WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverroyal

Reaction score
From my inside source at Speed. They won’t have manufacturing up and running until June 22’
Which means….. you will have it by thanksgiving 22. Just like I predicted. Lol.
No big deal really, but it does suck if you don’t have a current car for this winter.
I was at berts last week, not a lot of inventory or higher end machines. Going to be a msrp plus ‘market adjustment’ season

Dirty Air

Reaction score
Your in China? I’d like some wontons

WHAT!..........LOF is on vacation again?

1634152329213.jpeg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You guys are such maroons. His inside source at Speed is me. 😉 I’m looking at the cars right... meow.

If I’m starting up a new company I want someone like you post whoring only good stuff in an influential online forum like RDP.

Especially since you you haven’t yet claimed you’re on their payroll.

I’d be shocked if you don’t have at least 25% of the posts in this thread.

Hopefully Robby Gordon is rewarding you by moving you further up the list as this thread nears 50 pages

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You guys are such maroons. His inside source at Speed is me. 😉 I’m looking at the cars right... meow.
No way, I have another inside source.

The are having supply chain issues getting raw aluminum to pour cases for engine, tranny, differentials, also chip shortages for the display.

Plus more testing. The car is doing Baja 1000 and plans to win with it not just finish. So we will see.

riverroyal

Reaction score

The are having supply chain issues getting raw aluminum to pour cases for engine, tranny, differentials, also chip shortages for the display.

Plus more testing. The car is doing Baja 1000 and plans to win with it not just finish. So we will see.
Everyone plans on winning.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
From my inside source at Speed. They won’t have manufacturing up and running until June 22’

Last I heard was December and that was disheartening.. 90 days out from there. If it’s June that’s gonna suck.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

We shall see. 1 part can hold up everything. They are working on the Hastings building. Cut a big hole in it for a roll up door today.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Shipping containers and getting off loaded can take months now.

Yes, that isn’t new news. Supply chains could very well be a factor, I said it multiple times myself. You might have missed out on winning $1k.

Clearmax

Reaction score
Yes, that isn’t new news. Supply chains could very well be a factor, I said it multiple times myself. You might have missed out on winning $1k.
Are you really saying that you won’t have it by Feb 1st now after all you have said in this post? You have been claiming and backing up speed the whole time. I will step up and bet you the 1k since others won’t.

Clearmax

Reaction score
If I win I will go to a local Havasu bar and put the winnings down for the rest of the non believers Lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are you really saying that you won’t have it by Feb 1st now after all you have said in this post? You have been claiming and backing up speed the whole time. I will step up and bet you the 1k since others won’t.

Read the thread. I’ve said supply chain risk is real repeatedly. I’ve said if they start production before the end of this month people getting their cars is a possibility in Dec-Jan. I didn’t say nor was I trying to bet that I’d have mine by then, I’m not at the front of the line.

If there is not production by November, there are probably not cars delivered in Jan.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We can just settle for, i was right lol.
About what was said by me and others months ago? Sure turd burglar. I was saying there could be supply chain issues before you entered the chat. Those have been a caveat for 6+ months.

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
About what was said by me and others months ago? Sure turd burglar. I was saying there could be supply chain issues before you entered the chat. Those have been a caveat for 6+ months.

I know it’s hard for you. Pats your back. There is always tomorrow.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Back in August, I said this...

Certainly not trying to be a wet blanket, but....

I'm in the Hydraulic Industry. We sell pretty much everything in the "port to port" world. We have long established relationships with many suppliers both domestic and over seas. We have lead times of 4-10 months on regular "A" items. This is for a customer (us) with a 30 year relationship with some of these vendors.

For a new customer (Speed) to step in front of other long time customers of Speeds anticipated suppliers seems to be a bit over-enthusiastic and I don't find it believable. I only say that due to what I am seeing daily with my own eyes. I am probably a future customer for a Speed car and find this entire process fascinating. But I think I'll wait to see the cars flowing off the line. Even if that means I pay a bit more.

These supply chain issues are not anyones fault, but they are real and will effect the end product flowing off the line.

Then you said this....

I’m not saying there won’t be or isn’t supply chain issues. But I’m also saying they didn’t start his process last week, they started lining all this up early this year.

They have not pulled the supply chain card yet. From what I’ve seen they don’t want to start assembly until they have assurances they will have enough to make several hundred to a thousand + cars. They don’t want to build these 25 at a time, or ent up with a Ford trucks sitting on the fairgrounds situation.

Then I added this....

Exactly my point. If Ford can't produce, why would Speed be able to?

I have a new F450 sitting waiting for completion. Again, not bagging on Speed, just looking at it realistically. no different than waiting on a new truck from a 100 year old company

Then your response....

