WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
For fuel ALWAYS use a fluoroelastomer like Viton. Just for future reference.

McMaster-Carr is a great source of o-rings, they carry viton in all sizes.

Agreed. This is what I get for trying to save time and buy overpriced o-rings that were purported to to be the right size viton o-rings and fuel safe.

Saving grace was that I told my buddy to buy the correct ones a few weeks ago and he did. Otherwise I would have been dead in the water in Wikiup waiting for the chase truck that was over in Yucca.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Agreed. This is what I get for trying to save time and buy overpriced o-rings that were purported to to be the right size viton o-rings and fuel safe.

Saving grace was that I told my buddy to buy the correct ones a few weeks ago and he did. Otherwise I would have been dead in the water in Wikiup waiting for the chase truck that was over in Yucca.
Not necessarily true. I think you know I do Hose, Fittings and Hydraulic stuff. Buna rubber has good-excellent oil & fuel resistance. If Viton was the issue, every hose in the fuel delivery system would need to be Viton. That’s not realistic.

Viton is mainly the go-to for Chemicals resistance.

They were likely just cheap Buna o-rings that were low bidder. It’s common to use inexpensive fillers to meet consumers low price demands

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. I think you know I do Hose, Fittings and Hydraulic stuff. Buna rubber has good-excellent oil & fuel resistance. If Viton was the issue, every hose in the fuel delivery system would need to be Viton. That’s not realistic.

Viton is mainly the go-to for Chemicals resistance.
Good point. I've used Buna o rings in fuel systems before.

Buna and Buna N are the same, correct? Whatever I bought was not Viton or Buna.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Buna also has excellent tensile strength and compression abilities

There’s also a rubber hardness scale called durometer. That could also be the culprit

90 durometer is the norm.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Buna also has excellent tensile strength and compression abilities

There’s also a rubber hardness scale called durometer. That could also be the culprit

90 durometer is the norm.

Yep. done lots of tire testing in a past life, so familiar with durometer.

These things were soft going in, and even softer coming out.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Yep. done lots of tire testing in a past life, so familiar with durometer.

These things were soft going in, and even softer coming out.
BTW, what year did Polaris change these o-rings? My 14 stranded us once. I had to walk 13 miles back to my cabin. I have a 2020 Ranger Northstar Crew and have no clue if it’s the same?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
BTW, what year did Polaris change these o-rings? My 14 stranded us once. I had to walk 13 miles back to my cabin. I have a 2020 Ranger Northstar Crew and have no clue if it’s the same?

That I do not know, but I do know cases of this happening have dropped off from what I can tell after 2017 or so. I do not think this is a thing anymore.

Mine is a 2016 and I can tell the fuel pump had been out of it before I owned it, so I figured I was probably fine. I just bought the o-rings as a precaution or to give to a friend so we would not have to do that walk.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
That I do not know, but I do know cases of this happening have dropped off from what I can tell after 2017 or so. I do not think this is a thing anymore.

Mine is a 2016 and I can tell the fuel pump had been out of it before I owned it, so I figured I was probably fine. I just bought the o-rings as a precaution or to give to a friend so we would not have to do that walk.
Are the o-rings just under the flange on the tank?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are the o-rings just under the flange on the tank?
Pretty much. Pop off the lock for the fuel supply line, and it slides off the fitting, unhook the harness connector. Note the alignment of the fuel pump flange, and how it sits in the tank. There are alignment marks to guide you. You can use a set of oil filter pliers to loosen the flange nut.
The fuel pump assembly is spring loaded, so you have to hold it down a bit and unscrew the flange nut. Once the flange nut is off you can remove the pump assembly, and with a small flathead, pry the lower cap that has the filter attached off the assembly, it just snaps on. slide out the fuel pump from the assembly, and you will see the oring, replace it, and put it all back together. It takes less than 10 mins.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I barely used my can am? I don’t remember for sure but I think it had 1800 miles on it when I sold it. Ran to the Alamo, huslapies, desert bash, roveys needle, cabins a bunch of times, all over Parker etc?

But I did sell it because I was concerned the value was gonna drop when the speed cars got near.. who woulda thought covid was coming and inflated all the prices. My biggest mistake was I coulda bought it back and I hesitated.. I should have just bought it back.

I ended up buying one RZR, didn’t like it so I sold that to a co worker, and bought another one. I think we are getting close so it isn’t worth selling this one and getting another built can am or something..

