WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
so being that these things are meant to go in the desert and get trashed. the guys that did the run from havasu to primm. a couple people broke stuff i read. being that they have 10000 cars to deliver seems like they wont have extra parts laying around for you guys to order? say you break something is there going to be another huge wait on getting parts to fix the car? or did robby take readily available parts that are already made to put car together besides the motor and body?
Hey I only broke a belt and myself

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Based on this it might be a good idea for you guys to get ready to place orders for parts. In fact one could buy parts and resell them at a hefty profit down the road 🤩
are you expecting a greater than 10% component failure? Obviously there are a lot of unknowns about potential issues but I think 10% is a fair amount to have as spare parts

Riverryder

Reaction score
@WhatExit? being that this is how the speed customers are trying to do. buy more then they need and charge people more then they should just because haha

@Bpracing1127 i rolled my ankle in the summer and it still hurts stepping down from my truck hurts anythin pretty much. your in for a long road. but didnt others have issues? fuel pump o ring and a canam broke somethin else as well correct? im just asking. seems like they are selling snake oil and everyone is buying it.

i have no horse in the race i would never spend 30-40k to bash on something in the desert. my 5k samurai is perfect for me.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
@WhatExit? being that this is how the speed customers are trying to do. buy more then they need and charge people more then they should just because haha

@Bpracing1127 i rolled my ankle in the summer and it still hurts stepping down from my truck hurts anythin pretty much. your in for a long road. but didnt others have issues? fuel pump o ring and a canam broke somethin else as well correct? im just asking. seems like they are selling snake oil and everyone is buying it.

i have no horse in the race i would never spend 30-40k to bash on something in the desert. my 5k samurai is perfect for me.
Lol. Fuel pump o ring but was self induced because LOF bought non fuel rated ones.

Can am had a broken radius rod “toe link” bolt. Would have been a 20 min fix if we had the axle but socket. Which the group all went out and bought lol.

Then flat tires

redone76

Reaction score

Hey! I have a 5k Samurai as well! Love it
3605373D-CFF2-424D-A4D8-55F1074A87BF.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
What an eye opening and astoundingly 👉👈👇☝️🖕 thread.
Other than some good $ sniping on preorder spots it's been proven that starting up a production line along with the R&R isn't as simple as it seems.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Mainly because the driver uses the extra power. The BSFC isn't massively different. About 0.05 lbs per hp per hour or 10%.

That means equal hp NA vs Forced Induction in a 200hp motor will use about 10lbs or 1.5 gallons more in an hour out of 15 gallons total, and that is only if you are using all 200hp 100% of the time. 50% duty is more realistic.

NA motors run between 0.450 and 0.500 lbs per hp per hour and Forced induction is between .500 and .550 lbs per hp per hour in gasoline.

Re do those numbers for the speed on e85 and high boost to make 300 hp. Gonna be like 0.655 or higher iirc

riverroyal

Reaction score
Hope these new R model welds come with some JB Weld or you might need a new cage. Keep suppliers in business. Lol
I cant wait until about 8 months from now when you guys get your unicorns. Im going to zoom in on everything broken and talk shit about them. Then finish with lol.
Speeds will break, they all do.

I might start buying the parts, to sell later. You know, to friends at a mark up.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I cant wait until about 8 months from now when you guys get your unicorns. Im going to zoom in on everything broken and talk shit about them. Then finish with lol.

I might start buying the parts, to sell later. You know, to friends at a mark up.

"FLIPPING" Speed Car Parts, The New "BITCOIN"

yz450mm

Reaction score

I like your idea, but I'd bet five hundred bucks that you're only going to be able to buy parts if you provide your master number or build number.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I like your idea, but I'd bet five hundred bucks that you're only going to be able to buy parts if you provide your master number or build number.
There wont be parts available so im not sure it will matter.
Unless the asymbly line makes extras that are not going in the pre sold 15000 units.
Do you build all parts with a 10% over run to keep them in stock? Maybe

yz450mm

Reaction score
There wont be parts available so im not sure it will matter.
Unless the asymbly line makes extras that are not going in the pre sold 15000 units.
Do you build all parts with a 10% over run to keep them in stock? Maybe
Another post stated that they were going to allocate 10% to parts retainment. It would make sense, why wouldn't they?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Another post stated that they were going to allocate 10% to parts retainment. It would make sense, why wouldn't they?
That’s a lot of parts. I bet they hold a min max system. However lack of info available on this suggests that they won’t do any of it

Riverryder

Reaction score
It’s so hard for big corporations to have a parts system readily available. Have you been to lowes? Home Depot?
Dealers? Tires from discount? ( I waited 4 weeks for tires from discount because they had to order 1 at a time from stores across the nation) Or tried to order a part for your new vehicle recently it’s hard to get it and it’s a long wait. I can’t imagaine how hard it’s going to be for them to manufactur parts for the 15000 units already sold.

