WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Official Key West Site And Photo Thread

Tank

Reaction score
Some are like, "Race, what Race, there was a race ?" šŸ˜‚
Thatā€™s a true statement right there. Weā€™ve been doing this run since ā€˜99. First time I actually went to watch the races was about 10 years ago! I knew they were going on just wasnā€™t that into it. But being right up on the pier next to them as the run by close enough you could literally throw a rock abs hit them is just insanely bad ass. Donā€™t miss watching at least some of the races every year now.

attitude

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what does this weekend cost for two people in a modest hotel down there? Maybe Thursday through Monday?

Tank

Reaction score
Your right Dave, that was originally a staggered stern drive boat. Back when it was made platinum also had the tencara cat molds. They were similar to the Miss geico boat. Platinums were laid up by Jim Dyke of vermillion Ohio. He used to race spirit of Norway and Brooks offshore cats back in the mid 90s
Damn Jack. Dropping some knowledge. šŸ˜šŸ‘

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what does this weekend cost for two people in a modest hotel down there? Maybe Thursday through Monday?
I Dropped 10K this past week
If I took the Boat Like 3 Years ago..1000. fuel X2+2000.00
Dockage 1800.00
2B2BR 7000.00
Food Drinks and Uber...???
Problem is You Got to Reserve Now
And they will Want T-M Plus Resort Fees And Taxes
Key West is not for the Faint of Heart

Tank

Reaction score
Well, this year they jacked the prices through the fuckin roof allegedly to recoup the money they didnā€™t get last year.

We got our airfare that we rolled over from canceling 2020. Airfare for two should be about $800 to a grand Iā€™d say now.

Regular hotels or VRBO off the water were usually $250ish
a night which is what we got our rooms at la concha for but we sent some friends a couple months ago to reserve there with us and they were $800 a night.

Food is spendy. Pound of stone crab is $60. Drinks are $10-$15, beers are $6 at all the bars and restaurants. Basically you and your chick go out to dinner with a couple drinks itā€™s gonna be $175 or so with tip. But 6 of us ate sushi Saturday night and I snuck off to get the bill and it was $600 šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚ so really depends on what you do.

All on all if they change the hotels back down 4 days should be 5k. With this inflation and hotels jacking the prices way up 8k - 10k easy.

Duramax

Reaction score
Your right Dave, that was originally a staggered stern drive boat. Back when it was made platinum also had the tencara cat molds. They were similar to the Miss geico boat. Platinums were laid up by Jim Dyke of vermillion Ohio. He used to race spirit of Norway and Brooks offshore cats back in the mid 90s
Vern had the vbottom Platinum for a long time.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You can see they were coming in 4 wide. They were the last boat to shut down on the inside and still make the buoy, the problem was Jackhammer was already ahead of them and making the turn so they had to turn in even harder, at maybe 90-100? You can see them start to slide a little and then they caught the wake of Jackhammer and it made them high side.
Ewe.... "High Side".... know that term.... nasty race bike terminology. Yup, coming 4 wide into turn looked like frigging Nascar

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thatā€™s a true statement right there. Weā€™ve been doing this run since ā€˜99. First time I actually went to watch the races was about 10 years ago! I knew they were going on just wasnā€™t that into it. But being right up on the pier next to them as the run by close enough you could literally throw a rock abs hit them is just insanely bad ass. Donā€™t miss watching at least some of the races every year now.
I was gonna say it looked like you posted up really close.... that must make it super fun. I lived in san Diego in 1980 and used to enjoy their races in the bay but never could get close like that.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Well, this year they jacked the prices through the fuckin roof allegedly to recoup the money they didnā€™t get last year.

We got our airfare that we rolled over from canceling 2020. Airfare for two should be about $800 to a grand Iā€™d say now.

Regular hotels or VRBO off the water were usually $250ish
a night which is what we got our rooms at la concha for but we sent some friends a couple months ago to reserve there with us and they were $800 a night.

Food is spendy. Pound of stone crab is $60. Drinks are $10-$15, beers are $6 at all the bars and restaurants. Basically you and your chick go out to dinner with a couple drinks itā€™s gonna be $175 or so with tip. But 6 of us ate sushi Saturday night and I snuck off to get the bill and it was $600 šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚ so really depends on what you do.