Like I said last night though.. I have traded a few speed slots and made a couple of bucks. I currently have 3 slots, 2 four seaters and a two seater.
So you didnt sell it because of the RZR racing incident?

Taboma

Reaction score
Pretty much. Pop off the lock for the fuel supply line, and it slides off the fitting, unhook the harness connector. Note the alignment of the fuel pump flange, and how it sits in the tank. There are alignment marks to guide you. You can use a set of oil filter pliers to loosen the flange nut.
The fuel pump assembly is spring loaded, so you have to hold it down a bit and unscrew the flange nut. Once the flange nut is off you can remove the pump assembly, and with a small flathead, pry the lower cap that has the filter attached off the assembly, it just snaps on. slide out the fuel pump from the assembly, and you will see the oring, replace it, and put it all back together. It takes less than 10 mins.

Is this small green Oring the one you're replacing ?

Rzr Fuel Pump Oring.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll take that before February action. Not hating, I have a speed car on order but I cant resist the odds at this point.
No takey backsies.
I’m with @Deckin Around how do I get in on bet 1.

What is his lowest car number too? Tooling, manufacturer, loading/shipping, assmebl
In texas and delivered to Arizona. Seems like a easy 1000 for me.
No way in hell any cars are delivering before February!! Yet alone daves!

Bet one you bet em all.. that’s why it says “stacks” and not stack.

Just got hoke from Florida and have been dealing with shit all day to get ready for a move in on a show tomorrow at 7:00 or I would have responded earlier.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Bet one you bet em all.. that’s why it says “stacks” and not stack.

Just got hoke from Florida and have been dealing with shit all day to get ready for a move in on a show tomorrow at 7:00 or I would have responded earlier.
Hey buddy, How do stacks work? can I win 2/3 lol?
Selling your #1 car for $3k over is nothing especially when you bought in before the price increase so no bet there. How about $1500 on the by February car and $1500 on the by March Car all or nothing. 🐔

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Selling your #1 car for $3k over is nothing especially when you bought in before the price increase so no bet there. How about $1500 on the by February car and $1500 on the by March Car all or nothing. 🐔
So wait, you are saying he’s money ahead on the purchase?

That is in interesting proposition on delivery..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Lol let me think on that!

attitude

Reaction score
Is RD trying to hand out stimulus checks? JK lol

The faster these things get delivered and the better they are the more RZRs will be up for sale for me to chose from.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I believe that’s what was said.. “we are money ahead”. Which is the point? Lol

The wife and I are driving out for the Sand and Water show, you can use some of that mad stack to buy me a beer Saturday. 👍

JBZ

Reaction score
I thought you all would like this

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Again with the unusual thinking that I or anyone else is "worried".
Maybe you can buy me a beer also. 👍

You keep trying to tell me and everyone else how much money "ahead" or "behind" we are, so I had to assume you somehow cared about money that was not yours that you didn't earn and didn't spend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought you all would like this

Lmao!

Reactions: JBZ

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
You keep trying to tell me and everyone else how much money "ahead" or "behind" we are, so I had to assume you somehow cared about money that was not yours that you didn't earn and didn't spend.

Not sure who the "everyone else" is but all I did was point out a comment you made which was inaccurate. (putting it nicely)
I guess I'm just a caring kind of guy.

I'm also seeing that a dead horse is never quite dead with you.
You can still buy me that beer though and we'll talk about RZR's. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not sure who the "everyone else" is but all I did was point out a comment you made which was inaccurate. (putting it nicely)

One of the things I admire about ole LOF is the sheer tenacity.. lol. Never say die

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

There are a hundred other posts in this thread saying the cars are worth nothing, the business will go under, these will never bee delivered, you shouldn't be able to transfer or sell spots for profits... the list goes on.

Dave was the one who claimed he was money ahead in the first place.. not me.. I was just defending the guy.

I don't know why you hold the on paper profits on stocks, and and 401Ks to a different standard than potential profits of selling a vehicle or reservation for a vehicle. If the market says the widgets, stocks etc. are worth more than paid, you are ahead. The item held is worth that value, at that time.

If you want to say it is not worth more until you have the money in your pocket as profit, fine I'll go with that, but the market still says it is worth more than what was paid.

