WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu to Primm UTV ride Nov 5-7

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Rides like this make we wish I had a sxs instead of the Jeepspeed. We did the pahrump 250 in under 9 hrs but the sxs trails are much narrower that a bitd race course. Have fun guys I’ll be watching the thread for photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikes56

Reaction score
Quick question: Has refueling been figured out? I’m good for about 110 miles before I need gas. Are we refueling at gas stations or on the trail and carrying our own fuel? Or meeting the chase truck with our gas cans in the truck?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Quick question: Has refueling been figured out? I’m good for about 110 miles before I need gas. Are we refueling at gas stations or on the trail and carrying our own fuel? Or meeting the chase truck with our gas cans in the truck?
We can refuel at searchlight (gas station) same on the return to kingman than again in kingman. Also can get gas in wikieup so I would assume gas stations

Mikes56

Reaction score
We can refuel at searchlight (gas station) same on the return to kingman than again in kingman. Also can get gas in wikieup so I would assume gas stations
Ok great. I’d rather not carry fuel if I don’t need to.

Havazoo

Reaction score
Sounds like a great ride, we've done the similar ride several times, don't miss it if you can help it.

DLC

Reaction score
@ParkerMagic How many cars do you want on the ride? more than 8 things get crazy….. things usually ends up with 2 groups (clusters of 4 cars )

Im in …. but concerned about a big group

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hey - Anyone that is doing this ride and uses a Lowrance GPS, I can share with you the satellite imagery overlay for the route. I haven't made it yet, but I will in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

Mikes56

Reaction score
Would it be easiest for you to download it on a mini SD card and I’ll pay you for the card when I see you? My HDS7 has two slots for mini SD cards.

Mikes56

Reaction score
Just got back into town...

To clear some things up...This isn't for everyone with a UTV. This is for experienced riders only who have PREPPED machines. Breakdowns are part of the program, however, a prepped UTV will ensure breakdowns are limited to a minimum.

There is a chance we will get in after dark. Please be willing to go with the flow and enjoy the process. If that does not sound like you, then this isn't the ride for you.

Day 1 Havasu - Laughlin - Primm = 146 Miles
Day 2 Primm - Laughlin - Kingman = 123 Miles
Day 3 Kingman - Wikieup - Havasu = 130 Miles

I've gone 275 in a day in Mexico. Under 150mi isn't too tough. It's a 6-8hr ride including stops, without any major breakdowns. My 10yr old son was my co-pilot last year.

At a minimum, all cars need the following:

- 2 belts
- Spare tire/wheel + Plug kit
- PCI/Rugged Radios w/ race channels
- Good attitude and patience
- Toolkit

I recommend:

- 2nd spare wheel and/or tire
- Portable Charger
- Survival blanket/tent (I've carried for years)
- Snacks/Water/Beer
- Oil/Trans fluid

For the risks...

You could spend a night in the desert (highly unlikely but always a risk). It's part of the adventure. We'd like to get to each spot and have a good time but things CAN happen. At no point will any rider be left behind. We will wait as a group until that rider is picked up.

May need some help on the chase truck driver. My driver is booked but I have the truck/trailer avail ($500+ room and food paid). This isn't a race but we will be going at a good pace to ensure we make good time.

If you're still interested, please confirm.
I may have a chase truck driver if you still need one. My buddies 21 year old son. Let me know.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Would it be easiest for you to download it on a mini SD card and I’ll pay you for the card when I see you? My HDS7 has two slots for mini SD cards.

That probably will be easiest.

How do you like the HDS? I have an Elite TI2, I am thinking of getting an Elite FS or HDS instead.

DLC

Reaction score
How do you like the HDS ? I had the elite TI2 and just upgraded to the elite FS, I upgraded the Dash Mount and got a Morgan dash mount w/ the integrated 8 switch pro source…. Thinking I should have gotten the HDS instead of the FS.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How do you like the HDS ? I had the elite TI2 and just upgraded to the elite FS, I upgraded the Dash Mount and got a Morgan dash mount w/ the integrated 8 switch pro source…. Thinking I should have gotten the HDS instead of the FS.
Oh snap! I didn't know you got the new Elite.

Englewood

Reaction score
I missed a few questions on here...

We are at 9 cars now. If you are 100% a go and have a prepped UTV, asked your wife, etc. please Pm me.

List so far:

@ParkerMagic RZR
Mike - CanAm
Bob - CanAm
Ronnie - RZR
Toby -RZR
Jeff - CanAm
@LargeOrangeFont - RZR
@Bpracing1127 - RZR
@DLC - CanAm
@Mikes56 - CanAm

The cost is $100 each. This will go to the chase truck driver, fuel for the chase truck, and hotel for the driver.

Day 1, Gas/Lunch in Bullhead City
Day 2, Gas/Lunch in Bullhead City
Day 3, Gas/Lunch in Wikieup

I am finalizing the hotels now. I would recommend bringing 2-3 gallons of extra fuel, although I don't think we will use any of it.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

We are at 8 cars now. If you are 100% a go and have a prepped UTV, asked your wife, etc. please Pm me.

List so far:

Scott (me)
Mike
Bob
Ronnie
Toby
Jeff
@LargeOrangeFont
@Bpracing1127

The cost is $100 each. This will go to the chase truck driver, fuel for the chase truck, and hotel for the driver.

I am finalizing the hotels now. I would recommend bringing 2-3 gallons of extra fuel, although I don't think we will use any of it.

@DLC you in?

DLC

Reaction score
It appears to be the same electronic’s just slightly bigger than the older TI2

QUOTE="LargeOrangeFont, post: 4266924, member: 17700"]
Oh snap! I didn't know you got the new Elite.
[/QUOTE]

DLC

Reaction score
PM sent with contact info attached

We are at 8 cars now. If you are 100% a go and have a prepped UTV, asked your wife, etc. please Pm me.