Let’s turn it around.. Why is Ford the only one with fields full of incomplete trucks sitting around for months? Short sighted planning from clearly a single threaded manufacturer/supplier somewhere along the line.
e fire that were ready for delivery. Everyone is making stuff in limited capacities.

Ford’s single failure does not mean much in terms of the Speed car. If anything it is a teachable moment for the rest of the industry.

At the end of the day shit happens, and the cars will arrive when they arrive. I’m not that worried about it, nor are any of the other customers I talk to. Every Tesla model has been late and that was before Covid. No one cared. Sure I would have liked to have my car by now, but we are getting a better product for waiting.

And this...
Tell that to the people with 2022 Ford trucks in order :)

I'm not blaming you, or Speed. I just don't get why you just can't agree that RG and Speed don't possess any special processes or supply chain intelligence. Defending every problem Speed encounters along the way, at any and all cost makes your argument lose credibility.

BTW, I got my new F450 about three weeks ago. (ordered in May) :cool:

f450.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Back in August, I said this...

Then you said this....

Then I added this....

Then your response....

And this...

I'm not blaming you, or Speed. I just don't get why you just can't agree that RG and Speed don't possess any special processes or supply chain intelligence. Defending every problem Speed encounters along the way, at any and all cost makes your argument lose credibility.

BTW, I got my new F450 about three weeks ago. (ordered in May) :cool:

View attachment 1058486

Can you point out to me where I said that Speed had superior sourcing or supply chain intelligence in any of those quotes or anywhere else? Every post you quoted of mine says there may very well be supply chain issues, and they are trying to mitigate them.

Further, how is any of that that inaccurate? Nowhere did I say Speed will be successful in mitigating any supply chain issue they encounter. I said they claim to have some workaround plans. That isn’t defending them, that is sharing information. How is that not agreeing with you that they have no special or magical supply chain powers?

I will thank you for proving my point - That I have been saying for months (before August) the supply chain could screw up delivery timing.

I’m glad you got your truck, but I have been saying consistently throughout this thread there is risk on many fronts. It starts on page 1, read my first post.

Do I give them the benefit of the doubt? Sure, they are showing progress so why wouldn’t you.
Have I ever said the car will be perfect? No.
Have I ever said they will be on time? No. Have I ever said parts will be plentiful? No.
How is that a total defense of the Speed product that loses credibility?

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen someone back pedal faster and harder then this lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I just saw saw one! In the dirt! 2 seater all orange. One car and 4 chase trucks working on it. North of town out in the dirt

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I just saw saw one! In the dirt! 2 seater all orange. One car and 4 chase trucks working on it. North of town out in the dirt

That might have been a Wildcat.. they had an all orange Wildcat XX out there this weekend that Gordon’s kid is racing in the NA class.

Drove by Hastings today when the roll up door was open.. looked like they have a ton of stuff in the building.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Wouldn't calling someone a "turd burglar" get you a vacation from the forum you moderate? Asking for the inmates

No. Keep it PG13 and you wont run afoul of the rules.

Thanks for coming in clutch with the meme though.

And Looking Glass swinging in with the quote...

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Slow your roll and the intensity will too. Why is it so important to always be right?
Why it is so important to tell everyone else how they are wrong?

I’ve been wrong plenty of times. I’ve never said I was always right.

At this point I’m pretty sure I’m going to owe @riverroyal a beer on Jan 1. I’m doubtful There will be deliveries by then.

Of course no one will go back and read, but months ago I said if there was no production by Halloween, 2021 deliveries probably wouldn’t happen.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why it is so important to tell everyone else how they are wrong?

I’ve been wrong plenty of times. I’ve never said I was always right.

At this point I’m pretty sure I’m going to owe @riverroyal a beer on Jan 1. I’m doubtful There will be deliveries by then.

Of course no one will go back and read, but months ago I said if there was no production by Halloween, 2021 deliveries probably wouldn’t happen.
I will accept that beer this year.. Then go for a ride in your speed car at somepoint and bring us beers.

I did see the hastings building with action inside and out.
Tried to get to the race today but due to a all day hang over...meh.
Turned out that concert last night and $4 beer was a great time

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I will accept that beer this year.. Then go for a ride in your speed car at somepoint and bring us beers.

I did see the hastings building with action inside and out.
Tried to get to the race today but due to a all day hang over...meh.
Turned out that concert last night and $4 beer was a great time

You are always welcome in my car Steve and I enjoy the friendly ribbing. I was out running around on the north side of town today his afternoon. Hit a few swarms of grasshoppers, FML. Boating tomorrow. Love this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.