WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

those with gardeners, pools guys and pest control

v6toy4x

Reaction score
We just recently bought our retirement home and for the first time have a gardener, pool guy and pest control dude.
Do you give them "bonuses" at christmas time?

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Yes - I Christmas bonus an amount equal to the month service for those independent contractors.

Bug guy is via a service - different guys show up = no bonus

Yard Guy - using same guy since 2007, he get a Christmas bonus equal to 1 month service

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We had a landscaping guy that mowed our grass for years and we would give him a Christmas bonus every year. He sold his business a few years ago to another landscaping company and now usually every few months there's a new crew working so no bonus.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Yes - I Christmas bonus an amount equal to the month service for those independent contractors.

Bug guy is via a service - different guys show up = no bonus

Yard Guy - using same guy since 2007, he get a Christmas bonus equal to 1 month service
Thx, same gardener, he did the house previously for the last 8 years, father and son deal so I will follow your advise with him.
Pool service is new, so far same guy.
Pest is and has been the same guy for the last 5-6 years

so bonuses for landscaper, pest control and maybe pool guy

According MPHS, my wife is paying--woo hoo!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We tend to do so for our pool and yard company.. They both have done it long term. Pest control is never the same people so no go there. Firm believer in it though..also the mailman...doesn't have to be much, but a $20 at xmas in the mailbox with a note does wonders in terms of extra mile stuff...(make sure it has a note or is in an envelope to them or they won't touch it)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Housekeeper works for a service so she doesnt see much of the monthly we pay. I leave her a 20 every two weeks when she comes, it makes a huge difference, she always asks what else she can clean for us each time, goes waaaay over the top of what she is supposed to be cleaning per her employer.

Gardeners love their bud light, get them a 30 brick for the holidays.

Trash guys, I leave a 30 pack on next to the cans that time of year, changes everything, they would pick up a dead body if I left one out there for us now.

Anything like this differentiates you from 90% of their clients, it really goes a long way.

Pest control, never thought about that one.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Gardener: $200 at Christmas
Pool: Take care of it myself
Pest Control: Never the same guy so bonus
Mailman: Have not before, but our current guy is awesome so probably will this year. $25 Starbuck’s card?

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Gardener-6 pack of Corona for each guy including owner and a card with $20 in it.
Pool guy- 6 pack of Corona and a card with $20. He’s an employee of a company.
Cleaning ladies- Box of chocolates and a card with $20 in it, including owner.

attitude

Reaction score
I need to pick up some side gigs during December!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
🤔😂😝

You gonna be home Saturday? I will be taking my Harley to OC sometime during the day. Ill throw you a rev as I roll by.

Loud pipes save lives! 😁
I will not, but feel free to annoy my neighbors. 😉

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Man you guys are nice lol...

No... I do not bonus any of those guys. They get paid monthly, on time... every time.

Ol Man

Reaction score
I give a tip to our landscape guy and our pool guy. Do not tip the exterminator. Never even gave it a thought. He is only here every other month, rather than weekly.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Mow & blow guy and pool guy get 1 month’s Christmas bonus. House cleaner gets one extra payment as she cleans twice a month. USPS person gets a gift card as do the FedEx and UPS guys

2Driver

Reaction score
Dont have a pool guy, landscaper, pest control company, vehicle detailer or a maid.

LOL So yeah, I guess the couple that does it ends up with a $4,000 bonus.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
If you can afford lawn service, pool service and pest control…you can afford at least $20 a piece for Christmas. I always tip when service is good, regardless of industry

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Bug guy no
pool, lawn, and house cleaner yes all get 100 ea. Also after 4th of July parties I’ll usually divide up left over beers and let them take too.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Do not have any of those services, but I do tip the bar tenders at Christmas. Each get $50 handed to them by me. There are 6 of them here at our resort. Goes a long way. Pretty much never have to wait for a drink. If there is a long line they will make the drink and set it on the side bar for me to get. I don't keep track, but pretty sure I am not charged for all drinks. Drinks are stronger.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Gardener: $200 at Christmas
Pool: Take care of it myself
Pest Control: Never the same guy so bonus
Mailman: Have not before, but our current guy is awesome so probably will this year. $25 Starbuck’s card?

Cash is king !
No f'n gift cards.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
As much I pay the our gardener and the cleaning ladies for their service . I pay well for the services and expect a good job .
Under pay then yes a Xmas gift would be in order.

ahavasu

Reaction score
We have pest, pool and maid, I do the lawn. Pest guy is different every week so I'm not bonusing some guy on his first or second visit. Pool guy alternates and the regular one has a shitty attitude but does a decent enough job not to get fired (and I like the owner of the company) so no on that bonus. Maid does a really good job they get a 20% tip every week and I usually double their monthly for the christmas bonus. They seem to really need the money so its definitely easy to do.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Dont have a pool guy, landscaper, pest control company, vehicle detailer or a maid.

LOL So yeah, I guess the couple that does it ends up with a $4,000 bonus.
So do you tip the kid and college friends who do cleaning up for you? lol

2Driver

Reaction score
So do you tip the kid and college friends who do cleaning up for you? lol

Ha, I wish they are too busy at ASU flight school.

I just spent 5 days doing the mesquites and palo verdes myself. My son and his high school Mt Bike buddies would kick ass working up here.

LOL now you got me thinking, Im going to wait for christmas break. Im too old to be 20’ up in trees.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I would rather get a boot in the ass for a tip than a Starbucks gift card.:p:p

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I would rather get a boot in the ass for a tip than a Starbucks gift card.:p:p
My mother in law gives me one for my b day, fathers day, chrismas. Its the only reason I go to starbucks, just to empty my wallet of the cards

The Prisoner

Reaction score
My mother in law gives me one for my b day, fathers day, chrismas. Its the only reason I go to starbucks, just to empty my wallet of the cards
They are everywhere for a reason. People must love it. I just hate their coffee though. Maybe because I grew up on Dunkin Donuts since the 70’s.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
They are everywhere for a reason. People must love it. I just hate their coffee though. Maybe because I grew up on Dunkin Donuts since the 70’s.
Dunkin donuts, haven't been to one of those in more years than I will admit!
So You're not a Venti, extra hot, double espresso, cappuccino, latte Carmel mochiato kind of guy??

And yes I had to use spell check for most of those words!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Dunkin donuts, haven't been to one of those in more years than I will admit!
So You're not a Venti, extra hot, double espresso, cappuccino, latte Carmel mochiato kind of guy??

And yes I had to use spell check for most of those words!
No. Regular coffee. Extra sugar. Extra milk. :p
I put starbucks in the same class as Dr. Pepper. Liquid tar.