WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’ve never been a huge street rod guy..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve always appreciated the prewar stuff but never really got into it myself. My dad has always been into them, his first car was a 40 Ford.

I had to run to CarQuest last night an I’m glad I did. I saw this 38 Ford pull up and it really spoke to me. Stunning piece. Completely done, not at all overdone. I’d love having something like this in my garage.

277542C4-A669-4BAF-8A0D-01A2F2C00952.jpeg

Springfield

Reaction score
Opportunity knocks buddy as there is one for sale in the classifieds. 👀

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I’ve always appreciated the prewar stuff but never really got into it myself. My dad has always been into them, his first car was a 40 Ford.

I had to run to CarQuest last night an I’m glad I did. I saw this 38 Ford pull up and it really spoke to me. Stunning piece. Completely done, not at all overdone. I’d love having something like this in my garage.

View attachment 1058820
Spoke to you?
You Orange things have your own language?😁
My favorite part of the old 30's & 40's cars were the big grills. 👍👍👍

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Love the way they look, but anytime I get the urge buy, I drive one and then I am over old cars. New technology is so much better. I like power and suspension which it takes $500k to get something really cool. I can jump into a Hellcat and get my jollies really quick.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
got any underhood shots? I'm about 95% sure I built a mild SBC and installed it in that car 20 years ago. Exact same color. Owner at the time lived in redondo beach.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Love the way they look, but anytime I get the urge buy, I drive one and then I am over old cars. New technology is so much better. I like power and suspension which it takes $500k to get something really cool. I can jump into a Hellcat and get my jollies really quick.

I think the lack of tech is part of the experience of driving any vintage car.. wether it be from the 30s or the 80s. That is not to say a restomod or modern car isn’t nice either.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
got any underhood shots? I'm about 95% sure I built a mild SBC and installed it in that car 20 years ago. Exact same color. Owner at the time lived in redondo beach.
I was hoping it had a flatty.

Last edited:

X Hoser

Reaction score
I agree! I restored a 1957 Chevy Nomad a few years back. 3 1/2 years to complete. PS, PB and AC. New crate motor. First show entered in it won best of show. But at the end of the day it rode rough, was noisy and got terrible gas mileage and smelled of exhaust! I thought to myself for what I have in it I could buy a new Corvette. So the Monday after the show I put an add on Craigslist and it sold by Thursday to the first to see it. Had a new Corvette by that Sunday! I do like looking at them tho!

azsunfun

Reaction score

View attachment 1058820
check out a 34 plymouth, looks chopped stock. oldies are goodies love to see the rolling pieces of art in havasu.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I can’t find the one in the classifieds. Anyone got a link.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
That car is beautiful. I love classics but only as secondary vehicles. I could not daily a classic.
I have owned maybe 10 50+ year old cars over the years and I have always made money after owning them for a few years, except for one I way over improved and personalized. Nothing better than driving a classic you know made you money last year.

ELCHINGONROGERS

Reaction score

owner of that does interior work for street rods thats his everyday driver

HBCraig

Reaction score

View attachment 1058820
Your Dad had a 40? One of the most sought after rides in history. I would give my left nut to get my Dad a 40 Ford

Nice ride here. Very nice

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your Dad had a 40? One of the most sought after rides in history. I would give my left nut to get my Dad a 40 Ford

Nice ride here. Very nice

Yea. My dad was born in ‘44. The story goes my dad was mowing the neighbors lawn for awhile. They had the Ford in the garage for awhile and they were gonna get rid of it and they gave it to him when he was 14. He fixed it up with his brothers and my Grandpa and drove it for a year then sold it for something else.

The most sought after car my dad had was an L88 67 corvette.

port austin pirate

Reaction score
As Ive said before I had a 37 ford coupe black stock body 55 caddy engine owned from about 61 to about 72 sold to a friend cause i had no place to store, would love to have it back. back then most guys would swap in a chevy or olds engine, you could always tell the chevy sound and the olds almost always had a lifter click., the caddy was had to id by sound, used to come out of places all the time and see guys trying to look through the side vents of the engine compartment, had an Eldorado dual quad intake en caddy air filter it was gold triangle shaped, if you opened the hood it almost filled the entire space you could see, fun times