage will be climate controlled at all.

You have to store the boat, also the trailer, Just that is double the storage costs. Now you have to pay for a new facility at the most expensive time to build anything, ever. It is the only facility like it in Havasu, so you can't tell me they wont charge a huge uplift for the exclusivity. Now you'll need a boat wash and prep, that gonna be $50-75 minimum each time you request it. Now add in the fees to take the boat down to get serviced. Now add in the valet services each time you use the boat - fuel, ice, food, etc.

Now look at Tank's picture in post 1. No rollbar boats are going to fit, no pontoons are going to fit. Ok, now we reduce the number of rack spaces to address a wider market.. what does that do to the price?

How many of these 300 boats are gonna be used every weekend? I can't see them doing more than 10% of that... they would be prepping boats all morning... and putting boats away all night. What are you gonna do, have to schedule your pickup time OK. Now you are scheduling your return time? No? Ok, now you going to leave your half a million dollar+ boat at the dock for some Havasu kid to figure out how to drive it and not bounce it off the docks? Now throw in winds and monsoons.

I freely admit all of the above are solvable problems, however there are few with the follow through in Havasu to be problem solvers of this magnitude, when an offsite storage facility nearby solves ALL the problems I outlined for far cheaper at a greater scale.

@Tank - Can one boat lift potentially lift a pontoon, a center pod cat, a non center pod cat, and a V? Or does reconfiguration to the lift need to be done when you change boat hull types? I see a toon being a potential challenge.
No, outdoor.... I believe its around 3 stories tall https://lidoyachtanchorage.com/drystack.htm

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yup.... I waited 6 mos in Newport. Chose to just use the launch service at Dunes.... I woulda had to pay add'l ~$150 just to store my trailer in a dirt lot if went with racks. That'd put storage total to $800/mth, lol......Sure did like the idea of leaving boat for them to hassle with though! My buddy using rack said I'd be unhappy with the black asphalt foot tracks the cleaners would leave in my oh so clean boat.
No, outdoor.... I believe its around 3 stories tall https://lidoyachtanchorage.com/drystack.htm
Is there any indoor rack storage in Newport?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The High n Dry rack storage business is booming in Florida. The prices have doubled just in the past 3 years. They are not just for ballers either. Itā€™s a convenient way for those who would rather not trailer their boats. Itā€™s not $2,000 either for the average boat. More like $600 to $900 per month. Now if you want your 30ā€™ boat to be in rack storage at Marine Stadium in Miami, that will be approx $1300 per month. The state of the art, new high n dry in Fort Lauderdale, that is all computer controlled, and will lift your, up to 48ā€™ yacht, 13 stories, is only $2500 per month. I recently toured it when it was under construction.

Lots of homeowners make side cash by storing trailers in back yards. I pay $480 per year to store my trailer at a horse ranch. There is approx 40 trailers there. No boats allowedā€¦ā€¦ just your trailer.
48' boat @ 13 stories? Whoa! I think our lil 3 story rack has a 6500 lb limit.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Is there any indoor rack storage in Newport?
No.... I heard some noise about one on some land based in Back Bay right where PCH crosses over.... that noise was maybe 10 years ago. And I doubt they'd ever build an indoor facility here... unnecessary building expense ... weathers too perfect.

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

On my lake, there are several indoor rack facilities. And most of the tenants are family boaters 20-28 ft run abouts. But like you said, its ease of use. Half of the people who keep their boats there don't know how to back up a trailer and 3/4 of the boats on my lake dont even have trailers. Ask me why I own 2 trailers with no boats on them.

There is alot to be said about the convenience of just driving up in your Tesla and hopping in the boat to go burn some gas

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Why doesnt Havasu just explore the Lake Arrowhead type rack storage? It seems there would be plenty of space on the shoreline (like at a marina) and with the proper construction it could house tons of boats (basically as long as you want to make the barn), and it could pick them up and drop them in the water directly.

Now to LOF's point, maybe you need different cranes for different bottom types (cats, v's and toons), but with a large enough barn you could segregate it out into cat, v and toon sections.

Arrowhead's boat barn has the boat crane built into it on a giant gantry system, its not guys with forklifts.

Tank

Reaction score

I think youā€™re way over thinking it and (and this isnā€™t meant to be a diss or jab) I think your lack of actually experience an indoor high/ dry rack storage makes it difficult for you to grasp how it works or have the vision to see it could TOTALLY work in havasu. Iā€™m surprised shit had g been built yet.

But to answer some of the questions.

* Usually places donā€™t charge per launch retrieve. Itā€™s included in the monthly fee.

* Thereā€™s no running the boats around via power. The fork lift drops the boat and the boat is moved via lines to a slip along the dock.

* these types places have a liquor store / Convenience store attached where they get ice, beer, sandwiches. You are charged for what you buy and a service fee for the loading that usually isnā€™t a huge amount. But the marina is making money on overpriced goods and a stocking fee. Itā€™s not so much that itā€™s not worth it to the boater but enough to make it worth it for the marina

* Fuel docks are at the marina and the marina is making money off that at 5-$6 a gallon

* Wash fee I believe was like $50 bucks. It was wiped down when it was out in usually for free and then $50 to spray wipe and flush (in the ocean).