All on all if they change the hotels back down 4 days should be 5k. With this inflation and hotels jacking the prices way up 8k - 10k easy.
"Snuck off to get the bill" ... see what happens when we have to bum rides.... I'm paying for so many tabs lately being boatless. I'll have to sit down and see if not owning a boat is actually cheaper than all this entertainment I'm picking up. Shit, people used to pay my bar tabs when I had a friggin boat!

Tank

Reaction score
"Snuck off to get the bill" ... see what happens when we have to bum rides.... I'm paying for so many tabs lately being boatless. I'll have to sit down and see if not owning a boat is actually cheaper than all this entertainment I'm picking up. Shit, people used to pay my bar tabs when I had a friggin boat!

You know, the groups we always hang with are very generous. Seems one person pics up the bill one night, someone else the next, someone else the next. My daughter and AJ picked it up tab at some bougey Italian place 12 of us went to Sunday night. Iā€™m guessing it was at least $1500 Maybe more.

Reactions: DWC

Headless hula

Iā€™ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
It's like anything else. You have the folks that go to events like this for the party. You have the ones that go just because of the location. You have the people that like the rockets, and those that like the cruisers and the straight up baller factor.
It takes all kinds to have an event that big I would think.

Of what I saw in the pics, Sweetwater's tow rig and a matching 340X would be about perfect for my "Baller Combo"
1000% agree with you. Again, I just find it wildly fascinating to see the different perspectives of the folks that attended.

I actually had this very conversation with @Tank on Saturday night. His approach and mine are polar opposites and neither are wrong. šŸ˜Ž

I find it humorous that the guy that just started a thread about a week ago was all about getting ā€œback to basicsā€ and rediscovering the ā€œrootsā€ of the site, shows up taking a nap on the poker run down,
0CC69814-ECC0-4A8B-8065-AB4E8080D4F4.jpeg

Headless hula

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to get a house DIRT CHEAP 22 miles away for 500 bucksā€¦.. for the week. This wonā€™t happen for anyone.
I spent about 700 in fuel between my truck and boat, and went to the grocery store for food. Ate out 2x the whole week. Bought 1 case of beerā€¦..

My whole trip was about 1500 all in. šŸ¤“

Had the time of my life, and remember EVERY MOMENT OF IT TOO.

(Didnā€™t fall into any wet concrete, buy shots for the entire bar, didnā€™t have a fancy pants dinner with 15 of my closest ā€œfriendsā€šŸ™„ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦)

Headless hula

Reaction score
So, thereā€™s multiple ways to go and enjoy key west. It really depends on what your intentions are. Are you coming to PARTY YOUR ASS OFF?!?!?!

Are you coming to watch the most anticipated and competitive boat racing on the entire planet?

Are you coming to participate in the most epic poker run to ever be held on the planet?

Are you coming to take in the sights and history of one of Floridaā€™s most historical places?

Thereā€™s no ā€œwrongā€ way to do it. Just figure out which way suits you. Then, go do ā€œ youā€ šŸ˜‰

Taboma

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to get a house DIRT CHEAP 22 miles away for 500 bucksā€¦.. for the week. This wonā€™t happen for anyone.
I spent about 700 in fuel between my truck and boat, and went to the grocery store for food. Ate out 2x the whole week. Bought 1 case of beerā€¦..

(Didnā€™t fall into any wet concrete, buy shots for the entire bar, didnā€™t have a fancy pants dinner with 15 of my closest ā€œfriendsā€šŸ™„ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦)

And didn't have a mask, fins and snorkel in the Hulu šŸ„“

Tank

Reaction score
So, thereā€™s multiple ways to go and enjoy key west. It really depends on what your intentions are. Are you coming to PARTY YOUR ASS OFF?!?!?!

Are you coming to watch the most anticipated and competitive boat racing on the entire planet?

Are you coming to participate in the most epic poker run to ever be held on the planet?

Are you coming to take in the sights and history of one of Floridaā€™s most historical places?

