Not open for further replies.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with the Tesla truck? :p :p
I heard the rivian is making a splash
rivian.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Question, but I don't think anyone here will know, but I'll ask anyway. I understand the Speed car is made in China, doesn't bother me really, is what it is. The question is, does the company have one of their representatives on the ground at the facility? I didn't know that was really a thing until recently. A guy I know used to work for a company manufacturing the tail lamp assemblies for Ford Motor Company. He lived in China for 5-6 years, and was the go between for the Ford engineers, and the Chinese manufacturer.

With the stuff I was involved with, repro parts, you'd send a sample to Taiwan. A few months later, a bunch of samples were sent back. If they were good, order was placed. If they had issues, notes were made and tooling changed, another batch of samples.

Both of these were only single parts, of small assemblies, nothing as complex as a complete vehicle or chassis.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Those look promising. Aren't you supposed to keep electric items away from water?

I wonder if it came with one of these on the steering wheel?

warning.jpg
Well damn, wonder what the warning label will be like on Mercury's new electric stuff?
😏

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Question, but I don't think anyone here will know, but I'll ask anyway. I understand the Speed car is made in China, doesn't bother me really, is what it is. The question is, does the company have one of their representatives on the ground at the facility? I didn't know that was really a thing until recently. A guy I know used to work for a company manufacturing the tail lamp assemblies for Ford Motor Company. He lived in China for 5-6 years, and was the go between for the Ford engineers, and the Chinese manufacturer.

With the stuff I was involved with, repro parts, you'd send a sample to Taiwan. A few months later, a bunch of samples were sent back. If they were good, order was placed. If they had issues, notes were made and tooling changed, another batch of samples.

Both of these were only single parts, of small assemblies, nothing as complex as a complete vehicle or chassis.

That process was pretty much how it worked in my experience with Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturing. We never had an actual person though, it was just stuff sent back and forth, and iterative process until a final version was selected. The tighter QC costs more... It was just like an added service uplift per part or unit. Basically they would reject the part there instead of shipping it over and you rejecting it here 🤣.

No idea on how Speed are doing QC. Like it has been stated, they are doing final assembly in Texas, so presumably there is some form of QC on that end. One would have to assume something is done overseas at some level.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Dude we went over this pages ago. You are talking about old shit.

He was planning a different 4 seat car before this one. That one was the $77K stretched XXXX. That car they were going to make in limited quantities by hand, in house. That never took off and that project morphed into the mass produced car, the Speed UTV. I don't remember if the XXXX was $77K plus a 2 seat Wildcat XX, or if it was included in the cost. I want to say you had to provide the Wildcat, which brought the cost up close to $100K.
They made the orange one below and a yellow one.. and they sold none if I remember correctly. No one was going to pay $75K for a 4 seat SXS. They used those (2) 4 seat cars as the proof of concept for the Speed UTV.

Yes the car below was to be made in house. They only made a total of 2 (I believe). There is now a new car redesigned from the ground up, not made in house (Speed UTV)

Yes you are right about the below car being more "made in the USA"/ in house whatever. That car was the XXXX. That is not a Speed UTV that is designed and assembled in the USA with foreign parts. Are we good now?

SpeedUTV5.jpg
Show me where he said the production cars will be made in house.

For 2 years its been known these things will be made in China and assembled here in Texas.

Lol thanks for admitting what I’ve been saying. Made in China.

It’s hard to keep track of this failed ideas lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol thanks for admitting what I’ve been saying. Made in China.

It’s hard to keep track of this failed ideas lol

Dude, you haven't been saying anything.

The car being made from overseas parts is in the first page of this thread, 18 months ago. Go read it. Try to keep up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Confusing thing here if Deposits were made for several units, there must have been some Confidence in the Purchase? Then why is there Pages and Posts after Pages and Posts of Defending the Product and Your Purchase?

Why Not just sit back and wait to Prove your Point with a Demonstration or Just use It?🤔🤔🤔

This may be a case of Doubt In The Product OR Buyers Remorse.🤔🤔

I can’t even begin to wrap my head around this post.. are you saying that LOF responding to people talking down on the speed car that it somehow displays a lack of confidence in the product?

Lol. You are twisted buddy.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I can’t even begin to wrap my head around this post.. are you saying that LOF responding to people talking down on the speed car that it somehow displays a lack of confidence in the product?

Lol. You are twisted buddy.

He is saying he should let the product speak for itself, which up to this point it hasn't.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thank-You!!, Very easy to comprehend.

Like you said. Let this Product SPEAK.

WELL!! NUF Said.o_O

Dude.. You are NOT easy to comprehend.

None of the people in this thread that have a deposit are worried about the FINAL product at all. That really should be the only thing you care about. The input from the uninformed is just noise. There have been a few valid questions about the business model and go to market plan, and the only answer for that is - we will all find out together with the passing of time.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Dude.. You are NOT easy to comprehend.

