WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Freighters piling up off Long Beach!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I know it's a Vin subject, but I didn't want these buried in other threads. Feel free to distribute as you see fit. I made two versions, spicy and mild.

You're Welcome!

245097585_288447546434285_7368791288258474498_n.jpg

ship.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Define american made products, I am not even sure if that exists anymore?
It goes alot further back than biden that is for sure!

TCHB

Reaction score
Americans love over seas products.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The meme thing is correct. American made from raw to finished product is less likely to get stuck on an import issue.

However, this whole business of "Assembled in America from foreign manufactured parts" is where its at now, and honestly, if American labor somehow produced a better product than anywhere else, then it might be something to brag about, but really its just a flag waving attempt to make foreign companies appear to be American made* (*labor only). Meanwhile some American companies dont mind out of country materials and labor for their products and just bank on the fact that buying from them is somehow supporting American manufacturing and labor.

Personally I try to deal with actually Made in America companies but there's a premium for doing so, and in some cases its not possible for that particular product.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
The problem is AQMD, Tree Huggers and "fill in the blank" with many others ...... We can't make it cleaner...EITHER can ANYONE ELSE...

The difference is the other countries are polluting the air, water and soil... and making the $$$. As long as we can't "SEE IT" from here... all the above mentioned morons are okay with it............ well not really okay with it, but their fight gets them the middle finger from the rest of the world.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I
I know it's a Vin subject, but I didn't want these buried in other threads. Feel free to distribute as you see fit. I made two versions, spicy and mild.

You're Welcome!

View attachment 1059004

View attachment 1059002
If one of our enemies wanted to implode our infrastructure all they would need to do is send a couple of submarines overs and torpedo all those cargo ships. We’ve become way too depended any on foreign suppliers to keep us safe IMO.

Javajoe

Reaction score
They said today there are now 80 ships out there

TeamGreene

Reaction score
When you have an unelected communist organization like CARB instituting regulations on diesel trucks like they did and then the geniuses in Sacramento pass AB5 that affects owner operator truckers, this is what you get.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Just curious, at what point will it become more beneficial to start taking these things through the canal and offloading somewhere in the gulf vs sitting in a line of 80 ships to be offloaded in Commiefornia

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Wonder if the are any Xboxes on those ships? Grandson wants a new one for Xmas and I told him how do clothes sound?:p

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Just curious, at what point will it become more beneficial to start taking these things through the canal and offloading somewhere in the gulf vs sitting in a line of 80 ships to be offloaded in Commiefornia

Or send them to Portland or Seattle. Not much better but I bet they would get unloaded!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Both those ports are pretty empty I heard. Like real empty

Yep, and I have heard(from a good source) that it has to do with the "agenda" and shacking them all up in California for the publicity. I'm sure they can be transferred to Portland or Seattle and be offloaded.😉 and plunty of trucks capable of the haul off. But that doesn't support the publicity and the agenda that is being presented.

Last edited:

USMC2010

Reaction score
Desantis has already called for the ships to do exactly that. Waiting to see if it happens.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

They're already doing this. Changing off-load to ports in Houston, Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida through the Panama canal. Funny how ports controlled by Red States can get them in and out, while LA/LB, SF, Oakland, Portland, Seattle, New York etc. are bottle-necked waiting for trucks.

And for the low-information crowd (not too many of them here) the Port of LA/LB and the others have been operating 24/7 for decades, despite Brandon's announcement that HE has "convinced" the ports to start running around the clock. About the same deal as he gave permission for truckers to start running at night, "when there's less traffic".

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
When you have an unelected communist organization like CARB instituting regulations on diesel trucks like they did and then the geniuses in Sacramento pass AB5 that affects owner operator truckers, this is what you get.
Yep, the days of buying a $5000 cab over a roll of duct tape and bailing wire so you can haul cans out of the port have been over for a long time.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Every time you look out at the horizon when you’re at the beach and see an embarrassing number of ships waiting to offload what you’re actually witnessing is when a state government decides to manage the economy. This is their vision of economics and how to make it work.

The left has been incredibly quiet. Even their president won’t take questions from the press. They’ve embarrassed themselves and this country and are incredibly unapologetic. Not because they’re arrogant but because they don’t know any better lol

Javajoe

Reaction score
Every time you look out at the horizon when you’re at the beach and see an embarrassing number of ships waiting to offload what you’re actually witnessing is when a state government decides to manage the economy. This is their vision of economics and how to make it work.