Maybe you should buy me the beer since I'm so money behind over here :)

Regardless, I would have a beer with ya.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So @RiverDave how do we bet on you getting your car by February or no more bet?

I am processing. I didn’t watch the latest release but the last one I saw I thought they were producing in dec.. if that’s the case I should have in January. If they ran into some problem?

I am gonna watch the video but I’m driving to California

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I am processing. I didn’t watch the latest release but the last one I saw I thought they were producing in dec.. if that’s the case I should have in January. If they ran into some problem?

I am gonna watch the video but I’m driving to California

They are shooting for late December/end of the year to be "done with development" and starting assembly. Gordon is starting to tell people there is a chance they will get early cars late in the season. You are more bullish than me on Feb deliveries these days :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Sometimes its better to just not post when you don't know what you are typing about, instead of posting and removing all doubt.

Enjoy yore jumbo shrimp cocktail.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sometimes its better to just not post when you don't know what you are typing about, instead of posting and removing all doubt.

That’s about how I’m feeling right now
With regard to my potential bets.. open mouth insert foot…. 😳

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

I highly doubt anything in this thread will actually occur. Jumbo Shrimp don't exist, just like the Unicorn.:oops:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That’s about how I’m feeling right now
With regard to my potential bets.. open mouth insert foot…. 😳
The double or nothing for March action might be ok.. or not.

I'm sure they are facing supply chain issues on some level. They have not pulled that card as an official reason for delays yet. They have alluded that it has been a challenge they have been working through for months, in parallel to developing the car.

I don't know if they will pull the card and sit on their thumbs for a couple months, or if they will just continue the "test and development" until they are ready to hit the go button. The optics are much better doing the latter.

They are going to start losing some dealer sales to Polaris here as we move into early 2022 and the new cars start to trickle out. There are still more buyers for new UTV than there are UTVs, so I think they will all sell, both the Speed and the Polaris units.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I highly doubt anything in this thread will actually occur. Jumbo Shrimp don't exist, just like the Unicorn.:oops:

Funny, Robby Gordon is racing a unicorn in Mexico as I type this.

Your uninformed opinion is taken under advisement.

attitude

Reaction score

So this is what the production line Speed UTVs look like? Shit, I better get in line before Robby adds a zero to that 40k price tag!🙂
88702F06-EE02-4605-A293-848BA09D7BC2.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So this is what the production line Speed UTVs look like? Shit, I better get in line before Robby adds a zero to that 40k price tag!🙂 View attachment 1067481

That must be, It says Speed UTV on the side.

They did all their Baja pre running in the pre production Speed UTVs that don't exist and would not be here from China by now.

HCP3

Reaction score
That must be, It says Speed UTV on the side.

They did all their Baja pre running in the preproduction Speed UTVs that don't exist.

All of it? I thought he said 250'ish miles in his last video. I only skipped through the video it so I could have missed it. If so, impressive.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

He's averaging 17.2 MPH 3rd from dead last.😂 in his "I'll blame every one around me truck" when HE DNF's AGAIN.........

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
All of it? I thought he said 250'ish miles in his last video. I only skipped through the video it so I could have missed it. If so, impressive.

I think you are right, the Speed UTVs may not have been used for each driver, but I know all RG's pre running was going to be done in the UTV. It will be interesting to hear how it went and how many miles they put on when they get back.

Taboma

Reaction score
A lot more spots opened up this week. Cars in the 100’s first batch cars can be changed to different cars if someone wants. I thought they locked early cars from changes already.

View attachment 1067149

Why the disparity between the " Due upon purchase " costs ? I notice the first states deposit, others don't. 🤔

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He's averaging 17.2 MPH 3rd from dead last.😂 in his "I'll blame every one around me truck" when HE DNF's AGAIN.........

They didn't do much prep, they have been screwing with UTVs for months. I'd rather this than the other way around to be honest.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why the disparity between the " Due upon purchase " costs ? I notice the first states deposit, others don't. 🤔

Options. Some of the cars have no options, some look to have a lot of options. Those represent options that will come installed when you take delivery of the car so you'd want to get the invoice to see what was selected. If they are still configurable cars, that would represent a credit, and you could keep the options as is, get different options, or get no options and apply that credit to the price of the car, or some combination thereof.

The labor to install those "paid up front" options at the factory was free. You could get the options outside of the purchase of the car as well. but they would be the same price, and you would also have to pay shipping, and install them yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.