WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Talk about claustrophobia..

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
nope! I have anxiety watching.
Recently found out during an MRI I’m claustrophobic. Had an MRI in my late 20’s without an issue. Went in for an MRI about a month ago and couldn’t do it. Probably has more todo with me being more robust in my 50’s than my 20’s 😂

rrrr

Reaction score
Recently found out during an MRI I’m claustrophobic. Had an MRI in my late 20’s without an issue. Went in for an MRI about a month ago and couldn’t do it. Probably has more todo with me being more robust in my 50’s than my 20’s 😂

I have had some discomfort in standard size MRI tunnels, had to breathe slowly and think of anything but the fact I was stuffed into that tube and couldn't move. I found an imaging provider that has a larger size tunnel, and it solved the borderline panic situation.

😁

Backlash

Reaction score
Look at all you bitches complaining about the tunnel of love being too tight! 😁 Only on RDP do we want something we can stand up in and do jumping jacks! 🤣

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I have had some discomfort in standard size MRI tunnels, had to breathe slowly and think of anything but the fact I was stuffed into that tube and couldn't move. I found an imaging provider that has a larger size tunnel, and it solved the borderline panic situation.

😁
I got it rescheduled for an open MRI. What a difference.

Taboma

Reaction score
No way, but what I thought was really strange was visible through the tear in the pipe, were large sharp boulders. Who the hell backfills around a water pipe using sharp boulders ?
Unless it's because it passes under the stream bed and the boulders mitigate the pipe being washed away ???

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
How does this guy fit his balls through the pipe. That’s insane.

This would be a hard NO for me. I’ll stand on the sidelines and drag hose or pump mud.

hman442

Reaction score
That's really cool, but I got that "feeling" just watching it....

welldigger00

Reaction score
I could do that all day long and twice on Sunday. Get in a helicopter? No way in hell. It wasn’t backfilled with boulders, that area is solid rock, and they likely blasted the whole way with TNT get put that pipe line in, and used imported backfill that washed away with the flow of the water.

nowski

Reaction score
I wonder what that divers hourly rate is? Here's my rate $$$$ pay it or I walk...

nowski

Reaction score
I could do that all day long and twice on Sunday. Get in a helicopter? No way in hell. It wasn’t backfilled with boulders, that area is solid rock, and they likely blasted the whole way with TNT get put that pipe line in, and used imported backfill that washed away with the flow of the water.

Your a better man than I...

I'll tell you what: I'll let you crawl in the pipe and I'll get on the helicopter, have we got a deal???

rush1

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, that was amazing

nowski

Reaction score

I've had my share of MRI's over the years and it's something I use to dread. This is my new routine before climbing into the tube: An hour before my MRI I take 2 melatonin's to relax my nerves. I bring my own earplugs because the earplugs typically provided are cheap and uncomfortable to wear. I bring a new wash cloth with me, soak it with water, wring it out gently, cover my face, relax my mind, body, soul and tell the technician to get this party started. Works for me...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I've had my share of MRI's over the years and it's something I use to dread. This is my new routine before climbing into the tube: An hour before my MRI I take 2 melatonin's to relax my nerves. I bring my own earplugs because the earplugs typically provided are cheap and uncomfortable to wear. I bring a new wash cloth with me, soak it with water, wring it out gently, cover my face, relax my mind, body, soul and tell the technician to get this party started. Works for me...
In those MRI tubes it relaxes me and I fall to sleep....the noise is like a rythum to me or something like that.