Thereā€™s no ā€œwrongā€ way to do it. Just figure out which way suits you. Then, go do ā€œ youā€ šŸ˜‰
I actually go down there for the 1, 2, 3 points and have never focused on the islands history. I know most of it but havenā€™t dived in. Iā€™m waiting til our boys get a little older and actually do a family trip down there.

Thereā€™s another main reason we go to this event, itā€™s the number one draw of boaters from around the world. Itā€™s always great to catch up with people and have a beer with a bud you havenā€™t seen in a while. Many of the people we hang with at these events we may only see once or twice a year but we talk to them via text or call all year long. So, itā€™s cool to get together. Probably the number one reason for us to go. Seeing friends.

Itā€™s kinda funny but Iā€™d say havasu is a ā€œwhoā€™s got the bigger dick contestā€ over key west. Because Thereā€™s ALWAYS!! ALWAYS!! someone with a bigger dick swinging down in key west so itā€™s actually not really even much of a competition. Just a bunch of boaters from all different backgrounds getting together to watch the races, do some boating, party and see all your buddies. šŸ˜šŸ‘

Last edited:

attitude

Reaction score

Thatā€™s more my style and within my budget lol! Looks like you had a blast, especially being able to have your boat down there with a guide!

cofooter

Reaction score

Thatā€™s more my style and within my budget lol! Looks like you had a blast, especially being able to have your boat down there with a guide!
Is there an off-season? Maybe hurricane season? Just to come down and chill w/o all the crowds and drama? haha

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
1000% agree with you. Again, I just find it wildly fascinating to see the different perspectives of the folks that attended.

I actually had this very conversation with @Tank on Saturday night. His approach and mine are polar opposites and neither are wrong. šŸ˜Ž

I find it humorous that the guy that just started a thread about a week ago was all about getting ā€œback to basicsā€ and rediscovering the ā€œrootsā€ of the site, shows up taking a nap on the poker run down, View attachment 1067060
Hahahaha...

Headless hula

Reaction score
I actually go down there for the 1, 2, 3 points and have never focused on the islands history. I know most of it but havenā€™t dived in. Iā€™m waiting til our boys get a little older and actually do a family trip down there.

Thereā€™s another main reason we go to this event, itā€™s the number one draw of boaters from around the world. Itā€™s always great to catch up with people and have a beer with a bud you havenā€™t seen in a while. Many of the people we hang with at these events we may only see once or twice a year but we talk to them via text or call all year long. So, itā€™s cool to get together. Probably the number one reason for us to go. Seeing friends.

Itā€™s kinda funny but Iā€™d say havasu is a ā€œwhoā€™s got the bigger dick contestā€ over key west. Because Thereā€™s ALWAYS!! ALWAYS!! someone with a bigger dick swinging down in key west so itā€™s actually not really even much of a competition. Just a bunch of boaters from all different backgrounds getting together to watch the races, do some boating, party and see all your buddies. šŸ˜šŸ‘
You misspelled havasu ā€œbro festā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

We both know havasu is a joke for boating.

It sure was good to see you man. šŸ˜‰

Tank

Reaction score
You misspelled havasu ā€œbro festā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

We both know havasu is a joke for boating.

It sure was good to see you man. šŸ˜‰
Lol. I actually love boating in havasu. But man a lot of people hate it. But I donā€™t always want to go get lost on a private beach (which you can do if you know where to look in havasu). I like options of going here and there and seeing the boats and people. I guess I like the social aspect of havasu. Kinda why I like LOTO and The kW Run. Iā€™m just a social butterfly. šŸ˜‚

But you know, when we boat out in the ocean in the pacific itā€™s a completely different style of boating. More traditional boating. Go out run hard have lunch, run home. I like both. But havasu has its purpose for us. Of course, not even I could handle how crowded it was all last year. I actually said to my wife ā€œif desert storm is this much of a cluster fuck (with 10,000 boats running like the 405 freeway) I wonā€™t be backā€. We do avoid holiday weekends. Have for 15 plus years.