Don’t the big 2 send cars to big company’s before consumers get them to let them try and make parts for them? Is this the plan with these or is he keeping the cards close to his chest and he will be the only one to supply and make things?

yz450mm

Reaction score
Lack of info? I'm not sure why you think that Speed UTV has some obligation to disclose manufacturing info to the public?
Robbie is pretty accessible, pretty sure you can contact him via social media, email, or at his shop in Havasu.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Got it. They will need to. Then parts shouldn’t be a problem especially if your in havasu with the big store

DLC

Reaction score

LOF blew his transmission with at least 5,000 + miles on it, we just rolled 500 on this ride, his fuel pump O ring wasn’t chemical rated but it was a really easy fix with a beer maybe 15-20 min max

we Did a little bush wacking and got a couple flat tires

a couple rzr’s had belt issues maybe 30 -45 minutes Each , Some times it freakin HOT inside and it’s best to wait for it to cool off a bit

2 of the 4 can ams had spare axles but no one had a 30 mm axle nut socket…. That only happens once!

speed- only thing really needed for on the car spare parts…

axle
Misc bolts
tie rod
belt
joints (heims or what ever they use)
rear trailing arm
frt a arm
hub assembly
spare tire

these are typical parts

yz450mm

Reaction score
Got it. They will need to. Then parts shouldn’t be a problem especially if your in havasu with the big store
I'm just repeating what I saw earlier, I have no skin in this game. To be honest I'm perfectly happy with my yxz with paddle shifters, even though everyone else on here says it's the biggest pile of s*** on the Earth. Yamaha has something up their sleeve, it probably won't compete fully with the speed but it'll be fine for me.

Edit...

I don't have a rubber band, I have 2 drive shafts and a 5-speed sequential transmission with a clutch. If I burn the clutch up, that's my fault, and only mine.

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
@yz450mm I think the Yamaha and talon are great cars for most people use thing this for. If course people have money to blow so they get the best of the best. I like you have no skin in the game I have a 35 year old Suzuki but still fun to talk shop.

@DLC your list sound great but the chances they would get this parts to have on the car will be a long while before a person will be able to get them unless someone makes there own version of i. Or am i missing somethin?

yz450mm

Reaction score
@yz450mm I think the Yamaha and talon are great cars for most people use thing this for. If course people have money to blow so they get the best of the best. I like you have no skin in the game I have a 35 year old Suzuki but still fun to talk shop.

@DLC your list sound great but the chances they would get this parts to have on the car will be a long while before a person will be able to get them unless someone makes there own version of i. Or am i missing somethin?
The Talon was a great idea, but ended up being a Flop. YXZs own the short course all day long, and have a better drivetrain than anybody else hands down. Time proven three-cylinder snowmobile motor, with a direct drive 5 speed motorcycle transmission? Yeah we win.

Again, nobody here is going to praise the YXZ, cause it's not the cool thing to do. But the krx, Talon, razr, and Canam motor are nothing to write home about.

DWC

Reaction score

@DLC just likes to make lists for other people. He’s really good at it. SOB.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
The Talon was a great idea, but ended up being a Flop. YXZs own the short course all day long, and have a better drivetrain than anybody else hands down. Time proven three-cylinder snowmobile motor, with a direct drive 5 speed motorcycle transmission? Yeah we win.

Again, nobody here is going to praise the YXZ, cause it's not the cool thing to do. But the krx, Talon, razr, and Canam motor are nothing to write home about.
I keep all those parts in my can am except the A arm, rear trailing arm and the hub assembly.

I have 2 axles f & rear
ball joints
bolts
belts
etc

and tools!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

This is rich coming from a Can Am owner :) Can Ams go through so many parts the owners have made a science of predicting failures nearly to the mile.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

What are you talking about? You can buy a kit that comes with the car as an option that has many of those parts.

