WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outstanding DA Spitzer

ssc

Reaction score
Yes he is an old friend of mine. He is doing his best to use common sense and protect the good guys.

1634141011120.png
1634141011120.png

caribbean20

Reaction score
Good grief, why did the homeowner even have to be “cleared” in the first place? This should have been open and shut from the get go (no offense to your DA buddy intended, sure he is just doing his job).

Uninvited intruder in your house?? Of course you should be able to defend yourself. Have we now lost ALL common sense.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
The dead guy was a rehab patient staying at a residential home in the neighborhood that was turned into a group drug rehab home. I would be pissed if these homes were around me.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Now the DA should go after whoever is running the group home and demand accountability for all the funds they’re getting from the .gov or whoever finds them, and bring charges if they’re found to be fucking around.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Those fucking "REHAB" homes were everywhere in Newport. It's a stroke a check to keep my entitled Brat kid outta jail home. They are disappearing, but still around. f that guy, he got dead. Good job homeowner.

mbrown2

Reaction score
The dead guy was a rehab patient staying at a residential home in the neighborhood that was turned into a group drug rehab home. I would be pissed if these homes were around me.
They are going up in a lot of places particularly near the beach... I know of homes that are brand new custom builds turned directly into rehab homes... There is on going battle with these...

The first article gives a sense why it is profitable..
https://calmatters.org/health/2018/04/doing-the-sober-living-dance-on-californias-rehab-riviera/

The next is OC's start to dealing with it....Some cities have been successful trying to regulate it more stringently (Costa Mesa)...lots of recent news on this issue:

https://d1.ocgov.com/OC-First-to-Regulate-Sober-Living-Homes

Wayn-o

Reaction score
there were a handful of them in Capo Beach and San Clemente. I think they were more party homes than anything else. Neighbors cars broke into, tweakers up adn down the street. They raided them all about 2 years back and cleaned them all out!

boatpi

Reaction score
Todd is a good guy, he is a former LAPD reserve officer. Opposite the la da.

Reactions: ssc