So I get what youā€™re saying šŸ˜‰

It was great catching up with you too man. Even if it was super quick. šŸ‘šŸ‘

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that on the flight home, this is the first time in 7 years i have taken a boat, it totally depends on who you go with but this trip and crew trying to get a bill was damn near impossible, I drank a lot less this trip then previous trips since i was driving, and really didn't stay out as late as in the past. You can save money in a lot of ways ( like anywhere) but being near Duval street is worthwhile in my opinion
Its still an expensive week, I think being realistic for a couple with no boat you should budget $10k as mentioned before, with a boat depending on distance traveled you could be looking at $20k, and that again is not trying to be frugal, also i think this is one if not the most expensive week to go, new years might be more

If you can, the run down from miami should be on every ones bucket list, There will be a video coming out from
Dave that will show some of the highlights, its a long day on the boat but still very worthwhile,

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

I find it humorous that the guy that just started a thread about a week ago was all about getting ā€œback to basicsā€ and rediscovering the ā€œrootsā€ of the site, shows up taking a nap on the poker run down, View attachment 1067060

Iā€™m seriously hysterical over here lmao

27B67463-3AB5-4425-9ACC-8E78528CCB2C.gif

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I understand completely. Money isnt growing on trees for me like it used to.

Listening to Glen Beck this morning over Coffee and he was on this Entire Situation of Inflation + ? his advice is Not spending on anything unless necessary separating needs and wants then sit for a bit to see what shakes out. I agree with his prediction of a very difficult year ahead, and even if the Gop does take back things in 2022 What? it will take a long time to unwind this disaster.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do you find it interesting how different and varied the experiences are by the folks that posted in this thread? I do.

Actually I do.. some people go just for the boating, some people go just for the races.. personally I go for the experience.. little boating little key west. Iā€™ll watch the races but after ten minutes Iā€™m on to different things.

Beautiful thing about any event. Itā€™s like a diamond everyone can go to the same place, and everyone might be staring at the same diamond, but each looking through a different facet.

To each their own.

Judging by some of the recent posts and self deleted posts I canā€™t help but wonder whatā€™s up.. for a second time.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some are like, "Race, what Race, there was a race ?" šŸ˜‚

That would be me. I have been around boat racing and I put on a pretty historically prestigious race for three years.. after seeing behind the scenes of what a shit show that is, I have little interest in any of it..

This has been going on since the dawn of boat racing through the Nordskog years and still today.

Hey look at that.. the party guy just dropped a name that was one of the most famous in history and 95% of the people in this thread would have no idea who he is.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Interestingly enough the tencara molds were in Havasu for a long time, maybe still are? Vern had something to do with them.. then I think Brad from e ticket had them for some reason?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Kinda depends on how crazy ya get with it, but 5-6ā€™ish no boat if your careful.

Hotels are around 700 a night so you are 2800 before planes before food and before bars.

My hotels for the weekend were 6k. Filled up
The cig once 1200.00 couple tabs here and there etc. Plane tickets.

I tend to spend a lot of money at the dinners restaurants/ bars etc.

Last edited:

Reddy Too

Reaction score
Swinging dicks always be swinging. For mister open wallet it sure was closed the last time I served him and his 20 friends.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Swinging dicks always be swinging. For mister open wallet it sure was closed the last time I served him and his 20 friends.
Maybe Iā€™m a little self conscious because Sean and his little slights at me.. but If this is about me I have no idea what we are talking about.

I pay all my bills and canā€™t recall a time I have ever left a tip Less than 20%? I can promise you every single waiter(ess) / bartender / cab / Uber / you fucking name it from here to Florida will vouch for that.

Hell even the big desert storm
Parties we throw where the bartenders all fight to work them because they make the most Thst night, I pay each one a 100.00 at the end of the night regardless.

I think the lowest rung of hell is reserved for people that hurt children and cheap out on tips / mean to servers.