* The racks are actually adjustable. That portion in the pic above is set up for offshore vee hulls. If you could pan over to the left youā€™d see huge center consoles and other types of boats. TNT just puts all the bitchen offshore boats right there so when the huge bay door is open thatā€™s what you see. But the racks actually bolt together like an erector set and can be raised or lowered to fit any style boat. Wake boat pontoon 39ā€™ Nortec with huge hardtopā€¦no problem.

* fork lift is one size fits all. It spreads out to slide the lifts from the outside or can be slid together (hydraulically obviously) to go down the tunnel of a 50 skater or 20ā€™ pontoon.

When I said ballers earlier Iā€™m referring to the whole package and youā€™re right there are only so many people that own a million dollar skater or DCB or MTI. But there there and the money you quoted is a drop in the bucket to those that pay fro convenience (and I think your numbers are way high). It was $800 a month to store buddies 42ā€™ tiger at TNT. like stated above prices have gone up as is with everything right now but they build it - People will come.

Rest of the racks will be joe blow wake boats pontoons, lake boats etc.
and I donā€™t see it being crazy more than current storage.

Trailers? Meh, figure it out I guess. People always do. If I were to keep our boat there Iā€™d find a place to put the trailer out there and not sweat it. It can sit out. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Or Iā€™d drag it home and keep it here.

Bottom line, These thing kill ANYWHERE theyā€™re built. Itā€™s gonna be a big deal when itā€™s up and running. I guarantee it.

My sole reservation about its success is how itā€™s managed. That will be the make or break. If itā€™s run like a Florida rack storage itā€™s gonna thrive. If itā€™s run like the typical ā€œhavasu timeā€ thereā€™s gonna be problems. People will pay but they expect to get what they pay for.

riverroyal

Reaction score
A concierge service i would consider. Not using one. Actually being that guy to get you dialed in for the day. Sounds like a great part time retirement job.
Water, garage, shop, havasu, powell, newport, mead.
Give me a gas card and credit card. I will bill you by the hour...oncall service as well.

Like a boat bitch uber grub hub service

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think youā€™re way over thinking it and (and this isnā€™t meant to be a diss or jab) I think your lack of actually experience an indoor high/ dry rack storage makes it difficult for you to grasp how it works or have the vision to see it could TOTALLY work in havasu. Iā€™m surprised shit had g been built yet.

But to answer some of the questions.

* Usually places donā€™t charge per launch retrieve. Itā€™s included in the monthly fee.

* Thereā€™s no running the boats around via power. The fork lift drops the boat and the boat is moved via lines to a slip along the dock.

* these types places have a liquor store / Convenience store attached where they get ice, beer, sandwiches. You are charged for what you buy and a service fee for the loading that usually isnā€™t a huge amount. But the marina is making money on overpriced goods and a stocking fee. Itā€™s not so much that itā€™s not worth it to the boater but enough to make it worth it for the marina

* Fuel docks are at the marina and the marina is making money off that at 5-$6 a gallon

* Wash fee I believe was like $50 bucks. It was wiped down when it was out in usually for free and then $50 to spray wipe and flush (in the ocean).

* The racks are actually adjustable. That portion in the pic above is set up for offshore vee hulls. If you could pan over to the left youā€™d see huge center consoles and other types of boats. TNT just puts all the bitchen offshore boats right there so when the huge bay door is open thatā€™s what you see. But the racks actually bolt together like an erector set and can be raised or lowered to fit any style boat. Wake boat pontoon 39ā€™ Nortec with huge hardtopā€¦no problem.

* fork lift is one size fits all. It spreads out to slide the lifts from the outside or can be slid together (hydraulically obviously) to go down the tunnel of a 50 skater or 20ā€™ pontoon.

When I said ballers earlier Iā€™m referring to the whole package and youā€™re right there are only so many people that own a million dollar skater or DCB or MTI. But there there and the money you quoted is a drop in the bucket to those that pay fro convenience (and I think your numbers are way high). It was $800 a month to store buddies 42ā€™ tiger at TNT. like stated above prices have gone up as is with everything right now but they build it - People will come.

Rest of the racks will be joe blow wake boats pontoons, lake boats etc.
and I donā€™t see it being crazy more than current storage.

Trailers? Meh, figure it out I guess. People always do. If I were to keep our boat there Iā€™d find a place to put the trailer out there and not sweat it. It can sit out. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Or Iā€™d drag it home and keep it here.

Bottom line, These thing kill ANYWHERE theyā€™re built. Itā€™s gonna be a big deal when itā€™s up and running. I guarantee it.

My sole reservation about its success is how itā€™s managed. That will be the make or break. If itā€™s run like a Florida rack storage itā€™s gonna thrive. If itā€™s run like the typical ā€œhavasu timeā€ thereā€™s gonna be problems. People will pay but they expect to get what they pay for.

Thank you for the insight @Tank. You are correct I donā€™t know how itā€™s packaged monthly, but I do know what storage costs are, what land costs are and the cost to build that one off facility with the staff and infrastructure needed is hefty.

As you said, and I completely agree, itā€™s gonna be for those with $500k+ boats. It will work for a for a few dozen people, that has always been my contention. I still donā€™t think we will see it at scale anytime this decade.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the insight @Tank. You are correct I donā€™t know how itā€™s packaged monthly, but I do know what storage costs are, what land costs are and the cost to build that one off facility with the staff and infrastructure needed is hefty.

As you said, and I completely agree, itā€™s gonna be for those with $500k+ boats. It will work for a for a few dozen people, that has always been my contention. I still donā€™t think we will see it at scale anytime this decade.

No one else Gives A Shit!!:)