The left has been incredibly quiet. Even their president won’t take questions from the press. They’ve embarrassed themselves and this country and are incredibly unapologetic. Not because they’re arrogant but because they don’t know any better lol
The left media said today when they showed all 80 ships that it is because Americans are buying way more product because of Covid. Shit you not. That was his explanation for the back log

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The left media said today when they showed all 80 ships that it is because Americans are buying way more product because of Covid. Shit you not. That was his explanation for the back log

Whatever the media says do the opposite. Journalism died years ago along with the FBI and intel community. Kinda coincides with our education system dying too. This was very well planned.

TCHB

Reaction score
Yes I bought 2, 72 inch roll sways For my garage.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
The problem is AQMD, Tree Huggers and "fill in the blank" with many others ...... We can't make it cleaner...EITHER can ANYONE ELSE...

The difference is the other countries are polluting the air, water and soil... and making the $$$. As long as we can't "SEE IT" from here... all the above mentioned morons are okay with it............ well not really okay with it, but their fight gets them the middle finger from the rest of the world.
The kicker is, we actually can make it cleaner.

Thanks to nano technology we can produce filters that will reduce carbon emissions and allow us to use tons of manufacturing processes that are currently banned, IE the real reason everything is made over seas. The only thing stopping it from happening is the EPA. Seem pretty oxy moron but that’s the way US politics work.

I have a friend that manufactures and distributes furniture for the hotel industry. He told me he can actually make the furniture here for the same cost as what he pays in China. The problem is the chemicals they use are banned in the USA. The stuff we are allowed to use won’t hold up long term to the kind of abuse furniture takes in a hotel.

Reactions: DWC

lbhsbz

Reaction score
The kicker is, we actually can make it cleaner.

Thanks to nano technology we can produce filters that will reduce carbon emissions and allow us to use tons of manufacturing processes that are currently banned, IE the real reason everything is made over seas. The only thing stopping it from happening is the EPA. Seem pretty oxy moron but that’s the way US politics work.

I have a friend that manufactures and distributes furniture for the hotel industry. He told me he can actually make the furniture here for the same cost as what he pays in China. The problem is the chemicals they use are banned in the USA. The stuff we are allowed to use won’t hold up long term to the kind of abuse furniture takes in a hotel.
At what cost though? All these technologies to clean things up are a nuisance and cost money…look at modern diesels for example…unreliable and expensive systems.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Whatever the media says do the opposite. Journalism died years ago along with the FBI and intel community. Kinda coincides with our education system dying too. This was very well planned.

I wouldnt give them that much credit. This is simply the end result of virtue signaling combined with gross incompetence of the rule makers. Nothing more

Javajoe

Reaction score
I wonder how many 100% American Made products we actually have in our house compared to Foreign Made

TCHB

Reaction score
I wonder how many 100% American Made products we actually have in our house compared to Foreign Made
TV, Led ceiling lights, refrigerator, Stereo, Google, securty cameras, led under and over cabinets, flooring. All of our new cabinets we’re made local with ??? Labor. Americans gave away the manufacturing many years ago. I do not think our kids want to work in huge factories with little pay. We called it Out Sourcing!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Question, when did unload become offload? Do they onload the ships first?

Asking for a friend
Might be from years of using the term in regards to my Coast Guard duties. While inspecting tankers and freighters transferring cargo (liquid, solid and/or munitions) it was always referred to as "off-loading", as it was when we transferred our own ships' supplies and munitions ashore.

Putting stuff on to ships is still called "loading", though.

500bbc

Reaction score
Might be from years of using the term in regards to my Coast Guard duties. While inspecting tankers and freighters transferring cargo (liquid, solid and/or munitions) it was always referred to as "off-loading", as it was when we transferred our own ships' supplies and munitions ashore.

Putting stuff on to ships is still called "loading", though.
Thanks, I thought it nothing but affectatious twaddle when it came to be used in the common vernacular..😁

instagator

Reaction score
They are buying, driving everything up, Less product Increase prices, Less houses for sale drives them up. Easy to see, Even boat dealers will not even call back. They
can not keep up with current orders . Even some shitty boat companies are to busy to return a call. People are buying stuff. Remember the toilet paper Shortage.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Green equals cargo ship for most of them. I know it can’t happen overnight but hopefully with the cost of shipping going up and more people realizing that China is actually an enemy some of the manufacturing can come back to the US. I picked one of those green dots and there are a lot of them lol.

Attachments

• 9E271E37-30AC-4EC1-81FC-5E691A645B75.png
    9E271E37-30AC-4EC1-81FC-5E691A645B75.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 45
  • A1161B87-4B69-4F06-B40F-423776988A9D.png
    A1161B87-4B69-4F06-B40F-423776988A9D.png
    571.2 KB · Views: 46