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
Is there an off-season? Maybe hurricane season? Just to come down and chill w/o all the crowds and drama? haha
We spent part of our honeymoon down there in late August early September and I can tell you we didn't spend near that much staying at the galleon. Did a boat tour in some 15' boats and had a blast. Had a little bit of rain and a few hurricanes dodged us, so we got lucky.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In regards to @Tank 's "swinging dicks" reference: The thing I've noticed in Havasu, the river and in the car world, is that the actual ballers tend to be pretty cool. They have nothing to prove it seems. I've had a chance to meet people with boats worth more than my complete net worth. Had one that didn't know me at all, from here, offer to take me out on their rocket. In the car world, I have coffee on Saturdays with a guy that sold some patents to an engine manufacturer for the low 9 digits...He's just a normal "car guy", loves to talk cars and machine work, he just has deeper pockets.

It's the guys that are trying to impress you with their wealth, or perceived wealth. Those are the ones that can be on the obnoxious side.

I have no wealth, perceived or real. I am obnoxious all on my own ;) The great thing is, we all share the same water, roads or interests that put us there. There is still a common thread.

clarence

Reaction score
Boat was called a ā€œplatinum 41ā€. Honestly it was a little different for me.. tiny cockpit with a huge lounge then a set of outboards.. looked like it was originally setup for a staggered setup? Had a kinda trough down the bow / inset deal
Was kinda cool looking but I didnā€™t understand it. Looked like a great way to collect rain water.. just a weird lookin boat.

Thanks. Interesting backstory.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I guess I donā€™t understand why an amazing thread with crazy boating content is now going sideways..

Oh wait a second.. letā€™s read it again.

Unreal. To me anyways. And I have had about enough of that.

What I will say is we (myself and Stacy and michael) had a great time with an unbelievable captain (Dan) thank you again! And got to hang out with Bob and Amy who were some
Of the most entertaining people I have ever met.. (love them both!) then there is Brooks who is basically me single right now.. lol. Heā€™s like my brother from
Another mother.

One of the best trips ever.. which is why we all pay the crazy amount of money to do it.

I got to see people I only see there. I got to see local friends in a foreign land that we all love much more than home. We got to see and experience amazing things.

And we got to meet people from Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, the Bronx, deleware, Manhattan shit all over the country with one common interest.. people that love fun and are interested in power boating.

I donā€™t care if you got a 496 boat, riding on a friends boat, or even if you drink bud light. Itā€™s about fun and fun only..

No amount of money can replace the memories, the lack of memories, the relationships built, and the good times had.

It was awesome..

RD

Last edited:

sonicss31

Reaction score
During this ā€œpandemicā€ shit only August, September and October are off-season. Probably because travel to other tropical climates are a PIA to travel too right now. In normal times April thru early October are quiet time. The snowbirds usually roll in about January and stay til March but many are coming earlier and staying longer. I guess trying to escape the bullshit in their home states. In September many restaurants actually close their doors for 1 to 3 weeks because only locals are here and it gives the employees a time to recover and spend time with their families. Summer months can be hot, humid and the no-seeums are pesky but the water is warm and super clear so fishing, diving and snorkeling are best. If you have young children, say infants or toddlers I suggest waiting until they are a little older because there is not much here for them to enjoy. Oh and driving on this mostly 2 lane road for a 100 miles will test your patience if you are in a hurry, tourists are too busy looking to the left and right checking out the blue waters on one side and green water on other side. :p

sonicss31

Reaction score
I forgot to address ā€œhurricane seasonā€. Donā€™t sweat that. All hurricanes are predicted at least a week in advance so plenty of time to prepare if you are smart. Yes it could be a wrench in your plans but nothing to prevent you from planning a vacation to here.

Taboma

Reaction score
That would be me. I have been around boat racing and I put on a pretty historically prestigious race for three years.. after seeing behind the scenes of what a shit show that is, I have little interest in any of it..

This has been going on since the dawn of boat racing through the Nordskog years and still today.

Hey look at that.. the party guy just dropped a name that was one of the most famous in history and 95% of the people in this thread would have no idea who he is.. lol

Certainly you're not alone in that regard. That's the type of race where people flock for the party atmosphere, like the Grand Prix at Monaco.
Hell, even NASCAR for many camping in the infield are only there for the partying and the race is secondary.

I haven't followed any form of boat, jet ski or motorsports racing in over 20 years, yet growing up I was an avid fan of them all.
All the players I was familiar with are retired or gone, racing no longer holds any familiarity. Although I do smile when I see Gordon Jennings and Greg Foster's names on the Parker race driver's list.