That being said I am certain I would panic in that tube of water.....lol

Reactions: mjc

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wth?!
Happened exactly same way to me. I couldn't push the red panic button fast enough.😂 ended up having to do the open "pancake" style too.
And to segway back to the thread topic it's apparently why I had issues and had to surface while attempting to scuba dive.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I am one of a small group of people that has been down the elevator into the tunnel/tower on lake arrowhead. Its down over 180’ if I remember correctly, and is the tallest elevator in all of San Bernardino county. Built in the early 1900’s. We had to remove the top half of a rising stem gate valve that is one of three that are in series that hold back the lake. They are the drain line, and I want to say 24” lines. There are two lines in parallel, same configuration. There was only one valve ahead of the one we removed, and if it failed, we’d be flushed out a mile long tunnel into willow creek. That didn’t bother me a bit. The elevator on the other hand was sketchy. Round cage in a vertical round tube, with a winch motor on the top, and a cable attached to the top of the elevator cage. That’s it. No safety equipment.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I am one of a small group of people that has been down the elevator into the tunnel/tower on lake arrowhead. Its down over 180’ if I remember correctly, and is the tallest elevator in all of San Bernardino county. Built in the early 1900’s. We had to remove the top half of a rising stem gate valve that is one of three that are in series that hold back the lake. They are the drain line, and I want to say 24” lines. There are two lines in parallel, same configuration. There was only one valve ahead of the one we removed, and if it failed, we’d be flushed out a mile long tunnel into willow creek. That didn’t bother me a bit. The elevator on the other hand was sketchy. Round cage in a vertical round tube, with a winch motor on the top, and a cable attached to the top of the elevator cage. That’s it. No safety equipment.
In your opinion.....and I recognize that going down in a tube 100+ feet is totally different....if you find a MRI tube relaxing would that lend itself to being able to go down tubes like you did? Just curious on your take.....for me I can't imagine even attempting that.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I could do it, but it would take a little to work up to it. The 42 would not be too bad. The 24 that you are the torpedo in would be harder.

Reaction score
is this worst or about the same...

1*PfvHL4nwvqNF6ZCBByZmgA.png

welldigger00

Reaction score
In your opinion.....and I recognize that going down in a tube 100+ feet is totally different....if you find a MRI tube relaxing would that lend itself to being able to go down tubes like you did? Just curious on your take.....for me I can't imagine even attempting that.
When I was a kid, we lived in a housing tract that had culvert pipes that ran across roads and drainage basins and so forth. I’d crawl up those things all the time. Shit like that don’t bother me in the least. Try and put Christmas lights on the second story of my house, no fucking way. I make my daughter do that.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Pretty cool to see that they not only weld it shut but also backfill with the ground media as well, I'm sure once that stuff dries on the pipe and surrounding area its probably just as water tight without the plate.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Also, FUK THAT!!
As others have wrote, I get anxiety watching it. Nope, no way

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That would be very difficult and involve serious calming techniques.

I work under houses on occasion. Not me so much anymore. Getting too old. But some of the big houses, when you are a 15 minute crawl from the access door is sketchy. I had one time where I had to leave in a hurry. Tight crawl suit, and the use of Terminate got me low on oxygen and I scrambled out quickly...much to the amusement of my crew. LOL

traquer

Reaction score
I don't think I could.

A few months ago I was cleaning the hull of my boat and had to literally get under the trailer. No problem at all, but it was sketchy squeezing my chest under the axles. I think the scary part is that you can't just get up and leave if you want, there's X amount of time while you're super vulnerable.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Wth?!
Happened exactly same way to me. I couldn't push the red panic button fast enough.😂 ended up having to do the open "pancake" style too.
And to segway back to the thread topic it's apparently why I had issues and had to surface while attempting to scuba dive.
Never had an MRI until earlier this year (59) it was all I could do to not hit the button. Never had an issue with claustrophobia before and didn't think I would but it was not fun.

PlanB

Reaction score
MRI's used to bother me until I did 32 hours (1.5 hours at a time) in a hyperbaric chamber. Knowing that you're actually trapped inside, and being fed air to survive is weird feeling. In an MRI tube I know I can get out if I really had to.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Never had an MRI until earlier this year (59) it was all I could do to not hit the button. Never had an issue with claustrophobia before and didn't think I would but it was not fun.
Yeah, my Ortho tried it twice on me before opting for open style. Second time on some Xanax but both ended in failure.
I've been in other mri machines just fine but their particular tube is just too snug for this ol' bug😁

riverroyal

Reaction score
and people think pipefitters are pussies. Id do that any day. Unfortunately that guys makes far less than you would think. My guess is $70 a hour max.
You didn't see the length of time that took. That was probably a few weeks.

Also, thats what your drinking water pipeline looks like if your lucky

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
I had to go into a salt mine once, 1800 feet down and then about a half mile under Lake Erie. Cleveland. It was an odd feeling going down that elevator.

Nordie

Reaction score
In my trade we get put into some pretty awkward spots. When I first have to go in I'm okay, but minutes later I'm in flight mode, I will fight someone to get out of there. It never helps when there's 20 or 30 thousand pounds dangling over your head and you have absolutely nowhere to go if SHTF.

These guys definitely earn their money, because there's no way I could ever do that.