They said they will have some parts and are holding 10% back as parts to start off. You are going to have to get your parts through Speed at this point. There are no aftermarket replacement parts yet. If you are expecting them to have every part on the car available the day the first car is delivered you are being dumb.

1Carl

Reaction score
What are you talking about? You can buy a kit that comes with the car as an option that has many of those parts.

They said they will have some parts and are holding 10% back as parts to start off. You are going to have to get your parts through Speed at this point. There are no aftermarket replacement parts yet. If you are expecting them to have every part on the car available the day the first car is delivered you are being dumb.
They do come with a 6 month warranty and you can buy an additional white glove extended warranty 12-18 months.

riverroyal

Reaction score

The yama is awesome in my opinion. Lets hope the try to be the leader in utvs someday. They have the abilities to be on top.
I took a seriuos look at them before the X3.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The yama is awesome in my opinion. Lets hope the try to be the leader in utvs someday. They have the abilities to be on top.
I took a seriuos look at them before the X3.

The Yamaha is ok, it’s just not the best for the desert. And the vast majority don’t want to shift all day long.

Things have changed a ton in the last 5 years while things have stayed the same for that car. An updated car and more power would be pretty cool.

2Driver

Reaction score
The Yamaha is ok, it’s just not the best for the desert. And the vast majority don’t want to shift all day long.

Things have changed a ton in the last 5 years while things have stayed the same for that car. An updated car and more power would be pretty cool.
Yep, I had one for a bit. They are ok.

yz450mm

Reaction score
The Yamaha would be cool with a factory turbo, 5 speed trans in a 4 seat. And trailing arm rear suspension. Car would be badass then
They left the yxz out of their 2022 UTV reveal, and every question about them posted to their Instagram account ends up with them saying to stay tuned to their channel for any new model announcements. According to the patent they received earlier this year, they have a dual shock trailing arm design that hopefully sees production.

D19

Reaction score
Are these done now? Passed a 4 seater on the 40 this am behind a Speed chase truck. Looked cool and fully finished.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Why does no one mention the Kawasaki? It isn't the fastest but all the magazines say the suspension is the best just about everywhere, fast or slow. Rock bars and winch included in some models. Proven design and built tough. Is it just because everyone here only wants to run WFO in the desert?

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Dennis-19 think theres a couple that robby has prototypes.

@PlumLoco well its not talked about because this is the speed thread... dont think kawi makes anything thats really all that good..

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why does no one mention the Kawasaki? It isn't the fastest but all the magazines say the suspension is the best just about everywhere, fast or slow. Rock bars and winch included in some models. Proven design and built tough. Is it just because everyone here only wants to run WFO in the desert?
I like the Kawa. It just needs a bit more hp for the sand
In havasu im never wide open

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

It is pitifully slow. A 7 year old RZR 1000 puts literal bus lengths on a Kawasaki.

It is bad ass for rock crawling.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are these done now? Passed a 4 seater on the 40 this am behind a Speed chase truck. Looked cool and fully finished.

Can’t be.. they don’t exist according to the naysayers here.

They are rounding out testing of the pre production units.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Can’t be.. they don’t exist according to the naysayers here.

They are rounding out testing of the pre production units.

They don’t “exist” until they’re delivered to buyers just like any new car like Bricklin, Delorean, Endurance, Rivian, etc. 🤔

It’s a “gonna be” car

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They don’t “exist” until they’re delivered to buyers just like any new car like Bricklin, Delorean, Endurance, Rivian, etc. 🤔

It’s a “gonna be” car

Another Democrat platform you believe in.. like an unborn child is “gonna be” a kid when born right?

Rivians exist, Speed cars exist. Polaris’s new cars exist.

My specific speed car does not yet exist.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Don’t confuse me with your liberal beliefs and support of abortion rights.

Until Speed is delivering production cars they’re not and your hundreds of posts on 60+ pages doesn’t change that fact no matter what your next posts say

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Don’t confuse me with your liberal beliefs and support of abortion rights.

Until Speed is delivering production cars they’re not and your hundreds of posts on 60+ pages doesn’t change that fact no matter what your next posts say

This is getting too easy 😂

712AC8A4-A653-413D-B681-B8FD45083B9E.jpeg

09B99097-692E-4715-921E-CF7F6586FC75.jpeg

9E3556D7-0416-47B0-8245-609D84360198.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.