Regardless, I certainly enjoyed and appreciated the KW race coverage provided by a few members, some of the shots they caught were awesome.

I also got immersed in the last Water Ski Racing World's with RDP members intimately involved and providing such great on the scene coverage, probably the only time I've paid any attention to that race in my life, despite growing up in the world of ski racing.
Hell, I was even sitting here at my computer watching the ski race videos, I never do that.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
What I will say is we (myself and Stacy and michael) had a great time with an unbelievable captain (Dan) thank you again! And got to hang out with Bob and Amy who were some
Of the most entertaining people I have ever met.. (love them both!) then there is Brooks who is basically me single right now.. lol. Heā€™s like my brother from
Another mother.

One of the best trips ever.. which is why we all pay the crazy amount of money to do it.

I got to see people I only see there. I got to see local friends in a foreign land that we all love much more than home. We got to see and experience amazing things.

And we got to meet people from Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, the Bronx, deleware, Manhattan shit all over the country with one common interest.. people that love fun and are interested in power boating.

I donā€™t care if you got a 496 boat, riding on a friends boat, or even if you drink bud light. Itā€™s about fun and fun only..

No amount of money can replace the memories, the lack of memories, the relationships built, and the good times had.

It was awesome..

RD

Thanks Dave, i had an awesome time with great friends, reason i go every year, made some great memories thats for sure,

Also it was good to see another side of you and Stacy that was not working all the time ( at least as much as you are capable of not working) but just having a good time,

Looking forward to the next adventure
I absolutely love this pic that Michael took, i think it says a lot about the trip

F03E7BE3-01EB-429E-9225-A62253DB862F.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You know, the groups we always hang with are very generous. Seems one person pics up the bill one night, someone else the next, someone else the next. My daughter and AJ picked it up tab at some bougey Italian place 12 of us went to Sunday night. Iā€™m guessing it was at least $1500 Maybe more.
No alligator arms around your group.... nice.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I guess I donā€™t understand why an amazing thread with crazy boating content is now going sideways..

Oh wait a second.. letā€™s read it again.

Unreal. To me anyways. And I have had about enough of that.

Another mother.

It was awesome..

RD
Sounds like KW was just the medicine your earlier mood needed..... we all have slumps... especially as we transition to winter.... boating seems to always pull me out of any negative moods I may have from time to time. Being on the water is the best therapy I've found. I used to date a gal with MS.... she'd go up into the bow rider area as we'd get under way into the ocean and I'd just watch the side of her face as she'd seem to forget all her problems.... I could tell everything would wash away as the sun hit her face and wind blew her hair back. Boating really is special.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Raced into his 80s. Nothing better than walking down the sidewalk on a Sunday afternoon @Ventura Harbor POPRA race and say hello to Bob Nordskog,standing next to Bob,Reggie Fountain.

ano
3B142018-C9DD-4CBD-AE5F-5396320A4756.jpeg
C4DDFD03-2D67-4EA7-9EB6-0B143573F0A1.jpeg
8D7C2F1B-9ECD-4BB0-96F4-C9C23B433671.jpeg

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Any chance Danimal's Cig got on Haulover Inlet video? Did you see them set up with thier cameras?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Any chance Danimal's Cig got on Haulover Inlet video? Did you see them set up with thier cameras?
They were there but we went out around a big cruiser, I haven't seen any videos of us running. we did have a helicopter follow us for a while after we left Haulover and to me it looked like he was right on the deck so he should have some good video.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I forgot to address ā€œhurricane seasonā€. Donā€™t sweat that. All hurricanes are predicted at least a week in advance so plenty of time to prepare if you are smart. Yes it could be a wrench in your plans but nothing to prevent you from planning a vacation to here.
One difficulty with Hurricane Season are the Tropical Waves. They can be frequent during the hurricane season. They are less powerful than a Tropical Storm and typically not published. But they really do suck. They produce hot, extremely humid, rainy, very breezy weather along with a miserable big chop on the water. They can ruin a vacation. Its been said those KW postcards with those big white fluffy clouds and beautiful water were photos not taken during Hurricane Season.