List so far:

Scott (me)
Mike
Bob
Ronnie
Toby
Jeff
@LargeOrangeFont
@Bpracing1127

DLC

Reaction score
Ive stayed at the El Trovatore in kingman lotta rooms has some old school character this is our stay when we do the AZPT, steakhouse walking distance from hotel

E46C3353-AD2D-4BF7-A959-3232471FAC68.png

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Lodging in Wikieup may be an issue, it’s not a big town….

DLC

Reaction score
I gotcha, only 2 nights lodging….. there isn’t anything there but gas station and a trading post! I’d hate to get stuck there….

The way I read the trip plan is Wikieup is a gas/lunch stop and not lodging

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

We are at 9 cars now. If you are 100% a go and have a prepped UTV, asked your wife, etc. please Pm me.

List so far:

@ParkerMagic
Mike
Bob
Ronnie
Toby
Jeff
@LargeOrangeFont
@Bpracing1127
@DLC

I am still in! Let me know where to send money and what hotels to book

Mikes56

Reaction score
That probably will be easiest.

How do you like the HDS? I have an Elite TI2, I am thinking of getting an Elite FS or HDS instead.
I bought the 7 because with my 5, I’d have to stop and put my reading glasses on to see the damn thing. Other than that, idk. I needed to have one for the Off The Grid trip.

Englewood

Reaction score
We are at 10-11 cars so the ride is full. We will do another one to Hoover Dam/North Vegas in January

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Are. You guys staying at whiskey Pete’s ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How did this turn out?

Pretty bad ass trip. We had a great group. We had no big problems aside from Ian twisting his ankle until day 3 and mile 435 of 450. I had a transmission failure and a Can Am had a radius rod bolt failure a mile after that. We were both able to finish under our own power though.

We hit every possible terrain - Washes, trails, graded roads, high speed technical, low speed technical, Mint 400 race course with whoops big enough to park a RZR in, rock crawling, silt beds, sand, 7000+ elevation. Even some bushwhacking through the desert.

We are already tweaking the route to make it a little more efficient, and maybe eliminate a couple sections.

Primm is a shithole :) but the shower was worth the $75 for the night stay.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Kingman. Had a great night at Rickety Crickets Brewery.

My favorite day was day 2, from Primm to Kingman. We hit some of the most fun trails I’ve ever been on. Day 3 through the Hualapais was awesome, but we did a couple hours of rock crawling on the side of a mountain just to get to Wikiup for gas. I think we’d skip that part next time and have the chase truck just meet us with gas.

Awesome Pancho Villa’s Mexican food for lunch day 1
2B853375-4C63-42C1-B76D-511C5FFBD79F.jpeg

Day 2 coming back from Primm south east of Searchlight
C1DEA6C8-88C7-4066-808F-2B30B0399413.jpeg

Ian’s messed up ankle
8ABC3DF4-F3B1-4F3A-9B49-41602DF075A5.jpeg

Katherine’s Landing Day 2
2F821B49-63AB-4885-82FE-20CEE73044A0.jpeg

Leaving Kingman day 3 at 7000’
87C4083D-0ADA-44C3-B47A-F43A936C9BBF.jpeg

More at 7000’
AEB05699-84FB-4853-BEB0-BCED822E763B.jpeg

Goldfish Pond
F340F9B1-4457-4D23-AFEB-6DA77CEE05C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’ve been battling my ankle to write a ride report. I’ll do it tomorrow.

Reactions: DWC

Mikes56

Reaction score
Thanks again for letting my wife and I tag along. We had a great time!!!!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Looks like a great trip...goldfish pond looks cool, where is that at?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome trip. Hope to see more pics and a write up

spark2678

Reaction score
Enjoyed 2020 run, missed this year, hope to go next year! Looks like a great trip!

Englewood

Reaction score
Epic run...other than a 20mi rock section, and the last 5 miles, it was a blast.

Gonna make some tweaks but the next run is gonna be one you don't want to miss. I'm bringing a photographer next time.

@Mikes56 @LargeOrangeFont @Bpracing1127 @DLC thanks for joining!

@spark2678 I'd love for you guys to come again! Glad you made it through everything!

Just like Ashley said, Primm Valley Resort is an absolute SHITHOLE!!! I did clip them for $1,900 so I'm not that mad about it!

Looks like a great trip...goldfish pond looks cool, where is that at?

Base of Hualapai Mtns just outside of Yucca (Directly East). We are gonna ride from Havasu to Goldfish pond on Thanksgiving or New Years week.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Epic run...other than a 20mi rock section, and the last 5 miles, it was a blast.

Gonna make some tweaks but the next run is gonna be one you don't want to miss. I'm bringing a photographer next time.

@spark2678 I'd love for you guys to come again! Glad you made it through everything!

Just like Ashley said, Primm Valley Resort is an absolute SHITHOLE!!! I did clip them for $1,900 so I'm not that mad about it!

Base of Hualapai Mtns just outside of Yucca (Directly East). We are gonna ride from Havasu to Goldfish pond on Thanksgiving or New Years week.
How long of a ride is it to the goldfish pond from Havasu ? Can am is pretty much set now so wanna start doing some rides.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Thanks for having us Scott. Great meeting you and the crew. Lots more rides to come! My car should be ready to go by next Monday for Thanksgiving week.

Englewood

Reaction score
How long of a ride is it to the goldfish pond from Havasu ? Can am is pretty much set now so wanna start doing some rides.
I have a ride mapped out for Thanksgiving week that leaves from the concrete plant and goes to pond. 55mi each way...110 total with a gas stop.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have it mapped out from bunker bar, it’s 85 miles round trip