None of the people in this thread that have a deposit are worried about the FINAL product at all. That really should be the only thing you care about. The input from the uninformed is just noise. There have been a few valid questions about the business model and go to market plan, and the only answer for that is - we will all find out together with the passing of time.

Sorry, to Speak Over your Head. I'll attempt to bring it Way Down for you Speed Car Supporters.

All I said is, if you believe this much in what you keep saying and "Insulting" just WAIT and it Will or it Won't.

The fact your Speed Car threads are Upfront and Center very difficult to ignore and avoid.

You must admit, you won't let ANY Comment go without making a Deal out of it. The more you do the more Attention and Questions of How will it perform and

hold up?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He is saying he should let the product speak for itself, which up to this point it hasn't.

I don't know of any actual customers in this thread that are upset with the progress shown this far. The progress has spoken for itself and the car looks ok. It is only going to get better, it is not going to get worse. We don't have the final product yet. Judging the final product off the progress so far is like judging the final product of this yet to be completed pontoon boat off the plug.

It is not done, there is nothing to really judge yet. If you want to say the boat is crappy and they are doing it all wrong, and then form an opinion of the product and entire brand based solely on an incomplete product that is not ready for customer consumption, go ahead I guess, but that seems like a really uninformed way to form an opinion.

Attachments

• F7AFB0C9-0A96-4B99-81BB-55AEFE03380D.jpeg
    F7AFB0C9-0A96-4B99-81BB-55AEFE03380D.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And he’ll probably need to borrow Dave’s trailer…
Three time loser😄😄

He actually has no trailer and his only tow vehicle is his RV right now :)

Only saving grace is he has free storage in his building :)

outboard_256

Reaction score
I don't know of any actual customers in this thread that are upset with the progress shown this far. The progress has spoken for itself and the car looks ok. It is only going to get better, it is not going to get worse. We don't have the final product yet. Judging the final product off the progress so far is like judging the final product of this yet to be completed pontoon boat off the plug.

It is not done, there is nothing to really judge yet. If you want to say the boat is crappy and they are doing it all wrong, and then form an opinion of the product and entire brand based solely on an incomplete product that is not ready for customer consumption, go ahead I guess, but that seems like a really uninformed way to form an opinion.

that is his point. Wait till the final product comes and let people see for them selves. You are defending tooth and nail over pre-production units that will (hopefully) never see a customers hands.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
that is his point. Wait till the final product comes and let people see for them selves. You are defending tooth and nail over pre-production units that will (hopefully) never see a customers hands.
You know it’s almost like that is exactly what I’ve said over and over and over. Saying that they are preproduction cars is not defending anything, it is stating a fact. Customers aren’t taking delivery of those cars.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?

If no one posts anything in this thread will LOF respond to his own posts?

You’ve all seen it - Perpetual posting has happened here

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?

If no one posts anything in this thread will LOF respond to his own posts?

You’ve all seen it - Perpetual posting has happened here

It depends if there is a meme or not.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
God damn it, Dave. This topic almost fell off the first page and I thought it might have actually died finally. Nice job.

Well ask all the internet experts.. it’s all about the “hits”. Lol. Granted none of them know what a “hit” is

FishSniper

Reaction score
Saw the prototype at the off-road show in Ontario today and not wanting to wade through all the back and forth in this thread can anyone give me a quick breakdown of cost when deposits originally put down Versus what will be once out ? Also what are the pre production spots selling for currently ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Saw the prototype at the off-road show in Ontario today and not wanting to wade through all the back and forth in this thread can anyone give me a quick breakdown of cost when deposits originally put down Versus what will be once out ? Also what are the pre production spots selling for currently ?
What was $32k plus options at the beginning is now $38.5k plus options.

The lower number spots are selling all over the map, from $1500 uplift to I've heard as high as $8k. If you can get a low number car for today’s price or under, you are probably doing OK. But beware the low number cars (under 1500) are now locked in. You can’t change the options or configuration. So you may be on the hook for graphics you don’t like, wrong sized front seats or options you might not have wanted. So if you find one for sale, ask to see the invoice.

bentprops

Reaction score
What did you do to get yourself eliminated? Talk about how your Ultra 4 is better?
No quite the oppiste, however i asked for a delivery update and if I'm going to miss another season. Then at least i could make other arrangements for my family. I don't think thats asking much. Iv always liked RG but i think thats changing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No quite the oppiste, however i asked for a delivery update and if I'm going to miss another season. Then at least i could make other arrangements for my family. I don't think thats asking much. Iv always liked RG but i think thats changing.

I don’t know what number you are, but you are gonna miss half the season for sure... at the earliest it’s going to be late December if they start manufacturing this month. If they don’t pull the trigger on manufacturing this month sometime, you are looking at mid Jan at the earliest, and obviously it slips from there if there are other delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.